[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of ~You were.../BALLAD~ II - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th January 2010, 04:42 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

^

Probably there will be a new album already released when the tour starts and NEXT LEVEL will fade away definitely from the charts :/ .... or not *-*
Old 26th January 2010, 04:46 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I'll buy 6 if you'll buy 5 LOL.
it should be at least 200 copies sold to appear in top 300 oricon and counted
Old 26th January 2010, 09:43 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
7th Day
Position: #23
Sales: 390
Total Sales: 111,184

4th Week
Position: Still Unknown
Estimated Sales: 2,563
Estimated Total Sales: 111,184
Official Sales: Still Unknown
Official Total Sales: Still Unknown
It was higher again.

29 2,934 浜崎あゆみ

Total sales: 111,554

Hm, sales will probably be under 120k, but above 115k in the end?
Old 26th January 2010, 10:06 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

YAY!!! 120k will be perfect...although 125k is better...hahaha...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 26th January 2010, 11:11 AM
Lelio Protector

Yep, it's higher, thank you truehappiness!

4th Week
Position: #29
Estimated Sales: 2,563
Estimated Total Sales: 111,184
Official Sales: 2,934
Official Total Sales: 111,554

So it officially outsold Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~. ^_^

5th Week 1st Day
Position: #17

Last edited by ayumisrael; 26th January 2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 26th January 2010, 11:14 AM
monochrome Initiate

without the third version it probably wouldn't have outsold talkin' 2 myself and Sunrise. hm
Old 26th January 2010, 12:11 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourniquet View Post
without the third version it probably wouldn't have outsold talkin' 2 myself and Sunrise. hm
And you would know that how...?

Debbie Downer alert.

Last edited by truehappiness; 26th January 2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 26th January 2010, 12:13 PM
Dolls Initiate

wow.. amazing that NEXT LEVEL still sold more than 1000 copies at its 29th week~

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 26th January 2010, 12:17 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
And you would know that how...?

Debbie Downer alert.
Common sense...?
Old 26th January 2010, 12:18 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
^

Probably there will be a new album already released when the tour starts and NEXT LEVEL will fade away definitely from the charts :/ .... or not *-*
I think this too..but which album came back into the charts when NEXT LEVEL initially charted?
Old 26th January 2010, 12:20 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Common sense...?
It's possible that the same amount of people could've purchased the single, just not getting the version that was added and instead getting the other CD+DVD or whatever.

It's a little pessimistic to think that everyone who did buy the CD+DVD versions ended up buying both of them. After all, Sunrise/Sunset had two versions and sold in a similar manner. To assume that everyone did buy all three/two versions doesn't scream "common sense" to me.

What I see here is basically someone trying to discount the fact that she outsold Sunrise/Sunset by making some snide comment about how ~without the third version~ she wouldn't have been able to sell 111k+. But how does one know this? It's like... sure, you take one away and the sales will probably go down a bit, but I don't think it's at all safe to assume that anyone who bought the single bought more than one copy, which is what's being done here. Blah, it's people like this who basically talk about how Ayu's career has been down the tubes in terms of financial success/selling power when for the last 10 years, she's been in the top 3 for female solo artists in total sales in yen. Ugh. It disgusts me that just because one (probably) isn't too satisfied with what she's doing currently when it comes to her music keeps trying to make her successes seem like they're no big deal. What kind of fan does that?!

Last edited by truehappiness; 26th January 2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 26th January 2010, 12:26 PM
monochrome Initiate

^ahahahaha. but vice versa everyone will jump at a single that's only released in two versions and justify comparably low sales.

I think you're the debbie downer if you honestly don't think that at least 5-10k of that total sum is made up of her hardcore purchasers buying the third version.
Old 26th January 2010, 12:31 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I think you're the debbie downer if you honestly don't think that at least 5-10k of that total sum is made up of her hardcore purchasers buying the third version.
Don't ahahaha me.

