FLOWER & Mad World (Short ver. MVs on YouTube) - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 19th June 2016, 08:08 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Oo, forgot about that one. I wonder why they didn't go with a usual director for those PVs, tbh.

You should know that you are not part of this issue, which is much more than expressing dissatisfaction, though it's more about the way it's expressed, the attitude that goes along with it, and the rate at which it happens. Somehow everyone who doesn't see issue with it is 'blind' and those who dislike it are able to 'see' as if they're enlightened to something everyone else isn't getting. In the end, it's up to Ayu. If this is what she wants, then no writer can convince her otherwise.

I love Ayu, but I swear it does get a little bit unsettling how 90% of her releases always come along with the same criticisms and it makes me not want to post here because somehow being a fan is a bad thing on a fan forum (??). She's changing all the time and she doesn't feel like she has to be who she was and instead is just being who she is. Even if that results in a cheapo video that you don't like, is it really that difficult for some to accept that there are people who are okay with what she's putting out? You can say your piece about how you hate it, but I don't really understand CONTINUING to do so for post after post telling people that they have shit taste and so on.

And other than KAYZU who was pretty much a big part of TeamAyu anyway or the tour logos that never really mean anything in the end, I hope no fans ever work for her.

I would say Ayu's music has always been great with about as many 'iffy' tracks that seem a bit lazy over the years like Curtain calls and such, but there are tracks that can go head to head with stuff she made in her peak. As far as videos go, she really has always been pretty inconsistent and only really had a few gems here and there minus that period where she was experimenting more with amateur movie directors (2003 and essentially 2005).
AHS needs more members like you.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 19th June 2016, 09:57 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Oo, forgot about that one. I wonder why they didn't go with a usual director for those PVs, tbh.

You should know that you are not part of this issue, which is much more than expressing dissatisfaction, though it's more about the way it's expressed, the attitude that goes along with it, and the rate at which it happens. Somehow everyone who doesn't see issue with it is 'blind' and those who dislike it are able to 'see' as if they're enlightened to something everyone else isn't getting. In the end, it's up to Ayu. If this is what she wants, then no writer can convince her otherwise.

I love Ayu, but I swear it does get a little bit unsettling how 90% of her releases always come along with the same criticisms and it makes me not want to post here because somehow being a fan is a bad thing on a fan forum (??). She's changing all the time and she doesn't feel like she has to be who she was and instead is just being who she is. Even if that results in a cheapo video that you don't like, is it really that difficult for some to accept that there are people who are okay with what she's putting out? You can say your piece about how you hate it, but I don't really understand CONTINUING to do so for post after post telling people that they have shit taste and so on.

And other than KAYZU who was pretty much a big part of TeamAyu anyway or the tour logos that never really mean anything in the end, I hope no fans ever work for her.

I would say Ayu's music has always been great with about as many 'iffy' tracks that seem a bit lazy over the years like Curtain calls and such, but there are tracks that can go head to head with stuff she made in her peak. As far as videos go, she really has always been pretty inconsistent and only really had a few gems here and there minus that period where she was experimenting more with amateur movie directors (2003 and essentially 2005).
AMEN

-Afraid of Tell All chorus-

Old 19th June 2016, 10:32 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Old 19th June 2016, 11:10 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Seasons View Post
I can't stop laughing XDDDDDDD
PRRRFT... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Afraid of Tell All chorus-

Old 20th June 2016, 12:38 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

This... As I said before:

Quote:
"I don't like this work because this and that" = Ok

"She is lazy/ She doesn't care anymore/ This is so bad I'm surprised anyone like it/ She is embarassing/ I hope she could retire so she would stop to hurt her legacy/ This is shit/ This is garbage/ It feels like she is surrounded by yesmen who agree with any bad idea she has" = not ok
Or going on every single thread and posting over and over again about how much you disliked something until you hijack its theme. There's no need to be offensive while stating dislike for something, nor to flood the forum with the same complaining over and over.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 20th June 2016, 04:05 AM
TO BE Initiate

Ummm nobody is not okay with people liking the stuff. You do you and I'll do me, man.

