[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st March 2012, 11:54 AM
glitter Initiate

GUILTY episode II, but worse
Old 21st March 2012, 11:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

GUILTY was #1 in the first week of sales though if you remember correctly. She lost it because it was a 2 week long Oricon 'week' where Kobukuro sold 20k or so more than her despite being their 3rd[?] week. It was intense. In any other week, Ayu'd have gotten the #1.

Now that we know she's going to go on a massive promotion spree, I wonder if it'll result in better sales? Hopefully a lot of the album tracks get some radio play.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:56 AM
appears Initiate

you guys!!! Please TRUST Ayu! Please "TRUST HER BRA" ;p
Old 21st March 2012, 11:57 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

I dunno if her bra's gonna get her through this one lol

So, what exactly counts as the debut sales? I thought it was always the sales of the official release date...does that mean that all of these sales get lumped together?

Or is monday the official release date then?

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 21st March 2012, 11:57 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
GUILTY was #1 in the first week of sales though if you remember correctly. She lost it because it was a 2 week long Oricon 'week' where Kobukuro sold 20k or so more than her despite being their 3rd[?] week. It was intense. In any other week, Ayu'd have gotten the #1.
This is something I've always wondered about. Why was the "2nd week" of Guilty so high? Did she do some sort of special event?

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 21st March 2012, 11:59 AM
Lelio Protector

The sales were just steady throughout the week. Hopefully it will be the same with Party Queen this one week.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:59 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
I dunno if her bra's gonna get her through this one lol

So, what exactly counts as the debut sales? I thought it was always the sales of the official release date...does that mean that all of these sales get lumped together?

Or is monday the official release date then?
Yeah! I don't really get when is the actual sales start. Anyone want to explain?
Old 21st March 2012, 12:00 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The second week is where she was #2 all week to Kobukuro. It wasn't really high, but she basically sold 200k~ two weeks in a row for GUILTY.

A lesson in CD releases in Japan:
Normally, Japanese CDs have release dates on Wednesdays. For example, Party Queen's actual release date is 3/21, a Wednesday.

However, just about every Japanese CD releases a day or two earlier in CD stores for some reason (this is also the case for some magazines and games among other things) which is called a furage or "flying get" day. I don't know exactly why they do this furage practice, but I guess it could be to ensure an extra day of sales for Oricon? This day is usually when we get our first day of sales and is usually the highest number of the week. For some acts, the day after can be a bit higher.

In some cases where a holiday will fall on the furage day, CDs will be released up to a few days earlier in order to compensate for the holiday though some consumers may not be aware of it which is what happened this week with Party Queen. This was also the case for GUILTY for some reason, which released on 12/25 instead of 12/27 like most 01/01 releases due to a decision from her management to release it early.

Last edited by truehappiness; 21st March 2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:01 PM
Initiate

Can someone translate correctly what she EXACTLY said about TV/promotion?
Old 21st March 2012, 12:02 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post

Now that we know she's going to go on a massive promotion spree, I wonder if it'll result in better sales? Hopefully a lot of the album tracks get some radio play.
Is she?

And I think it all came down to those covers. I'm sure many fans felt a bit skeptical about them, and many are obviously not buying the album at all or thinking about it. Even some of my ayufan friends on facebook haven't even talked about ayu releasing this album. They might even feel shame or something

I personally don't care about the covers, but the Japanese are a bit... dramatic, when it comes to an artist's image and reputation and stuff.

She just went through a divorce and now her almost naked picture's all over Shibuya on trucks and stuff... just awkward.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:07 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Is she?
According to fans who read her TeamAyu blog, yes. It seems like she's going to be doing A BEST 2-level promotion on a ton of TV programs (not necessarily singing) and radio stations.

Quote:
I personally don't care about the covers, but the Japanese are a bit... dramatic, when it comes to an artist's image and reputation and stuff.
The reaction I saw from Japanese Ayu fans was that they thought the covers were cool and sexy. I may not have been looking in the right places for the dramatic "We hate these~!" reactions though.

