Official thread of your thoughts on (ARENA TOUR 2009) #1 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 30th November 2009, 05:15 AM
Because of You Initiate

Official thread of your thoughts on (ARENA TOUR 2009) #1

After getting the video of rollin' and Sparkle, and watching it.

What do you think?

I think .... Sparkle could be a stable song. I like how the reaction and action when ayu sings "No no no...". However, there are something I don't really get into it. The dancing performance looks very weird to me. Maybe i need to get use to about it?

btw, when ayu performs rollin', the way she dances reminds me this

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Last edited by kotora; 2nd December 2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 30th November 2009, 05:21 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

i've only seen Sparkle and rollin' so far.
i LOVED rollin', she was so cute/funny and i love how she was acting all robotic. the lights were AMAZING. Sparkle was great too, she was having so much fun and not taking herself seriously, and i loved the "NO NO NO"'s. but seriously i can't stop watching rollin'!
Old 30th November 2009, 08:35 AM
Heartplace Initiate

I'm pleased with rollin' and Sparkle. She sang really well compared to all her other lives in the past two years. The screens are pretty nice too. I wish they would show more of them because sadly all the colors and lights are what keeps me interested...

What I don't like though is that her costumes are still just dumb looking and the choreography is pathetic.
Old 30th November 2009, 09:06 AM
TO BE Initiate

so far i think the concert is definitely better than AT08
weird outfit though but enjoyed her performance
Old 30th November 2009, 10:06 AM
Initiate

ayu is absolutely crazy in Sparkle
but i love it!!!
she's cute in Rollin' too... ^___^
Old 30th November 2009, 10:21 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Sparkle didn't have the energy I was hoping for but it
was a great performance. I loved the no no no~ parts

my favs this far are evolution and rollin' - even if rollin' was one of my
least favorite songs on NEXT LEVEL.

I guess the outfits are good with the colorful theme, they even fit
with the stage and for the ones being further back from the stage can
probably enjoy it more when they actually see a bit of color on the stage.

Old 30th November 2009, 10:39 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
rollin' was great! I love how she was cutesy/robotic like in the performance of it.
Sparkle I thought was good, her voice was a little light during the song...but I love how she gets the audience going with the NO NO NO's. I would have loved to be there for that moment!
Overall, I think this concert is going to be one of her best from recent years. It seems like she was genuinely having fun and not taking herself too seriously, which is great!
Oh and I love how she messed up the lyrics in the beginning of rollin' but she went on like "hey, whatever! Let's just have fun here~" Gotta love those awesome Ayu moments.
Oh yea, and the crazy Ayu dancing...haha! *she's a maniac! MANIAC!!*

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 30th November 2009, 12:48 PM
walking proud Initiate

So far I have only seen Rollin and Sparkle.

The biggest positive for me was that I liked the stage. The rest, not so much.

Ayu just looked weird a lot of the time with that outfit and the faces she was pulling throughout both performances.

I like the song Rollin' and the concert reports were right - it certainly does have weird choreography. Her voice was not very good in this song.

Sparkle was basically how I suspected from the news clips - the only part that seems live is the ending no no nos especially when you compare to how her voice sounded just a few seconds earlier in Rollin. So I'm not the biggest fan of this performance either; but I never liked this song much to begin with anyways.

I know this is the part of the concert that most people were looking forward to the most, but for me this is probably what I want to see least, so hopefully the rest is better.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 30th November 2009 at 12:51 PM.
Old 30th November 2009, 01:10 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I love it!! I've seen rollin', sparkle, evolution and SIGNAL and I just can say that it's pure amusement. Evolution performance was the usual perf but the audience seemed to be wilder and more energetic than in the past concerts, something which I liked. SIGNAL was better than that I was expecting, the best part for me is when she says "IT'S SHOW TIME!" and the dancers start dancing individually (not always though).

rollin' was so funny and entertaining, with all her weird dances and faces. Sparkle performance was... really strange, I don't know if it was what I wanted it to be, but at least I think that I like it.

The stage, lights, screens, effects and camera editing are simply EPIC.

When the tour started and we got lots of photos and reports I said something: "I won't judge it until I watch it". Time passed and my expectations were lower because I didn't see it like a NEXT LEVEL, like the title of the tour announces but... I have to say that I'm very pleased with what I've watched, it is something new, something we needed, isn't it? So, now I'm hoping that the rest of songs will be as great as the ones we already saw.

Good job Ayu and Ayu's team!
Old 30th November 2009, 02:45 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

From the 4 perfomances I saw so far I loved it, it a very energetic concert.

Rollin' - The probably the most funniest, cutest, and robotic performance I've seen. Can't stop watching it!

Sparkle - Energetic, like how she gets the fans involved

Evolution - Is almost like some of the Evolution she's perform. (AT07 is still the best in my opinion)

Signal- Its ok, I guessed it not my favorite song.

