[News] New Album TROUBLE on 15th August - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2018, 04:35 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
The cover has some ayu-mi-x first album mix with ayu-mi-x 5 vibes. A bit techno vibes.

It also tells a story with her expression. The title under her eyes her hands on her deaf ear = a message to us. Her eyes got trouble lately? I hope not..
I wished they titled the title TROUBLE vertically to REALLY look like the ayu-mi-x cover and also a teardrop
and to add some aesthetics, I do wished the word was glitched...to make it look like a modern rendition of a teardrop
Old 23rd July 2018, 04:50 AM
still alone Initiate

I also like the cover. It feels like a 90s throwback to me. Plus A Song is Born. To me it looks like she has her hand to her cheek or jaw, not her ear.
After seeing the covers and knowing some of the songs that will be included, I don't see how any of this stuff will relate to the title "Trouble".
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:06 AM
poker face Initiate

If that cover is true, it looks like going into a $5 photobooth. It's not even worth a digital single cover. (the photographer is the director of mirrorcle world, green, lady dynamite, sparkle)

It's a wise move to include Live DVD/BD into albums given that her sales is pathetic. This saves DVD/BD printing and promo costs, plus her dvd/bds won't even make it to the charts anyway.

But the hidden rip-off trick is repelling.
Given that the price of 10k yen is quite standard for a cd + live bd purchased separately, they're making fans pay 20k yen for 2 cd + 2 live bd, of which 1 cd is repetitive.
This means they're securing our money of 2 live bds plus a single and a rip-off of 2000yen for nothing, all under the name of a "NEW ALBUM", which it's merely a mini album with old songs.

A cheapskate move we also see is only letting physical shops sell CD only versions. Not placing all versions in shops means less shelf cost, and they don't have to pay commission for cd sales, and no discounted prices on HMV/Amazon Japan. (meaning they're earning a full standard price all for themselves)
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:12 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
What is the point of doing 2 versions of CD only if it is the same songs? If in 2 years she only had the desire to write 3 songs... she is truly lacking inspiration.

Also what kind of marketing is this? I'm a not a pro at marketing, but I think the joke would have tasted better if they decided to include those 5 songs as extra on a long due A best 3. The timing is good and the opportunity was there, it would have both fits with the 20 years and just the beginning tour... and it could have justified the price of the bundle because 20,000 yens for 5 songs mini that is ridiculous.
She has released 10 versions of "A", 5 versions of "H", A BEST with 6 different covers and A BALLADS with 4 different covers - all with the same content anyway... it's nothing new.
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:14 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
her dvd/bds won't even make it to the charts anyway.
Exactly! Since her latest DVD totally didn't break the top 5 anyway! While her sales might not be what they once were, let's not exaggerate!

Old 23rd July 2018, 05:25 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
It's so bizarre to build a new tour around 5 songs
She's been touring with 2 new songs for 2 years, so why not, if people are coming anyway?

I'm not disappointed in the new release for 2 reasons: 1) she has a huge catalogue of songs, I'm surprised she can still come up with words for new songs. I mean there has to be a point when you have said it all. So I feel good that she's still releasing something every once in a while.
2) I don't have to buy it.

As for leaking demo versions, Ayu, can you please make it a habit?
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:27 AM
Daybreak Guardian

Okay, I really like that cover. It’s giving me some “A song is born” vibes and that’s awesome. I’m still salty about everything else though lol.
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:37 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
She's been touring with 2 new songs for 2 years, so why not, if people are coming anyway?
Yes, but those tours were standalone by themselves where I mean in this situation the tour is based off an album.
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:48 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'm confused. Is it going to be two albums with five songs each? 1,944 yen and five songs sound so dumb for an album, or what is Ayu trying to do - split up an album into two mini-albums or something???

(Not to mention Perfume is releasing an album on the same day as well, and the debate on who's getting #1 on that week is another discussion.)
Old 23rd July 2018, 05:48 AM
Paper Doll Protector

I'm ok with this.
Old 23rd July 2018, 06:11 AM
Who... Initiate

It seems like she’s releasing one piece of the cover every two hours into her IG. it would be nice if we got the track list too. I’m super excited for this.
Old 23rd July 2018, 06:31 AM
Far away Initiate

I just noticed they totally ignored CDL 16-17
Old 23rd July 2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
I'm confused. Is it going to be two albums with five songs each? 1,944 yen and five songs sound so dumb for an album, or what is Ayu trying to do - split up an album into two mini-albums or something???

(Not to mention Perfume is releasing an album on the same day as well, and the debate on who's getting #1 on that week is another discussion.)
No, it seems it's just a mini with five songs and two different jacket covers. Two of the songs will be WORDS and WATQ.
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:02 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Nothing about this release makes any sense. If you're only going to have 3 new songs, why not make it a single? You could even add the two released songs as bonus tracks or something. The only thing I'm really interested in with this release are the DVD's (which I guess is the point?)
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:07 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I don't think singles are feasible for Ayu anymore. I believe all of Ayu's future new songs will come in an album, but then again, how well will it perform compared to today's popular artists...
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:12 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
So, after 2 years and 2 ok songs, she just gives us 3 new songs and, once again, pays alterna dust...

x2

I'm so not buying any special edition of this "mini album with desperation included". If I feel nice I might get the CD version. Maybe.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:25 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Is it really confirmed that both CD will be the same? I actually think you guys began to whine too early.
For me it looks like new marketing strategy. How to boost sales? Split album in two parts and sale them separately.
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:25 AM
End of the World Initiate

Cover looking good from the small preview! Reminds me of the first ayu-mi-x. Very fitting for the 20th anniversary.
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:27 AM
TO BE Initiate

Just half of her face on the cover. Hmm. Maybe there will be two mini albums. Another album with the other half of her face.
Old 23rd July 2018, 07:54 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
Was this not posted yet? One of the album covers:

YAS BITCH YAS BITCH YAS BITCH... SLAY.

Wait.
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble