[A] 2012 Album Annoucement - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th November 2011, 11:58 AM
No way to say Initiate

I woudn't mind reworked classics from PoM too!! It will be like A BEST 3 but so much better *____*

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 15th November 2011, 11:58 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Dance Classes? Wuut??

I REAALLLLYY hope she's not planning to do a K-pop collab again. A lot of Japanese artists are doing it too these days...

Last.fm

Old 15th November 2011, 12:05 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
And the list goes on... she has some really good real rock tracks. About You comes to mind, but that's just one of them.

It's just that she does rock in her own style, not too hard, not too soft, something in the middle, but it's rock
Agreed, though sometimes her rock songs do sound really harder. About You is an amazing example of how Ayu handles alternative rock <3 and it's something she should prolly exploit more. decision has elements of symphonic metal in it and while the PV sounds very poserish the song itself doesn't; at least not to me.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 15th November 2011, 12:07 PM
Two of us Initiate

If I'm not wrong, MY STORY started production 1.5 years before its release as ayu wanted to produce an album that is not rushed like what she has done for RAINBOW. So maybe the new album won't be released that soon, perhaps around March or April when she is gonna tour nationwide to promote the album.

Twitter
| Personal Blog |
Old 15th November 2011, 01:10 PM
until that Day… Initiate

another RnRC-type album will be great. i love that album a lot.
whatever it is, i'm excited for it to come out.
Old 15th November 2011, 01:23 PM
Far away Initiate

Album?! Really?! Woot~ I don't expect it to be this soon~
>,< Looking forward!
Old 15th November 2011, 02:50 PM
still alone Initiate

WOOOT! New ALBUM! CANT WAIT! except i think the filming for the PVs might be for a single, (hopefully I want ayu singles!!!) I hope she does a dancey PV she hasnt done a sexy dance pv like that in a while ! Woot ayu <3

set made my me

Old 15th November 2011, 02:55 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I would like to see album without singles ^^ that means more new songs at once

but I also love singles! because they have bonus stuff, like remixes and orchestra versions
I miss after-Love-songs singles =(
Old 15th November 2011, 03:04 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Yay for a new album in the process =) i hope leslie will be in charge of the cover again. i'm hoping for a jan single before the album. anticipating
Old 15th November 2011, 03:15 PM
No way to say Initiate

I need a single. seriously.

The single means some promotion like TV, CM, mags...

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 15th November 2011, 04:53 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
I need a single. seriously.

The single means some promotion like TV, CM, mags...
Not necessarily, you know how she is about promotion lately.

Hmm.... A new album... I don't have any hopes or desires, I'm sure I'll like it no matter what it is. Ayu never disappoints. Rock, pop, ballads, whatever.
Old 15th November 2011, 04:59 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
idk I know Ayu is totally a rocker chick....but her rock music always seems really contrived to me, and just...more like, wannabe rock
I disagree 100%. I think Ayu's rock songs are some of the best rock songs I have ever heard in my entire effing life. There is nothing better than Ayu rock and every time I get into an Ayu rock mood, all I can think is "damn, nobody does rock quite like Ayu and nobody ever will."
Old 15th November 2011, 05:06 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

i don't think her rock music is bad really, unless it's from MY STORY because her voice was high pitched back then and it was just embarrassing.
but she has done so much of it that songs start to sound similar and it gets boring.
Old 15th November 2011, 05:19 PM
rainy day Initiate

I still disagree. MY STORY had some of the best rock songs ever (GAME, About You) and pre-MY STORY had Because of you which is still amazing.

I think all her rock songs have a something different which I love.

GAME is very intense, mixed with slight electronic sounds.

About You is one of my ultimate favorites. I love all the drums in it. Like something a true band would play.

alterna is unique in itself.

is this LOVE? has some of the best guitar work and production ever. Very heavy.

1 LOVE and the Secret album are very "hard rock" almost like it's influenced more so by classic rock.

Talkin' 2 Myself is bordering metal - the guitar work is the heaviest of any song she has ever had and I love that.

Mirrorcle World is ... well, Mirrorcle World. It's definitely only something Ayu could pull off.

Microphone has a slight gothic influence with the organs and also has very heavy guitar work so it's a mix of something from GUILTY meets something from Secret.

I love all these songs and they are all very unique from one another.

But as far as the album recording in London... I am a bit frightened as I hope it is NOTHING like R'n'R. I will seriously shut myself up in my room and cry for a week straight and then turn that into anger and start throwing things around my apartment and breaking windows. Lol.
Old 15th November 2011, 05:20 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I disagree 100%. I think Ayu's rock songs are some of the best rock songs I have ever heard in my entire effing life. There is nothing better than Ayu rock and every time I get into an Ayu rock mood, all I can think is "damn, nobody does rock quite like Ayu and nobody ever will."
Her rock is rarely all-out rock though. It almost always has some pop overtones. So I think you could call it wannabe in some ways. There's at times heavy influences but she balances them with the arrangement, mix, vocals or melody itself. Exceptions are there but few.

I still love her rock though, I can't think of a single pop singer with better rock in their discography.
Old 15th November 2011, 06:42 PM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I'm sure I'll like it no matter what it is. Ayu never disappoints. Rock, pop, ballads, whatever.
SAME

thanks ownsarai

Old 15th November 2011, 07:18 PM
Voyage Initiate

Last time there were several singles released before an album, I remember seeing many people "complaining" (or stating their opinion) on how there weren't "enough new songs" on the album because there were many single songs on the album.

I think that Ayu releasing an album with no singles prior to it should be taken as a good sign. More new songs for us to enjoy with the release!!

... and I'm hoping for up beat songs, I don't care if they are rock, dance or pop, I just wanna dance to them. I'm tired of all the freaking ballads, it seems that's all she ever does these days.
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 15th November 2011, 07:19 PM
rainy day Initiate

I don't think anyone is complaining about there being no singles. I think everyone is just kinda of in shock and wondering what the strategy is this time around, or why they chose to go this route. It's just very odd and out of the "norm" - but I for sure am not complaining. The more new songs the better!
Old 15th November 2011, 07:35 PM
I am... Initiate

It's not like we'll get more songs that way, we'll just get more songs at a time - and longer periods without songs before the album.
Which could lead to less songs overall in the album era. I honestly doubt an album without singles would be even nearly as long as Love Songs(that album practically filled a whole CD)

But we don't even KNOW if there will be singles or not yet.
Old 15th November 2011, 07:51 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
It's not like we'll get more songs that way, we'll just get more songs at a time - and longer periods without songs before the album.
Which could lead to less songs overall in the album era. I honestly doubt an album without singles would be even nearly as long as Love Songs(that album practically filled a whole CD)

But we don't even KNOW if there will be singles or not yet.
Yes but I tend to judge an album (at least for the first 6 months to a year) based on the new songs alone, not the singles. Once the album is released, I am usually already tired of the singles and the freshness of those songs have worn off. That's why when (miss)understood was released, I felt rather disappointed. Now looking back, I am able to see the album as a whole since it's been years since those singles were released. One reason why I loved Love songs so much was because when the singles were released, I hated them. I couldn't get through MOON in full until the album came out, and I didn't start listening to crossroad or the L single until the first weekend of October. So when Love songs came out, those songs were still fresh and my love for them was technically still at a peak (minus Virgin Road).
Closed Thread