It really feels like the larger problem is rabid fans sweeping in to say "LEAVE AYU ALONE!". If there are some people who feel like she's being lazy, why is that not a legitimate opinion? If some people feel like there is a major drop in production values in her work (which honestly -- there is....), why is that a wrong view to express?

Nobody has ANY problem with people liking the stuff, but it does feel like many of the "lovers" (as opposed to "haters") get pretty riled up by the haters by:

1. Insisting that every single negative comment be explicitly caveated by "OPINION!!!!" even though every post is obviously going to be an opinion

2. Writing long lengthy posts explaining to us why we are wrong in disliking the stuff.

3. Complaining about how it makes them feel unwelcome, even though we say literally NOTHING about their opinions, and they are the ones constantly reminding us why we are such bad fans to criticise stuff that she does.

4. Cherry picking our criticisms -- which are largely of the music videos, and ignoring the near universal praise that the music (on MIJ) has received.

Okay, last post I'm gonna write on this subject. I'm done.

Last edited by js_surrealism; 20th June 2016 at 04:08 AM.
Old 20th June 2016, 04:13 AM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Yes, let's disagree, because this is your opinion, not a fact. To me, for example, her best concept execution started around 2010. On the same way I really dislike Secret and RNRC and some people find those the peak of her creativity, and that's ok. This seen to be an idea particulary hard for you to get considering you enjoy taking part entering in discussions about releases you dislike to say everyone who likes it are making up excuses but you are enlighted enough to see it for the shit it is, and this is really annoying.
in the same vein, the way you vehemently defend her lukewarm works from "around 2010" is really annoying because you rarely present your opinions as opinions, but as facts, and that if anyone disagrees with you, they're immediately viewed as some sort of troll or annoying personality.

I don't think that's true. I don't have a boner for her earlier works, and I don't dislike Ayu right now or think she's horrible. I still pretty much am a huge fan, and all I'm saying is - I don't really like her execution in the past 6 years or so.

you quoting what i typed, but only quoting a particular paragraph shows me that you're picking on my words and that you just don't like it when someone criticizes Ayu, which i find baffling.

if you work for her, and you're part of her crew, and so you end up praising everything she does, which leads to where she is today, I understand, cos you know, she gives you her paycheck.

but we're fans on a forum, and last i checked, a forum is a place for us to discuss opinions. i may have been a sarcastic person at times, but i don't think i've ever rudely criticized Ayu or say hurtful things like, "her career is over".

i like what i like, and i dislike what i dislike. if i give reasonable explanations to my preferences, i don't see how i am annoying.

this is Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai Forum, not the AHS Circlejerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
@Spancer - I disagree that there's been a drop in quality of her music. With the PVs ayu's never been consistent to begin with so I can't really see a pattern there...
yeah I was mainly referring to her PVs.. music has been top-notch as always.. just that even if she had really cheesy PVs like ANGEL'S SONG, at least the execution was fine and everything was clear and concise.. not a haphazard mess lol

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 20th June 2016, 04:16 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
yeah I was mainly referring to her PVs.. music has been top-notch as always.. just that even if she had really cheesy PVs like ANGEL'S SONG, at least the execution was fine and everything was clear and concise.. not a haphazard mess lol
Man, those Memorial address era PVs were TO DIE for.
Old 20th June 2016, 04:27 AM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
Man, those Memorial address era PVs were TO DIE for.
oh, well, i thought HANABI ~episode II~ was pretty meh cos of the bad acting, but at least I got the storyline and it wasn't a sloppy production...

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 20th June 2016, 04:38 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
oh, well, i thought HANABI ~episode II~ was pretty meh cos of the bad acting, but at least I got the storyline and it wasn't a sloppy production...
Oops, I forgot about that one. But forgiveness, BoY, Angel's Song, even GREATFUL DAYS were 100% ~greatful~ lol
Old 20th June 2016, 04:50 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

lol I feel like I'm the only one that thinks Ayu has a pretty great videography and was super consistent for most of her career. I like 95% of the PVs from I am... until FIVE. I like a handful of the ones from before then (particularly appears, Boys & Girls, kanariya and SURREAL) and then she kinda dropped off before picking back up again starting with A ONE.

Old 20th June 2016, 04:57 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think around that time during FIVE and after was when she was just putting out videos and music just because she felt she had to. You could feel that something was a little different compared to before.

