[Twitter] Ayu's Twitter/Weibo Discussion #32 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th November 2013, 03:42 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComatoseBunnySnatcher View Post
This.

For one, she HAD to be in the PV.
But this question is implying that Ayu is too self absorbed i her own beauty, which is clearly NOT the case.
HBYA is the perfect example of this.
And let's no forget it made sense the confident version of the girl was Ayu, considering she was an Ayu fan. That's why she was watching Ayu and listening to Ayu for the whole video.

This was just a very literal take on what "role model" means.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 30th November 2013, 06:06 PM
monochrome Initiate

Firstly,

true ending yet to be revealed will show the girl walking away with the guy as her true self, ie, the chubby girl not ayu.

Secondly,

I can't believe how up in arms some of you got about the 'message' of this pv about the attractiveness/unattractiveness of the girl, but didn't give a moment's thought to the fact that the 'dream man' is of course portrayed as a gorgeous hunk.

Double standards much?

Old 30th November 2013, 06:35 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy View Post
Ayu is just too nice!! She definitely felt offended by she's mature enough not to show it... Fellow AHS-er, having met ayu before doesn't give you more authority to criticise her work in her face.

And please don't give that "being honest with ayu is the best way to show that we value her work etc etc" reason.
This ! I agree 100% !

Ayu's concerts
Hotel Love Songs (05.2012 : Fukui, Yokohama)
A Best Live (04.2013 : Saitama, Nagoya)
Cirque de Minuit (05.2015 : Fukuoka)
Power of Music 20th Anniversary (04.2018 : Saitama)
Old 30th November 2013, 09:00 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
For one, THIS. IS'T. EVEN. THE. FULL. VERSION.
Pretty sure Aura didn't know that when she wrote what she did.
Quote:
Ayu is just too nice!! She definitely felt offended by she's mature enough not to show it... Fellow AHS-er, having met ayu before doesn't give you more authority to criticise her work in her face.

And please don't give that "being honest with ayu is the best way to show that we value her work etc etc" reason. How many times did you tells your friends things like "Jane, no offence, but I think you are a selfish person, you cared only for yourself and besides that, working with you made me realise that you are irresponsible and calculative. I sincerely hope you'll change."
You don't know what she does or does not feel lol And Aura's message was not even like that. Stop spouting bullshit wherever you go. You're stinking up the place.

I swear. Sometimes I feel like trolling Ayu, and being super blunt with how I feel, so that when people like Aura address her, you guys can appreciate what actual respectful criticism looks like.

She was not out of line at all. This is kinda what happens, you know. In the real world. When you offer your work up to other people. I think we should all be really grateful that the offended people seemed somewhat in the minority, and that people didn't crazy flame or harass Ayu over twitter or something.

@jon: actually, people DID bring that up a few times. And people also brought up how it's a bit insulting to him, that he didn't pay attention to the girl when she was fat (if that's what happened, but since it's not the real ending, who knows).

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 30th November 2013, 10:05 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
calm down guys, it's avex's fault for not putting "Short version" in the first place which has caused a misunderstanding.

i also don't find Aura's tweet offensive though, it's ok, ayu is an adult and she's been in the business for 15 years already, i'm sure she has been "immune" by much much worse comments.
she is a human being, it doesn't mean you can throw whatever at her. 5, 10, 15, 20 years, she will still be a human being. Imagine if everyone would start doing that, she'd go crazy! She obviously cares and felt something ebcause she responded in the first place, so you cannot say she's imune to stuff like that. especially wen it comes from your own fans, i think it could have been put in a different way especially when it's internet and 50% of communication info is lost due to not being able to see the person's face, hear the voice and notice body language.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 30th November 2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 1st December 2013, 12:01 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
Pretty sure Aura didn't know that when she wrote what she did.
so what? you don't start a message to someone you admire nicely and end it by accusing them or tearing them a new one. Ayu met Aura in person, which IMO makes this even worse because its not just someone from a screen somewhere.
Old 1st December 2013, 12:28 AM
Initiate

I just don't see what's wrong with Aura's tweet. Its the main fact that she expressed a negative opinion? That's the feeling I have after reading this thread, 'cause I haven't seen any good argument yet.

How bad can be that someone who loves you tells you the truth? Who will, if not you? I'm into artistic things, and I truly hope people tell me the truth about my work, specially those who love me/my work. Aura spoke with respect, otherwise, ayu wouldn't have answered her. And she did, and she didn't seemed offended at all. Feedback it's very important, and a bad opinion is more important than a good one, because it will make you grow and see things from another perspective. (always with respect, of course).

It seems that we only have to tell her "I love youuuu, keep going that line!", but not a negative comment, while both are necessary at the same level.

PD: And meeting her in person doesn't make Aura a better or a worse fan. She was so lucky to see her, just like much other fans. She's not her personal friend or something. Ayu follows her in twitter, so what? At most, it means that ayu reads her tweets and takes the consideration to answer (something which she have done with a lot of other fans, btw). In fact, I think it's the opposite; if someone who you personally know tell you a bad review, you will give that person more credit than a stranger's one.

