[News] 2020 FNS Kayousai - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th December 2020, 09:05 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Eh??? I literally didn't hear any screaming in that performance.
She's clearly working on her vocals since she's basically got 1/4th of the hearing she did at the beginning of her career. I can't even imagine how hard that would be.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 5th December 2020, 06:37 PM
No way to say Initiate

omg it's her best tv-live performance in like a decade!! and she looked so beautiful!! it's a shame they didn't make close-ups

but where's the belly??? they covered it so well

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 6th December 2020, 11:37 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellyx View Post
Eh??? I literally didn't hear any screaming in that performance.
Then listen again. You don't notice because it's not as frequent and apparent as it used to be. Featured in the second half of the performance. Especially in the end: "sonna koto o tsutaeyō kana..."

Last edited by Chris85; 6th December 2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old 7th December 2020, 09:04 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 7th December 2020, 11:14 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Then listen again. You don't notice because it's not as frequent and apparent as it used to be. Featured in the second half of the performance. Especially in the end: "sonna koto o tsutaeyō kana..."
I honestly don’t hear it either. It’s her best performance in years. If it wasn’t because her lip syncing is really obvious when she does it, I would have thought this was too. She sounds even better than on the studio version!! The hype for the upcoming concerts is real.
Old 7th December 2020, 02:13 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
It’s her best performance in years. She sounds even better than on the studio version!!
Agreed.
Old 7th December 2020, 03:44 PM
poker face Initiate

Hm, I totally understand how ballad performances may come as louder than usual since the instruments are gentler and allows her voice to be more powerful. I would not call that screaming though.
The note Chris85 mentions "sonna koto o tsutaeyō kana..." is a transition one so it comes out seemingly powerful than the one that follows it.
As a musician myself, I try to listen to a performance with the emotion in mind. How is she conveying that emotion? Does it reach me? In this performance it reached me without hearing any screaming or forceful notes.

It clearly is a subjective topic since our focus and hearing may differ, but keep in mind that not every powerful sung note is screaming. I get it how comparing to some of her other years and adjusting to her new vocals may be tough, but it seems that we tend to use the term "screaming" easily when it comes to her singing, which saddens me.

I stand by my point that it is obvious she has been investing so much in her voice this year and I hope she can sing like this in front of a live audience as well.
Old 8th December 2020, 12:34 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikytaryan View Post
but keep in mind that not every powerful sung note is screaming.
Absolutely. And there are powerful notes in this performance that I consider to be singing, but that one and few others I didn't like, more in the shouty territory to me.
Yes, it's subjective.
Old 8th December 2020, 08:29 PM
still alone Initiate

I'm so happy with this performance. The vocals were wonderful and her dress did not disappoint.
I am hoping for more performances like this in the future. Good vocals, gorgeous costume, live band, natural emotions. I actually feel an excitement that I haven't felt in a while from this performance.
Old 9th December 2020, 06:13 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

queen!

Tags
fns 2020, ohia no ki