You were... / BALLAD information thread [IV] - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th November 2009, 08:44 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Would it really be such a disaster for her not to get a #1 weekly?
more or less
you know Avex constantly saying "this is Ayu's ###th consecutive number 1 single, and ###th number 1 single in total"
after the 1st week of sales of each single.

Instagram: Jalives

How tired I am of this unbearable distance between us. How I long for the toll of the recess bell. Have you forgotten me? Grown mindless of me? Tell me I am not writing into an abyss or that is what will become of my heart...
Old 13th November 2009, 08:47 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayujarl View Post
more or less
you know Avex constantly saying "this is Ayu's ###th consecutive number 1 single, and ###th number 1 single in total"
after the 1st week of sales of each single.
I am not really sure that AVEX was the one who was saying that, more like Oricon. And I was just wondering what's the general opinion of the people visiting these boards

Imo, it would be nice if she could outsell Masuharu, but I wouldn't freak out if she didn't get a #1. Those streaks are after all something that the record labels take care of and that's not just in Ayu's case. Even B'z and KinKi kids do plan their release dates, as once you're past your prime there is always someone who could outsell you and none of them is obviously an exception.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 13th November 2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 13th November 2009, 08:47 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

It surley whould be nice if she could expand her record, but it´s not needed imho, but whould be nice^^

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 13th November 2009, 09:01 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I am not really sure that AVEX was the one who was saying that, more like Oricon. And I was just wondering what's the general opinion of the people visiting these boards
I remember seeing messages on ayu's official website when she broke Oricon records...like her consecutive streak.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:07 PM
Heartplace Initiate

I also think it would be nice to keep the streak record... I wonder if avex will do sth.... as some of you said if they move one week after it may be in the 2 week = 1 of oricon, and this is also bad for her... and one week before... can Keisuke be dangeroud for her #1??

well I hope they will move it one week before if her #1 streak isn't sure... if not, keep it on the 16th... let's fight!! XDD

No... seriously... I hope they will promote the single much more than with Rule/Sparkle or S/S instead of moving the dates... or make an avex-miracle...

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 13th November 2009, 09:19 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
how is that a blanket? it looks lame and pathetic! i'm kind of glad though since i can't get it
It's not really a photo of the blanket, but of the general design that it'll have.

The site said something like "The design has been released for the fleece blanket!" which explains why it kinda looks like a puny handkerchief. For a blanket though, it is pretty small...

Size comparison with a similar product:

Seems like Japanese fleeces tend to be a lot smaller than the ones here, but it's not like you're spending extra money on it, haha.

Last edited by truehappiness; 13th November 2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:25 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I wait until the covers and songs previews will be out, for order it.
I mean, I love you Ayu but I don't want to waste my money in another crappy single like S/S -LOVE is ALL- (infact I didn't buy it lol)

BTW that guy seems pretty dangerous for her #1 streak o__o!
It will be.. interesting competition, I guess and it would be really bad if she lost her streak as with GUILTY >_<

Old 13th November 2009, 11:12 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Unless her new songs are really good, and there's a lot of promotion, and Ayu's fans are aware that danger lurks with Masaharu Fukuyama that Ayu's fans respond by buying and supporting more, we might be in a dead end here...
Old 14th November 2009, 12:14 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
I hope Avex won't push the single back or forth. Seriously, let's be Ayu up against Fukuyama Masaharu and see what's happening. Who cares if she'll loses her streak?
I'd rather see her taking the No.2 spot with nice sales and great songs than weak sales and a weak single on No.1! Just because there is no competition!
I dislike all this pushing of release dates in general (such cowards). Man, just make good music, that's all what's important.

Speaking of the single, I'd love one of the songs being a similar concept of Duty (the song). It's dark and strong.
yes.this is so true

Old 14th November 2009, 12:28 AM
until that Day… Initiate

hmm i wonder when the covers will be released~
Old 14th November 2009, 12:43 AM
winding road Initiate

I don't think there's anything wrong with pushing it UP, music sooner <3

But I don't want them to push it back Music later isn't good

Old 14th November 2009, 12:44 AM
Initiate

^^ Hah. All this, 'gaaaah omg her streak noooo~ ' And you're just all like, 'so, what about them covers..? '

You know, I will be really sad if Ayu loses her streak... But like I said before, I'd much rather her not be forced to run away from the competition. It's ridiculous, in my opinion. Besides, it's so much more exciting whenever artists actually try to compete for a change.

