[News] a-nation 2018 stadium fes - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 21st August 2018, 02:00 AM
Xianghua's Avatar
Xianghua Xianghua is offline
BEST Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,797
I voted for W because I didn't see the point of voting for Hanabi or Blue Bird since she always sings them lol. Wish there were more than 4 choices.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 21st August 2018, 04:32 AM
Chibi-Chan's Avatar
Chibi-Chan Chibi-Chan is offline
HOPE or PAIN Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tôkyô
Posts: 6,790
Don't want to see W or aeternal. Voted for HANABI.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 21st August 2018, 09:39 AM
Aderianu's Avatar
Aderianu Aderianu is offline
identity Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RUSSIA
Posts: 15,851
Here is the apologizes about Araki Shunpei (new dancer) smoking in the past and affirmation that he will not do it again %)

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1064649
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 21st August 2018, 09:54 AM
Linza-mo's Avatar
Linza-mo Linza-mo is offline
And Then Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France
Posts: 912
That's crazy...
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 21st August 2018, 03:37 PM
Meat Pao's Avatar
Meat Pao Meat Pao is offline
WE WISH Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 4,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Here is the apologizes about Araki Shunpei (new dancer) smoking in the past and affirmation that he will not do it again %)

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1064649
Is there a backstory to this I'm not aware about? I thought it was pretty socially acceptable for people in Japan to be smoking lol

EDIT: Oh, just read the article and it's about his underage smoking past. Lol
__________________



J-POP CD SALES THREAD! | J-Pop KAMPAI! - My ridiculous J-Pop blog
I'm totally delicious | The Official Pao of AHS!

Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 21st August 2018, 03:54 PM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Serbia
Posts: 6,968
I voted for W. Don't wanna hear her butcher HANABI again and BLUE BIRD had it's fair share of performances this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
Here is the apologizes about Araki Shunpei (new dancer) smoking in the past and affirmation that he will not do it again %)

https://avex.jp/ayu/news/detail.php?id=1064649
Also ridiculous. I am TOTALLY AGAINST SMOKING. It's a disgusting habit. However "I promise I won't do it again." doesn't really fix things. They should've done checks before hiring people as ultimately this does damage to an already damaged brand.
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp


Last edited by njanjayrp; 21st August 2018 at 03:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 21st August 2018, 05:58 PM
douggn's Avatar
douggn douggn is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ☜☆☞ Australia☜☆☞
Posts: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I voted for W. Don't wanna hear her butcher HANABI again and BLUE BIRD had it's fair share of performances this year.



Also ridiculous. I am TOTALLY AGAINST SMOKING. It's a disgusting habit. However "I promise I won't do it again." doesn't really fix things. They should've done checks before hiring people as ultimately this does damage to an already damaged brand.
As bad as smoking can be, you cant not hire someone for smoking. This is just a slow day news story
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 21st August 2018, 06:12 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
my name's WOMEN Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,432
^It is a big deal over there... But I don't think that would be an elimination factor for Ayu not hiring someone.
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 21st August 2018, 06:16 PM
relmy relmy is offline
SEASONS Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,413
Smoking so disgusting but the idea that you should background check someone to see of they've ever smoked is ridiculous, under age or not.

It's like the media looked for a reason to be honest. I liked what Ayu said about giving people chances, a nice way to deal with it.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 21st August 2018, 07:19 PM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Serbia
Posts: 6,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
Smoking so disgusting but the idea that you should background check someone to see of they've ever smoked is ridiculous, under age or not.

It's like the media looked for a reason to be honest. I liked what Ayu said about giving people chances, a nice way to deal with it.
While I agree with this, this is after all Japan and an overly sensitive market we are talking about. Anywhere else this wouldn’t even be in the news. So they should know better than to upset their customers xD
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp

Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 21st August 2018, 08:15 PM
Xianghua's Avatar
Xianghua Xianghua is offline
BEST Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,797
There's been trouble in the past with others in the entertainment industry for underage smoking/drinking as well. Japan is much more strict with rules than the western countries many of us are used to. It's all part of the culture difference.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:06 AM
EndOfTheWorld's Avatar
EndOfTheWorld EndOfTheWorld is offline
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,937
I think it's great that they acknowledged it. Smoking at any age is so bad for you and those around you. I know this will be seen as overreacting or something but I think it's a good thing people said something.
Butttt, I will say that this probably won't change anything and he will just be more discreet about it.
They aren't really sorry about it, just doing damage control.
__________________

