Thoughts on PCDL '08-'09 - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 4th January 2009, 02:15 PM
Banned

^

It's supposed to be Watashi ni. If peco did sing Watashi wa (which I don't hear at all..), then it's Peco's mistake and not an indication of live vocals.
Old 4th January 2009, 02:19 PM
count down Initiate

^ Well, that point was supposed to be 'watashi wa', cos right after that line, it's the end part of the chorus! Maybe my ears had a problem, but I definitely heard Peco singing 'watashi wa' (which is correct at that point of the song) and Ayu singing 'watashi ni' (a mistake).

Also, I've watched Over... and it's another weird mystery. "It's Over" is definitely iffy cos the audio came out before the mic was even near her mouth... but after that when the circle stage moves down, you can see that it was very jerky, and her arms were flabbing. At that moment, the 'ta' that she was singing was heavily accented/attacked, clearly showing that her vocals were affected by the jerking motion of the stage... meaning it's most likely live.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 4th January 2009, 02:56 PM
Dolls Initiate

I didn't saw the full show until now... only some parts on Youtube (My Computer is very slow.. so I need a lot of time to download the full show).
But.. what I saw until now.. was realls greate. I really like, that she sung songs, she never performed befor, or seldom.
What I don't like, was the lip-sync. In Angels Song, you can see it clearly.
So.. can't wait to see the full show.
Old 4th January 2009, 03:25 PM
Banned

^

Oh, Watashi wa mabataki sae mo oshimu no?

*checks again*

Um she sings watashi wa, not watashi ni. o.O

BTW, Over seems to have an ayu back track, which would be the track that sung It's Over when her mic wasn't near her mouth. (I mean obviously there's a back track at that point, but I can also hear it in the chorus after that, PLUS her live voice, which means it's not lip sync..).
Old 4th January 2009, 03:27 PM
count down Initiate

^ Okay I guess my ears were clogged or something at that time... Hmm lol.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 4th January 2009, 04:12 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post
Ayu = rehash w/ a few new stuff. When you're fan of Ayu you're fan of recycling. xD
Recycling is good for the planet!!!
ahahaha

I really loved this concert..
Yeah there was a bad sync issue in Evolution~
But you have to expect it from encoded videos~~
They just wanna get it out the fastest.

Anyways~ I am really happy about this concert!!! TwT

Sorry if I offended any one earlier~
I just got soo frustrated about people calling her fake or tricking people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I won't call you blind or stupid. But the definition of a fan is not to always support no matter what and ignore any areas for improvement. Maybe that's what your definition is though. And it is not slandering at all, since the word slander implies that what is being said is a lie. To say that Ayu has a bunch of STDs (as one rumor says), THAT is slander. To say that she has lip synched occasionally in the past and did so again in this concert, is not slander.
I didn't say you slander her~
Saying she lipsynced is not slandering.
Saying she is fake, just pretending and trying so hard to trick people is slander.
Which is what that guy said.
Of course I can say "her voice was bad in that one" or "she should not wear that costume", or "she lipsynced that one" and thats not slander... ahahaha
But yeah, saying what he said really is offensive. =[
And seemed so 2channel.

But I think we are all realizing that downloaded videos can never exactly prove that she is lipsyncing except if she says the wrong lyrics.

Of course some parts of ANGEL'S SONG is lipsynced, but I think some is live too.
Like the last part, she sounded a little different than the rest of the song, kind of out of breath~

But anyways~ of course I know she lipsynced at least one or two songs..
It was not possible for her to sound well if she didn't~

But that discussions is over now~~~ ^^);
Let's just talk about the qualities of the concert.
It's really weird, but I love the costume in vogue and HONEY,
And also the Real me one, and GREEN!!
Actually, I wish she kept the kimono on for will~ T_T
ahaha it looked weird with the party dress.
Did you notice Peco and Princess also had kimonos on!! they were beautiful.
Imagine how much they costed... @_@

I love how high she goes in End of the World.
You can see her jamming the monitor in the ear at the end of the chorus to hear herself.. ahaha it was funny.
... or was that in Heartplace?
Or both?

Heartplace sounded weird to me... the chorus... like... I had this idea of the melody, and it was completely different... ahaha.
I cant explain it.. but I was shock!!!

POWDER SNOW performance was okay..
I find myself listening to A Song For XX album now nonstop.. ahaha
Before I really didnt like it.
Thats the power of her lives!!!

I really love Mirrorcle World performance without the boat.. ahaha
And the silver and not gold!!!

Last edited by maikaru; 4th January 2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 4th January 2009, 04:55 PM
Don't look back Initiate

^yea the ending part...she sounded NORMAL lol..not perfect but her normal voice...I could hear the...u noe, not so perfect Ayu vocals.

That messup was such a pity. very jarring when i saw it. lol..sadly

I picked a few to watch. GREEN was quite spooky when the green light came on. Ayu + Maro was super nice to watch. Plz make Maro the next ONE.

POWDER SNOW was lovely!!!!!

I loved the choreo in In the Corner, it's so great to see Ayu dancing again. The outfit was smart and Ayu did the dance very well.

yea...Thats all. I'll be waiting for the DVD to see more. usually CDLs take 3-4 months to edit. so I'm fine. As long as Rule/Sparkle comes out soon
(last year's wan tok longer probably because of AT07's longer edit)
Old 4th January 2009, 05:19 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Even if she did what she did I loved it.

These are the songs that made me love her and hearing them with her new voice is love.

PS: I love her studded bandage/glove thing on her hand.

Last edited by Melting_Holidays; 4th January 2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 4th January 2009, 05:22 PM
Far away Initiate

I haven't watch all the performance, but by judging on the screencaps, it's really amazing... The outfits are glamourous, sexy and CUTTTE!!! haha
Old 4th January 2009, 05:48 PM
glitter Initiate

I'm watching the concert right now, and wow, Ayu's vocals are good!

There's never a day that I have to remember you because I never for a moment forgot you.
My LJ x Hitomi Shimatani @ LJ x Yuna Ito @ LJ x ayaka @ LJ x misono @ LJ
Old 4th January 2009, 05:55 PM
Naturally Initiate

...this is going to make me sound like a bad person...but...

In Hope or Pain when Shuya ran across the stage, am I the only one who was waiting for him to trip?

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Old 4th January 2009, 06:11 PM
TO BE Initiate

What I liked about the concert:
1. The setlist - I was happy to hear songs like Honey, And then and Naturally performed.
2. Her energy - she seemed really into the whole show.
3. The white dress she wore during the Powder Snow and Scar performances - gorgeous!

What I disliked:
1. The lip-syncing - come on, let's accept it, she lip synced here. The Angel Song example has been pimped to death, and I think she looked really sheepish during evolution when the voiceover goes "Yo-chan" but she forgets to lip it.
2. The multi-coloured leopard print outfit - needs to be ripped and burnt. Now.
3. I wish she had played some songs that I REALLY love, like girlish and monochrome.

My 2 cents worth on the lip-syncing issue:

Was she lip-syncing? Yes she was. I don't think we can attribute the mistakes she made in Angel Song, Over and evolution to video syncing issues. She clearly mouths the wrong words and forgets to lip parts that were played etc.

Why lip-syncing is an issue? My enjoyment of a live performance is affected majorly on how much I believe that the performance, is, well, live. If she's going to just mouth to a pre-recorded track and HAVE US BELIEVE THAT SHE IS SINGING IT LIVE, I'd feel cheated, as a fan, who has defended her on numerous occasions of her musical integrity. I don't go into every live show trying to spot mistakes, but I think we can all agree that these errors were far too obvious to be missed, and once I have reason to question that she is singing live, my appreciation of the show is compromised, because I don't know for sure if she is singing live for the rest of the show.

Is it understandable that she is lip-syncing? Yes! Absolutely! She is ill, she just recovered from a surgery, it's a long show. It's completely understandable that she'd need to lip sync to put up a show that is presentable to her fans. But this still does not take away the fact that she lip synced, and this undermines her integrity as an artist.

Am I still a fan of hers? Absolutely. I am a raging, rabid fanboy of hers, lip-syncing or not. I do wish she wouldn't do it anymore, but even if she does, I'm gonna continue to buy her records as long as she keeps putting out these great songs, and continue to watch her shows. She has an X-factor that transcends all her vocal shortcomings, and so I am hooked and will keep coming back for more.
Old 4th January 2009, 06:16 PM
Don't look back Initiate

^well SunShine already explained that there was SYNC probs...so I think the evolution and Over wan was? I dunno...
and LOL wot? sing songs you REALLY Love...hmmm ok

anyway I just watched 3 more.

SIGNAL~Hana~too late: LOVED THIS LIVE SO MUCH...she seems so bright and lively. Her hair was nice.

SCAR: amazing to here this live for the first time. And what better time to do it - when her vocals have matured. I really thought she might cry in this song because of the lyrics...but I think she concentrated too much on the walking and remembering lyrics...(WHAT'S WITH THE WALKK...).. But this was just really nice

MW: seems very empty hahaha. Good vocals as usual after so long. But without the ship, it seems so BLUE...Even a giant gown would make it more intersting..but gosh I LOVE the silver outfit...very sparkly and Smart...(Sparkle)
Old 4th January 2009, 06:24 PM
Naturally Initiate

^it seems like the only song with confirmed (aka obvious) lipsyncing is Angel's song I believe. Which I have to say apart from mouthing the wrong lyrics, the vocals in that song just sounds...different from rest of the track. Over it's suspicious, but it's unclear whether it's that line or it's like Happy Ending of AT05-06 where the most part of the song was live and one part is lip-synced or it's a backtrack where she's not suppose to sing.

