[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~ - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2018, 10:19 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linza-mo View Post
The cheering campain is a really good idea !
Maybe something that we will never throw her away and the future is always bright, referring to The way I am lyrics
Maybe we could name it with Hashtag TheWayWeAre

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 30th July 2018, 11:47 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Girl get shit on in public everytime she misses any note, social media is filled up with comments about her voice deterioration, is progressivelly getting more and more deaf and when she starts singing refrained and calculated and focused on hitting every single note "it must be Timmy's fault".

Ok...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 30th July 2018, 12:10 PM
I am... Initiate

^lol Some people are never satisfied (though they might not always be the same person).

I've read some of the comments on her FNS performance on youtube, and it's the same awful **** every time. "She's fat." "She looks like a prowrestler. lol" "She should wear something age-appropriate." "Namie is so thin, but she's so fat." "She should have retired in good style, like Namie." "Why did she put her chin on the dancers hand? That's disgusting."
I don't know how much of that gets to her, but something to cheer her up would be nice.

On another note, I don't know if anyone brought it up, but could the hand on the LE of TROUBLE be the same as this?
https://twitter.com/ayu_19980408/sta...89030637015040

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 30th July 2018, 12:17 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
Yeah the comparison with Namie Amuro are tiresome...

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 30th July 2018, 12:22 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
On another note, I don't know if anyone brought it up, but could the hand on the LE of TROUBLE be the same as this?
I do not think so, this hand is more probably one of her best friends, you can see that this is a feminine hand with long nails.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 30th July 2018, 12:40 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
I do not think so, this hand is more probably one of her best friends, you can see that this is a feminine hand with long nails.
Looks like a male hand to me, though. Compare it to her hand. And guitar players, for example, happen to grow their nails longer.
Though there was never any proper announcement and the post is a year old now, so I don't know what she wanted to tell us. If anything.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 30th July 2018, 02:17 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^when did she get divorced from that doctor-guy?
Old 30th July 2018, 02:19 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
^when did she get divorced from that doctor-guy?
They separated in 2016, not sure if the divorce is finalized by now though.
Old 30th July 2018, 02:41 PM
opening Run Initiate

I don't see lack of confidence in her recent TV lives, especially considering they were not broadcast live, so she could try again if she failed. She was nervous on LINE LIVE though, because she wanted to nail it.
As for haters' messages, she already replied on Twitter "don't make me laugh" and let's not forget about "WARNING". I don't think she's sad or something these days.
Old 30th July 2018, 02:50 PM
too late Initiate

What the hell, people...

I could see her overflowing emotions during LINE LIVE, she was nervous but really devoted to that.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 30th July 2018, 03:09 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I don't see lack of confidence in her recent TV lives, especially considering they were not broadcast live, so she could try again if she failed. She was nervous on LINE LIVE though, because she wanted to nail it.
As for haters' messages, she already replied on Twitter "don't make me laugh" and let's not forget about "WARNING". I don't think she's sad or something these days.
I don't think she looks confortable during the FNS live

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 30th July 2018, 05:19 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Her voice has changed to deeper over years. It is natural and normal.
Mariah Carey could not sing her old songs now. However, she changed some of her songs to hit her current voice in many of her lives. And her new songs are more suitable for her current voice.
While agree that age generally does give women deeper voices, I actually think that Ayu's natural voice was a bit deeper to begin with. It was her super high head voice at the beginning of her career that was unnatural. If you go all the way back to her Idol on Stage lives or some of the songs on Nothing from Nothing, her natural tone seems to sit a lot easier in lower notes. It was just the thing at the time in Jpop that everyone needed to be singing unnaturally high for their ranges (ahem, Globe etc.).
Old 30th July 2018, 05:55 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
Maybe something that we will never throw her away and the future is always bright, referring to The way I am lyrics
Maybe we could name it with Hashtag TheWayWeAre
Ohhh this is a cool idea!!
Old 30th July 2018, 06:25 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
^lol Some people are never satisfied (though they might not always be the same person).

I've read some of the comments on her FNS performance on youtube, and it's the same awful **** every time. "She's fat." "She looks like a prowrestler. lol" "She should wear something age-appropriate." "Namie is so thin, but she's so fat." "She should have retired in good style, like Namie." "Why did she put her chin on the dancers hand? That's disgusting."
I don't know how much of that gets to her, but something to cheer her up would be nice.

Next up, Ayu posts her cucumber and tofu salads and drops 10 lbs.

Internet: We miss her pigging out!
Old 30th July 2018, 06:44 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Full performance:
She sounds awesome in this, and the way they did it is so cool too!

