[Utada Hikaru] ☆☆ Come Back To Me ☆☆ The 24th Utada Thread! ☆☆ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th February 2009, 01:53 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You know it's gonna be that. Or just "This is the One: The 25th Utada Thread" (which is kinda funny by deeming all other Utada threads irrelevant).

Or maybe "F.Y.I.: This is the One -- The 25th Utada Thread!"

Or "You sure as hell won't be saying 'Me Muero' in the 25th Utada Thread!"

Apples and Cinnamon was already used... Maybe the tracklisting will be out before a new thread is created... I'm getting carried away here. Do some brainstorming -- it's the least you can do to prevent that awful optical bleeding. *(^_^)*
Old 4th February 2009, 02:07 AM
Greatful days Initiate

"Debuting Utada For The 1st Time in Her 25th Thread" (Play on words being that they're kind of making it seem like "This Is The One" is her first English Album and leaving out poor "Exodus" on purpose so we're disregarding all her other threads)

"Exodus Never Existed in Utada's 25th Thread" (Because that's how they're acting)

"Listen To Utada Die in Her 25th Thread" (Because of "Me Muero")

"Watch As Utada's Hair Gets Cut Shorter and Shorter in Her 25th Thread" (Because it's not growing)

"A Little Bit of Oooooooooooooo and a Whole Lot of TADAAAAAA in her 25th Thread" ("Oooooooooo" sounds like the sound the letter "U" makes as in "Ooooing" and "Aaahhhhing" in a crowd and "TADAAAAA" sounds like "Tada" as in what a magician shouts after a Magic Trick)
OR
"She's Got Us Oooooooing at Her Tadaaaaa(s) in her 25th Thread"

Yeah...........remember this the next time you ask ME to Brainstorm. I apologize in advance for any offenses. Ha.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 4th February 2009, 02:29 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I like the sound of F.Y.I.: This Is The One -- The 25th Utada Thread!
Mm, F.Y.I.: Hikki's death is Me Muero ~ 25th Utada Thread!

Last edited by Yum!Fruit_Salad!; 4th February 2009 at 02:44 AM.
Old 4th February 2009, 02:49 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

J-MELO Awards recognize and celebrate Japanese artists based entirely on requests from fans all over the world.

The Second J-MELO Awards (2008): Most-Requested Artists

No.1 L’Arc~en~Ciel
No.2 Arashi
No.3 Hey!Say!JUMP
No.4 melody.
No.5 KAT-TUN
No.6 NEWS
No.7 Tohoshinki
No.8 Hikaru Utada
No.9 ALICENINE.
No.10 YUI

First J-MELO Awards (2007) :Most Requested Artists

1st L’Arc~en~Ciel
2nd melody.
3rd KAT-TUN
4th Hikaru Utada
5th NEWS
6th Morning Musume
7th DIR EN GREY
8th YUI
9th Ai Otsuka
10th Namie Amuro

Source - http://www.nhk.or.jp/j-melo/english/index.html

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 4th February 2009, 02:51 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

this is the one?

what happened to exodus?

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 4th February 2009, 02:51 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Another one came to me!

"You'll Die Right Along With Utada in Her 25th Thread"

EDIT: What's an exodus? *Cough*

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

Old 4th February 2009, 02:58 AM
SAKURA Initiate

^ that title is just a tad bit depressing

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 4th February 2009, 02:58 AM
Banned

I didn't think people were into melody. all that much. XD Congrats to her and Hikki. No Ayu, Kuu, nor Namie. Wut in the world? lol AVEX might wanna step up their game with these ladies.

As for the thread topic title convo, some of the suggestions are cool and all (off topic as well) but whoever makes the next thread, for peak sake, keep it updated.
Old 4th February 2009, 03:35 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Another one came to me!

"You'll Die Right Along With Utada in Her 25th Thread"

EDIT: What's an exodus? *Cough*
ROFL. They didn't whitewash it from her discography! She felt that "This Is The One" is her true debut (which has apparently hurt someone so much at JPM that he needed to call her a "sellout-hooker"). But she also said that Exodus represents "thickest color" of herself. Yet, in that "About Utada" essay, she said that felt so insecure and too "try-hard" and gimmicky with the songs on Exodus. I disagree, but I know many people agree with her on this current assessment (and I can kind of see why, with certain songs... so does this mean I actually agree? Argh.). I have no doubt that it still was her -- but it probably an over-exaggerated effort on her part to overcompensate for her insecurity.

But she is in no way disowning it as a piece of work -- it's just not a "true" debut. It's still an important part of her growth as an artist. It's just this time it's more sincere... Or maybe this quote isn't the whole story. Someone needs to ask her. I'll probably send her an e-mail myself sometime...

And "You'll Die Right Along With Utada in Her 25th Thread" is pure thread-titling fail. UR DOIN IT RONG. TRY HARDER. (Though I must say "She's Got Us Oooooooing at Her Tadaaaaa(s) in her 25th Thread" contains a bit of win).

Last edited by dreamcrushed; 4th February 2009 at 03:45 AM.
Old 4th February 2009, 03:35 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Melody.? That list automatically became a joke once I saw her name.

Old 4th February 2009, 03:36 AM
rainy day Initiate

I just hope they at least use proper grammar. Lol.
Old 4th February 2009, 03:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kang daesung View Post
Melody.? That list automatically became a joke once I saw her name.
OMG. Don't talk about melody. like that ok. She's a great artist.
Old 4th February 2009, 03:57 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

It's probably because she was the host. She's good but I'm sure being the host helped(and there's nothing wrong with that). ;P
Old 4th February 2009, 03:59 AM
Greatful days Initiate

WOW.

