ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:09 PM
maxikot's Avatar
maxikot maxikot is offline
ever free Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,269
I don't want to sound bitter chantaising and you are entitled to your opinion (plus you being there in person makes you already credible in some way) but there is so much negativity in your post and even this mean comment about the reason for her crying. Considering we got a good amount of positive feedback I will hope that in the end it's a good show. Also, I think it's kind of hard to please everybody.
Was it the first time you were so displeased with her show?
__________________
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - Official Discord server
Accidentally married on forum to Katsuyuki012 since 4th July, 2017

Last edited by maxikot; 7th April 2018 at 10:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:17 PM
snowo snowo is offline
Far away Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,336
sad to see people so disappointed with the first show. I mean, it's a nice setlist but it seems like people were expecting way more.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:19 PM
RealLight's Avatar
RealLight RealLight is offline
appears Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: So Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 1,075
"Seems" is an understatement. We WERE expecting more, it's her 20th anniversary after all.
__________________




|Facebook|Instagram|

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:26 PM
Katsuyuki012's Avatar
Katsuyuki012 Katsuyuki012 is offline
monochrome Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
I don't want to sound bitter chantaising and you are entitled to your opinion (plus you being there in person makes you already credible in some way) but there is so much negativity in your post and even this mean comment about the reason for her crying. Considering we got a good amount of positive feedback I will hope that in the end it's a good show. Also, I think it's kind of hard to please everybody.
Was it the first time you were so displeased with her show?
Couldn't have said it better tbh.
__________________

Signature made by me!

-Accidentally married on forum to maxikot since 4th July, 2017-

~Formerly known as Tio/Tayumi from 4th July, 2016 - 10th January, 2018~


Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 7th April 2018 at 10:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:28 PM
FoxyPinkGirl's Avatar
FoxyPinkGirl FoxyPinkGirl is offline
A Song for XX Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 313
What is your problem Katsuyuki012? Youre such a negative person
__________________
"I don't have dreams. How can I say it? I myself am a dream..." - Ayu

Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:28 PM
polka-dot-jewel's Avatar
polka-dot-jewel polka-dot-jewel is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 2,134
Just because this tour is only between April and July, doesn't mean we don't have until April of next year to continue celebrating her 20th anniversary. Yes, we've seen her go bigger for her 5th, 10th and 15th... Either she has nothing up her sleeves, or she has a lot more planned.

Also, I've never gotten the sense she gets upset because she can, or can't, hit the notes. Obviously her fake crying is fake, but the genuine crying seems done because she's honestly touched by her own words, and really being in the moment.
__________________

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Image Credit: ownsarai (thanks!)

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:29 PM
FoxyPinkGirl's Avatar
FoxyPinkGirl FoxyPinkGirl is offline
A Song for XX Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by polka-dot-jewel View Post
Just because this tour is only between April and July, doesn't mean we don't have until April of next year to continue celebrating her 20th anniversary. Yes, we've seen her go bigger for her 5th, 10th and 15th... Either she has nothing up her sleeves, or she has a lot more planned.

Also, I've never gotten the sense she gets upset because she can, or can't, hit the notes. Obviously her fake crying is fake, but the genuine crying seems done because she's honestly touched by her own words, and really being in the moment.
Im totally with you 100%
__________________
"I don't have dreams. How can I say it? I myself am a dream..." - Ayu

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:32 PM
Katsuyuki012's Avatar
Katsuyuki012 Katsuyuki012 is offline
monochrome Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyPinkGirl View Post
What is your problem Katsuyuki012? You’re such a negative person
Why? I'm negative for agreeing that the TO BE comment was kinda mean? Or because I said that they might as well check the previous thread, which is just a good thing to do cuz it'll answer many questions maybe? Or cuz I do like the stage and setlist?

Obviously I have things I feel negative about as well but I don't know what made you say this thing rn if I had to be honest.
__________________

Signature made by me!

