[News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th March 2019, 07:42 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrtwb View Post
Actually, does it actually cost a lot to produce more musics than touring?
In terms of investment, yes.
Her old songs are more recognizable than her new songs.

This is the sample math for Boys & Girls vs W

They both cost about the same to produce the song, but Boys & Girls get more ROIs than W because (1) it is an old song, (2), she released the song when she was in her career peak (3) the lyrics is more relatable (?), (4) She performs many times on TV, tour etc.

Her old songs are long term investment. She makes some new songs but they get forgotten quickly (with some exception, of course).

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 16th March 2019, 09:08 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrtwb View Post
Actually, does it actually cost a lot to produce more musics than touring?
It’s not about the cost, but the revenue. Touring brings her more cash than releasing new stuff.

I fear that Ayu just doesn’t have much new to say atm and that’s why she hasn’t released anything new. However she isn’t the type to go on a hiatus, so she is touring instead.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 16th March 2019, 09:13 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
It’s not about the cost, but the revenue. Touring brings her more cash than releasing new stuff.

I fear that Ayu just doesn’t have much new to say atm and that’s why she hasn’t released anything new. However she isn’t the type to go on a hiatus, so she is touring instead.
by touring since JTB, POM18 and Trouble and the coming POA3 and the again coming Trouble2.0, i hope there should be enough revenue to release some quality music. plus releasing dvd could also bring in revenue although not much but wondering why avex isnt doing that...
Power of Music ~20th Anniversary~, 7th Apr (6) & 8th Apr 2018 (7)
Countdown Live 2019 - 2020 ~Promised Land~, 31st Dec 2019 (8)
25th Anniversary Live, 8th Apr 2023 (9)
25th Anniversary Live Tour, 18th Aug 2023 (10) — LUCKY BOY!!!
Old 16th March 2019, 09:29 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

She seems to take the safe easy road, as someone said, and just promoting existing material in smaller venues. Yes, the shows require energy to perform, but they don't have to create or promote anything, there are no big risks in it and they can continue as long as they can sell tickets, similar to what many western aging stars do (although she is just 40, it is surprising that she is already there in her career)
Old 16th March 2019, 10:59 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Btw, looks like we got only very small venues, right?
Old 16th March 2019, 12:30 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Yes, the shows require energy to perform, but they don't have to create or promote anything
Her team and ayu still have to come up with new numbers, props, etc and rehearse.
Old 16th March 2019, 02:16 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Her team and ayu still have to come up with new numbers, props, etc and rehearse.
Yeap... In the past 3 years she peformed more than half of her discography ans every song had it's own routine. This mean she had to create over 100 routines in the past years as she isn't recycling choreography from one song to another.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th March 2019, 02:38 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Yeap... In the past 3 years she peformed more than half of her discography ans every song had it's own routine. This mean she had to create over 100 routines in the past years as she isn't recycling choreography from one song to another.
Yeah... she‘s surely uninspiried and lazy. Has no fresh ideas and concepts.

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 16th March 2019, 03:02 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep snow View Post
good for you guys for managing to stay optimistic following news like this, given the circumstances—almost a superhuman ability!
if she isnt releasing new music I'm happy that at least her fans get to see her in concerts, and everytime I see her perform the passion for music is still there. I've seen other artists past their peaks unenthusiastically performing basically the same old songs just to get some money. At least with Ayu we have gotten performances for the inmense majority of songs in her discography. I dont understand these "circumstances" you speak about. Is it bad that she is still active and performing instead of just disappearing after 21 years and coming back every couple of years for some concerts and an album?
Old 16th March 2019, 03:42 PM
Voyage Initiate

I'm both happy and slightly disappointed in the news. I was so chuffed to see her update Instagram again (even though it's not long been long since her last update) and see we are getting another tour as I always anticipate the setlists.

But also disappointed as I feel this will be another tour that won't see a release. If we aren't getting new music (I'd love a full length album or a mini) then I'd like to at least buy her tours. There are so many unreleased tours and I'd love it if they released a boxset or something but I can't see it happening. Are the physical releases of tours not generating enough profit?

As other people have said I'm looking forward to the Numero interview - it'll be interesting to see if she talks about her current plans. I get that she wants to prioritise touring whilst she can though so totally support her in that.