Can you say news overload? haha. This is so exciting! I wasn't really that internet savy around the time of EXODUS's release so I didn't get to experience all the slowly coming in news and stuff the first time.

I really like the album title. I'm surprised at how lengthy it is compared to her usual one or two word titles. The new tracks sound really promising too. I'm so curious now, it's killing me. xD
Old 4th February 2009, 04:05 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcrushed View Post
ROFL. They didn't whitewash it from her discography! She felt that "This Is The One" is her true debut (which has apparently hurt someone so much at JPM that he needed to call her a "sellout-hooker"). But she also said that Exodus represents "thickest color" of herself. Yet, in that "About Utada" essay, she said that felt so insecure and too "try-hard" and gimmicky with the songs on Exodus. I disagree, but I know many people agree with her on this current assessment (and I can kind of see why, with certain songs... so does this mean I actually agree? Argh.). I have no doubt that it still was her -- but it probably an over-exaggerated effort on her part to overcompensate for her insecurity.

But she is in no way disowning it as a piece of work -- it's just not a "true" debut. It's still an important part of her growth as an artist. It's just this time it's more sincere... Or maybe this quote isn't the whole story. Someone needs to ask her. I'll probably send her an e-mail myself sometime...

And "You'll Die Right Along With Utada in Her 25th Thread" is pure thread-titling fail. UR DOIN IT RONG. TRY HARDER. (Though I must say "She's Got Us Oooooooing at Her Tadaaaaa(s) in her 25th Thread" contains a bit of win).
Yeah, I read that MySpace Biography as well. But until today, there was practically no mention of "Exodus" promotion wise this time around. I still consider it an important Album of hers and deserving of recognition. Oh well.

Awww really. I like the Dying one. It's different. Might be a little "Dark", but this is the women who writes songs about death and looks forward to it and just released a song title that translates into "I Die"/"I'm Dying". Hmmm.......

But hey, at least I did produce a "bit of win".

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 4th February 2009, 04:39 AM
BEST Initiate

U.Blog
Quote:
Ningin has just posted part 1 of an interview with Utada regarding her upcoming album, “This Is The One.” Some interesting facts regarding the album:

-6 tracks are produced by Stargate, 4 by Tricky Stewart.

-She wanted to work with producers who were more “track makers” than producers, who could build material to bring out the character of the artist. Hence no big name producers like Timbaland this time around.
A little disappointed that she didn't work on any tracks all by herself. At least this means no Prisoner of Love english version, or Simple and Clean, or Sanctuary. All new tracks. Maybe no interlude either.

Last edited by Sundae; 4th February 2009 at 04:44 AM.
Old 4th February 2009, 04:44 AM
Greatful days Initiate

You Beat Me To It! Now I know how it feels. >:-(

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 4th February 2009, 04:47 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:

Yeah, I read that MySpace Biography as well. But until today, there was practically no mention of "Exodus" promotion wise this time around. I still consider it an important Album of hers and deserving of recognition. Oh well.

I do too.

Quote:
Awww really. I like the Dying one. It's different. Might be a little "Dark", but this is the women who writes songs about death and looks forward to it and just released a song title that translates into "I Die"/"I'm Dying". Hmmm.......

But hey, at least I did produce a "bit of win".
I see... People have already taken the liberty to assume that it's a love song (me muero por ti). Whatevs.

And Sundae beat me to the U.Blog post! The Ningin interview is unintentionally hilarious. Poor David, shocked by the real world. And bless his little heart for his attempt to get her to promise him that the rest of "This is the One" would not be similar to Come Back To Me with his awkward hinting around. Part 2 will probably be a riot, too. I don't know why you're disappointed, Sundae. It was in the press release and the "About Utada" essay that she worked with them on all the tracks. Denial?

Ahh, I can see the flame wars now... What a sight to behold.

Last edited by dreamcrushed; 4th February 2009 at 04:49 AM.
Old 4th February 2009, 04:59 AM
BEST Initiate

lol Reread what I typed. I said ALL BY HERSELF. As in she was the main influence behind the track. With Exodus, she worked with Timberland but her influence was still heard. I thought it would be similar here. Working beside them but instead she's taking a back seat on this one. Not letting her sound thru. Not a bad thing considering what she's trying to achieve. I still like CBtM so not that disappointed about it.
Old 4th February 2009, 05:07 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
I see... People have already taken the liberty to assume that it's a love song (me muero por ti). Whatevs.
Well what song nowadays isn't a love song really.

Quote:
And Sundae beat me to the U.Blog post! The Ningin interview is unintentionally hilarious. Poor David, shocked by the real world. And bless his little heart for his attempt to get her to promise him that the rest of "This is the One" would not be similar to Come Back To Me with his awkward hinting around. Part 2 will probably be a riot, too. I don't know why you're disappointed, Sundae. It was in the press release and the "About Utada" essay that she worked with them on all the tracks. Denial?

Ahh, I can see the flame wars now... What a sight to behold.
HAHA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
lol Reread what I typed. I said ALL BY HERSELF. As in she was the main influence behind the track. With Exodus, she worked with Timberland but her influence was still heard. I thought it would be similar here. Working beside them but instead she's taking a back seat on this one. Not letting her sound thru. Not a bad thing considering what she's trying to achieve. I still like CBtM so not that disappointed about it.
Isn't that the other way around? She said THEY took a backseat and that she was much more involved and got to make it sound like her opposed to when she worked with Timbaland and it sounded like him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Closed Thread

Tags
come back to me, fyi, hikki, new album, on and on, taking my money back, this is the one, utada, utada hikaru