Ayu: Anything Goes [XXIX] - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th February 2021, 06:53 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigochild View Post
I swear it feels like she's been pregnant FOREVER lol When is she suppose to give birth?
She announced it 5 months ago. Some suggested she's on 4th or 5th month, or was it in the news? So she's about to give birth right now, or somewhere in next 3-4 months
Old 27th February 2021, 10:59 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

You all want to check this article out ^^ It's about avex teaming up with an American company specializing in supporting music entertainment. Details in the text. But the best part is that in the headline Promised Land footage is playing and it's just amazing
LINK
Old 28th February 2021, 02:51 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Blah I have to subscribe to read the full article :-/

It seems interesting though!
I’m not as optimistic about jpop being bigger than kpop but well, it’s nice to see some foreign backing of the Japanese music industry haha.

Give Avex money plz.

Edit: What Japan does have going for it is a strong rock/singer song writer scene, which always come back into style. It’s just a matter of time I suppose haha.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 28th February 2021 at 03:09 AM.
Old 28th February 2021, 03:17 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Somehow it managed to open for me in full. Here you go
Spoiler:

K-pop has become a global sensation, with acts like BTS and Blackpink amassing fans far beyond Asia.

J-pop—which ranges from the electronic synth sounds of YOASOBI to the pop-punk anthems of One OK Rock and catchy rock ballads of LiSA—will be even bigger, AEG Presents is betting.

Anschutz Entertainment Group’s concert promotion giant is teaming up with Japanese entertainment conglomerate Avex Entertainment Inc. to spread J-pop wide and further expand the Asian market for U.S. artists. The two companies have formed a new joint venture, AEGX, to pool resources and local expertise on developing artists, venues, festivals and global touring.

Japan has the second-largest recorded-music market in the world, thanks to avid fans who snap up multiple copies of vinyl and CDs. Yet 90% of revenue in music sales is generated by Japanese artists, according to Avex.

The rise of streaming, however, has broadened musical tastes in Japan and beyond, executives say. J-pop’s share of all plays outside Japan jumped 117% from January 2019 to January 2021, according to Spotify Technology SA .

“Streaming has kicked down the borders of music discovery and acceptance on the world stage,” says AEG Presents Chief Executive Jay Marciano. “It’s made music borderless.”

K-pop acts like BTS and Blackpink—which AEG helped break into the U.S.—provide a blueprint for how non-English-speaking artists can amass global appeal. (BTS had the world’s sixth-highest-grossing tour in 2019 at $170.3 million, according to Pollstar, with the seven-member Korean boy-band notching in between the Rolling Stones and Bon Jovi.) Now Japan is starting to look outward as fans are discovering artists from all over as they come online with streaming.

“For many years Western artists have come to Japan and there have been many successful events with big artists, but not a lot of Japanese-audience artists going out to a global audience and performing really large events around the world,” Avex Chief Executive Katsumi Kuroiwa said in an interview, adding, “we believe now it’s time for these artists to go around the world.”

Started in 1988 as a dance-music label, Avex has grown into the largest entertainment company in Japan, with music, artist and talent management, concerts, events, merchandising, fan clubs, anime, and a music- and video-subscription service. It has championed J-pop stars like One OK Rock, Kumi Koda, Ayumi Hamasaki and Pikotaro, and is betting it can secure more Asian artists’ touring rights in Japan with the new partnership.

Breaking foreign-language artists into the West presents challenges. BTS, the biggest of the K-pop groups, has sold out stadiums stateside, but lacks the radio play typical for big mainstream acts, despite impressive streaming and sales numbers and its avid fan “ARMY.”

AEG’s bet on Japan’s importance to the future of live music comes as all corners of the music industry are scouring the globe for growth. Streaming services are bringing new markets online; labels and publishers are expanding their footprint outside the U.S., signing local artists and songwriters around the world, in a race to maintain market share. Spotify on Monday unveiled plans to launch in 85 new markets across Asia, Africa, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America.

Superstars like Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran have long played in Japan, typically stopping for a show or two in Tokyo and Osaka en route to or from Australia. It’s a market only the biggest acts can afford to visit, but it’s also a wealthy one, with fans willing to spend on concert tickets, says AEG.

AEG’s Mr. Marciano envisions tapping Avex’s local expertise to help U.S. artists big and small build a Japanese base and make the country a 15-city leg for tours. The island nation, smaller than California, could grow from under $50 million in revenue to a $200 million market annually for AEG in the next five years, estimates Mr. Marciano.

Both companies see opportunities to tack their artists onto the other promoter’s tours to attract new fans—an up-and-coming U.S. artist could open for a J-pop group in Japan, and J-pop stars could support a Western artist stateside.

That is in addition to the hundreds of slots on AEG’s 27 festivals across North America and Europe, including the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. In 2019, the last year before the pandemic put the festival on hold, Blackpink performed their first ever full-length show in America there before starting their U.S. tour.

Performing live remains essential to building artists’ careers—and businesses.

“It’s not enough to hear the music, you need to see the artist,” says Mr. Marciano. “That is what turns a fan of a song into a fan of an artist.”

