[News] 49th and 50th singles: [crossroad] 9/22 and [L] 9/29 [V] - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th August 2010, 10:29 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetGirl View Post
could be yeah. I missed her ballads so much with NEXT LEVEL. I mean, album was super awsome, but it seriously lacked emotions and ballads. Im so happy she gave us emotions on RNRC with count down, last links when you can feel bitterness and coldness, Sunset and BALLAD when you can feel nostalgic, and grand epic ballad like You were...
This!! I really missed the ballads around the NL period. She only had 2 and they weren't amazing to me. She definitely made up for it with all the great ones on RnRC and now these new ones. I don't have a problem with her releasing a lot of ballads. Her ballads are the type of songs I will never get tired of and probably listen to for the rest of my life, they never sound dated like some pop songs could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 View Post
I don't think blossom is even a ballad, in accordance to the conventions of what a ballad in pop music should be.
I don't think of it as a ballad either because of the chorus. The acoustic orchestra version will definitely turn it into one though lol. I'm so excited for that!

Last edited by love in music; 28th August 2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 28th August 2010, 10:32 PM
TO BE Initiate

I don't think blossom is a ballad either.

The covers are so appealing. I love them.
Old 28th August 2010, 10:40 PM
Greatful days Initiate

I really missed her ballads during the NEXT LEVEL era too, and all the ballads she's been releasing lately ARE great songs. I'm just missing the upbeat and rock singles lately, I guess. I wouldn't mind if "L" has one ballad, but I'm really hoping for a pop tune and a rock tune. It's been forever since that kind of single. The last was Rule / Sparkle.
Old 28th August 2010, 10:43 PM
Because of You Initiate

well, listen to her rock and pop songs instead
I listen to Duty track and Im ok with the fact she wont ever release such track ever again
She never had true rnb track. That was the most far of her rnb journey lol
Old 28th August 2010, 10:45 PM
winding road Initiate

^ Real me was the closest to be R&B-ish I think.

I think that's why NEXT LEVEL was refreshing for me and became one of my favorite albums: lack of ballads. Not that I don't like them, I prefer ballads than mid-tempo/up-beat/pop/rock songs in Ayu's music. It's just when I'm listening to NL it's like discovering completely different thing. I'm glad she's done that "experiment" with that album and it has been a success for me. I don't care for NL haters.

yup, blossom is not a ballad... mid-tempo pop-ish song. It has that Ayu's summer song vibe, but at the same time it's different from other ones... That's why I love it. Can't wait for PV! This and SDW cover are the most exciting things about this single for me.
Old 28th August 2010, 10:55 PM
Greatful days Initiate

I wonder what the chances of HANABI ~episode III~ being on "L" are... That's a ballad I wouldn't mind a bit.
Old 28th August 2010, 10:57 PM
winding road Initiate

^ I wonder how it would turn out to sound...
Old 28th August 2010, 11:00 PM
Because of You Initiate

yeah, Real me too, but I want soul rnb more type. I think she wont ever do that cuz of her vocals in the first place, but another Real me would be really cool.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:04 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ` flying proud View Post
^ Real me was the closest to be R&B-ish I think.
Wasn't kanariya labeled as R&B?
Old 28th August 2010, 11:12 PM
winding road Initiate

^ yes you're right! kanariya was really soul/r&b, I mean album version of course. (I'm the only one on this planet who prefers that version over single remix. Remix was great but... but.)

Last edited by noisy_harmony; 28th August 2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:12 PM
Because of You Initiate

I love every version of kanariya. its such an awsome song!!!!!
Old 28th August 2010, 11:16 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ` flying proud View Post
^ yes you're right! kanariya was really soul/r&b, I mean album version of course. (I'm the only one on this planet who prefers that version over single remix. But remix was great too)
no you're not. The remix was godawful, the original was amazing

Old 28th August 2010, 11:18 PM

I prefer none of the versions of kanariya most of the time. Her voice gives me a headache in that song.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:20 PM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierofSilence View Post
^just asking. did u also read all the news about tracklist and the PV info about JaeJoong being in Ayu's blossom PV? Was just wondering if u need a further update. Trying to help.

Btw, i love ur avatar and siggy. Also, ur location? Uhhh... what're u doing in Ayu's closet?
thanks for the further update. i just jumped on Facebook and saw one of the Ayu pages had a new pic, so i rushed over to AHS to see if there were any new updates. low and behold there weer alot of updates!

the covers are definitely different. maybe i'm not partial to them because i was expecting something completely different. if she would have ditched the cutesy face and had a more fierce/sexy expression, i think the covers would be so much better. that's just my opinion tho.

tumblr

Old 28th August 2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda♥ View Post
if she would have ditched the cutesy face and had a more fierce/sexy expression, i think the covers would be so much better. that's just my opinion tho.
I'm the opposite. I probably wouldn't like a "fierce" expression like the Rule/Sparkle covers/CDL 09-10 cover. I prefer her normal eyebrows lol.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:40 PM
No way to say Initiate

^ Same! The eyebrows on CDL09-10 were the only things that turned me off from liking it I'm happy with her expressions on these covers (^_^)
Old 28th August 2010, 11:40 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetGirl View Post
well, listen to her rock and pop songs instead
I listen to Duty track and Im ok with the fact she wont ever release such track ever again
She never had true rnb track. That was the most far of her rnb journey lol
I love Duty (and I HATE RnB)!
Old 28th August 2010, 11:50 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

I can't believe i just read all these comments... 24 pages and half the posts have nothing to do with Ayu. Just complaining about popular Korean men and preferences in men. Really? We have a chat-room. T_T;

ANYWAY - I am part of the half that doesn't like the covers, but I rarely like Ayu's covers so oh well. I'm not upset because I'm so used to it.

I just can't wait for "L" because "crossroad" isn't interesting me whatsoever which is a shame considering it's her 49th single.

時々僕は思うんだ
僕達は生まれ変わったら ひとつの命分け合って
生きていくんじゃないかって

Old 28th August 2010, 11:58 PM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I'm the opposite. I probably wouldn't like a "fierce" expression like the Rule/Sparkle covers/CDL 09-10 cover. I prefer her normal eyebrows lol.
i don't have a problem with the cutesy look, but it's so old now. she's been doing it all year with the exception of the latest ViVi. if she mixed her looks up i think there would be alot less complaining.

tumblr

Old 29th August 2010, 12:12 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I want a song like GREEN for L... That or ayu should ask Tak Matsumoto to compose a song for L as an additional epicness!

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Closed Thread

Tags
东方神起, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, blossom pv, crossroad, hamasaki ayumi, jaejoong, jyj, l 3a, l 50th single, qualita, seven days war, thsk, tohoshinki