'no more words' Interpretation? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 12th April 2019, 03:02 PM
Far away Initiate

'no more words' Interpretation?

I had no luck on the Search function, it won't return the search result.

I was wondering if there's any interpretation about the song no more words or had Ayu happened to talk about the meaning before?
Old 12th April 2019, 03:54 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

What I’ve heard is it’s a possible response to her being pitted against Utada, and how there was so much going on about who’s the “winner” or “loser” in terms of releases and sales. And basically how she doesn’t really care if she’s the loser. In fact she’d prefer it lol.

But. This is only something I’ve heard, and I don’t even remember where xD

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 12th April 2019, 04:30 PM
Interlude Initiate

i always wondered about the meaning of this song (and "always wanting to be the loser") and also asked about it in the forums; but nobody had a definite answer. i freaking love this song; the meaning however always has me puzzled...
Old 15th April 2019, 07:58 PM
Love song H-Initiate

from the beatfreak magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
14 "no more words" (Music/CREA + D・A・I, Arrangement/Naoto Suzuki, tasuku)

Once I got to the part where I was making this song, I'd started heading into the end of the album, and I thought of the phrase "no more words." Although the lyrics are rather nice for such an intense subject matter, I wanted to convey the part of a person who's "sorrow" is that "If everyone already understands, then that's okay, right? Because everyone keeps going forward, just because they have no choice but to go through life..." No matter what kind of harshness there is, I thing I should live with strength. When making this album, I thought "Gah, it's hopeless! This is impossible!" over and over again, but despite that, I persisted in making it, and I was somehow able to reach this end result... (bitter smile)
Actually, I wrote the lyrics to this song once before, but scrapped it and it was newly rewritten. I think the reason was that there was a section saying something like, "after this, I'm not saying anything else." When I look at the entire album, the flow of the sequence between "I am..." and "no more words," I've put my message out there perfectly. I'm very very happy with it... So here, I was using one phrase to convey something, rather than doing it the reverse way and adding more words just for the sake of explanation, which makes the feelings become more trivial. Even I have things I don't say, and I'm sure everyone wouldn't press me to give any more answers than I have. So "I'm not saying any more right now" is what I wrote. By the way, the meaning of the title "no more words" is... "You can understand even though I'm not saying any more than this."
Old 16th April 2019, 01:14 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

^ interesting, thanks!

Is there a scan of this beatfreak floating around?

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 16th April 2019, 03:02 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Interesting that she's explaining more about the title then the lyrics lol
no more words is by far one of my favorite songs by her!

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 16th April 2019, 07:25 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I believe her explanation for everything is the same all the time
"You can understand even though I'm not saying any more than this."
Old 16th April 2019, 07:57 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

japanese artists never seem to explain their lyrics.. they say a lot but dont explain anything. I noticed the same with YUI in her flower flower song explanations she talks a lot about the development and the instrumentals and "intense emotions" and such but doesnt ever say what the songs are actually about or what inspired them (aka the thing that would actually be interesting)

tumblr

Old 16th April 2019, 01:16 PM
Interlude Initiate

thank you for posting the interview. i love her explainations and this is very insightful; even if she doesn'tanswer my question I've had for years now *bitter smile*
Old 16th April 2019, 02:54 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Yes, most of time ayu talk about song production at beatfreak magazines, but sometimes she give little explanation. So read those interviews, they are very interesting