Evolution...the Yo-chan part is weird, because it was dark. Granted, I don't think I watched enough Evolution lives compare, but I remember reading somewhere that when people suspect evolution is lip-synced, it normally is because it sounds extremely similar to her past evolution lives...

And is it me or do I hear a backtrack in evolution?

Granted, I think she needs to consider using a stronger backtrack, so that it gives her a chance to catch up her breath without losing the song. And also I think she sounds better with her own backtrack, because I feel in part of the concert Peco's voice is a little overwhelming (like at the end of Surreal, where I'm straining to hear Ayu)

Also when Ayu's introducing her dancers, Shuya and Zin seems to get the bigger reception and a few fangirlish screams...that just made me LOL.

And I just have to say, the leopard multi-coloring outfit isn't that bad. At least the hoodie was actually pretty cute. But I felt like she could have wore it with dark pants or jeans and it would look okay, but the bottom she wore with it made her look like a middle-age jogger who wants to recapture her youth...

lj icon-journal

Last edited by Kikaru; 4th January 2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 4th January 2009, 06:43 PM
Secret Initiate

[QUOTE=freedreamer;1768089]SIGNAL~Hana~too late: LOVED THIS LIVE SO MUCH...she seems so bright and lively. Her hair was nice.[QUOTE]

I did not watch this performance, but I listened to the MP3 rip of it

and let me say this
SIGNAL was really good
Hana was excellent
but Ayumi DESTROYED too late, her vocals were so bad on this song, she had that REALLY bad cute voice I don't like

Just my 2 cents on how badly she destroyed that medley at the end.
Old 4th January 2009, 06:46 PM
End of the World Initiate

To the post about evolution

It's actually really impossible for her to lipsync this evolution.
There is too many 'come ons', 'thank you's', and "woo!" and "mottos" to actually lipsync, because I dont think its easy to remember when and how you said things in the track.
she used a backing track, which is noticable during the second chorus of evolution, where she does the really high "yeah" and she says "motto,"
But you can still hear the really high one too~
I cant actually believe people think it's a lipsync.. ahaha.
Especially "Yo~chan" part.
She couldnt possibly remember exactly how she was gonna say it.. and there's really no point to lipsync "yo~chan" ahahaha.
It's video sync issues~~~
Everything after the Yo-chan part is out of sync, even the "wow yeah" punches.
Old 4th January 2009, 06:59 PM
Real me Initiate

^I have to agree with you, and if I remember correctly Ayu sounded very out of breath while singing Evolution.

But hey, think of it this way. Ayu may be bad at lipsyncing, but that's because she hasn't had much practice at it which is a GOOD thing.

tumblr

Old 4th January 2009, 07:06 PM
Naturally Initiate

^I think we should send Ayu to miming 101: how to not mess up when lip-syncing...

I still have problem getting the encore, but overall I love the concert. Few suspicion of lip-syncing aside (tbh it doesn't really bother me that much if she did) but overall the vocals were pretty good. My personal favorites are end of the World, Powdered Snow, and Will.

The only thing that I really didn't like was that pink fairy costume, which looked like something you get at the discount costume store.

And I realize I spend a good deal of time spotting the various way they try to cover up her injury.

Although I feel like telling Shuya to get a new hairstyle. At one shot it looks like something blond and furry died on his head...

lj icon-journal

Old 4th January 2009, 07:09 PM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaru View Post
^I think we should send Ayu to miming 101: how to not mess up when lip-syncing...

I still have problem getting the encore, but overall I love the concert. Few suspicion of lip-syncing aside (tbh it doesn't really bother me that much if she did) but overall the vocals were pretty good. My personal favorites are end of the World, Powdered Snow, and Will.

The only thing that I really didn't like was that pink fairy costume, which looked like something you get at the discount costume store.

And I realize I spend a good deal of time spotting the various way they try to cover up her injury.

Although I feel like telling Shuya to get a new hairstyle. At one shot it looks like something blond and furry died on his head...

I don't mind her being bad at lipsyncing, it just shows that she hasn't done it enough to be good at it.

tumblr

Old 4th January 2009, 07:31 PM
I am... Initiate

If everyone is still worried about the lip-syncing thing I suggest you take the CDL file, put it in some video editor and then move the sound about a millisecond back and you'll see that it syncs up correctly. Apart from the ANGEL'S SONG bit in which there is no way anyone can explain away that lol

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Tags
08-09, pcdl, premature, thoughts