The stage is awesome compare to the past, lighting is great, and costume is ok for now cause all I've seen in these performance are just sparkly costume. Have to watch the whole performance to see the rest of the costume.

Last edited by mobius; 30th November 2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 30th November 2009, 03:03 PM
from your letter Initiate

I love the stage design!! It's really different from previous years.. And the HUGE screens are a plus too! I enjoyed Rollin' although it isn't my favourite song from the album Sparkle lacked that X-factor, but nevertheless, I enjoyed it too~ It was nice to see her acting silly in Rollin' and the part she forgot her lyrics was funny! Now, I'm anticipating the DVD

Old 30th November 2009, 04:12 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

i have only seen rollin and omg!!! i loved it it was so awesome!!! it did remind me of ai otsuka though

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITHproud member of ESS
kiss kiss frenchy frenchy | better than the love motion

Old 30th November 2009, 07:27 PM
Because of You Initiate

Ive seen rollin and Sparkle only, I like how stage looks, her clothes are fun and sparkly but the wig mh not so much. she was actin' so fun and cute, for a second I thought is she on drugs? lol. her voice was not that good, but not horrible either.
Old 30th November 2009, 07:32 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I've only seen evolution and the first few seconds of SIGNAL and listened to Sparkle and rollin'
So far, I liked evolution though it just was an average performance, but it was live, so it was good, SIGNAL looked amazing from these few seconds because the lights were going wild!
rollin' sounds VERY weird, I don't really like it and Sparkle...I think it might be playback, but I'm not sure because i only listened to it so far
Old 30th November 2009, 07:50 PM
BEST Initiate

Does she say "da da da da da" at the start of Rollin'? (As in, she forgot the lyrics?)
Old 30th November 2009, 07:54 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

opinion change after watching rollin' and Sparkle:
amazing stage set-up
weird but funny performances
Sparkle hardly could have been a more obvious playback aside the nononos at the end, but im not complaining, its the first playback i see so far andn it fits....
Old 1st December 2009, 12:11 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Ah I love it! The screens for Disco-munication are so cute!

Rule sounded great...though for the whole song, I was just thinking..."Ayu's boobs are huge" lol

LOVE 'n' HATE is totally hot! She sounds great ♥

identity is probably my favorite performance!
Old 1st December 2009, 12:45 AM
TO BE Initiate

Mm...meh? I'm about halfway through rollin', and while I haven't seen everything yet, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed in the lack of performance ingenuity. I sound like such a douche to say that, I suppose.
But with something like NEXT LEVEL, wouldn't it have been interesting to come at the tour from a slightly different angle, with some twists? Seconds before Ayu appeared, I suddenly had an image of her appearing from a big glass elevator in the back. The stage pop-up is fine, I suppose, but not exactly new.

...*is too picky, perhaps, and is now going to finishing watching the rest*

EDIT: After Sparkle..it was all right, but I guess I'm just getting used to it? The ending made it, for me. Especially Ayu's back-to-back with Maro, and Shuya's little hand-on-hip twist. xD

Last edited by Larien; 1st December 2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old 1st December 2009, 01:25 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I just finished rollin' and I'm onto Sparkle, and I too am feeling very disappointed. The whole thing feels kinda cheap, and those jumbotrons she's using (or whatever) to display those effects - which remind me of the effects from WMP - remind me of something from MUSIC STATION or something. It feels...nothing like a concert. And that wig. I'm a fan of Ayu with short hair, but this is ridiculous! Her CDL0708 short crop was so beautiful, and au naturel.

Maybe it's just that this is a TV broadcast. Haven't you guys said they can be different - and bad -sometimes? *sigh* I dunno, but I'm feeling let down. One thing's for sure: I am liking her male dancers this time, if you know what I mean. Sparkle's a hot song, and it's turning out to be a hot performance.

I can only hope the DVD might be better, or after these opening songs things will turn out better. And that Ayu will take off the damn wig.

EDIT: However, I do notice Ayu seems really peppy and into it, so that's always a good thing. >w< She looks like she's having so much fun, and when she took off those funky glasses, and then gave a "V", that was too cute! >w<

Subbed Kuu | driving_angel @ WKKW | Kuu GIFs

Old 1st December 2009, 01:28 AM
Because of You Initiate

Apparently, the whole performance of rollin' and Sparkle do not feel "cheap", but ayu needs to move more when she dances. She dances like.. a wood-doll that cannot move her joints.

Someone may say that that is the purpose of the performance, but I think she can act like robot in a more active and creative way. There is a room for improvement.

btw, when ayu performs rollin', the way she dances (0:58 - 1:15) reminds me this

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Last edited by kotora; 1st December 2009 at 01:53 AM.

Tags
arena tour 2009, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi