[Charts & Rankings] ORICON 2009 Mid-year Ranking - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 25th June 2009, 08:45 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
OMG go you at what you said about HYD HAHAHAHA

& they're going to be releasing (FINALLY OMG *____*) their best album on 19th Aug , titled All the BEST ! 1999 ~ 2009 - http://aishitsuzukeru.livejournal.com/29504.html

eeee I can't wait for it & I'm definitely going to buy the 1st press limited edition <3
Yay! I'm hearing it from you for the first time. I was expecting them to do that in November on their actual anniversary but maybe that will be when a new original album comes out. It will be interesting to see if the Best album manages to do better than most Johnny's albums do. I'm guessing yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
& I was just listening to truth (which's no doubt the single of 2008 , be it sales or song) non stop yesterday & ta dah
Yeah, that is one of the few times where I actually think that the #1 single of the year sales wise was actually the best single of the year - musically and lyrically that song is indeed pretty awesome.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 25th June 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 25th June 2009, 09:49 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Not that bad, but something will get bumped.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 25th June 2009, 10:41 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

What I don't understand about Arashi is how their album sales are considerably low when their singles sell so much. Their last album, according to Wikipedia (THE most reliable source, lol) sold less than 400K.

Cause, you know, album sales are almost always a lot lot more than single sales.

EDIT: Last album sold 319,447 copies.
de tu puņo y letra

Last edited by ストロボ・EdGE; 25th June 2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 25th June 2009, 11:45 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
What I don't understand about Arashi is how their album sales are considerably low when their singles sell so much. Their last album, according to Wikipedia (THE most reliable source, lol) sold less than 400K.

Cause, you know, album sales are almost always a lot lot more than single sales.

EDIT: Last album sold 319,447 copies.
In general all Johnny's groups sell more in singles than they do albums. Although there are certainly plenty of other artists on the jpop scene whose albums don't do great compared to their singles either. I think this Best album though will easily pass the 500k mark.

The reason for the lower album sales for Johnnys? I think its because traditionally, even going back to the 80s, in general the album tracks have been very weak compared to the singles and so casual fans learned a long time ago that it was much more cost effective to buy the singles and/or bests rather than the albums. Although i would say that at least in Arashi's case, their album tracks have been quite good over the last couple of albums - but still the stigma of bad Johnny's albums remains and it'll be hard to get rid of. SMAP has also put out a few good albums here and there. In general though, I agree that most Johnny's albums aren't worth buying unless you just want the singles.
Old 26th June 2009, 12:00 AM
Dolls Initiate

I have a feeling arashi's best album will sell a lot...not sure if it will be yearly #1 but it should be one of the top albums.
Old 26th June 2009, 12:35 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Yay! I'm hearing it from you for the first time. I was expecting them to do that in November on their actual anniversary but maybe that will be when a new original album comes out. It will be interesting to see if the Best album manages to do better than most Johnny's albums do. I'm guessing yes.
well they're going to start touring real soon

so I guess it's quite fitting to drop All the BEST ! next month even though finance wise , it's so not doing good for me since Everything will be released next Wed

oh the power of being a fangirl xD

Quote:
Yeah, that is one of the few times where I actually think that the #1 single of the year sales wise was actually the best single of the year - musically and lyrically that song is indeed pretty awesome.
indeed indeed

everyone in the ARASHI fandom was so shocked at the time when truth was released because it sounded like nothing on what they have done before

& the fact that it was used in leader Ohno Satoshi's very 1st drama Maou & the type of role he played is a sharp contrast to his real life self (this's a guy who will turn 29 this year & his mum still buys his clothes & shoes LOL xD xD xD) , that's even saying something more

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
In general all Johnny's groups sell more in singles than they do albums. Although there are certainly plenty of other artists on the jpop scene whose albums don't do great compared to their singles either. I think this Best album though will easily pass the 500k mark.

The reason for the lower album sales for Johnnys? I think its because traditionally, even going back to the 80s, in general the album tracks have been very weak compared to the singles and so casual fans learned a long time ago that it was much more cost effective to buy the singles and/or bests rather than the albums. Although i would say that at least in Arashi's case, their album tracks have been quite good over the last couple of albums - but still the stigma of bad Johnny's albums remains and it'll be hard to get rid of. SMAP has also put out a few good albums here and there. In general though, I agree that most Johnny's albums aren't worth buying unless you just want the singles.
true & also the fangirls like myself are real poor . Like a single cost about 1,000 yen & you compare it against an album which's 3-4,000 yen , naturally the fangirls will rather buy 3-4 editions of the same single (just like me haha )

it always has been the norm for Johnny's albums to sell lower than its singles counterparts (even KAT-TUN's Best of KAT-TUN lodged about 750K if you compare it against their million selling single Real Face) & you have no problems putting out multiple editions of an album rather than a single

promo wise , singles are more heavily promoted as compared to albums .

as much as I love ARASHI , I have to say that their last album Dream"A"live was real terrible on 1st listen as the album tracks were really bland & I was so disappointed in it as their older albums's material were better & the solos were eeee

I'm OK with it now but I will not call it my fave album of the guys (it has to go to ARASHIC & Time )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumiko View Post
I have a feeling arashi's best album will sell a lot...not sure if it will be yearly #1 but it should be one of the top albums.
I doubt it will be the album of the year , sales wise

I think it depends on how many copies JStorm plan to print/sell but it's quite a known fact that Japan do loves best compilation albums & in some cases , it helped the popularity of an artiste to shoot though the roof *points to Koda Kumi , EXILE & Kobukuro

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 3rd July 2009, 06:06 AM
GAME Initiate

congrats Ayu!

