LOVE again vs. FEEL - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Which album do you like better?
LOVE again 52 35.37%
FEEL 95 64.63%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th July 2013, 09:57 PM
End of the World Initiate

LOVE again vs. FEEL

Which do you prefer and why?
I want time to write a well thought out reason but my immediate choice is FEEL for sure.

久しぶり〜

Old 20th July 2013, 10:24 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

FEEL for sure, LOVE again consist of two amazing singles (*cough* mini albums *cough*) but lackluster album tracks. The only decent tracks are Bye-Bye Darling and the interludes. Everything else is mediocre at best and doesn't hold up on multiple listens. It's a shame, cause the likes of Song 4 U, Missing and Sweet Scar got me so pumped for the rest of the album.. But it just didn't do anything for me, it's easily up there with My Story as one of her most boring albums in my opinion. The singles save it but overall not very good.

Namie completely NAILED everything with FEEL, and made her take the spot as my favorite artist. Every track is of international quality, she managed to take rather generic EDM songs and turn them into gold. I love my generic tunes, but they usually get boring after 10-20 listens. Namie's delivery is what takes them to the next level! There's not one track i don't like, Poison is my least favorite but it's still a fantastic song, cause she has the attitude to pull it off.

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise

Old 20th July 2013, 10:54 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^
Scaaaaaryyyy, you just said pratically everything there was to say, lol!
For me FEEL is far from perfection, but it's 100% solid, and high quality, while LOVE again was a mess. Therefore, half of LOVE again (*cough* singles *cough*) is still superior to the most of FEEL in my opinion, but if you compare the "albums", as projects, FEEL wins without even try, the work behind it was flawless. LOVE again, as it was put together, is a fail like I've never seen from Ayu.
Also, I really appreciated Benikari47 mention of MY STORY, because it's true, they're so similar! And I don't mean just for the "classic sounds", but for the construction: I always found MY STORY very difficult to listen all at once. Every single track is amazing, but as a whole, I found it very random, like it's just a group of songs, without a theme, and it just struck me back then, because usually I find Ayu albums very cohesive, not always because of the sond, but usually for the "message" she wanted to share.

Hello new me...

Last edited by marty; 20th July 2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 20th July 2013, 10:57 PM
still alone Initiate

FEEL
Old 21st July 2013, 01:09 PM
YOU Initiate

For sure, FEEL.
Old 21st July 2013, 01:17 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Although LOVE again has grown on me in the past few months, I still think FEEL is the better album for me. They're two very different genres, but the confidence and polish of Namie's album just leaves much more of an impression. Plus the timing is impeccable, it's the perfect summer album.
Old 21st July 2013, 02:23 PM
GREEN Initiate

I love my ayumi, but FEEL is so much better.
Old 21st July 2013, 02:44 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

FEEL <3 <3
Old 21st July 2013, 02:48 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Hands down , FEEL

For an album to only rely on 1/2 of a double A-side single , you know you really need very strong solid album tracks , if not Namie wouldn't have done something like this

And that aspect really paid off very well for her

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 21st July 2013, 03:11 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

LOVE again has the stronger individual tracks, but unfortunately they were only the "mini-album" tracks, the new material was average at best, whereas FEEL is much more consistant overall, so I'd prolly have to go for FEEL

LAST.FM

浜崎あゆみ
倖田來未 × 安室奈美恵
蔡依林 × 後藤真希 × KAT-TUN
4minute ~ 현아 ~ 宇多田ヒカル ~ Kalafina ~ 가인
immi ~ 大塚愛 ~ ルルティア ~ 川田まみ ~ 2NE1 ~ 黒木メイサ ~ 水樹奈々 ~ mini ~ 中川翔子

Old 22nd July 2013, 12:22 AM

LOVE again for me. I don't like it as a whole album, but compared to FEEL it has stronger individual tracks!
Old 22nd July 2013, 01:14 AM
As if.. Initiate

FEEL slays everything J-pop have to offer this year (imo). Not going to lie, from Rainbow to Big Boys Cry it's the weakest part of the album, but the songs are really addicting and catchy. I find myself singing "can you feel this love, can you feel this love" and smiling, that song really makes me happy and throwaway all my bad thoughts, haha. Hands On Me is my fudging twerk anthem and Heaven is my club banger, Alive makes me alive. Every track is pure gold.

LOVE again.... ugh what's that album? The only good tracks on that album was Wake me up, Missing and the two interlude. Everything else is a snooze fest. To me, the whole album's a mess, releasing You & Me on this album.... if it was just the PV, then I might be alright with it because it's part of snowy kiss and Wake me up, but rereleasing it on as an album track... now that just get me mad. If this album was suppose to be MY STORY, then she really failed, I like almost the whole album.

Here's my two cent.

CRISIS MAKE UP

Old 22nd July 2013, 02:05 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Sorry Ayu, but feel wins.
Now if YOU did an EDM album... (Not like next level)
Old 22nd July 2013, 03:41 AM
Connected Initiate

My votes goes for Love again as FEEL just doesn't feels like an Japanese album. Though I really love Let me let you go, Can You Feel This Love, Rainbow and contrail but the rest seems pretty plain to me... I think even uncontrolled is better than FEEL... (Didn't know LMLYG was a full english song till I check the lyrics >.<)

On the other hand, Love again do have a lot of songs which I wouldn't get sick of hearing them again and again. Tracks like Wake me up, Song 4 u, Missing, SAKURA, Bye-bye darling, Melody and Ivy...

Old 22nd July 2013, 03:47 AM
Trauma Initiate

LOVE again

FEEL is nothign special
generic western club/dance arrangements with not-so-great lyrics
Old 22nd July 2013, 03:53 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

FEEL.

Love again has everything except listen-ability. Like most of Ayu's post-RNRC albums. I think there were maybe 3 songs that I wouldn't have minded listening to again. The rest were boring.

Namie's album might be "generic", but it's funny how the songs you actually want to listen to, and like, can touch you the most in your life.

Ayu's production is getting better...but I feel like a lot of things about her albums are quite shaky. The direction is weird.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 22nd July 2013, 03:54 AM
forgiveness Initiate

FEEL
Old 22nd July 2013, 04:34 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I never listen to Namie. Ever. However, something about Feel intrigued me, so I did throw it on my ipod. Yes, it is a solid and easy summer album with bright energy and flow. It is good, but I'm just not sure of Namie herself for some reason...

I've been a fan of Ayu for YEARS! I came in just before the My Story era. She has her ups and downs, but I can usually find a time when I'm just dying to listen to her! However, Love Again is the second album from her I had no interest in purchasing (Party Queen being the first). As with Namie, I gave it a listen, but there was nothing that brought me back for a second listen. I already own this album in Love songs form, and I didn't like that album. At. All. So I have absolutely no need to listen to it again. Rehashed, replicant, recycled, redundant of her entire career.

Namie 1.
Ayumi 0.
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:09 AM
Pray H-Initiate

LOVE again was another huge step down in quality to me. I've never been a great Namie fan, but there's no denying that FEEL is one of the best albums I've listened to this year. It just has that quality you can't really name, that bit of extra that actually makes you want to listen to the songs. Repeatedly. LOVE again wasn't bad by any means-but there's never a moment where I get an urge to open up Itunes and listen to it specifically. It's bland, whereas FEEL is anything but. So it's definitely FEEL for me.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 22nd July 2013, 09:55 AM
Connected Initiate

I like both albums, but LOVE again is the better one for me, simply because Ayu's music generally and also looking at these two albums is somehow more touching and emotionally.

And I loooooooo~~~~ve Wake Me Up and You&Me

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, j-pop, j-pop queens, namie amuro