I love the tour name too although I doubt it means that we'll get any (miss)understood tracks.
Old 16th March 2019, 03:46 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Just to chime in, some of you act that if she weren't touring, she would definitely be releasing music, which isn't necessarily the case. She's in a place where she wants to tour and has pretty much been performing for three years straight. She's not lazy, she just isn't in the head space to release music. I'm sure if she had time and the right idea, she would, but how do we expect her to release a full album (or really anything new) when she's traveling the country all year? Selfishly, of course I would love new music. I can't afford to travel to Japan and see her live, so her music is how I connect with her.
I understand the frustration and negativity. However, I think we expect too much of her sometimes.
Old 16th March 2019, 04:11 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^She could easily put a new album together while touring if she felt like that. She simply doesn't. And that's ok as she has a huge discography and pretty much overworked and released more than almost every other popstar out there.

Old 16th March 2019, 04:21 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ Yeah, it's not like she didn't do that from 2000 through what? 2015? Touring never stopped her from releasing new music.
Old 16th March 2019, 05:01 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^Wasn't Duty produced over a single month while touring the domes?

Old 16th March 2019, 05:15 PM
LIMIT Initiate

I thought I had heard or read somewhere that she was uncomfortable with the pace of her early career and felt overworked. It’s not fair to expect to keep that insane pace. It takes a lot of energy not just to write songs, but to record songs, be involved in the production process, do photoshoots, film PVs, do press and promotion all that on top of maintaining what must be a rigorous rehearsal schedule and doing multiple shows weekly for months across the country. That’s insane! You say she can “easily” do that? A single song is hard enough given her schedule, but to expect a full album? Come on, guys. I want new music too, but we can’t expect her to maintain the same pace she had twenty years ago.
Old 16th March 2019, 05:32 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I’m pretty uninspired by the hall tours.
None of them particularly stand out, there’s very little difference in theme, feeling and setlists.

I’m excited about Saitama Super Arena, and I thought it was a sign of something new to come. But another hall tour with no new material is just... I mean how many times can I pay to see the same things rehashed? It’s getting stale. And I never ever thought I’d ever be saying these things about Ayu.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 16th March 2019, 06:17 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzylovesongaku View Post
I thought I had heard or read somewhere that she was uncomfortable with the pace of her early career and felt overworked. It’s not fair to expect to keep that insane pace. It takes a lot of energy not just to write songs, but to record songs, be involved in the production process, do photoshoots, film PVs, do press and promotion all that on top of maintaining what must be a rigorous rehearsal schedule and doing multiple shows weekly for months across the country. That’s insane! You say she can “easily” do that? A single song is hard enough given her schedule, but to expect a full album? Come on, guys. I want new music too, but we can’t expect her to maintain the same pace she had twenty years ago.
I'm not saying I'm expecting new material because I'm not. I'm actually pretty ok with her current pace.

What I'm saying is that she most likely just doesn't feel like releasing new music, because if she wanted to, she would just go on and release new music. She doesn't, she wants to tour, and more power to her in doing whatever she feels like doing about her career.

Old 16th March 2019, 06:29 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I'm not saying I'm expecting new material because I'm not. I'm actually pretty ok with her current pace.

What I'm saying is that she most likely just doesn't feel like releasing new music, because if she wanted to, she would just go on and release new music. She doesn't, she wants to tour, and more power to her in doing whatever she feels like doing about her career.
I get that, and I agree. I mostly took issue with you saying it would be “easy” for her to make a new album in the middle of a tour. It wouldn’t be. It’s hard and time consuming to do it when she’s not touring nearly constantly. Honestly, even if I don’t necessarily love her touring all the time, if she’s doing what she wants to do, all I can do is be happy for her. From what you said, I think you think the same way
Old 16th March 2019, 07:34 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorcle Monster View Post
Is it bad that she is still active and performing instead of just disappearing after 21 years and coming back every couple of years for some concerts and an album?
If she really doesn't get any inspirations for making new music recently, my answer is yes, I hope she goes to take a rest and to explores more in music to find the possibility on her future career, also for the sake of her health. We have loved her because of her creativity. She used to produce new music and have new concepts in tour every year. But what she did in these two years is just like milking her old music and the fame of “Ayumi Hamasaki” in her peak, instead of moving forward with new music and new ideas. This is not what we want to see.
Old 16th March 2019, 07:35 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
But they were doing it before too, they just deleted the creation of new music, original content and the promotional reel around releases. They kept one thing (the tours) and got rid of the rest.
Closed Thread

Tags
misunderstood, trouble, trouble tour 2019-2020