Thoughts on PCDL '08-'09 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:30 PM
tenshi no hane's Avatar
tenshi no hane tenshi no hane is offline
neverending dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,176
Still haven't seen it, but she sounds great! ^-^ I'm loving POWDER SNOW, especially the ending ~yuki yamu made~.

Personally I think it's all live, remember how upset she was when during Asia Tour 2007 some famous Chinese guy claimed she was lipsyncing? Ayu works hard to try reach perfection, so I doubt she would 'cheat' in such a way. (Though I can understand faking one or two songs with such a long setlist and an injury.)
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:33 PM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover View Post
^well, i'm still fan of Ayu, ut I'm disappointed in this show, but I have to admit that because it's really long and problems with Ayu's hand they recorded lipsynch to more songs than planned
I don't know what her hand would have to do with her singing though. If anything, you would cut down more of the dancing, not the singing right? Plus I think thats a really short amount of time to have rerecorded those songs after the surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
Still haven't seen it, but she sounds great! ^-^ I'm loving POWDER SNOW, especially the ending ~yuki yamu made~.

Personally I think it's all live, remember how upset she was when during Asia Tour 2007 some famous Chinese guy claimed she was lipsyncing? Ayu works hard to try reach perfection, so I doubt she would 'cheat' in such a way. (Though I can understand faking one or two songs with such a long setlist and an injury.)
Watch it first. Also, not saying that she did lip synch asia tour 2007 but it has been proven that she lip synched in the past and most likely lip synched at least Evolution at AT 07.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd January 2009 at 12:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:48 PM
yamogi's Avatar
yamogi yamogi is offline
End roll Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: At the forbidden place where I am waiting to fly away
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I don't know what her hand would have to do with her singing though. If anything, you would cut down more of the dancing, not the singing right? Plus I think thats a really short amount of time to have rerecorded those songs after the surgery.



Watch it first. Also, not saying that she did lip synch asia tour 2007 but it has been proven that she lip synched in the past and most likely lip synched at least Evolution at AT 07.
Evolution is not lip synced...No one has proved that....
__________________

Despite Its Brightness

It Is A Gloomy Sky...

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:58 PM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamogi View Post
Evolution is not lip synced...No one has proved that....
Check the enquiries section. It is most likely. But that wasn't the proven instance I was speaking of anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 3rd January 2009, 01:05 PM
maikaru's Avatar
maikaru maikaru is offline
End of the World Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tachikawa
Posts: 1,487
I actually find it really sick when someone says...
"She's too good, it's suspicious."
We have to continuously break down these concerts on this forum, and go through which one is lipsync, and not.
In reality, if you are questioning your fandom, you probably weren't a fan in the first place, always investigating if she lipsyncs or not.
I thought fans were supposed to support the artist, and not always look for faults??????
The fact is that you really cannot prove that she lipsynced anything, unless there's a big mistake in lyrics.
They fact she makes facial expressions is your only proof is quite sad, and really, it always brings down the mood of a thread.
Also saying that she would go to "great lengths" to fool everybody,
Like pretending to struggle through songs is also quite sad.. it's also hurting to many fans, because it's saying "she's not honest."
If you have those opinions, I think it's preferred you to make another thread dedicated to lipsyncing, or investigating it, because now, the only thing we will talk about is lipsyncing.
It always happens.
All of a sudden SunshineSlayer mentions and how she lipsynced songs in AT 2007 there, which has nothing to do with countdown live 2008 - 2009.
And then people bring proof, and defend, and attack, and it just gets tired.
Honestly, if you dont wanna to be a fan anymore, go ahead.
I find it also funny that Japanese fans never talk about this in the mixi groups, and I just wonder why its not the same here.

I really honestly think maybe she lipsynced one or two high energy songs, but other than that, there are many moments in each song which are out of tune.
Also in a few songs, you can hear a change in volume with her moving her mic and stuff.
But I will not argue about it, because obviously, the people who continuously talk about her lipsyncing will not change their minds.
So I wish we could ban the talking of lipsyncing, and only allow it in a lipsync thread... I really wish that.

I really loved this countdown, the spectacle was so nice, I only could watch about half of it right now,
My friend is downloading it, and letting me watch it as it goes~ (I am at her house~)
I have no idea about these downloading programs! ahaha.

Her vocals are not perfect, but a change from last year!
And again, I really really love Maro's dance with her~~~ I wanna see it again and again LOL
I really, really love And Then!! I wish she sang the whole song...
And I really... cant stand Heartplace in the first place. ahaha.
So I dont care about that performance, but it was good.