Last edited by truehappiness; 21st March 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:11 PM
glitter Initiate

That would be good, she'll be able to answer people's questions and explain herself better for this release.

She did an amazing job in that Scawaii interview.

EDIT: I just feel that the general public have these milestones of ayu, when she got married, when she got divorced, and now her image of being a "party queen" everywhere. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were confused, or whatever.

But yeah, if she gets to explain herself better, I'm sure people will listen, most importantly, the fans themselves.

Last edited by SURREAL__RAINBOW; 21st March 2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:17 PM
Lelio Protector

I wouldn't be optimistic for the reason of TV performances (interviews or whatevers) since most of the time it appears that they don't help, at least not for sales. On the other side I love seeing ayu on tv so I'm glad
Old 21st March 2012, 12:17 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Oops, a few personal thoughts that got a bit long.
Spoiler:
]I have always been a bigger fan of Ayu than ABC but I still like ABC very very much. And this time around he actually have a better album than Ayu. All according to my own personal taste of course. Ayu didn't click as much as she often do with me this time. Even though I've been a fan of hers for over 10 years, cried, seen her live, have this crazy big Ayu collection with almost all her releases e.t.c I cancelled this album right the minute I saw the covers (and I really needed money because of that stupid dentist, argh). After listening to the album I still like the middle part, I love reminds me + Tell me why, I enjoy the jazz parts and skips the first and last songs. Anywhooo...

I might have found that I'm not the only one who "clicked" with this album even though we love Ayu and all because of different reasons. This doesn't say that the album is bad, just that it's not our taste? I also don't think the covers helped her out this time around like others have said. Especially with the divorce e.t.c.

ABC have a solid album and had a really nice promotion that went on for almost a year. It is supricing to see him selling higher than Ayu but I would actually be happy if he got that well deserved #1 spot with this. But I'm sceptical, Ayu have an amazing crowd of fans who support her and I think this will be a hard fight in the end. ABCs numbers will fall faster than Ayus. She's steadier.

Either way I'm super happy to see both of them in the top because I don't really bother about sales anymore (even though the music companies really does and it will affect artists too) but for my personal care I'm not bothered. I'm just really hoping Avex won't put an Ami Suzuki on Ayu.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.

Last edited by MissElin_; 21st March 2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:19 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I'm quite disappointed with the sales.. the covers and the lack of PVs..
the songs are still great thou. hoping for better sales.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:19 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I wouldn't be optimistic for the reason of TV performances (interviews or whatevers) since most of the time it appears that they don't help, at least not for sales. On the other side I love seeing ayu on tv so I'm glad
Well, every little bit helps imo. Appearing on TV and radio wouldn't lower her sales so why not, haha~
Old 21st March 2012, 12:22 PM
glitter Initiate

I also forgot how this album had no singles to back it up, I just can't consider hbya as a proper single because it didn't give the album enough time, and it's only one digital single anyway.

The album had no commercial strength, as in Japan they're used to having singles first and then the albums.

If they would've released a proper single before the album, I'm sure it would've had better first week sales than the album itself. They had the time, they could've done the one-month-before release or something.

AVEX is a mess.

Last edited by SURREAL__RAINBOW; 21st March 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:34 PM
Two of us Initiate

Anyone like me?
I preorder the limited boxset in amazon in feb but still not ship out yet.
When will the sales be counted?
Today?
Old 21st March 2012, 12:52 PM
monochrome Initiate

wewwww...
am i dreamin
ayu used to sell above 50k in its 1st day album release
pooor ayu...
will avex do MW Miracle again?

Old 21st March 2012, 01:03 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro_Ray View Post
Anyone like me?
I preorder the limited boxset in amazon in feb but still not ship out yet.
When will the sales be counted?
Today?
Me neither. And i have sent email to Amazon.
Their reply is they are so sorry and haven't get the box yet cuz the "Manufacturer problem"..Really sucks AVEX.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon, party queen