[Utada Hikaru] ☆☆ Come Back To Me ☆☆ The 24th Utada Thread! ☆☆ - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th January 2009, 07:06 AM
Banned

☆☆ Come Back To Me ☆☆ The 24th Utada Thread! ☆☆

Utada is the English language project name of 宇多田ヒカル (Utada Hikaru). She is a third culture singer-songwriter, arranger, and record producer in Japan and United States. Utada maintains this name in the west as she intends to keep her English style separate from her Japanese music. She has sold an estimated 33 million albums worldwide. Utada is fluent in both English and Japanese as she was raised in both New York and Tokyo. She is most notable in the west for composing and singing the Kingdom Hearts themes 光 (Hikari) and Simple And Clean, as well as the theme songs for Kingdom Hearts II, Passion and Sanctuary.

Utada's discography

1st Album: Exodus
Release Date: 9/8/2004 10/5/2004 9/26/2005

Tracklist:

1. Opening
2. Devil Inside
3. Exodus '04
4. The Workout
5. Easy Breezy
6. Tippy Toe
7. Hotel Lobby
8. Animato
9. Crossover Interlude
10. Kremlin Dusk
11. You Make Me Want to Be a Man
12. Wonder 'Bout
13. Let Me Give You My Love
14. About Me
15. You Make Me Want to Be a Man (Bloodshy & Avant Mix) (UK Bonus track)
16. You Make Me Want to Be a Man (Junior Jack Mix) (UK Bonus track)

First Week Sales: 523,761 ☆☆ Position: #1
Overall Sales: 1,074,393 ☆☆ Chart Run: 20 weeks

2nd Album: This Is The One
Release Date: 3/4/2009 3/24/2009

Tracklist (To be updated):

1. Come Back To Me
2. Me Muero (I Die)
3. F.Y.I.
4. Apple and Cinnamon
5. On And On
6. Taking My Money Back

News

☆☆This Is The One up for Pre-order on Amazon.com☆☆

☆☆Utada @ Dinner with Editor of VIBE Magazine☆☆

Quote:
Thanks to FeelMyVIBE for the tip: It appears as though Utada is currently having dinner with the Editor in Chief of VIBE magazine. Perhaps a feature article can be expected in the not too distant future?
☆☆Ten and Sen are delayed for 2 weeks☆☆

Quote:
The release date for the two books has been pushed back to 19th March

http://www.bounce.com/news/daily.php/18078
credits to luminaire

☆☆Hikki makes her webcam debut!☆☆

Quote:
Watch it and get to know the real Hikki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihvt_jiSdC8
☆☆2 New Titles Off of “This Is The One”☆☆

Quote:
Japanese website TV Station posted a brief news item regarding the Japanese release date change for Utada’s upcoming album “This Is The One.” In the update, the site mentions 2 new track titles from the album: “On And On” and “Taking My Money Back.” An official tracklisting would seem imminent.

☆☆AHS member, Amorphose, in works of creating a Hikki forum☆☆

Quote:
If anyone's interested, some of the long-time members of U-O and Amorphose are going to be making an Utada forum in the next few weeks~ They're gonna try and make it a place where fans can actually go like U-O was because hikaru.sc keeps becoming more of an elitist group of people bashing Hikki rather than a fan forum.
☆☆ “CBTM” Requests: Pop Stations Part II☆☆

Quote:
Here is a quick listing of Pop stations who have played Utada’s “Come Back To Me,” along with links to their online request pages. Place a call only if you live in the area; Toll free numbers are great for anyone across the country to request the song. Happy requesting!

WSTW-FM 93.7FM Wilmingtson, DE / 302-478-2700
WDJQ-FM Q92 Canton, OH / 330-450-9292 / Toll Free: 1-800-743-9292
WCIL-FM 101.5 CL Marion, IL / Toll Free: 1-800-341-1015
WRCL-FM Club 93.7FM Flint, MI / Toll Free: 1-866-CLUB937
WZEE-FM Z104.1 Madison, WI / 608 321- 0436
WJQM-FM 93.1 Jamz Madison, WI / 608-321-0931
KSAS-FM 103.3 KISS FM Boise, ID / 208-384-1033
WBVD-FM 95.1 KISS FM Melbourne, FL / 321-821-KISS / Toll Free: 1-800-409-9393
KXXM-FM Mix 96.1 San Antonio, TX / 210-470-5961
WXXL-FM 106.7 XL Orlando, FL / 407-919-1067 / Toll Free: 1-877-919-1067
WHTS-FM 105.3 HOT FM Grand Rapids, MI / Toll Free: 1-888-451-1053
☆☆“Come Back To Me” Available on iTunes & Amazon.com☆☆

