The Official Madonna Thread IV - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 10th April 2008, 01:37 AM
Initiate

^ I know!!!

Ugh, I'm dying to listen to Miles Away, I keep playing the preview on the official site over and over... It feels ethereal... I love it!

so far away, so far away

pop music will never be low brow!

Old 10th April 2008, 01:42 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOyumi View Post
I just can't wait for this album.. And to listen Miles Away! The preview on the official website is so good, soooo Madonna! And oh well, I wanna see a performance soon D=
They're broadcasting the NYC promo gig so we have that to look forward to Something tells me that she'll probably do more upbeat songs though so I dunno if we'll see Miles Away or not.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

AIM: XStevenProcess
youtube | last.fm | twitter | dailybooth | formspring
You can call me Steven.

MADONNA - STICKY & SWEET TOUR
10-30-08 VANCOUVER BC FRONT ROW

Old 10th April 2008, 03:40 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinylfantasy View Post
I love you Steven

Old 10th April 2008, 10:58 AM
Bridge to the sky H-Initiate

Thanks for the remixes of 4 Minutes, Vinylfantasy! I love the new single. Thank goodness Hard Candy is available for pre-order at some stores for $10.

Thank you, Sakura_Genki, for making this set!
Old 10th April 2008, 09:03 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

A sneak peek at the real back cover of Hard Candy courtesy of Madonna Fanzine:

Can't wait for the hi-res!

Quote:
Gina Brooke on makeup, Madonna and embracing our age

"Madonna is inspirational - and not just to me". The singer, who was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, has an enviable energy level and drive, says Gina Brooke, Madonna's makeup artist and artistic director for Japanese beauty line Shu Uemura.

"She surrounds herself with people who are just as driven and hardworking," Brooke said last week before jetting off to London to join Madonna on a video shoot. "It keeps you on your toes."

Since teaming up with Madonna in 2005, Brooke says she has to be prepared. "(From) shadow to lashes, to diamonds, you never know what kind of request you'll get.

"When she requests something that I disagree with, what can I say? She's the queen of reinvention." In 2006, Brooke created a pair of mink and diamond eyelashes for Madonna's "Confessions on a Dancefloor" tour, setting off a lash trend that saw Shu Uemura selling a similar model for $10,000.

Wearing an outdated style of makeup will make you look older than you really are, she says. "If you embrace your age, people will be more happy with themselves." Bad lighting is a woman's worst enemy, Brooke says. Applying makeup in front of the bathroom mirror is akin to doing it in the dark. Women tend to over-apply cosmetics in bathroom light, and when they see themselves in natural light, they're shocked by how overdone they look. While she doesn't buy into cosmetic trends, Brooke says strong eyes and warm lips are popular right now.

She and Madonna went that route for the cover of Madonna's new CD "Hard Candy," set for an April 29 release. "She told me, `I want it to look really clean and bare and make it about the eyeliner,' " Brooke says.
Source: www.charlotte.com (found on Madonna Tribe)

Quote:
The Hard Candy Songwriters

Here are the complete writing credits for Madonna's "Hard Candy". As you can see - and just as reported by Madonna Tribe a few weeks ago, 7 tracks off the new album come courtesy of Pharrell Williams (eight, including the Japanese and iTunes pre-order only bonus track "Ring My Bell"), and five are composed together with Timbaland aka Timothy Mosley and Justin Timberlake.

Other interesting tidbits include writing credits for Nate ''Danja'' Hills on three songs, for Hannon Lane on "Dance 2night" and "Voices", for Kanye West on "Beat Goes On" and a contribution you will certainly have no problem to recognize - the one of the very talented Joe Henry on "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You".

Candy Shop
Written by Madonna and Pharrell Williams

4 Minutes
Written by Madonna, Timothy Mosley, Nate Hills and Justin Timberlake

Give It 2 Me

Heartbeat

Miles Away
Written by Madonna, Timothy Mosley, Nate Hills and Justin Timberlake

She's Not Me

Incredible

Beat Goes On
Written by Madonna, Pharrell Williams and Kanye West

Dance 2night
Written by Madonna, Timothy Mosley, Hannon Lane and Justin Timberlake

Spanish Lesson

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You
Written by Madonna, Timothy Mosley, Nate Hills, Justin Timberlake, and Joe Henry

Voices
Written by Madonna, Timothy Mosley, Nate Hills, Hannon Lane, and Justin Timberlake

Ring My Bell
Source: Madonna Tribe

Madonna is Myspace's Featured Icon!!! I logged in earlier and saw this on my homepage!