PD2: I don't think Feel The Love PV is incomplete. The story will end in Merry Go Round PV. That's why avex didn't put "short ver" in youtube. 'Cause that's actually the full version.
Old 1st December 2013, 01:08 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
now she feels the need to give away te explanation beforethe whole thing is even out.
What if the next PV was a prequel where the guy really liked her but he was nerdy and figured getting buff would make her notice him? Ayu doesn't tend to make story driven PVs with no meaning so I think it's way too soon to be getting pissed off or upset about one video in Ayu's gigantic catalogue.

Everyone's just jumped to opinions here and concluded their thoughts about the PV without waiting for clarification or...........anything, really.

I loved a lot of aspects about the PV and hope she continues storied that have fun aspects in them over the endless "boyfriend dramabomb" stories as of the last few years

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 1st December 2013, 01:31 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

really lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aura
Ayu, @ayu_19980408 love you, but 'Feel the love' PV was disappointing. And I'm not just talking about it being simple, with childish cartoons or things like that. It's the message you are conveying with it. I'm sure you didn't want it to be seen this way (I hope so at least), maybe you thought everyone would see an 'accept the way you are, and others will' message. But to be honest, if that's what you wanted to say, it's done in a terrible way. Everyone, specially women, will see it like 'Poor fat girl, the hot boy won't look at her twice, unless she is thin'. That's what you wanted to say? Even if what you are trying to say is that at the end the girl feels beautiful and the boy sees her beautiful, why make everyone see that beautiful = you? Not that you are not beautiful, you are, but the girl in the PV isn't? I know I'm probably taking it too seriously, but this is a tricky subject you wanted your PV to be about. Women are constantly being told how they must look and this PV doesn't help. Surely the comical treatment of this PV is because the song is cheerful, but it's not nice to see that the 'fat girl' is the one being mocked, running around eating chicken, falling, breaking brooms... etc... I don't know, it's like the opposite PV of 'How beautiful you are', that one was so beautiful and had such a powerful message... I'm sure you are still that Ayu, but please, check out the scrips for your PV's, think about what will people see in it, you are an influential artist and you have to care about what young girls will see from you, I wouldn't like your young fans to think that being overweight is a reason to be mocked or to not being loved. That's my honest opinion, hope you'll read it. I'm not hating you or anything, I'm still looking forward to Mery-go-round and its PV, and everything you do. But I don't like to see this message coming from someone who has been my role model in many aspects and is still my most loved artist in the world. Love you, Aura
Yes, this message: one person's opinions, full of questions, "idk's", a little bit of self doubt, care for other fans, and a shit ton of "I love you's", is definitely tearing Ayu a new one.

I don't think I have ever seen such flaming in all my life. This Aura is a badass. Y'all better watch it.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 1st December 2013, 01:35 AM
monochrome Initiate

Wow, that was the message? And the lot of you are complaining it's aggressive?

I swear, it's like most of you are just looking to pick a fight. The message isn't even that bad and it's pretty positive and constructive with its criticism. You CAN disagree with an Artist, even one that you like.
Old 1st December 2013, 01:42 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
she is a human being, it doesn't mean you can throw whatever at her. 5, 10, 15, 20 years, she will still be a human being. Imagine if everyone would start doing that, she'd go crazy! She obviously cares and felt something ebcause she responded in the first place, so you cannot say she's imune to stuff like that. especially wen it comes from your own fans, i think it could have been put in a different way especially when it's internet and 50% of communication info is lost due to not being able to see the person's face, hear the voice and notice body language.
yes of course she's human being like any of us, if we were talking about aura's tweet, it seriously doesn't sound offensive at all. and in this case, it's all just a misunderstanding, if avex put the right description on the PV title, short version, i'm sure Aura wouldn't go rant at her, like Aura has explained herself.

hmm i don't know, but imo, she could be standing in the industry for 15 years, i'm sure she has been so used to the negative comments already, i remember she tweeted about that or said it at somewhere else, she said that she doesn't even care anymore. and in this case, i think ayu knew that avex made a mistake about the PV title description that has already caused a misunderstanding among the fans, so she felt that she needed to explain herself which is good and i really love her for explaining in a long english tweet which she never did before.

i don't mind if fans want to give their opinions about ayu's works to her at twitter/facebook as long as those fans do it with respect. as fans, we can sometimes feel disappointed too. though, me personally, even if i don't like something from ayu, i won't go rant at her, because i'm not sure if she's gonna read my tweets or not, LOL, so i'll just enjoy it. but yeah, we are all human beings after all, we have all different opinions, but respect is most important thing even though we are different.
Old 1st December 2013, 04:35 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zahara View Post
Wow, that was the message? And the lot of you are complaining it's aggressive?

I swear, it's like most of you are just looking to pick a fight. The message isn't even that bad and it's pretty positive and constructive with its criticism. You CAN disagree with an Artist, even one that you like.
i like to troll
Old 1st December 2013, 05:48 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deibel View Post
PD2: I don't think Feel The Love PV is incomplete. The story will end in Merry Go Round PV. That's why avex didn't put "short ver" in youtube. 'Cause that's actually the full version.
Short version is now what is on YouTube and been edited into all of her videos. We haven't seen the ending yet. You can't think that random fade out is in the actual PV... and if it is, that is odd.