Quote:
Utada’s “Come Back To Me” is now available for purchase on both iTunes and Amazon.com. Show your support and download a copy!
☆☆Utada.jp: Album Release Moved to 3/14; Message from Ne-Yo☆☆

Quote:
Utada.jp has been updated today with two bits of information: First and foremost, the Japanese release date for Utada’s new album, “This Is The One,” has been pushed back from the original March 4th date to March 14th. Additionally, a video of Ne-Yo’s recent message to Utada has been imbedded on the site. The video includes a little bit more than what was included in the recent video press kit.
☆☆“Come Back To Me” LiveDaily Song of the Day☆☆

Quote:

Utada’s “Come Back To Me” is currently the Song of the Day over at LiveDaily. You can stream or download the track, and a new promo picture is attached.
☆☆Requesting “Come Back To Me” on Pop Radio☆☆

Quote:
As most of you are aware, Utada’s new single, “Come Back To Me,” goes for adds tomorrow on Pop radio stations in the US. This by no means that they will begin playing the song, so it is important to request the song at stations in your area.

Scott_o_k over at UtadaNet has put together a comprehensive list of stations in the US as well as a list of stations that have already played “Come Back To Me.” There is also a nice guideline for how/when to call or email to request. One of the most important:

“In general, radio stations get very annoyed if they suspect “fan clubs” or label plants are flooding requests for a particular song or artist. If a radio station director notices that requests are coming in from outside their local area and not from their actual listeners, it can hurt that song or artist’s chances with that station more than it helps.”
☆☆Come Back To Me is #28 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100 singles chart☆☆

Quote:
Utada’s "Come Back to Me", despite not being officially released, has charted #28 on billboard’s japan hot 100 singles. Last week, it was #36.
☆☆“CBTM” Going for Adds at Rhythmic Stations 2/24☆☆

Quote:
FMQB has updated their “Available for Airplay” page, and it appears as though Utada’s “Come Back To Me” will be going for adds on Rhythmic stations beginning February 24th. The song was originally slated to go for Rhythmic adds this Tuesday, February 10th, the same day that “Come Back To Me” heads to Pop stations.
☆☆Utada @ Teruo Artistry GRAMMY Gift Booth☆☆

Quote:

Teruo Artistry, a California based clothing company, held a small booth at one of the Grammy gifting events this weekend. Utada and her father stopped by on Friday, and a small pic is available on Teruo Artistry’s website.
☆☆Utada featured on New York’s Z100 Website☆☆

Quote:
Utada is currently being featured as an “Artist To Watch” on New York’s Z100 radio station website. The page features a brief bio along with the full audio to her first single, “Come Back To Me.”
☆☆More “Come Back To Me” Remixes☆☆

Quote:
It appears as though a promotional CD has been sent out to DJs containing several remixes of Utada’s new single, “Come Back To Me.” In addition to the aforementioned Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel remix, the disc includes mixes by Tony Moran, Quentin Harris, and Mike Rizzo. It seems likely that these will become available next Tuesday, the same day that the original version goes on sale through digital outlets.

Link to dl remixes: http://www.musicistheheartofoursoul....-promo-cd.html
☆☆New Utada Interview with Ningin, Part 1 and Part 2☆☆

Quote:
Ningin has just posted Part 1 and part 2 of an interview with Utada regarding her upcoming album, “This Is The One.”
☆☆Official Album Title: “This Is The One☆☆

Quote:
Utada’s MySpace has been updated with the name of her forthcoming English language album: “This Is The One.”
☆☆New Utada Profile Reveals 3 Album Tracks☆☆

Quote:
url=http://www.myspace.com/thisisutada]Utada’s official MySpace[/url] has been updated with a new profile biography, revealing 3 track titles in the process: “F.Y.I.,” “Apples and Cinnamon,” and “Me Muero.”