But I loved Mirrorcle World mp3, so I can't wait until the performance is able to be seen.
I also didnt hear the encore yet, so of course I wanna to hear that one.
And Surreal! I was surprised that she could step up the vocals this year. haha

Overall, it was a really good performance. So spots here and there, but when it's 3 and half hour performance~ you can forgive a lot ahahhaa
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 3rd January 2009, 01:16 PM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
I actually find it really sick when someone says...
"She's too good, it's suspicious."
That's totally not the reason. It may be PART of it, but the main reason as several people have stated (including people who don't usually suspect Ayu of lip synching) is that her lip movements are off/unnatural/just plain weird in several of the songs. And there is no deny that at least Angel's Song was lip synched - it is totally proven if you've seen it. The same thing with that part of Over.

Seriously, the mismatched lip movements happen a lot, thats why I'm hoping its just the file. If it turns out that Ayu really did sing this good in most of the songs, I'll jump for joy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
In reality, if you are questioning your fandom, you probably weren't a fan in the first place, always investigating if she lipsyncs or not.
That is complete and total BS. If I'm not a "fan" I certainly wouldn't have gone to Japan several times just to see her in concert (6 times now). And I don't see how investigating her lipsynching means that you are questioning your fandom as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
All of a sudden SunshineSlayer mentions and how she lipsynced songs in AT 2007 there, which has nothing to do with countdown live 2008 - 2009.
lol, completely ignore the fact that I was replying to someone else that brought it up.

People should actually watch the concert first and then realize why we are talking about this. As I've said, I have seen every Ayu live and NONE have jumped out in terms of lip synching as much as this one, not even close. If it had been one or two high energy songs like you say, then that would be fine - expected actually. But this is way more than that.

edit: actually its 7 times now...I'm losing track of things in my old age. And going back again in Feb. woo-hoo!

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd January 2009 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 3rd January 2009, 01:17 PM
ihulk2's Avatar
ihulk2 ihulk2 is offline
Two of us Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 237
Ayu's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I don't know what her hand would have to do with her singing though. If anything, you would cut down more of the dancing, not the singing right? Plus I think thats a really short amount of time to have rerecorded those songs after the surgery.


Watch it first. Also, not saying that she did lip synch asia tour 2007 but it has been proven that she lip synched in the past and most likely lip synched at least Evolution at AT 07.
Well, if she's in pain, even if she's dancing less than usual, surely its possible her singing might be affected ? Give her a break, she was brave enough to go ahead and do the show so as not to disappoint the fans, surely that deserves our support, if nothing else ? Criticize constructively, but also remember Ayu is human, and not some machine. Cutting down one part does not balance up or have no effect on another.

So let's say you're correct, she lip synched on numerous occasions although she denies doing so. I give her the benefit of the doubt.
She may have lip-synced at AT07, ok, there's no smoke without fire. But I also believe that we do not know the full story behind all this lip synching, but I CHOOSE to believe in Ayu, knowing how much lip synching amounts to a betrayal, to simply cheating her fans.

Last edited by ihulk2; 3rd January 2009 at 02:38 PM. Reason: First part of reply was in between quotes.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 3rd January 2009, 01:58 PM
thangkhung91's Avatar
thangkhung91 thangkhung91 is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 150
If so, if she lip-synched A LOT this CDL, why didn't she do so last year, then? Why lipsynch evo at AT07, butcher Surreal at CDL 07-08, lipsynch Marionette and (d)Lma at AT08 (suggestions) and suddenly lipsynch CDL 08-09? It doesn't really make any sense to me...

IF she would have lip-synched she should have done it last year, but judging from what we heard back then she didn't.

Her vocals weren't the best last year and she didn't lyp-synch. Why wouls she do so this year. The day someone can answer that question I'll promise to eat my foot!
__________________
ASIA IS ONE!!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 3rd January 2009, 03:16 PM
Melrose's Avatar
Melrose Melrose is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,286
WHY IS THERE NO SNOW FALLING DURING POWDER SNOW WTF

And why do we see Shuya 3/4th of the time during HOPE or PAIN?!!!

BTW at ~8:34, GREEN, her mouth doesn't match the words.

Last edited by Melrose; 3rd January 2009 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 3rd January 2009, 03:36 PM
ihulk2's Avatar
ihulk2 ihulk2 is offline
Two of us Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 237
Lip Synch Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangkhung91 View Post
If so, if she lip-synched A LOT this CDL, why didn't she do so last year, then? Why lipsynch evo at AT07, butcher Surreal at CDL 07-08, lipsynch Marionette and (d)Lma at AT08 (suggestions) and suddenly lipsynch CDL 08-09? It doesn't really make any sense to me...

IF she would have lip-synched she should have done it last year, but judging from what we heard back then she didn't.