Merry-go-round is likely not connected to Feel the love. At least, I hope.
Old 1st December 2013, 08:19 AM
Because of You Initiate

In the case of the PV, you need to go after Avex for being a dumbass and not putting the "short ver." in there when they had to. As for everything else, people need to slow down a little and have patience when it comes to things like meanings bechind the PVs, etc., cuz that stuff can be so easily missunderstood.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 1st December 2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 1st December 2013, 11:11 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
i like to troll
You devil's advocate lol.
Old 1st December 2013, 12:56 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
In the case of the PV, you need to go after Avex for being a dumbass and not putting the "short ver." in there when they had to. As for everything else, people need to slow down a little and have patience when it comes to things like meanings bechind the PVs, etc., cuz that stuff can be so easily missunderstood.
Chucking in my $0.02 again but this precisely.

I'm seeing this chick in the PV is more "putting on Ayu" than "becoming Ayu".

Ayu in the background, Ayu chilling with Hello Kitty for some reason while she works out. Heck, when I saw the preview image in my YouTube notification, I thought that she was Ayu hamming it up with hipster glasses....she actually does look similar to Ayu in some aspects...

The way I've viewed this PV is that the girl is motivated to do something about herself and impress someone she likes. She works hard with Ayu supporting her on. By the end of the track she "puts on" Ayu (who yes, is small and skinny, but bear with it here). Ayu has been there all along and she's confident thanks to Ayu's support. The face might be Ayu but the mind and heart are of this protagonist.

In a lot of religious texts, there are references to "putting on" Christ, meaning that you should take on the positive teachings of Yahweh/Jesus in your everyday life. Not to equate this PV with the Bible but keeping that train of thought in mind while watching this, Feel the Love isn't about how you "have to be small and Japanese" to get a boyfriend. It's about putting on the confidence and getting out there to make a positive change in your life.

Not everyone needs some deep personal reason to do things and changing things about yourself is not always a bad thing. Some people use clothes to motivate themselves to get fit, some people are worried by an illness in the family. Maybe she was just sick of being overweight and uses him for inspiration? Maybe the PV is just an elaborate dream sequence?

Some people just don't want to be overweight for some reason and that's OK. Other people are perfectly comfortable being overweight or underweight or whatever and that's OK too. We're getting too caught up on the political correctness here - would it be the same reaction if the woman was Japanese?

Feel the Love isn't indicative that Ayu is a fat-shaming, skinny-glorifying xenophobe who wants to make fun of people - give her more credit than that. This is the same Ayu who champions gay people in popular culture, gave us videos like Endless Sorrow and HBYA. The gun was well and truly jumped on this video.

Avex artists don't seem to have a good track record of releasing "part 2" PVs (how many of Namie's PVs are "to be continued"?) so maybe this time they just left it off? Or maybe Ayu's down at Avex HQ right now slicing some heads

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 1st December 2013, 04:15 PM
Far away Initiate

Seriously, people, why go rant to ayu how much you disagree with her work? This isn't the 1st time this is happening... I realised some ahs-er actually complaint about every single thing she does... Her dress, her make up, her pv, her concerts etc... Well, if you are so unhappy with her work, you can just leave.
I do have friends who are ex-ayu fans, they are no longer interested in her work anymore... And they just stop supporting her... Well, that's the thing you should do instead of your constant bashing..
Old 1st December 2013, 04:41 PM
End of the World Initiate

I also agree that it's not about the girl being Ayu, it's about the girl invoking what she sees on the Television, and becoming her idol, gaining the courage to do something from the woman she watches on the TV. It just makes sense - How could she be the same woman from the television, when the woman on the television already exists before she transforms. She's just invoking the feeling that she gets when she's listening to or watching Ayu, and she feels like she's as cool and as beautiful as Ayu is in the final scene of the short version.

Ayu said that we haven't seen the whole story of the PV - I don't think it's a continuation in Merry-go-round, because honestly it doesn't fit the lyrics of merry-go-round at all.

Maybe we should all just chill. Lol.
Old 1st December 2013, 06:02 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Seriously, people, why go rant to ayu how much you disagree with her work? This isn't the 1st time this is happening... I realised some ahs-er actually complaint about every single thing she does... Her dress, her make up, her pv, her concerts etc... Well, if you are so unhappy with her work, you can just leave.
I do have friends who are ex-ayu fans, they are no longer interested in her work anymore... And they just stop supporting her... Well, that's the thing you should do instead of your constant bashing..

You are missing what people are saying. It's not complaining, she was bringing up genuine views that somehow you view as "complaining". It's not.
Old 3rd December 2013, 06:02 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it's pretty much textbook complaining since it expresses dissatisfaction in some way.

Anyway, Ayu's latest TA update seems to have mentioned the 7days Limited blog... looks as though she was forced to write in a certain way compared to her TA blogs.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd December 2013 at 07:15 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, twitter, weibo