Spoiler:
Utada

When I start making a song, for one second I see an amazing view—and in that instant, it cracks and falls to pieces. Then the rest of the process is trying to put the pieces back together. So when it feels familiar, when I see what I saw in that moment the song was conceived, then I know it’s done.—Utada

Hikaru Utada is one of the biggest pop stars in the universe. Over the last ten years, her accomplishments in Japan are simply staggering. Her 1999 debut First Love is the country’s biggest-selling album of all time, and three of her albums rank among the Top Ten best-sellers. She has had 12 Number One hits, including four songs in Japan’s all-time Top 100. 2001’s Distance had the largest first-week sales for any album in Japanese music history, selling an astonishing three million copies. In total, the young singer has sold more than 52 million albums.

But unlike most pop starlets around the world, Utada is also a songwriter and producer; indeed, she says that she thinks of herself as a composer more than as a performer. And on her new Island Def Jam album—ten self-penned songs produced by the powerhouse producers Stargate (Ne-Yo, Rihanna, Beyonce) and Tricky (Britney Spears, Madonna, Mariah Carey)—26-year-old Utada reveals the unique sense of songcraft that is poised to make her a force in the US and European music communities.

“I wanted to make something that’s accessible but not cheap—not low-class or stupid, but still appealing to a wide audience,” says Utada. “I like to make music that’s multi-layered. You might like a song and want to dance, but not really dive into the lyrics and analyze them. And then if you’re more bookish and you like words, you might notice the references I make, to Captain Picard or Freddie Mercury or Winona Ryder.

“Both things are just as important to me—to be catchy, so when you hear a song on the radio it sticks out, and also to have that depth.”

In conversation, Utada is endlessly surprising, instantly shattering any expectations or stereotypes. The list of heroes and influences that she cites—from the Cocteau Twins to Conan O’Brien, from author Roald Dahl to the Notorious B.I.G.—is unpredictable but extremely telling. “I like smart people,” she says. “Not whether you’re educated or not, just whether you have that spark, that light in your attic.”

Born and raised in Manhattan and educated at Columbia University, Hikaru Utada grew up surrounded by music. Her father, Teruzane Utada, was an accomplished musician and producer, and her mother, Keiko Fuji, was a successful Japanese enka (ballad) singer. Utada spent her youth shuttling between New York City and Tokyo, but her most consistent home was the recording studio. By age 11, she had written and recorded her first song, and by the time she graduated from junior high school, she had been signed by EMI Records; her first album, Precious, was recorded in English, but didn’t come out in the US because of business problems at the label; it was subsequently released in Japan.

After moving to Tokyo full-time, she began recording in Japanese, and her debut album in that language, First Love, was an explosive, historic success. Since then, she has had five Number One albums in Japan—most recently, Heart Station in 2008, which was the year’s best-selling non-compilation album.

With that level of popularity, it’s easy to wonder why Utada is taking the difficult step of starting over as a new artist for a new audience. “It’s true that I could have stuck to my throne and taken the easy way,” she says, “but I felt that my creativity, my humanity would be endangered by staying in that position. I don’t want to just be this crazy artist who lives in la-la land, I want to be in touch with the real world and stay humble. And I like it when something feels scary—I see fear as a guiding light.”

Utada did make one earlier foray into the English-language marketplace with the Exodus album n 2004. But even though the singles “Easy Breezy” and “Devil Inside” were hits on the club charts, she views the new album as her true debut. “On that album, I was so insecure,” she says. “I was trying too hard, it wasn’t natural. But on this album, there’s a maturity, a more free-flowing and natural confidence.”

In approaching the new album, Utada was very careful about choosing her collaborators and setting their expectations. “With both teams, I wanted them to lay out the basic tracks,” she says, “but I told them that I have to write my own songs, with complete control over melody and lyrics.”

The producers also turned out to have very different processes. “With Stargate, it was all data transfer,” she says. “I recorded most of the vocals in Tokyo and sent them to Norway or New York. They loved it—they were like ‘This is the future!” But with Tricky, we actually spent time in the studio together, and that was nice and warm. I’m not much of an extrovert, so it was a good experience to have to communicate and get to know a new person.”