-Accidentally married on forum to maxikot since 4th July, 2017-

~Formerly known as Tio/Tayumi from 4th July, 2016 - 10th January, 2018~


Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 7th April 2018 at 10:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:36 PM
CeReSu's Avatar
CeReSu CeReSu is offline
still alone Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 2,581
I think (and it is my opinion) that when you love someone (here, as a big fan), you always expecting something more.
Ayu is a model for a lot of us, and it is normal we wish for something to remember.

I listen to Ayu's music since 13 years now and I try to be objective at each new song or tour but it is not always easy to like what she does now.

I miss the time when we had singles and an album was following.
I was so excited back then. New tour felt fresh with new concepts, it was so cool at this time.

Now I just have the feeling that Ayu doesn't put her heart into her music or shows (that's how I see it, I know she does) because it is (nearly) the same thing again and again.

I'm sure she's capable of doing great and new things, even with 20 years behind her.
After all, she's Ayumi Hamasaki. She has to remember that.
She used to be the best of all. Come on Ayu

So, here my honest opinion. I love Ayu so much and I just want the better for her, but for us too, as fans. I hope the tour will surprise me when I'll see it but right now, I'm disappointed by the concept and the setlist. For an anniversary, I wished something amazing to remember in ten years

Last edited by CeReSu; 7th April 2018 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:37 PM
Gorgonia's Avatar
Gorgonia Gorgonia is offline
poker face Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 77
I love the conspiracy created around the TO BE tears. Why do we pretend to know or guess reasons for something we are oblivious about? Why couldn’t it be emotional tears? Maybe she started crying because someone in the front row smelled like onions... or it was aliens making her cry... or maybe it was just tears.
__________________


1 TA ticket available for Hiroshima - May 19
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:44 PM
Gorgonia's Avatar
Gorgonia Gorgonia is offline
poker face Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyPinkGirl View Post
What is your problem Katsuyuki012? Youre such a negative person
Ive read lots of his comments and they were rather logical or sensible... there are by far a lot more negative comments coming from 90% of the people that post here than from him. The massive whining is real today.
__________________


1 TA ticket available for Hiroshima - May 19
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 7th April 2018, 10:56 PM
attractive nausea's Avatar
attractive nausea attractive nausea is offline
NEVER EVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: France
Posts: 1,659
Out of 16 tracks performed today, here are the one we've already seen in PoM 2011 DVD :
- forgiveness
- BRILLANTE
- SEASONS
- Bold & Delicious
- evolution
- Boys and Girls
- Born to be...
- A song is born

Which means that out of 16 songs, 8 of them have been performed with the same outfits (not all of them but you get the idea) and the same arrangement (unless someone who attended today says otherwise) as the first PoM, even Catcher in the Light and the intro is the same

That represents 50% of the show, 50% of this new show is recycled

So this means we get a new tour, which is a PoM 2011 version 2, except with less budget, less songs, less orchestra, less magic.

This is why i'm mad, she has hundreds of songs, and she decides to just take half the songs from a tour she's done before, and just make a replica of it.

I really hope she changes the setlist, because i'm not flying to Japan to see this.
__________________


arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-j hall : 21/07 & 22/07

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm


Last edited by attractive nausea; 7th April 2018 at 10:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 7th April 2018, 11:11 PM
snowo snowo is offline
Far away Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
"Seems" is an understatement. We WERE expecting more, it's her 20th anniversary after all.
I'm curious cuz it seems like she's focusing more on the music this time and I'm here for it tbh, but I'm not attending so I get that people who are spending lots of money on it would rather watch a bigger show than what she's presenting right now. I agree it's not the time to focus "only" on the music since it's a commemorative tour. and the fact that half of the show is recycled doesn't help either, but I'm here for little changes here and there so when the final show comes, everybody can be satisfied. (maybe not the ones that went to the first show/s and won't attend the rest though)