I hope that in the near future, she wants to challenge herself once again with new directors and a new vision for her PVs, but for now I think since the 'reset' in 2015, she's doing fine.

Last edited by truehappiness; 20th June 2016 at 05:01 AM.
Old 20th June 2016, 05:36 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
I think around that time during FIVE and after was when she was just putting out videos and music just because she felt she had to. You could feel that something was a little different compared to before.

I hope that in the near future, she wants to challenge herself once again with new directors and a new vision for her PVs, but for now I think since the 'reset' in 2015, she's doing fine.
Tbh I think it started even before, but to less extent, but it became really obvious when FIVE was released as Why was terribly executed, even though the idea behind it was really good.

Btw guys seems I am attending the Osaka dates afterall

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 20th June 2016, 05:37 AM
End of the World Initiate

I rolled my eyes when the chorus hit in Flower but I think Id like to see what will happen at the end. Dont look back Part II?
Mad world is such an amazing song and I thought the idea of making the PV this personal is great.
I have to say that with an album like this obviously expectations for these songs were high so I hope the rest of the PV measures up.

P.s. Its the ugly crying that makes Hanabi ep II so great
Old 20th June 2016, 05:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Ugly crying plus Ayu on guitar with the "gray" side of summer.
Old 20th June 2016, 06:17 AM
too late Initiate

I realized that PV "Mad World" is lacking of the second part before coming to "たった自分ひとりだけが
立ち上がったとこで
意味はない
そうやって知らぬ誰かが
先に立つのを待つの? " without the cutting part. I am worried that this PV will be as same as "SEASONS" 'one.
Old 20th June 2016, 06:34 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
in the same vein, the way you vehemently defend her lukewarm works from "around 2010" is really annoying because you rarely present your opinions as opinions, but as facts, and that if anyone disagrees with you, they're immediately viewed as some sort of troll or annoying personality.

I don't think that's true. I don't have a boner for her earlier works, and I don't dislike Ayu right now or think she's horrible. I still pretty much am a huge fan, and all I'm saying is - I don't really like her execution in the past 6 years or so.

you quoting what i typed, but only quoting a particular paragraph shows me that you're picking on my words and that you just don't like it when someone criticizes Ayu, which i find baffling.

if you work for her, and you're part of her crew, and so you end up praising everything she does, which leads to where she is today, I understand, cos you know, she gives you her paycheck.

but we're fans on a forum, and last i checked, a forum is a place for us to discuss opinions. i may have been a sarcastic person at times, but i don't think i've ever rudely criticized Ayu or say hurtful things like, "her career is over".

i like what i like, and i dislike what i dislike. if i give reasonable explanations to my preferences, i don't see how i am annoying.

this is Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai Forum, not the AHS Circlejerk.

I didn't reply to the rest of your post because you were just explaining what you like and what you dislike, and again, this is not really the problem. The problem is acting like something you either like or dislike is objectively bad, like you do when you say her work is bad and we should stop prentending it isn't. Sometimes you also tend to flood threads about releases you dislike even when the main subject of the thread isn't liking or disliking that work.

There's a reason why the same 4 or 5 people are the ones people are always complaining about how negative the posts are.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 20th June 2016, 07:26 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I was always under the impression Hanabi II was a well received video o_o

Perhaps that's just because it's one of my favorites.

I'm weird though, because I list Daybreak as another one of my favorites.

The atmosphere of both those videos is something that just resonates with me.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 20th June 2016, 07:33 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I thought it was too... Daybreak is a tossup though. In the mid 2000s it was regarded as the Ayu + toilet paper PV that was questionable.
Old 20th June 2016, 07:37 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

^ yeah back in 2004 when I became a fan it was certainly one of the videos on the bottom of the totem pole haha

Ayu seems to enjoy one take videos though.

Daybreak, HEAVEN, Sweet scar, FLOWER...

Although in FLOWER's case it seems to truly have been done just one time? Not sure about how many takes she did for the other ones.

And am I missing any? Were Angel and Curtain call one takes?

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 20th June 2016 at 07:43 AM.

Tags
flower, m(a)de in japan, mad world, made in japan