I'm not the one trying to make her sales for this single seem like they're nothing. I know there was a third version. I know that it probably made up X amount of sales, but no one really knows anything for sure, so why assume? And so what if it makes up 5-10k? Does the possibility that it could've sold 5,000 - 10,000 copies less somehow make the single's total less factual? I don't think most people even think about how many versions her singles had when comparing sales. In the long run, people look back and say: "Oh, this sold so and so amount of copies" without really caring about how many different kinds there were. If you want to get that technical about it, then what about A and it's 7+ versions? What about the 4 different covers of H? Do those facts somehow make the 1 million+ copies that those singles ended up selling any less significant? And to take it a step further, what about MY STORY? Do the four CD+DVD versions of MY STORY cancel out the fact that it was her last million seller?

How is trying to look on the bright side of things being a downer on this situation?

Just to clarify what a Debbie Downer is:
1. a: a person who says something terribly depressing (a downer), typically only tangentially related to the present circumstance or topic of conversation, and thereby destroys the positive atmosphere., Someone who throws in a negative comment or brings down the mood when something positive happens or is said. (ex. people being happy about the single outselling S/S... only to have someone bring up that there's a possibility that the third version was the reason why it sold 111k+ copies.)

Last edited by truehappiness; 26th January 2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 26th January 2010, 04:16 PM
count down Initiate

Well I do think the 3 versions helped the single sales a little...

Anyway, good job for this single. Seems like 115k is within reach.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 26th January 2010, 07:18 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I don't know or care how multiple versions contribute to sales. All I know is I have two copies, one I bought the other a gift.
Old 26th January 2010, 07:59 PM
monochrome Initiate

120k? Keep it up Ayu !

Old 26th January 2010, 08:00 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Blah, it's people like this who basically talk about how Ayu's career has been down the tubes in terms of financial success/selling power when for the last 10 years, she's been in the top 3 for female solo artists in total sales in yen.
To be fair though, you have to admit that is due in large part to her high number of releases each year. (Koda too probably) If Ayu released less products or the other female artists released more, it would likely be a different result. So that's good for Ayu and Avex, they work non-stop to put out more releases and therefore to end up as the overall highest sellers; nothing wrong there. The year 2001 is a prime example though where on an individual basis, Hikki's products outsold Ayu's but because Ayu released like a gazillion singles that year, she came out as number 1 overall. So I don't think you can just look at the final result and say that it tells the whole story.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 26th January 2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 26th January 2010, 08:23 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
To be fair though, you have to admit that is due in large part to her high number of releases each year.
This is true, but for Ayu, it seems a little... restrained. But then again, most artists don't tour every year with a DVD the next year along with a CDL DVD, and at least 2 singles and an album. Compared to other artists, she's totally releasing way more, but somehow, it just feels like she's releasing a bare minimum...
Old 26th January 2010, 08:31 PM
P.S II Initiate

I hope 120k but it seems difficult with the new album released soon... or maybe when they'll say the news it will chart higher? The sales are really difficult to predict u.u

And I hope also NL will chart again.

Old 26th January 2010, 08:37 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
To be fair though, you have to admit that is due in large part to her high number of releases each year. (Koda too probably) If Ayu released less products or the other female artists released more, it would likely be a different result. So that's good for Ayu and Avex, they work non-stop to put out more releases and therefore to end up as the overall highest sellers; nothing wrong there. The year 2001 is a prime example though where on an individual basis, Hikki's products outsold Ayu's but because Ayu released like a gazillion singles that year, she came out as number 1 overall. So I don't think you can just look at the final result and say that it tells the whole story.
Well, she still needs to be popular enough to have good sales for her ton of releases... She could be releasing like crazy and having mediocre sales for everything, what would most likelly take her out of the top of the yearly best sellers^^

good (but not amazing) sales + tons (but less than before) of releases = best selling female artist^^

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 26th January 2010 at 08:42 PM.

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, oricon, you were.../ballad