Her vocals weren't the best last year and she didn't lyp-synch. Why wouls she do so this year. The day someone can answer that question I'll promise to eat my foot!
To defend Ayu from lip synching now by questioning why if she didn't do so before when she could have, will not be convincing enough. Interesting, no doubt but inconclusive at best.

Put it this way, if Ayu were to read all this, how would she feel ?

Less than 48 hours after she put heart and soul out there for her fans, promising she and her team will shine brighter than before.

Did she manage to keep her promise ?

Surely her fans will understand and rally round her ?
She knows its impossible to please every fan, but surely if she gave it her best shot, they, of all people, would know and appreciate the effort ?

So, wouldn't they forgive any faults during the show because she was carrying an injury but still doing her damnest to put on a show for them ?

Or will she be disappointed and feel she has not done enough and let her legions of fans down ?

What say you ...
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 3rd January 2009, 03:57 PM
Melrose's Avatar
Melrose Melrose is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamogi View Post
Evolution is not lip synced...No one has proved that....
Actually, I did, but then everyone ignored the subject after that~

BTW the ANGEL'S SONG bridge IS live, but the song itself is lip sync lol.

Last edited by Melrose; 3rd January 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 3rd January 2009, 04:15 PM
freedreamer's Avatar
freedreamer freedreamer is offline
Don't look back Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 18,082
Fine...then let's just assumes she lipped the whole concert ok? and well, we no longer need proof that she doesnt lipsynch so all of your points are valid.

wheeeeeee~~~

its already NOT the first time this has been discussed. Are you saying that whenever there is a NEW concert, your mission to spot OFF-LIPs, open your ears to hear for OVERLY PERFECT parts, and everything else is gonna start again? Coz I think that's very pointless coz I don't know what you are trying to achieve in this.



(anyway, what is wrong with AHS?... I have been getting this message for like 3-4 days already "AHS is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.")
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 3rd January 2009, 06:35 PM
Ayumi_lover's Avatar
Ayumi_lover Ayumi_lover is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,072
^no, she lyp-synched 5-7 songs. Trauma is live 100% because on 30th she forgot words by report and on 31st she didn't, EndOfTheWorld also live because she doesb't pronounce clear etc. only 5-7 songs maximum is lipsych to make her voice rest, and what about Over i think she wasn't supposed to sing that line.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 3rd January 2009, 06:39 PM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by thangkhung91 View Post
If so, if she lip-synched A LOT this CDL, why didn't she do so last year, then? Why lipsynch evo at AT07, butcher Surreal at CDL 07-08, lipsynch Marionette and (d)Lma at AT08 (suggestions) and suddenly lipsynch CDL 08-09? It doesn't really make any sense to me...

IF she would have lip-synched she should have done it last year, but judging from what we heard back then she didn't.

Her vocals weren't the best last year and she didn't lyp-synch. Why wouls she do so this year. The day someone can answer that question I'll promise to eat my foot!
You pretty much answered your own question. The reasons she would be doing it now is that her vocals haven't exactly been great the last year have they? There are already two confirmed parts of the concert lip synched and there are several songs, that if you have seen it, there are definitely problems with her lip movements - so unless someone can prove that there is another reason for that, how can one not think that those might be lip synched as well? Please, please prove us wrong. (seriously, I want to be proved wrong. ^_^) I can't say 100% for sure that all those songs are lipped of course, just that there is something highly strange about many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Fine...then let's just assumes she lipped the whole concert ok? and well, we no longer need proof that she doesnt lipsynch so all of your points are valid.

wheeeeeee~~~

its already NOT the first time this has been discussed. Are you saying that whenever there is a NEW concert, your mission to spot OFF-LIPs, open your ears to hear for OVERLY PERFECT parts, and everything else is gonna start again? Coz I think that's very pointless coz I don't know what you are trying to achieve in this.



(anyway, what is wrong with AHS?... I have been getting this message for like 3-4 days already "AHS is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.")
Way to blow things out of proportion. This IS the first time this is being discussed for this concert and the only other concert I brought this up in was A-Nation 08 and after AT08 I said that I thought DLMA and Marrionette were lip synched (after seeing it live myself). And right now, I'm only replying to everyone that either a) specifically asked my opinion or b) are seemingly trying to provoke me.
Of course there are good things about the concert as well and I will give a thorough review once I've had the time to take it all in but you can't ignore a major negative either and at least some of us would like to find out whether it is true or not beyond the two confirmed incidents. Why wouldn't you want to find out?
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 3rd January 2009, 06:56 PM
Coelacanth Coelacanth is offline
GAME Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nyc
Posts: 5,840
Please, let's not make this into a discussion of what defines a supportive fan. Even if this turns out to be true I still plan on seeing her live someday, mainly because the woman continually makes damn good music and I love her for it. Otherwise, I'm falling less and less in love with the direction she's heading.. She seemingly spends more of her time rehearsing for concerts nowadays than actually recording music, and for what? to lip-synch half of an entire show? Seriously though, if you're going to lip-synch that much you mine as well use the original recording. I mean yeah, she made an effort alright.. to trick her fans into believing that she's actually singing. And now I better shut up before I say something I might regret later.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:07 PM
NintendoHTF1242's Avatar
NintendoHTF1242 NintendoHTF1242 is offline
Secret Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Heartplace
Posts: 11,101
Well, I listened to the MP3 of the whole concert

I really disliked her vocals on a lot of songs :/ (the SIGNAL ~ Hana ~ too late medley was so good until she made those disgusting vocals on too late)

and one thing the ruined a lot of the songs were her back-up vocalists. Peco and Princess
They just, omg they ruined it so much XD (I HATED them in the vogue performance ugh)
__________________
Tumblr
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:52 PM
maikaru's Avatar
maikaru maikaru is offline
End of the World Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tachikawa
Posts: 1,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Please, let's not make this into a discussion of what defines a supportive fan. Even if this turns out to be true I still plan on seeing her live someday, mainly because the woman continually makes damn good music and I love her for it. Otherwise, I'm falling less and less in love with the direction she's heading..She seemingly spends more of her time rehearsing for concerts nowadays than actually recording music, and for what? to lip-synch half of an entire show? Seriously though, if you're going to lip-synch that much you mine as well use the original recording. I mean yeah, she made an effort alright.. to trick her fans into believing that she's actually singing. And now I better shut up before I say something I might regret later.
I agree with the previous poster, lets just all agree this is lipsync, and therefore no need for argument.
Honestly, I dont really care if you plan to continue to go to her concerts, just slander her like this is really bad.
Talking in the mixi groups, no one would ever think to say these things.. "she's just pretending" "what is she doing?" "she is tricking us"
Because those are really slander things... it sounds like 2 channel.
I'm sorry if no one else agree, but that's not really right to say, especially when other people around really supports her.
If you have those opinions, isn't it better to keep it to yourself in a forum which supposed to support her?
Isn't it also hurtful to the fans that support her? I must be wrong, or I must be the only person who says that.

She could have cancelled everything, and not do this, but she wanted to celebrate with everyone.
I find it really sad and betraying for her if she put all this work into the Countdown, just for people to say "it's a fake."
She worked through things that any normal humans would run away from, and could still perform a great concert.
She said herself that she tells no lies, there are no lies in her music, or anything she does, so obviously, she doesn't "trick" people.
Isn't that enough to believe that this is a real concert, where maybe only 1 or 2 songs or lipsynced?
Honestly, it always feels like people are trying so hard to find ways to criticise her...
It's really sickening.
It's like you are saying "she's a fake, and she doesn't mean anything she says. All she does is make good music."
Unless I did not interpret what you said correctly. If I did, please correct me.

She has bad vocals, and she is untalented.
She has good vocals, and all of a sudden, she's a fake.

There is no winning.

You can tell to me how blind or how stupid I am all you want,
The fact is that what you are saying is hurtful.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:00 PM
Ayumi_lover's Avatar
Ayumi_lover Ayumi_lover is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,072
^YOU ARE MY HERO!!
well yeah, she used lyp-synch beause of PHYSICAL LIMITS, to save hr voice to sing Das&for my dear live. From all concrt only 5-7 songs as for me lip-synch but i'm sure only for 2-3. And she did such a big concert in a month. She was sincere there. So yeah, IT'S VERY GOOD CONCERT!!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:05 PM
GRACE's Avatar
GRACE GRACE is online now
winding road Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: US of A, New England is love~
Posts: 7,468
At least she's not like most singers who just lips their studio recordings, Ayu generally tries to record a live-sounding version to lipsynch too. I'd bet money that the reason is a long set list combined with her injury and the amount of pain meds she must have been on =/

I really like how she sounds, I can't wait to watch it
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 3rd January 2009, 08:23 PM
SheFliesHigher's Avatar
SheFliesHigher SheFliesHigher is offline
BEST Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MA, USA
Posts: 1,706
I just started watching it and my first comment is: you can actually see Ayu's tattoo!

Also, the dragons looked like muppets. Haha.
__________________
"One runs the risk of weeping a little, when one lets himself be tamed."
-Antoine de Saint Exupery, The Little Prince
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
08-09, pcdl, premature, thoughts

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.