The companies also plan to partner on opening new venues and festivals.

Before Covid-19 struck, the concert industry was on track for its best year ever in 2020. Global revenue from live shows rose to $26.1 billion in 2019 before tumbling to $6.5 billion in 2020, according to Midia Research, an industry data provider. Although the industry will go more than a year without staging any major events, executives, analysts and investors say they expect pent-up demand to make business bigger than ever when concerts resume.

The “when” question is a big one. While some sporting events have hosted limited numbers of fans, relying on broadcast and sponsorship rights to counteract lower ticket sales, concerts don’t make financial sense at partial capacity, live music executives say.

Mr. Kuroiwa, speaking through an interpreter, says he’s hopeful the Summer Olympics, scheduled for July in Tokyo, will restore confidence in live events. The Avex CEO estimates the concert industry in Japan will be back to 50% to 70% of its pre-pandemic business in 2022.

Mr. Marciano said that, while arena concerts remain a further out possibility, he’s hopeful AEG will be able to open its more intimate clubs and theaters—which host hundreds to thousands of fans—in most parts of the world by this fall.
Old 28th February 2021, 03:56 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Oh thanks!

It’s definitely interesting to see how the Japanese music industry is viewed around the world.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 28th February 2021, 04:32 AM
ayu trance Initiate

14 years ago A BEST 2 was released.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 28th February 2021, 11:44 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I just clicked the x and could read the whole article xD

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 28th February 2021, 01:44 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I love that they used Ayu as the example on the article! I hope that jpop does make a comeback in popularity. Jrock is pretty palatable to Western music fans so I think there is a possibility.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 28th February 2021, 10:22 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

i just watched the Paris Hilton documentary and I totally forgot how much of Ayu's extravagant style especially in the mid/late 2000s was modeled after Paris. There were points were I got deja vu to Ayu!
Also I would LOVE Ayu to do one of these kind of documentaries. I know she did the M book to give a more "distant" look into her life and past, but a revealing, "unproduced" down to earth documentary with Ayu being filmed and interviewed would be such a lovely gift for fans and something which the general public could get a better understanding of her. I think she could still do that without filming her kids.
Old 3rd March 2021, 06:04 AM
still alone Initiate

Did one of you guys make this?
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:55 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
This is such an experience! So good!

What I particularly love from her a nation performances is that, because she doesn't get that much time for wardrobe changes, she sometimes mix genres with visuals - rock n' roll (sometimes sexy) outfits for emotional ballads like HANABI, or beautiful long dresses for upbeat songs with dance movements. Visually much more interesting and less cliche than some of her typical arrangements during concert tours IMO
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:15 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I made it I'm really happy if you like it guys ! I put in it all my love and my time but I think it works !
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:43 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

July 1st overdose xD

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 3rd March 2021, 01:06 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.X. View Post
I made it I'm really happy if you like it guys ! I put in it all my love and my time but I think it works !
All of your videos on Youtube are pure bliss, thank you for all the hard work! I can't tell you how many times I've played the BEST LIVE Collection
Old 3rd March 2021, 01:40 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

That video came up in my recommendations today! It's very well done

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 3rd March 2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Lawi! View Post
All of your videos on Youtube are pure bliss, thank you for all the hard work! I can't tell you how many times I've played the BEST LIVE Collection
Thx you. I'm really happy you enjoy my videos. This is just simple fan-made but I tried to do my best. Really happy. The best collection had so much success, thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
That video came up in my recommendations today! It's very well done
Thank you ^^ ! I loveeeed to make the opening with all effects.

Did you recognize the opening song?
Old 3rd March 2021, 10:03 PM
SCAR Initiate

Got your video as a recommondation today as well, loved it ! Great work as always
(subscribing to your channel)

Quote:
Did you recognize the opening song?
CDL 05-06 opening ^^ Nice choice by the way

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:39 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Thx you. I'm really happy you enjoy my videos. This is just simple fan-made but I tried to do my best.
Thanks for them! I've been enjoying them a lot and voting in your surveys The a-nation intro was really cool!

Last edited by maxikot; 3rd March 2021 at 11:41 PM.
Old 4th March 2021, 03:52 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
This was great! It also came up on my recommended the other day and I just had a little party all by myself with it. Thank you so much!
It looks like I've jammed out to your other compilations without realizing they all came from one person.

Keep it up!
Old 4th March 2021, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora-kara View Post
I just had a little party all by myself with it.

Keep it up!
Me too, I was so nervous during the premiere but there was so many viewers, I was actually really happy and it was a-nation party at home :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Thanks for them! I've been enjoying them a lot and voting in your surveys The a-nation intro was really cool!
Oh really? That's cool ! The a-nation intro is the thing in this video, I'm the most proud actually ! Love the atmosphere. I tried some effects for the first time & I wasn't sure about it.

Guys thx you for all your kind comments and thx to this forum because some videos come from here like A Song for XX (From a-nation '10) or Talkin 2 myself (from a nation'07).

Last edited by M.A.X.; 4th March 2021 at 11:45 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
anything goes