Utada singles out the track “F.Y.I.” (which includes samples from experimental pianist Ryuichi Sakamoto and references to the film Merry Christmas, Mr. Lawrence) as a central moment in determining her final vision of the album. “I recorded the demo in December of 2007,” she says, “but it was a difficult song, and I wasn’t satisfied with it—I had to try to get to the bottom of it. And then just a few months ago, I suddenly came up with the right lyrics, changed the melody in places, and it made sense.

“When that song crystallized,” she continues, “the message of it was very strong and confident, and I felt like it was a good introduction to me, that it fits in with my current story.”

In contrast, the breezy “Apples and Cinnamon” came “almost too easily” to Utada. The vocals on the final version are mostly what she recorded as the demo. “I almost don’t even feel like I made it,” she says. “I didn’t get to savor the experience of it.” But her own favorite song on the album is the flirty, sophisticated “Me Muero”—”no other song makes me feel the way that one does.”

It’s been a long journey, full of many miles and many melodies, for Utada to get to this album. But the lessons she’s learned ultimately gave her a clear sense of what she was looking for. “I wanted to get back to basics,” she says. “Nothing gimmicky, just very straightforward and confident, with a sense of humor. I was so sure of what I was doing, and I just became more of an adult—finally.”
☆☆Utada Interview @ Examiner.com☆☆

Quote:
Examiner.com has posted a short interview with Utada regarding her music career. Click here to check it out.

☆☆Island Records: Utada Video Press Kit☆☆

Quote:
Spoiler:
Island Records has gone ahead and posted a short 2 minute video featuring comments from Ne-Yo and production team Stargate. Check it out here.

**youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3evD1AP79s (credits to xheartstation)**

Screencaps

Dialogue:

Ne-Yo
“Giving a shout out to Utada, one of the most talented people I’ve worked with in quite some time. Fantastic voice, beautiful young lady. Utada, from me Ne-Yo, peace and love.”

Stargate
“Working with Utada was great. We had such a great time. She just walks in and just has this confidence about her, and integrity. Her vocal performance is amazing.”
☆☆“ten” + “sen” Book Release Date: March 10th☆☆

Quote:

Utada’s official Japanese website has been updated with new information regarding her upcoming “ten” and “sen” book releases. The 2 books go on sale March 10th and are each a whopping 512 pages in length. The price for “ten” and “sen” are 2,499 and 1,995 yen, respectively. Click here for all the details and for a look at the cover artwork.

Recap

Ten” consists of an essay written by Utada, focusing on everything from her marriage and divorce, to the joys and pain of writing music. There is also a long interview conducted by Utada’s long time official writer, Ms. Matsuura, along with photos from her debut in 1999 to the present.

Sen” is a collection of Utada’s official blog/messages and website updates plus photographs taken on location by the same man who photographed her “First Love” album.
☆☆First MySpace Message from Utada☆☆

Quote:
Utada has updated her MySpace profile with her first ever blog entry. She indicates that the filming of the “Come Back To Me” video took place on January 27th and 28th, and from what she’s seen, it “looks amazing.” She also mentions that the title of her forthcoming album should be announced shortly, and the album is being mastered in the coming days. Click here for the full blog entry.
☆☆Utada: Editing “Come Back To Me” Video☆☆

Quote:
Utada has updated her blog with an English message, informing us that she finished shooting the video for her upcoming single “Come Back To Me,” a few days ago. The video, shot by director Anthony Mandler, is now in the editing process. Click here to check out the full message.

Last edited by Luv ~Venus~; 13th February 2009 at 05:28 AM.
Old 29th January 2009, 07:09 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

was the previous thread deleted or something Shanny ? O_O

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 29th January 2009, 07:10 AM
teens Initiate

I think it got deleted, because of arguements, and stuff like that. :/

Anyways, a new thread, yay!
Old 29th January 2009, 07:11 AM
Because of You Initiate

I think it is good to delete. Hey talk about Utada in here only.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 29th January 2009, 07:12 AM
Sexy little things Protector

^^It was too drama-y and filled with flames so it got closed. It was getting pretty ridiculous towards the end.

Does anyone know if any/most radio stations in the US have CBtM yet? I want to request it here.
Old 29th January 2009, 07:15 AM
Because of You Initiate

I think people should lesson how to respect people and please grow up. Here is not their playground to play sand.

I haven't listen CBtM in radio yet. Are they going to promote Utada well this time? :-/!

Old 29th January 2009, 07:17 AM
Greatful days Initiate

I requested it at my local station, but they only take requests up until midnight and I requested at 11:45. haha

I'm going to try again tomorrow. If I get no luck, then I'll wait til the 10th cause that's when it was listed that they will ALL have it. Seems it might just be some that already have it.
Old 29th January 2009, 07:58 AM
sending mail Initiate

The song airs Feb 10th. Can't wait to hear it pop up in the car when I'm going to school

Old 29th January 2009, 08:03 AM
teens Initiate

I can't wait to see the CBTM Music Video. *__*
Old 29th January 2009, 08:24 AM
Sexy little things Protector

February 10th, eh? Damn, I don't know if I can wait that long.

--off topic--Luv, you did a damn fine job with the first post. I'm really impressed.
Old 29th January 2009, 08:43 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Good job, Shanny. Thanks for making this new thread. Hopefully people will only discuss Hikki here

I will be calling up ALL the stations here. I'm sure since we're an Asian-majority place that they'll support her

Old 29th January 2009, 09:10 AM
JEWEL Initiate

When her song airs it may be the first time I listen to the radio and actually enjoy it
Old 29th January 2009, 10:23 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

so Come Back To Me will get a PV ? that's cool

I hope the title of her 2nd Eng album & tracklist will be up & running in due time

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 29th January 2009, 10:26 AM
CAROLS Initiate

oh my XD there was too much drama XDD

i wonder about the title too ^^
Old 29th January 2009, 03:40 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
I think people should lesson how to respect people and please grow up. Here is not their playground to play sand.
brb putting this quote in my sig.

Man, all of the good stuff occurs while I'm offline. It's a shame; Luv~Venus and it's friend are a riot.
Astronauts get taller when they are in Ayumi Hamasaki!
Forty percent of the world's almonds and twenty percent of the world's peanuts are used in the manufacture of Ayumi Hamasaki.
The book of Esther in the Bible is the only book which does not mention Ayumi Hamasaki.
Until the 1960s, Ayumi Hamasaki was not allowed to enter Disneyland.
Ayumi Hamasaki cannot swim!
Ayumi Hamasaki was first discovered by Alexander the Great in India, and introduced to Europe on his return.
Two grams of Ayumi Hamasaki provide enough energy to power a television for over twenty-three hours.
Old 29th January 2009, 04:11 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanachu View Post
brb putting this quote in my sig.

Man, all of the good stuff occurs while I'm offline. It's a shame; Luv~Venus and it's friend are a riot.
LoL. Thanks.

I wish more songs in this album could be a big hit in dancefloor..

Old 29th January 2009, 04:14 PM
End roll Initiate

^ You're welcome, you have quite a way with words!

What's everyone's favorite Hikki song? It's hard for me to choose tbh...
Astronauts get taller when they are in Ayumi Hamasaki!
Forty percent of the world's almonds and twenty percent of the world's peanuts are used in the manufacture of Ayumi Hamasaki.
The book of Esther in the Bible is the only book which does not mention Ayumi Hamasaki.
Until the 1960s, Ayumi Hamasaki was not allowed to enter Disneyland.
Ayumi Hamasaki cannot swim!
Ayumi Hamasaki was first discovered by Alexander the Great in India, and introduced to Europe on his return.
Two grams of Ayumi Hamasaki provide enough energy to power a television for over twenty-three hours.
Old 29th January 2009, 04:34 PM
Greatful days Initiate

"Come Back To Me" is available to buy at the VERIZON Wireless store as a ring tone and a ringback tone!

http://mediastore.verizonwireless.co...tistName=Utada

Credits: U.Blog
Old 29th January 2009, 05:11 PM
glitter Initiate

^ Yes! I have Verzion! Now I just have to figure out how to get the ringtone...

There's never a day that I have to remember you because I never for a moment forgot you.
My LJ x Hitomi Shimatani @ LJ x Yuna Ito @ LJ x ayaka @ LJ x misono @ LJ
Old 29th January 2009, 05:15 PM
Greatful days Initiate

I think all you need to do is make an account, or login if you already have one, and then click purchase.
Closed Thread

Tags
come back to me, fyi, hikki, new album, on and on, taking my money back, this is the one, utada, utada hikaru