[News] Step by step PV Full version - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 8th July 2015, 07:37 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

I really like this pv. Such a nice concept and the acting was very on point. Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
What is this about? When did this happen?
From ''A ONE'' promotional interview:

ayu: I realized during rehearsals for the Countdown live that I had been running away.
I think I said to you before when I started dividing my time between Japan and overseas how I wanted to keep my private life and work separate?
It makes me laugh to even say it now! Like that was ever going to be an option…
I tried to run away but I couldn’t, not really. And do you know what? Eventually I realized I didn’t even want to.
It’s not about where I am or who I’m with: I am still me, and this is still my life. So I decided to stop running away.
The Countdown Live concert came from having made peace with that.
That was when a lot of things became clear, and I rediscovered a certain intuitiveness and confidence.

Also Ayu herself stated in a recent TA message:

"Last year, I left Japan to escape from all of that.

Then I returned from L.A. with a new sense of purpose, and began the Midnight Circus at last year's Countdown Live.''

Set made by Mary-Tina. Thank you!
Old 8th July 2015, 07:48 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumiAi View Post
I think we all know that Ayu didn't really break free of Destiny
Here's my theory, in the last scene where she lets go of the red string, her feet are no longer shown. I think she actually cuts her foot off in order to be able to remove the string.
It could symbolize a whole lot of things, like how even without a foot she can still run, or, butterflies, like the one shown, can fly with their wings they don't need feet, Implying that Ayu's foot was really just holding her back.
CUTS?!?!! That a little too brutal...scary...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 8th July 2015, 07:53 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

I truely love the pv. Very conceptual and gorgeous too. Though, I still stick to my opinion it was quite depressing comparing to the upliftig upbeat song. But it has nice results. I am happy.
Old 8th July 2015, 08:30 AM
Lelio Protector

PV is actually great, the message is very uplifting.
Here is hoping for less suicides in Japan.
Old 8th July 2015, 09:15 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Loving the video.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 8th July 2015, 12:28 PM
Sky high Protector

The pv is great. Here is my little and quick interpretation:

The actresses symbolize different sorrows that Ayu spent in her life (maybe it's why they're japaneses) but also the different sadnesses and the stress that any woman can experience in her life.

1) The student : we all know that Ayu had a bad time when she was at school. It's one of the reason for which she left it. It's why I think it can be related to Ayu too even if the girl stays in the class at the end of the pv. When you're at school you have to succeed. We also know that the pressure in japanese schools is really big.

2) The hairdresser is the sorrow of love. When you are with someone everything isn't pink. Especially if the man is married to another one. It reminds me the story with Maro who wasn't divorce when he was with Ayu and her TA message in which she used the word deceived after her break-up.

3) The teacher is about the work. Ayu is a workaholic but several time she expressed her desire to quit her career. She also had a lot of hard time because of stress and the lack of freedom.

4) the current Ayu. Even if she seems more happy, even if she has more freedom in a career now there is always a lot of pressure due to others and the society.

The life is a long battle but don't let others decide for yourself. If the life is cruel, the life can be beautiful too. Get the courage to fight against the fate and to reach a better world.

The butterfly isn't free at the end of the pv. It could be a metaphor of the war against the life. When you win a battle, it doens't mean that you win the war because as you live with others there are always waits, stress, pressure, etc.
Old 8th July 2015, 12:32 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post

The actresses symbolize different sorrows that Ayu spent in her life (maybe it's why they're japaneses) but also the different sadnesses and the stress that any woman can experience in her life.

1) The student : we all know that Ayu had a bad time when she was at school. It's one of the reason for which she left it. It's why I think it can be related to Ayu too even if the girl stays in the class at the end of the pv. When you're at school you have to succeed. We also know that the pressure in japanese schools is really big.

2) The hairdresser is the sorrow of love. When you are with someone everything isn't pink. Especially if the man is married to another one. It reminds me the story with Maro who wasn't divorce when he was with Ayu and her TA message in which she used the word deceived after her break-up.

3) The teacher is about the work. Ayu is a workaholic but several time she expressed her desire to quit her career. She also had a lot of hard time because of stress and the lack of freedom.

4) the current Ayu. Even if she seems more happy, even if she has more freedom in a career now there is always a lot of pressure due to others and the society.

The life is a long battle but don't let others decide for yourself. If the life is cruel, the life can be beautiful too. Get the courage to fight against the fate and to reach a better world.

The butterfly isn't free at the end of the pv. It could be a metaphor of the war against the life. When you win a battle, it doens't mean that you win the war because as you live with others there are always waits, stress, pressure, etc.
love ur interpretation the Maro part suddenly is wow
Old 8th July 2015, 12:54 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Here's my theory, in the last scene where she lets go of the red string, her feet are no longer shown. I think she actually cuts her foot off in order to be able to remove the string.
It could symbolize a whole lot of things, like how even without a foot she can still run, or, butterflies, like the one shown, can fly with their wings they don't need feet, Implying that Ayu's foot was really just holding her back.
LOL WHAT.

Quote:

i think that makes perfect sense! actually all interpretations people here left makes perfect sense. Yours s a little bit more difficult to see. And i also have to add that maybe the schoolgirl staying in the class reflects of what Ayu said in the press con for a-nation in Singapore, that her only regret is not finishing school and how she encourages everyone to try and keep going. Maybe by that little detail in the pv she's saying exactly that, that a part of her would now try to do her best and get through with it.
So basically when all the parts of her in life made peace with themselves and let go, she became free too.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 8th July 2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 8th July 2015, 01:04 PM
Who... Initiate

I enjoyed the PV very much! It seemed to be very meaningful
and I love reading users interpretations for the video!
Yoake's view of the PV is really interesting!
Old 8th July 2015, 01:44 PM
Far away Initiate

Yoake, you've made a great interpretation of the PV! I read a similar interpretation by Chinese fans, though yours are more detailed and well-written
Old 8th July 2015, 01:49 PM
independent Initiate

I had the exact same thought Yoake. I felt like each scenario was something Ayu had to deal with. I really enjoyed the PV overall. It's uplifting, optimistic, and hopeful. Just a few more weeks I hate that this is coming out in August. By the time the album sinks in summer is pretty much over lol
Old 8th July 2015, 02:32 PM
SCAR Initiate

I teared up a bit.
Old 8th July 2015, 02:41 PM
Dolls Initiate

The pv is nice.
Old 8th July 2015, 03:20 PM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:

wow i love ur interpretation!
all those women in the PV could mean ayu herself.
i love the PV more now
Old 8th July 2015, 04:16 PM
too late Initiate

part of Me, Angel, Merry-go-round, Step by step are the PVs that make me think about so much...
Love Ayu more and more...
I still wait for Summer diary and Sayonara PV even though the previews from some AHSers are negative ....
Old 8th July 2015, 05:27 PM
BEST Initiate

Imagine if the red threads were on their wrists rather than their ankles.
Old 8th July 2015, 05:48 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukitora View Post
Imagine if the red threads were on their wrists rather than their ankles.
The red thread on the wrist is symbol of the fated love as I believe.
Old 8th July 2015, 05:52 PM
Because of You Initiate

and since none knows what they were tied to, in the end it would still have the same meaning lol breaking free not from something in this case, but from someone and saying fated love F.U. xD
Old 8th July 2015, 07:23 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
please make more theories!!
Old 10th July 2015, 11:38 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
i think that makes perfect sense! actually all interpretations people here left makes perfect sense. Yours s a little bit more difficult to see. And i also have to add that maybe the schoolgirl staying in the class reflects of what Ayu said in the press con for a-nation in Singapore, that her only regret is not finishing school and how she encourages everyone to try and keep going. Maybe by that little detail in the pv she's saying exactly that, that a part of her would now try to do her best and get through with it.
So basically when all the parts of her in life made peace with themselves and let go, she became free too.
Nice addition! I haven't thought about that at all.

Tags
sixxxxxx, step by step