Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ information and covers [V] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th July 2009, 07:25 AM
Over Initiate

If I was buying the single, I wouldn't cancel my order just because the covers are fugly. That's stupid.

FacebookLast.fm TwitterTumblr

Old 19th July 2009, 07:26 AM
BALLAD Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
people canceling their preorder is just dumb (sorry, but its true)

u can't make decisions in life because of 2 stupid covers lol
i so agree with you.

i would understand if they cancel because they don't like the song or pv, but because of a cover???
at least wait till the pv is out to decide

My Instagram

Old 19th July 2009, 07:29 AM
still alone Initiate

Somwtimes the themes of the live performances seem to be more connected to the song than the pvs or the covers are.
I can't wait to see Sunrise performed~!

♫set by ownsarai♫
☆We are One, A World is One☆
♥ayu i love you with MY ALL♥

Old 19th July 2009, 07:30 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Location: In a grassy field of trees and light capturing butterflies
@ Rikkuchii I'm not bi-polar! But I WILL stand up for what I think is right!
And I usually am so I don't have to worry ^_^* But I digress....

@Nippon If you cant see that ranting and raving I did was because I'm sick of ayu noobs complaining then your blind! BUT I still love you!! On a side note! YAY!!! A stick!!!! what am I a dog? >_>.....Next time come with a reason you would LIKE to piss me off instead of your poor attempts at it! I'm human, I get Angry, I move on, the world keeps on a' spinnin'! you obviously didn't move on! That's okay! I forgive you for your infantile nature!! ^_^* *kisses*
Old 19th July 2009, 07:32 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

^yeah, canceling because of covers is really selfish. as if ayu can please everyone all the time. do i love the covers? not really. but being all "i don't like them so i'm canceling!!!!" is stupid. vogue's cover is ugly, evolution is sooo tacky, (m)u cd only is horrid, yet, they were still purchased by people.

i think this is just a case of people who think not buying it is making a statement. it's not. you obviously only like ayu for her image if you're only buying her things for the covers. lyrics, musical arrangement--those are things to not buy things over.

and as a side note: if you saw a cd with an AMAZING COVER, but the song was sucky, would you buy it? If it had an amazing cover but you have no idea what the song sounds like/who the artist is, would you buy it?

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 19th July 2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 19th July 2009, 07:37 AM
Dolls Initiate

Oh...
Hope they will change the covers...
She really looks like shakira there... LOL
Old 19th July 2009, 07:45 AM
Dolls Initiate

People should get their money's worth, and the covers are ultimetly part of the product, so it isn't selfish not to get them. It's personal taste.
Old 19th July 2009, 07:45 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
and as a side note: if you saw a cd with an AMAZING COVER, but the song was sucky, would you buy it? If it had an amazing cover but you have no idea what the song sounds like/who the artist is, would you buy it?
I never cancelled an album because of the cover.. but I did buy a cd with an amazing cover.. lol --> RAINBOW. Really, now I kinda like the album, but back then I bought the album simply because ayu looked stunning on the cover. Ahh you do bring back my old memory .
Old 19th July 2009, 07:46 AM
glitter Initiate

I'm sure if the pvs are good and sunset is good people will change their minds once again and decide to buy the single (pffft)
Old 19th July 2009, 07:47 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
^yeah, canceling because of covers is really selfish. as if ayu can please everyone all the time. do i love the covers? not really. but being all "i don't like them so i'm canceling!!!!" is stupid. vogue's cover is ugly, evolution is sooo tacky, (m)u cd only is horrid, yet, they were still purchased by people.

i think this is just a case of people who think not buying it is making a statement. it's not. you obviously only like ayu for her image if you're only buying her things for the covers. lyrics, musical arrangement--those are things to not buy things over.

Everything you said was excellent! I may think the covers are horrendous but to cancel my order JUST b/c of that!! Its the MUSIC that counts here people! Even IF the covers make your EYE BLEED!! @_@!
Old 19th July 2009, 07:52 AM
until that Day… Initiate

at least, i'm going to buy the OS version... is that selfish as well?
since Japan version is the way too expensive for me to buy, but with those covers... i just can't buy it.. at least i still support her to buy her original stuff even though i can't support her on Oricon chart...

it's people's rights of not to buy the single/album if the covers are not good.. i still love the song no matter what, but still... i don't want to pay so much for the covers like that... even though Ayu looks pretty hot there..sometimes we can be disappointed too..we can't always love all her works.. and i don't hate her because she has worse covers...

covers are one of the elements that also attract ppl to buy the singles/albums....there are many people who buy the singles/albums based on the covers even they have never heard the songs yet, if not why artists want to create covers??? why they want to have awesome concepts for their singles'/albums' covers, if covers don't matter??

*peace*
Old 19th July 2009, 08:00 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

^ your not wrong to cancel b/c its too expensive AND you don't like the covers! I was talking about people who cancel and intend to not buy it COMPLETELY!! Dont worry! your okay!! Well... ANY Jaejoong lover is okay in MY book!!
Old 19th July 2009, 08:00 AM
independent Initiate

@catcher_inthelight: Will u let it rest? Thank u .

I'm getting sick of the capital letters.

Obviously a good cover always helps. I have bought stuff that is completely useless but looks awesome lol.

But, as i said before, canceling a single/album just for its cover is ridiculous. Especially when u can switch covers so easily. I did that with my dvd of the Little Mermaid . The cover used for latin america was hideous

@AyUmIXx: i don't think buying the OS version is selfish at all. U are supporting the artist u like and that's what matters. Not all of us can afford japanese versions.

I'm glad u're not one of those who won't buy it at all "just for the covers".
Old 19th July 2009, 08:02 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Well, I think I speak for any Ayu-fan affected by the new worldwide recession by saying:

If it isn't pretty, it ain't worth the $30 I have to pay just to have it!

If I'm gonna spend more than 20 bucks on something it sure as hell better look like it's worth EXACTLY what I paid for it. But I guess *wealthier* Ayu fans who get to pre-order whatever the hell they want don't understand the value of middle-class money these days.

With that being said, why buy something you don't like? If you don't like the first track off the single (leaving only TWO other songs, one of which is a MASHUP) and the cover looks like crap to you, why would a person even waste their money on it. Or rather, why should a person waste their money on it?

People say oh, you shouldn't cancel your preorders just because the cover doesn't look good to you, but you know what---You aren't them and they aren't you.

People have a mind of their own---they can do whatever the hell they want. If somebody wants to buy the new Ayu single and throw it straight into their fireplace because they think it's a piece of ****---guess what? It is theirs to DESTROY! The same goes for the collector who's just buying it to add to their collection of Ayu-merchendise. They'll treasure it as if it were Evolution ~part II~ anyway. It is theirs to TREASURE. If someone else wants to cancel their preorder because they don't want to do that overdramatic BS, guess what? It's their money to SAVE on something else they might want.

*sorries...*

Just had to get that off my chest tonight. All this fighting over Ayu is really bringing me back to AHS for all the wrong reasons...But hey, let's fight over Oompa-Ayu some more. ^_^
Old 19th July 2009, 08:03 AM
glitter Initiate

is not about money, is about how weak can people be when its time to take a decision
Old 19th July 2009, 08:05 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

well what if there were people who like, didn't like the song and were gonna buy it, just because they like ayu...

and then the covers came out, and they're this fugly, so they decided not to.

But I don't know...there are actually a lot of releases that I like just because of the covers...like Blue Bird. I don't really care about the single...I had it anyway.

Or Black Cherry...I just want to make nice scans.

Anyway...you never really know someone's motive for buying things...so...whatever.

Also, some people just don't really care about supporting Ayu. Not to mention the fact that a lot of our orders don't really count anyway.

I agree with Aisha Angel a bit. Japanese CDs are really expensive for me...I would be extremely turned off if the product was sub-par...which imo it is...but that's just my opinion.

To other people, it's worth it. To each his own.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 19th July 2009, 08:07 AM
until that Day… Initiate

.....and sometimes... i have some ayu's fans-friends who also don't buy the albums/singles just because they think their covers are bad, i never say they're stupid or whatever.. i just think they have the rights of not to buy it... it's their money they're thinking about.. so i guess there's nothing wrong with it..

i'll be angry if some ppl who are just because of covers don't like Ayu COMPETELY, quit of being her fans..that's worse than the ones who don't want to buy but still continue of being Ayu's fans.. (but still, we can't stop that too...., right?)

*piece again~* it's just all back to the individuals..it's their own money~~
Old 19th July 2009, 08:09 AM
independent Initiate

I expected the covers to look better but whatever I'll buy the single anyways.

Old 19th July 2009, 08:10 AM
independent Initiate

@Aisha_Angel: i completely agree with u .

But, what i meant is that i think it's stupid to not buy a single when u like the songs but don't like the covers.

Covers are just a plus imo.

And like i said, if u really don't like the covers u can always switch them.

As long as u like the songs and have the money to support that artist, i think covers shouldn't matter.
Old 19th July 2009, 08:12 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
is not about money, is about how weak can people be when its time to take a decision
At the end of the day, the money is a huge factor. If someone doesn't like an aspect of a product, and they choose to not buy it, it doesn't mean that they have weak decision making skills. Especially now when lots of people simply don't have 30 dollars to spend on a CD when the money from it could be put towards something more important like a bill or food. It's their money and they will do what they want with it. I certainly wouldn't go and spend money on something if it didn't meet my expectations, just to satisfy the manufacturer or artist.

Lucky for me, my birthday is next week, and as a present, my friend is preordering the CD for me so I can get it once we get back to college. Also, I happen to like the covers and song, so that's a plus lol.

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, information, single, sunrise / sunset