Last edited by snowo; 7th April 2018 at 11:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 7th April 2018, 11:22 PM
adrtwb's Avatar
adrtwb adrtwb is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Singapore
Posts: 521
to me, the concept and the planning of this tour is very immature, i know it will change and probably leads to the best towards the end, but that is not fair for fans who attends the first few shows watching a show that is like half-ready?
__________________
Countdown Live 2012 - 2013 ~ WAKE UP ~ 31st Dec 2012
A-nation 2014 Singapore 18th Oct 2014
Just The Beginning Tour 2017 15th, 16th & 17th Jul 2017
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~ 7th Apr & 8th Apr 2018

Last edited by adrtwb; 8th April 2018 at 12:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 7th April 2018, 11:36 PM
snowo snowo is offline
Far away Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,336
I don't think it's fair, too.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 7th April 2018, 11:47 PM
Aokani's Avatar
Aokani Aokani is offline
YOU Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 131
It was not a good plan to start this tour so soon after the last one. Feels like she needed more time to prepare for her 20th Anniversary.
And we know from the TA entry how busy she has been between the two tours.

At least I'm super happy she finally sang ever free.
__________________

People are not memories that you can put into words. They live holding onto their feelings.

Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 8th April 2018, 12:31 AM
LOGMAN's Avatar
LOGMAN LOGMAN is offline
YOU Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Out of 16 tracks performed today, here are the one we've already seen in PoM 2011 DVD :
- forgiveness
- BRILLANTE
- SEASONS
- Bold & Delicious
- evolution
- Boys and Girls
- Born to be...
- A song is born

Which means that out of 16 songs, 8 of them have been performed with the same outfits (not all of them but you get the idea) and the same arrangement (unless someone who attended today says otherwise) as the first PoM, even Catcher in the Light and the intro is the same.
FWIW Evolution was a totally different arrangement to what weve previously seen
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 8th April 2018, 02:50 AM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Serbia
Posts: 6,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGMAN View Post
FWIW Evolution was a totally different arrangement to what we’ve previously seen
Not so different than the version she did during Made in Japan though. I dunno the only songs that sounded different than what we have previously heard were next level, ever free and surreal. I couldn’t even tell she would sing next level until she started singing as the arrangement is so different. Oh yeah and the MC before B&D was so tiring and long it killed all the fun(k) for me.

Oh and you all know I adore this woman to death, this is the 7th year in a row that I am here to see her and this is just too far from what she can do. And saying it’s all about music this time isn’t completely true, she sure tries to make it seems so, but she had set some standards for her self and this simply isn’t good enough. This year so many people including myself wore the old t shirts, because the new ones were so bad so people bought towels instead and it seems that, much like with the goods, the rest of this tour was put together in a couple of days.
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp


Last edited by njanjayrp; 8th April 2018 at 02:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 8th April 2018, 04:18 AM
chantaising chantaising is offline
PAPER DOLL Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 6
^ +1
__________________
My footprints

ASIA TOUR 2007 A ~Tour of Secret~ (9.4 - Hong Kong)
ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ (29.6 - Yoyogi / 21,22.9 - Hong Kong)
ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ (11,12.4 - Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2009-2010 A ~Future Classics~ (30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
ARENA TOUR 2010 A ~Rock'n'Roll Circus~ (22,24,25.5 - Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~ (30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2011-2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ (29,30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
ARENA TOUR 2012 A ~HOTEL Love songs~ (11,12.8 - Fukuoka / 10,11.10 - Yoyogi)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~ (29,30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (13,14.4 - Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29,30,31.12 - Yoyogi)
PREMIUM SHOWCASE ~Feel the love~ (3,4,5,6.7 - Yoyogi)
ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit (11,12.4 - Saitama)

34 times and counting...
(I want to sit in a block A arena seat for once in my life!!)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 8th April 2018, 04:31 AM
Chibi-Chan's Avatar
Chibi-Chan Chibi-Chan is offline
HOPE or PAIN Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tky
Posts: 6,790
Like attractive nausea said, it's just PoM version 2 with less magic. I was hoping for a real PoM version 2, but this show simply falls flat in almost every aspect.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
20th anniversary, arena tour 2018, power of music

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.