Many thanks to captain-kawaii123 for specially drawing this chibi for me, and also to ownsarai for creating the beautiful signature.
Old 14th November 2009, 12:47 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ Exactly.

Just catching up here. Wow, so Ayu might actually have a release date with some real competition for once? It's difficult to say what way this one might swing since Fukuyama's sales aren't quite what they used to be either. I for one hope they do not move her release date. For one, all it does is display weakness, like Avex knows her number 1 streak is extremely fragile and they are desperate to hold on to it even if the only way to hold on to it is to put her in weeks with no threats against her. And two, it just makes for a more exciting time overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRos View Post
i dont know who that guy is so i dont care anways
Pretty much one of the most famous males singers in Japan in the last several decades.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 14th November 2009 at 12:51 AM.
Old 14th November 2009, 12:52 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Oh ayu beware O_o

TWICE

Old 14th November 2009, 12:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
For one, all it does is display weakness, like Avex knows her number 1 streak is extremely fragile and two, it just makes for a more exciting time overall.
It displays what they're willing to do to maintain the streak for Ayu more than weakness imo, haha. If you think about it, she's had number one singles for the past 7 years [8 or 9 if Daybreak weren't released, but let's not get into that.] and losing the streak now would be lame, haha. I'm sure B'z/KinKi Kids/etc. try to schedule on days without much competition either to maintain their perfect records too. Fukuyama's single came from nowhere and wasn't even supposed to come out according to PR.

And as for an exciting time, if Masaharu smashes Ayu in the first two days, that's anything but exciting.

Last edited by truehappiness; 14th November 2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old 14th November 2009, 12:55 AM
ayu trance Initiate

i'd rather see avex put some effort into the promotion, but more than that i hope the songs are worth promoting. it seems promising after reading the lyrics and ayu's description of what's to come, but it all remains to be seen. if they're generic ballads with nice lyrics, it won't really matter to me since it's not like i can't speak japanese. and the PVs for each song should be better than both the S/S PVs combined.. just sayin'

i just hope they won't push it back until it's guaranteed that she'll be on top. it's annoying and she might as well not have a streak because it's worthless since she has no actual competition to beat out.
Old 14th November 2009, 12:55 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It displays what they're willing to do to maintain the streak for Ayu more than weakness imo, haha. If you think about it, she's had number one singles for the past 7 years [8 or 9 if Daybreak weren't released, but let's not get into that.] and losing the streak now would be lame, haha. And as for an exciting time, if Masaharu smashes Ayu in the first two days, that's anything but exciting, haha.
Well the one that moves their release date because of competition is the one that is going to appear the weakest. If Ayu loses, no that's not exciting. But if she is able to win, that is certainly much more cause for celebration than celebrating how she usually gets her number 1s these last few years.

For those wondering about comparison: The sales for his 3 most recent singles were as follows: Keshin - 206,803 (2009), Sou ~New Love New World~ (2008) - 178,546, Tokyo ni mo Attanda (2007) - 139,907.

If Ayu has first week sales like Days/Green then she has a shot. Otherwise I would say she is more likely to lose the first week than Fukuyama. (that is unless Fukuyama just doesn't promote this single at all)

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 14th November 2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 14th November 2009, 01:00 AM
sending mail Initiate

aw, i want that fleece blanket for this winter i'll be nice and warm <3.

Old 14th November 2009, 01:12 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
If Ayu has first week sales like Days/Green then she has a shot. Otherwise I would say she is more likely to lose the first week than Fukuyama. (that is unless Fukuyama just doesn't promote this single at all)
Judging from Sunrise's first week (WITH promotion), there doesn't seem to be much hope, imo.

Promotion or no promotion, Fukuyama seems to have this in the bag. He sold 150,000+ ringtones of the main single track in a week according to news reports. His fans are probably going to eat this single up just as quickly. I wonder if record companies generally try to avoid scheduling their heavy hitters around one another to keep the peace, haha.

2008's first weeks definitely fared better. And his album also fared well with casual listeners. [470k+?]

Quote:
2009年
福山 131k

浜崎 95k、75k

2008年
福山 111k

浜崎 146k, 126k

Last edited by truehappiness; 14th November 2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 14th November 2009, 01:14 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUta View Post
aw, i want that fleece blanket for this winter i'll be nice and warm <3.
Yes. I'd actually probably buy the single if regular people got it...

Many thanks to captain-kawaii123 for specially drawing this chibi for me, and also to ownsarai for creating the beautiful signature.
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, tinker bell, you were.../ballad