Is Ayu really the J-Pop Queen ? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 19th August 2008, 08:19 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Until anyone tops or comes close to topping what Ayu has accomplished in her musical career, shes still my J-pop queen
Old 19th August 2008, 09:13 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luna7996 View Post
Utada cds seem to sell more however her popularity has gone down faster than ayu's.Heart station is Utada's fifth japanese studio album and it sold,to my understanding,about 974,317 in japan.In ayu's case her fifth studio album Rainbow sold,to my understaniding,almost 2 million copies.While ayu's latest album,Guilty, sold less than Utada's latest album it still sold a lot for a nine studio album when japanese people are said to be rather tired of Ayu.Maybe you guys dont undertsand were I'm coming from but I think that Utada's popularity has gone down rather fast if we are taking sales wise even if she does seem to sell more.
I totally get your point here But if we consider the timeframe instead of the number of albums each singer has released, both popularities have been declining at the same pace.
Old 19th August 2008, 10:06 PM
Two of us Initiate

of course she is still the Empress of Japanese Pop, no doubt about it. Over all Ayu has been very successful and when 1 talks about the empress/queen of j-pop, who do they think of? no1 else but Ayumi :-)

Ayumi Hamasaki f*^#$ng rock on!!!!
Old 19th August 2008, 11:04 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Absolutely Ayu is still the Queen of J-Pop!

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 19th August 2008, 11:42 PM
ourselves Initiate

Ayu IS the quen of j-pop in japan and probably so most other places in the orld jpop is known. She's by far the most known japanses artist abroad! Like many others mentioned, she's referred to as royalty in many shows, not only because of her sales (Lets face it, she debuted when CD sales were at its peak. I namie had debuted at the time and ayu three years later she ould've had the most sales probably. Same goes for utada. If the peak was twenty years earlier, it would've been someone else holding the record.) but also because she was insanely popular in so many ways. SHe's not just known as the "singer ayu", but more as an icon of popular culture, just like hello kitty or madonna. This is why her sales are in fact very consistant and not depeding on how much publicity the song receives and how well it is rceived. It also explains her extremely front heavy sales lately, those who buy are those that love the brand ayumi hamasaki and they will kno exactly hen she releases.
Old 20th August 2008, 03:00 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taki View Post
she is a Queen inside almost everyone's hearts who love her and nevermind how much CDs she sold
darn ... there's actually nothing I could add to this perfect sentence .. damn it
Old 20th August 2008, 06:17 AM
immature Initiate

I think she is still Queen of Jpop because she is and always will be an icon. Despite the sales and numbers aspect.. you have to consider other factors as well as image and sound, etc. etc. Ayu has realized this and projects everything that equals to being the Queen of Jpop.
Old 20th August 2008, 03:46 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Yes, Ayu is the Queen of J-Pop!!!
And I hope she always will be^^

Set made by Yoake! Thank you!!!

last.fm | LiveJournal

Old 20th August 2008, 03:57 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Tsubasa~ View Post
Yes, Ayu is the Queen of J-Pop!!!
And I hope she always will be^^
Well, it's hard to become Queen of a music genre from one day to another... And with declining CD sales worldwide, it's hard to find a new Queen of J-Pop soon! And Ayu is still there, selling, having impressive shows, albums...

Tags
ayu, queen