Set by Yoake
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 22nd August 2018, 03:04 AM
Chibi-Chan's Avatar
Chibi-Chan Chibi-Chan is offline
HOPE or PAIN Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tôkyô
Posts: 6,790
What bothers me most about this smoking "scandal" is that this isn't about trying to protect underaged teens from smoking. He broke a rule and this is why this is a big deal. One of the things I hate most here and honestly can't deal with is how people are allowed to smoke in bars, resraurants and cafés. The "smoking areas" in resraurants and cafés are a joke, most of the time there isn't even a door between the smoking area and the normal one. Even if there is, the door is always open and the rest of the shop still stinks. People take their little kids in the smoking area all the time and because, ironically enough, you are allowed to smoke in all kinds of closed rooms but you're not allowed to smoke in public most often, I see parents smoking in their car while the kid sits with them in the car.
Also funny: when buying cigarettes or alcohol, no one ever checks an ID or something. You just have to tap on the screen and say you're already 20. I can't count the times I saw very young people buy cigarettes and alcohol who were definitely not 20.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cigarettes or alcohol and I definitely started drinking before I was 18 (but at least I had to be creative and not just tap on a screen lol). But I still think that there should be laws protecting teenagers and kids and also people who don't want to eat or drink while others smoke next to them. It is ridiculous to tell a 19 year old he should be sorry for breaking the rules and finding it normal for parents to smoke next to their kids.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 22nd August 2018, 04:10 AM
Chris85's Avatar
Chris85 Chris85 is offline
SCAR Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 1,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
One of the things I hate most here and honestly can't deal with is how people are allowed to smoke in bars, resraurants and cafés. The "smoking areas" in resraurants and cafés are a joke, most of the time there isn't even a door between the smoking area and the normal one. Even if there is, the door is always open and the rest of the shop still stinks.
That's so true. It was really frustrating for me in some restaurants, never went there again. I still had to make sure there were non-smoking seats before coming in. In many places though it was out of my control and depended on my luck if someone nearby decides to smoke or not. Thank god for non-smoking fast food chains.
Also some people on the streets don't care about the smoking areas - I saw multiple times people walking down the street and smoking.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 22nd August 2018, 05:20 AM
aliceshields's Avatar
aliceshields aliceshields is offline
Trauma Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: 同じ空の下
Posts: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
What bothers me most about this smoking "scandal" is that this isn't about trying to protect underaged teens from smoking. He broke a rule and this is why this is a big deal. One of the things I hate most here and honestly can't deal with is how people are allowed to smoke in bars, resraurants and cafés. The "smoking areas" in resraurants and cafés are a joke, most of the time there isn't even a door between the smoking area and the normal one. Even if there is, the door is always open and the rest of the shop still stinks. People take their little kids in the smoking area all the time and because, ironically enough, you are allowed to smoke in all kinds of closed rooms but you're not allowed to smoke in public most often, I see parents smoking in their car while the kid sits with them in the car.
Also funny: when buying cigarettes or alcohol, no one ever checks an ID or something. You just have to tap on the screen and say you're already 20. I can't count the times I saw very young people buy cigarettes and alcohol who were definitely not 20.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cigarettes or alcohol and I definitely started drinking before I was 18 (but at least I had to be creative and not just tap on a screen lol). But I still think that there should be laws protecting teenagers and kids and also people who don't want to eat or drink while others smoke next to them. It is ridiculous to tell a 19 year old he should be sorry for breaking the rules and finding it normal for parents to smoke next to their kids.

Ahhhh this! I agreed with this.

Whenever my husband and I go to any restaurant or bar at the hotel, we will always ask for non-smoking area, but the smoking area just at the other side (“Smoking-area” <— | | —> “Non-smoking area”), no door no glass, we still can “enjoy” the 2nd hand smoke @@“
__________________
Music is a personal response to vibration...
Music is the invisible world made visible through sound...
~ Sepulchre ~
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 22nd August 2018, 05:45 AM
truehappiness's Avatar
truehappiness truehappiness is offline
Zutto… Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 34,445
Oh yeah, this explains her TA posts for sure. So weird they made an official statement about it too. This must also be why he scrubbed his IG/Twitter after too since people probably saw it there. I think it became a big deal because Ayu was like "Hey, everyone go follow these new people!" and then they saw all that stuff, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:41 AM
Aderianu's Avatar
Aderianu Aderianu is offline
identity Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RUSSIA
Posts: 15,851
What's the point of voting until 23 except some kind of attention? Rehearsal already started. She will add something 3 days before actual performance? I don't think so. It's possible only if it's song she perform while moving around stadium
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:53 AM
truehappiness's Avatar
truehappiness truehappiness is offline
Zutto… Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 34,445
Probably rehearsed the options in case there are changes. She did that one set of a-nations where she had very different setlists iirc between stadiums.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 23rd August 2018, 12:50 AM
Calico's Avatar
Calico Calico is offline
Startin' Protector

 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gifu, Japan
Posts: 6,352
Oh, my God, as someone who is super sensitive to smoke (like swollen red eyes, burning throat, the works) don't get me started on the bs that is "non smoking sections" in Japan. Lady would literally sit me right next to the open door to the smoking section and I'd see all this crap wafting out. UGH. The headaches were real. At least outside I could walk away / be in some fresh air. And a lot of the time it's just dependent on a specific restaurant. So I would go to a Jonathon's in one neighborhood and the sections would be completely separate and not an issue, and the next one a neighborhood over would be practically on top of each other. You learn real fast which ones are "safe" and which ones are to avoided unless you're desperate :\

My state has a no smoking ban on all areas within 20 feet of public buildings and most places don't allow smoking at all. I'm so spoiled here, lol. I'm going back to Japan in Oct and it's gonna be an adjustment.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 23rd August 2018, 06:54 AM
SunshineSlayer's Avatar
SunshineSlayer SunshineSlayer is offline
HOPE or PAIN Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Japan/USA
Posts: 6,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by douggn View Post
As bad as smoking can be, you cant not hire someone for smoking. This is just a slow day news story
Unfortunately, Japanese people get up in arms about really weird things sometimes. Underage smoking there is a big deal even though it's entirely hypocritical. I mean, I remember back in the day when Kago Ai (morning musume member) got caught smoking underage and her career was essentially ended after that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
What bothers me most about this smoking "scandal" is that this isn't about trying to protect underaged teens from smoking. He broke a rule and this is why this is a big deal. One of the things I hate most here and honestly can't deal with is how people are allowed to smoke in bars, resraurants and cafés. The "smoking areas" in resraurants and cafés are a joke, most of the time there isn't even a door between the smoking area and the normal one. Even if there is, the door is always open and the rest of the shop still stinks. People take their little kids in the smoking area all the time and because, ironically enough, you are allowed to smoke in all kinds of closed rooms but you're not allowed to smoke in public most often, I see parents smoking in their car while the kid sits with them in the car.
Also funny: when buying cigarettes or alcohol, no one ever checks an ID or something. You just have to tap on the screen and say you're already 20. I can't count the times I saw very young people buy cigarettes and alcohol who were definitely not 20.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against cigarettes or alcohol and I definitely started drinking before I was 18 (but at least I had to be creative and not just tap on a screen lol). But I still think that there should be laws protecting teenagers and kids and also people who don't want to eat or drink while others smoke next to them. It is ridiculous to tell a 19 year old he should be sorry for breaking the rules and finding it normal for parents to smoke next to their kids.
And this is why I say "hypocritical". It's more about the fact that a rule has been broken and they got caught. That's it. Japan doesn't care about underage smoking or drinking at all so long as you don't get caught doing it. I worked in a bar in Tokyo for a number of years and when I suspected someone underage was being served, I told my manager. The response? We didn't check their ID, so it's fine. As long as we don't "know". And whenever I asked someone's age I got reprimanded for doing so. So.....yeah.....

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 23rd August 2018 at 07:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, a-nation, a-nation '18, ayu, ayumi hamasaki, goods

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.