Here's the page it takes you to.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 10th April 2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 11th April 2008, 12:08 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

steven, i've heard 4 minutes and OMG, this song really AWESOME.
i really LOVE it

Last edited by TITANIC; 11th April 2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11th April 2008, 12:28 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
A sneak peek at the real back cover of Hard Candy courtesy of Madonna Fanzine:

Can't wait for the hi-res!
Not to sound like an ass, but that picture is hideous. It makes it look like she has spider legs and she's some kind of monster with how long and thin they are.

Old 11th April 2008, 10:21 PM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondingo View Post
Not to sound like an ass, but that picture is hideous. It makes it look like she has spider legs and she's some kind of monster with how long and thin they are.
Before I saw what it actually was I thought she was sticking something up her butt.
Old 12th April 2008, 12:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
Before I saw what it actually was I thought she was sticking something up her butt.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I love the boots though, wish I could afford them.

New interview with Madonna on San Francisco's 92.7! The link is at the very bottom corner of the page. It's the funniest M interview I've heard in awhile, she always has the most fun with her gays.

Hard Candy TV Promo preview

*keep your pants on, the album isn't out yet!*

Also, Timbaland's remix of 4 Minutes! It's pure SEX! *dies* He uses the beats from the breakdown and it's just delicious.

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 12th April 2008 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12th April 2008, 01:37 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
OMFG HAHAHA

Quote:
Also, Timbaland's remix of 4 Minutes! It's pure SEX! *dies* He uses the beats from the breakdown and it's just delicious.
I love Timbaland's remixes. Thank you, thank you

Last edited by bondingo; 12th April 2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12th April 2008, 07:11 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Johnjay and Rich interview with M from yesterday on KISS 104.7

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 12th April 2008, 06:45 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Preview clips of the other two Rauhofer mixes are available.

Peter Saves New York
Peter Saves London

Also, two unofficial mixes of 4 Minutes by Rafael Lelis. He's an awesome tribal and electro house DJ/producer. I like his past M, Rihanna, and Beyonce mixes a lot and these definitely don't disappoint. They kick the **** out of most of the official ones thus far.

4 Minutes feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (Rafael Lelis Chumbo Mix)
4 Minutes feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (Rafael Lelis Chumbo Edit)

Quote:
Malawi court date set for Madonna

Pop star Madonna is expected to appear in court in Malawi this month for a ruling on whether she can adopt a child from the southern African country.
The case is 'tentatively' scheduled for 22 to 25 April, a court clerk said.
Earlier this month the Malawian government recommended that the 49-year-old star should be allowed to adopt David Banda, who is aged two.
The boy has lived with Madonna and husband Guy Ritchie since October 2006 after they met him in an orphanage.
The adoption hearing was scheduled to take place in Malawi this week.
But the singer's lawyers asked for it to be delayed until the end of the month because she had another engagement in the US.
Source: BBC News

Quote:
On The Web: New Radio Interview available online

Madonna did a great radio interview with Kidd Kraddick. Kidd is based in Dallas TX, but syndicated all over the US in 100 or so markets. You can listen to the audio by going to www.kiddlive.com and clicking on "Listen in the kPod" button

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 12th April 2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 13th April 2008, 07:41 AM
STEP you Protector

Thanks for the remixes! I remember really liking Rafael's Rihanna mixes, so it's great to get these unofficial ones.
Old 14th April 2008, 08:29 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
"4 Minutes" is #4 on the UK singles chart

UK TOP FIVE SINGLES
1. Estelle, American Boy
2. Sam Sparro, Black and Gold
3. Flo Rida, Low
4. Madonna, 4 Minutes
5. Mariah Carey, Touch My Body

In the UK this week Madonna's "4 Minutes" rose 4 places to #4 on the singles chart. This is a new peak for the song. Its sales are still based on downloads alone. The physical "4 Minutes" singles are not released in the UK until April 21. "4 Minutes" is selling well in the UK iTunes store and is #1 there right now, but its download sales are currently not enough for it to be #1 in overall sales. British fans please buy the physical singles next week to help Madonna score her 13th #1 in the UK!
Source: Drowned Madonna

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 14th April 2008, 02:13 PM
And Then Initiate

Is the full album already leak? I really want to download it!
Old 14th April 2008, 04:11 PM
independent Initiate

4 minutes is da real ~~~~ [censored by me cause it would be censored anyway] ...
THOSE REMIXES AWESOMENESS ... I bought 2 singles last friday in order to support her ... the same day 5 hours later all the other singles were gone ... YYYYYYAAAAAAAYYYYY
Old 14th April 2008, 09:14 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

MILEY CYRUS FOR THE F'IN WIN!

Hopefully this means a lot more exposure for M and potentially more younger fans.

Quote:
Making of '4 Minutes' music video (short clip)

You can watch a short clip of 'Making of 4 Minutes Video' here:

http://www.vh-m.com/madonna/
Source: Madge-Tribe

Quote:
Madonna To Perform Live At New York's Roseland Ballroom - April 30th

- Historic Event Presented by Verizon Wireless, Control Room and MSN
- Show to be Broadcast Live on MSN.com (music.msn.com) April 30th in the US and May 15th ex-US
- New Madonna CD 'HARD CANDY' Scheduled for April 29th US Release

NEW YORK, NY, April 14, 2008 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - In celebration of the release of Madonna's upcoming CD 'HARD CANDY', Control Room, MSN and Verizon Wireless will present the one and only Madonna live at New York's famed Roseland Ballroom on Wednesday evening, April 30th, it was confirmed today by Warner Bros. Records. The Control Room-produced show will be available live on MSN Music In Concert (www.msn.com) on April 30th in the US and on May 15th ex-US.

Verizon customers will be amongst the handful of lucky winners who will attend the show. Other lucky fans will need to line up outside of Roseland to receive tickets on a first come basis. This special event will be the first time Madonna will debut songs from her hotly anticipated new album 'HARD CANDY' which is scheduled to arrive in stores on April 29th.

The first single from the album, '4 Minutes' has already jumped to the Number One spot in many countries. The song, which features Madonna, Timbaland and Justin Timberlake was produced by Justin Timberlake and Timbaland.

About Verizon Wireless: Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 65.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com.

About Control Room: As the leading producer and distributor of world-class entertainment, Control Room's live music programming showcases the world's biggest artists from a variety of venues through multi-platform broadcasts via television, broadband and wireless platforms. Control Room has produced and distributed nearly 100 live music events delivering the highest quality productions in the industry with 8-10 camera shoots in Native HD (1080p) and using Dolby 5.1 to ensure the most compelling audience experience. In 2007, Control Room produced the largest entertainment event in history, Live Earth.
Source: ICON

Quote:
Vodafone's exclusive release schedule!!!

Madonna's brand new album - Hard Candy - has got everyone talking. And if '4 Minutes' is anything to go by, it's going to be huge. Following on from the incredible Confessions on a Dancefloor, this new album's kept the club theme alive but has added an urban hip hop beat. To celebrate the launch, for the first time ever, we're giving Vodafone customers the opportunity to get their hands on pre-release tracks as well as an exclusive Timbaland remix.

21/04/08 Candy Shop
22/04/08 Miles Away
23/04/08 Give It 2 Me
24/04/08 Heartbeat
25/04/08 Beat Goes On
26/04/08 Devil Wouldn't Recognise You
27/04/08 She's Not Me
Source: Vodafone Music

Quote:
Hard Candy Limited Edition Cover

Source: Madonna Fanzine

Quote:
Remixes of ''4 Minutes'' out TOMORROW

Remixes of ''4 Minutes'' are due out TOMORROW in the US and around the world, which means there will be 5 versions of this single posted on online music stores ready for download.

We invite you to download the remixes especially in US online retailers, such as iTunes, Amazon, Realmusic, etc.

It is VERY important to buy each remix SEPERATELY as a "buy song" and not to buy the remixes EP. Each song will count as 1 sale for Soundscan sales next week!!!! If you buy as an EP, they will NOT count separately.

Downloads within 3 times will be counted, therefore one person can contribute 15 points of download on ONE online music store and 45 points on the mentioned 3 major stores. In this case there will be huge chance for Madonna to top the US chart in the coming weeks.
Source: Drowned Madonna

Quote:
3 track CD single

Here's a first look at the complete artwork of the German-made, European 3 track cd single of Madonna's 4 Minutes released in several countries this week, that comes in standard single thinner plastic single case.

Quote:
DL: New Washington D.C. Radio Interview!

Link: MediaFire
Source: Madge-Tribe

More studio footage

New promo pic courtesy of Madonna Tribe!

What a knockout!

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Last edited by Vinylfantasy; 14th April 2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 15th April 2008, 12:48 AM
Two of us Initiate

I like that promo pic alot! Should have been the cover in some form.
Old 15th April 2008, 02:27 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Apparently the remix on the deluxe version of Hard Candy whose title has been kept secret is a remix of Give It 2 Me by Paul Oakenfold.

*less than thrilled*

I let it bang, bang.

God save the Queen!

You can call me Steven.

Old 15th April 2008, 04:51 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
the link is dead now ! does anybody else has this remix or can upload it again please

Verrą l'estate senza avvisare. Un treno lento che costeggia il mare. Sul marciapiede vuoto alla stazione, ti farai trovare.
Sempre ti aspetto. Apro per te ogni finestra, respiro e l'aria e' fresca.
Sempre ti aspetto. Salvami stanco e infelice. Nell'aria la tua luce

Tags
hard candy, madonna, sticky and sweet, tour