New album 'Colours' out July 2nd - Page 29 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th June 2014, 05:02 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
Geez, the album is now being bashed just because of the PVs

General opinion of the forum:
Colours before PVs release: I LUV IT AYU THANKS GOD YOU'RE RELEASING THIS ALBUM NOW. THIS MUSIC GIVE ME LIFE WAAAAA
Colours after PVs release: GO TO HELL AYU. WTF IS THIS. THIS IS PROBABLY HER WORST ERA OF ALL TIME

I think that concludes that most of us are pretty visually impressed hahaha

Calm down everyone, I still love the musics and I'm here mostly for them.

And well, in regards about having opinions about people who doesn't really know Ayu. This album received a good reception imo, everybody who I send some musics loved one or another, essentially Lelio, Terminal and XOXO. Maybe because it's more mainstream?
I don't know but I think she's on the right direction if she wants to be more popular from now on.
Every album she releases almost everyone in this forum use that comment XD
Old 19th June 2014, 05:28 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

A lot seems to have happened...

I think a lot of the visual aspects of her career (basically PVs though, but photoshoots tend to also end up being a bit iffy) tend to be better when things are produced in Japan. She doesn't really typically have many great PVs after a certain point that are filmed in the US and so on.
Old 19th June 2014, 05:32 AM
too late Initiate

I think It's time for Ayu to change/fire her current director ! Try to look for the new one ! Nowadays, her PVs are bad, I wish she could released the PVs which is beautiful, poet, meaningful as Namie's PVs (let me let you go, Neon light lipstick, STUKI ,...) .
The good songs should have the good PV too !
In this album:
PV Feel the love : 7/10 for its meaning
PV Merry go round : 9/10 for Ayu's beauty, melody and the meaning
PV Lelio : 7.5/10 for the good music and the background
PV Angel : 8/10 for the music and the wings but how boring it is
PV XOXO : 6/10 for the good music, new style and funny scenes but the terrible outfits and over-acted lipping
Old 19th June 2014, 05:40 AM
from your letter Initiate

I think the last one I really loved was Don't look back. Man, that was pure gold. When the other face is revealed my jaw dropped hahaha

I quite liked one and another like Sweet scar and its changing of colors and do it again with the apocalypse going on... but thinking now, the love really stopped at 2010
So, since then I never had high expectations about her PVs, when they're pretty I'm quite satisfied.

PS: when she does filming in overseas I always put my expectation even lower, why Luis Hernandez is even hired? His PVs are always such a boring film when it's something more than 2-minute long

Last edited by jyujiw; 19th June 2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 19th June 2014, 05:55 AM
winding road H-Initiate

OMG, Angel's PV is when a nice idea goes completely wrong, just terrible imo! The beginning looked nice, but then the dancers came and, sorry, I think the dancers randomly dancing around her didn't look nice, they looked comic. And the end is just terribly executed imo. Honestly for me this is the worst pv of this album.

But I enjoyed XOXO, the selfie parody was funny And I like to see her trying to dance, though Ayu dancing on top of a male dancer looked kinda awkward for her...

In the end my favorite pv from this album is definitely merry-go-round.

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, colours