You know, that's one thing that Japan annoys me with - being horribly judgmental.... And the constant putting Ayu against Namie is so.... old now. They clearly are brought up on the being like everyone else basis, following the rules etc., so i guess that makes sense, but i mean the world including JAPAN is not in mid 50s anymore....
Old 30th July 2018, 07:13 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

It's not like people in the west are much better and judge celebrities much less
Old 30th July 2018, 07:19 PM

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that the hate on the internet for Ayu has something to do with Japanese culture. Britney for example gets similiar hate posts since basically 15 years now.
I think the answer to why those people make those comments, that are mostly about their bodies and per se horrible voices is simple: they are women. The world has a lot of hate for every female who dares to not look as fuckable as she could and furthermore people want from both that they sing with a voice that isn't their natural tone at all but makes them sound more like young girls, so that's basically the first reason again. Since somehow only women who look and sound like girls are fuckable and therefor worth noticing and allowed to take up space, but not women who passed 30 and dare to be almost 40.
This is a culture we all grew up with. People here constantly also comment on how she looked bloated, fat in a paticular dress or whatever. Even though they are not directly bashing her and don't want to be mean or something, it's part of a culture in which it's totally fair game to analyse women's bodies and to comment on them. We honestly don't need to wonder, that if we think we have the right to analyse Ayu's body and to comment on it, that people who don't like her basically do the same, only without trying to be understanding like members here try to be.
Personally I think we should stop commenting on how her body looks. Because everytime we say she looks hot, we still judge her and automatically "save" this version we like in our brains and need to find an explanation when she doesn't look as we expect her to look. There is no "positive" judgement of women's bodies, because when we judge that this woman is hot we automatically set a standard women have to fulfill.And then the discussions about Ayu having her period or using fillers start.

(Edit: I don't think saying something like "she looks good" or "she looks sexy" is automatically the same as saying "she looks hot". Looking good or sexy can mean a lot of things, whereas there are no two ways of looking hot within celebrity culture and I think there are a lot of damaging iimplications which "looking hot" has for women, because it's way more about physical appearance than about different things like overall style, charisma and so on.)

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 30th July 2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 30th July 2018, 08:15 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

The way I am sounded so nice! It was really cool of Ayu and her team to present the song this way with a cool a cappella version. And the song itself -- Ayu's ear for melody stays on point: I find this song's melody so pretty, natural, tinged with bittersweetness. I get some untitled ~for her~ / untitled for her... story two vibes. I hope the song gets some gorgeous production on the EP (haven't listened to the concert recording yet to get a feeling of the arrangement).

Long live queen of midtempo.
Old 30th July 2018, 08:29 PM
Because of You Initiate

@rainbow_smile , Chibi-chan :
Japanese DO have a bit of a problem though with that sort of stuff. None really says "Britney should retire, she's old, she's a thing of the past" or anything about her "scandals" that happened a while ago over and over again. People tend to forget and move on, but Japan doesn't seem to. I dunno. When it comes to bodies it's probably the same as in the west, but i've had friends who had to deal with this bullshit IRL in Japan, and they are NOT celebrities...I dunno.
Ayu has great figure she always did, and she's a famous lady, so why would she need to dress like a 60 year old if she's not? She's a modern woman that has money in her hands, a business lady who's representing herself and her "product", so i don't see why she can't look like she does.
One thing i don't get is, why i don't hear the same crap about GACKT. That man is in his 40s wearing t-shirts and saggy crotch skinny pants, posing half nude for instagram pics and doing nothing really significant but Japanese don't seem to mind it, at least not that i have heard of anything lol So i sort of don't get this whole thing for Ayu...

Last edited by BlackSilence; 30th July 2018 at 08:34 PM.
Old 30th July 2018, 08:58 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ I saw those kinds of comments for as long as I stanned Britney (which was up until maybe, like, 3 years ago). Obviously they became less frequent when she didn't have as many activities, but people really mocked her when she did have appearances at events/shows and stuff. People did say that she's a thing of the past, that she looks old now, that she gained too much weight, that her smile doesn't look natural, that she doesn't dance as well as she used to. People also constantly judged her for lip syncing all the time.

I'd say the only reason why negative comments about her aren't as prevalent these days is simply because she's irrelevant. Don't celebrities like Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Selena Gomez or Miley Cyrus get hate comments all the time? I've seen negative comments about Halsey too.

AHS members are sometimes just as judgemental about ayu as japanese netizens, and a lot of AHSers aren't from Japan

Last edited by rainbow_smile; 30th July 2018 at 09:29 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble