[Utada Hikaru] Still Stayin' Gold on the 18th Utada Hikaru Thread! - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st June 2008, 02:52 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
WHAT! Where did you hear this?
it's nothing like reliable like official source or anything but that's what various forums are saying.
Hikki Station Forums + JPM

-basically people are just making assumptions so it's nothing to really get excited over

"Judging from the ending, there's going to be a SP later. Longer charting time if the SP still uses POL"
- firefly1984 at JPM

With love from ll moments ll

http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/ [My J-Pop Review Blog] [20,000 hits = new layout ]

Destiny Line [The BRAND NEW BLOG FOLKS!!!! ]

Take me to a world where there is no one

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 21st June 2008, 02:57 AM
Banned

Seems like everything that's been rumored lateyhas been true, so I'm gonna believe that its true that a SP is gonna happen.
Old 21st June 2008, 03:03 AM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amai Yume View Post
it's nothing like reliable like official source or anything but that's what various forums are saying.
Hikki Station Forums + JPM

-basically people are just making assumptions so it's nothing to really get excited over

"Judging from the ending, there's going to be a SP later. Longer charting time if the SP still uses POL"
- firefly1984 at JPM
Sorry, but what is SP? There's gonna be a special eppy next week though.
Old 21st June 2008, 03:05 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Sorry, but what is SP? There's gonna be a special eppy next week though.
hahahaha, I have no idea.
I didn't wanna ask in case I sounded dumb

http://amaiwana.wordpress.com/ [My J-Pop Review Blog] [20,000 hits = new layout ]

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 21st June 2008, 03:06 AM
Greatful days Initiate

I think the "continuation" you guys are talking about is the special 12th episode airing next week. There hasn't been any official word on whether or not it will be an epilogue or a compilation episode... However, I think I remember reading somewhere that it's going to be 90 minutes long.

I don't see why they wouldn't use Prisoner Of Love for whatever it is... I'm almost positive they will.

As for a sequel if that's what you guys were thinking, I doubt it, but it'd be amazing! I loved Last Friends. I initially watched it because of Prisoner Of Love, but I thought it was really good and stuck with it.

As for other Hikki songs fitting to Last Friends...
Spoiler:
I thought would've been comical had Take 5 started playing when Sousuke died.
Old 21st June 2008, 03:07 AM
Lelio Protector

SP=Special
Old 21st June 2008, 03:22 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorphose View Post
I loved Last Friends. I initially watched it because of Prisoner Of Love, but I thought it was really good and stuck with it.
Haha, me too!

The show's finally over, but I'm still stuck on episode 7. I'm waiting for Kioku to pick up the pace, the suspense is killing me. :|

I know there are other fan-subs out there, but I'm fond of Kioku's subbing, so I can wait. (Don't know how much longer, but I can wait for a few more days. XD)
Old 21st June 2008, 03:23 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
SP=Special
hahaha, it seems so obvious!!

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 21st June 2008, 03:25 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakacat View Post
Haha, me too!

The show's finally over, but I'm still stuck on episode 7. I'm waiting for Kioku to pick up the pace, the suspense is killing me. :|

I know there are other fan-subs out there, but I'm fond of Kioku's subbing, so I can wait. (Don't know how much longer, but I can wait for a few more days. XD)
I was using Kioku at first but when they started lagging behind, I switched to Seri Softsubs because I was so impatient. xD I still download the Kioku versions whenever they come out so I can put them on my iPod.

There aren't any softsubs for the finale yet... But I went ahead and watched it in Japanese. I don't speak much Japanese at all so... it was painstaking at points but I got the general idea. I'll rewatch it when subtitles become available, of course! xD
Old 21st June 2008, 03:35 AM
Banned

^Ooooh, whenever u finish uploading the ipod version of LF, could up upload it on AHS as well? Pleeeeeeease?

@Triple D and Amai: I really thought u guys knew what that means...especially you Amai. lol But I know that feeling of not asking anyone what something means because it'll make u sound dumb.
Old 21st June 2008, 03:37 AM
dddaiyamondo

Yay, I wonder what the special will be like? I'm so excited, I'm gonna watch the finale tonight with my friends... eeeeeee! It's funny, cuz now all of my friends are both addicted to LF and POL. Dorama tie-ins really do work.
Old 21st June 2008, 03:39 AM
Banned

^ Do yall sing to POL everytime it plays?
Old 21st June 2008, 03:41 AM
SAKURA Initiate

regarding the last friends SP...

Quote:
Supposedly the SP is called Mou hitotsu no Last Friends.

So it may focus on other characters??

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 21st June 2008, 03:49 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Yay, I wonder what the special will be like? I'm so excited, I'm gonna watch the finale tonight with my friends... eeeeeee! It's funny, cuz now all of my friends are both addicted to LF and POL. Dorama tie-ins really do work.
I've gotten two of my friends into it as well. One of them is on episode 10 and the other on 2... xD Once, my friend that's pretty much caught up to me watches the finale, we plan on having a get together and watching the entire series with our other friend who didn't get to see more than the first episode. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv ~Venus~ View Post
^Ooooh, whenever u finish uploading the ipod version of LF, could up upload it on AHS as well? Pleeeeeeease?
Suree! If I have the time, and I'm reminded to do so! haha

AHS should get a multi-quote feature. xD

---

A little more on-topic, a lot of my friends love love love Prisoner Of Love. People I don't know at school will be singing the "I'm a prisoner of love~" part because so many of my friends have been listening to it.

Since so many people have gotten stuck on it that aren't even normally fans of Japanese music I think it would be great if Hikki used the English version she wrote for it on the new American album. I think it could really do well over here stateside.

And speaking of Hikki's English lyrics to the song, I wrote my own! And my friend is going to record it eventually.

Last edited by amorphose; 21st June 2008 at 04:02 AM.
Old 21st June 2008, 03:54 AM
still alone Initiate

YAY! New threeeeeeaaaad!

wooo... an LF SP!!! can't wait for it

Ayu is MY ALL

Old 21st June 2008, 04:11 AM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
A little more on-topic, a lot of my friends love love love Prisoner Of Love. People I don't know at school will be singing the "I'm a prisoner of love~" part because so many of my friends have been listening to it.

Since so many people have gotten stuck on it that aren't even normally fans of Japanese music I think it would be great if Hikki used the English version she wrote for it on the new American album. I think it could really do well over here stateside.

And speaking of Hikki's English lyrics to the song, I wrote my own! And my friend is going to record it eventually.
My friends love it too! But... that's cuz they're Japanese I think POL in English would be sooooooooooooooooooo good. That would be totally be a hit single.
Old 21st June 2008, 04:13 AM
independent Initiate

I don't understand while so many people want it in English on the album. Having it in English would be great but NOT on the album. Utada's music and Utada Hikaru's music are different for me and I would rather there not be any language crossovers...

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Old 21st June 2008, 04:19 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
I don't understand while so many people want it in English on the album. Having it in English would be great but NOT on the album. Utada's music and Utada Hikaru's music are different for me and I would rather there not be any language crossovers...
I actually feel that Prisoner Of Love would fit with Utada's English material. I felt it was a bit of an odd ball on HEART STATION. It's very R&B like the current American music scene and with the rumored collaboration with Ne-Yo "Apple and Cinnamon" possibly being on the new English album, it makes me think it's gonna be really R&B.

Plus, Prisoner Of Love was originally intended to be in English.

I agree with you about the crossovers thing, but I feel like Prisoner Of Love would be a good one for the English album, unlike Simple and Clean and Sanctuary.
Old 21st June 2008, 04:19 AM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
But it's sooo catchy... everyone I know loves it!
Old 21st June 2008, 04:22 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
I actually feel that Prisoner Of Love would fit with Utada's English material. I felt it was a bit of an odd ball on HEART STATION. It's very R&B like the current American music scene and with the rumored collaboration with Ne-Yo "Apple and Cinnamon" possibly being on the new English album, it makes me think it's gonna be really R&B.

Plus, Prisoner Of Love was originally intended to be in English.

I agree with you about the crossovers thing, but I feel like Prisoner Of Love would be a good one for the English album, unlike Simple and Clean and Sanctuary.
"Apple and Cinnamon" wasn't a rumored collabo with Ne-Yo was it? I thought it was solo...
Are you sure it was intended to be in English? I thought she just wrote it in English with no plans of releasing it in English...
I want new material on this album, not language equivalents of previous songs. Maybe as a bonus track or something...

and I love Prisoner of Love too triple D!! English version would be great buttt not on the new album please

- Hikki "虹色バス"
Closed Thread

Tags
hikki, utada hikaru