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 3rd July 2009, 06:14 AM
ourselves Initiate

not sure if anyone had posted the full singles ranking yet. I was a bit surprised at who didn't even make the top 20, and annoyed that boybands inevitably topped it. btw, does anyone know who the first artist is? the kanji doesn't ring a bell.

1位 : 64.6万枚 … 岚/矢野健太 starring Satoshi Ohno「Believe/昙りのち、快晴」
2位 : 55.6万枚 … 岚「明日の记忆/Crazy Moon~キミ・ハ・ムテキ~」
3位 : 45.2万枚 … 秋元顺子「爱のままで…」
4位 : 37.7万枚 … KAT-TUN「RESCUE」
5位 : 35.0万枚 … 游助「ひまわり」
6位 : 33.1万枚 … KAT-TUN「ONE DROP」
7位 : 27.6万枚 … NEWS「恋のABO」
8位 : 25.3万枚 … EXILE「THE MONSTER ~Someday~」
9位 : 23.1万枚 … 羞耻心「弱虫サンタ」
10位 : 21.1万枚 … KinKi Kids「约束」
11位 : 19.1万枚 … 浜崎あゆみ「Days/GREEN」
12位 : 17.8万枚 … 福山雅治「化身」
13位 : 16.0万枚 … 氷川きよし「浪曲一代」
14位 : 14.8万枚 … ポルノグラフィティ「今宵、月が见えずとも」
15位 : 13.9万枚 … 东方神起「Share The World/ウィーアー!」
16位 : 13.5万枚 … 桜高軽音部[Don't say "lazy"」
17位 : 13.1万枚 … 浜崎あゆみ「Rule/Sparkle」
18位 : 12.4万枚 … GReeeeN「歩み」
19位 : 12.1万枚 … 桜高軽音部 [Cagayake!GIRLS」
20位 : 11.7万枚 … 安室奈美惠「WILD/Dr.」

My travel blog
Old 3rd July 2009, 08:04 AM
neverending dream Initiate

^ The first artist is ARASHI / (insert name of ARASHI's leader) starring Satoshi Ohno xD

Old 3rd July 2009, 08:22 AM
fairyland Initiate

i beleive 7th position is good!! thanks for posting
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:26 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Pao View Post
^ The first artist is ARASHI / (insert name of ARASHI's leader) starring Satoshi Ohno xD
LMAO

Travis got that right (sorta) & let me fill that in

ARASHI / Yano Kenta starring ARASHI's leader Ohno Satoshi - Believe / Kumori Nochi , Kaisei

Kumori Nochi , Kaisei is the 1st solo song released by ARASHI as a single under the name Yano Kenta starring Ohno Satoshi because KNK was used as the theme song for leader's 2nd drama Uta no Onii-san (a cool drama btw which starred him & Kanjani8's Maruyama Ryuhei & GIRL NEXT DOOR's frontwoman Chisa)

while Believe was used as the theme song for member Sakurai Sho's movie Yatterman

Quote:
1位 : 64.6万枚 … 岚/矢野健太 starring Satoshi Ohno「Believe/昙りのち、快晴」
2位 : 55.6万枚 … 岚「明日の记忆/Crazy Moon~キミ・ハ・ムテキ~」

3位 : 45.2万枚 … 秋元顺子「爱のままで…」
4位 : 37.7万枚 … KAT-TUN「RESCUE」
5位 : 35.0万枚 … 游助「ひまわり」
6位 : 33.1万枚 … KAT-TUN「ONE DROP」
7位 : 27.6万枚 … NEWS「恋のABO」
8位 : 25.3万枚 … EXILE「THE MONSTER ~Someday~」
9位 : 23.1万枚 … 羞耻心「弱虫サンタ」
10位 : 21.1万枚 … KinKi Kids「约束」
11位 : 19.1万枚 … 浜崎あゆみ「Days/GREEN」
12位 : 17.8万枚 … 福山雅治「化身」

13位 : 16.0万枚 … 氷川きよし「浪曲一代」
14位 : 14.8万枚 … ポルノグラフィティ「今宵、月が见えずとも」
15位 : 13.9万枚 … 东方神起「Share The World/ウィーアー!」
16位 : 13.5万枚 … 桜高軽音部[Don't say "lazy"」
17位 : 13.1万枚 … 浜崎あゆみ「Rule/Sparkle」
18位 : 12.4万枚 … GReeeeN「歩み」

19位 : 12.1万枚 … 桜高軽音部 [Cagayake!GIRLS」
20位 : 11.7万枚 … 安室奈美惠「WILD/Dr.」
YAY for those that I have highlighted especially the Johnny's bands that I die die support <3 & I have a feeling that ARASHI's going to nail both the #1 & #2 yearly spot in the singles chart again . If so , it will be an amazing gift for them since this year's their 10th anniversary

wow , I just & so can imagine if they will dominate the singles , album & DVD chart since they have already dominated the singles & DVD chart at this point in time

& of course go ayumi , Namie , GReeeeN , Yusuke & Fukuyama Masaharu's Keshin (I'm so obsessed with the song now , you have no idea how many times I have been listening to it since the 1st time I heard it )

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 3rd July 2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 6th July 2009, 06:31 PM
no more words Initiate

I CANNOT believe "Ai No Mama de..." is at number three! Wasn't that released like, February last year?? But it makes me think Akimoto Junko will be a "one-hit wonder". Haha.

GReeeeN has a lot on the singles charts too, yay!