New single 'Feel the love / Merry-go-round' out 12/25 [II] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th November 2013, 10:27 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linza-mo View Post
(I secretly dream that she will beat them anyway =D )
she could at least sell over L's debut week ^^
Old 19th November 2013, 10:41 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Just by what I'm hearing...this could be the end of an era. And the fact that she's 35, while HSJ members are in their 20s...Ayu's getting too old for me. (I'm looking more towards younger artists, that's my viewpoint...)
Old 19th November 2013, 10:52 AM
Two of us Initiate

Hey!Say!Jump! 's fans are the teenagers and Ayu's fans are the teens and the adults. Maybe the sold number of HSJ's single will be better ayu's one. But the cost of Ayu's single might be higher. I think we should consider this issue in terms of price.
Old 19th November 2013, 02:14 PM
End of the World Initiate

If anyone doesn't see this photo here it is.
Old 19th November 2013, 03:13 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Well, Ayu is an important artist with an amazing streak that is most probably about to be broken, of course the press is going to start talking about it... But comparing her sales for a live album with HSJ's single sales? Not really a fair comparison considering it's a one version live album, they really wanted to make clear how low her sales are compared to HSJ...

Old 19th November 2013, 04:28 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Just by what I'm hearing...this could be the end of an era. And the fact that she's 35, while HSJ members are in their 20s...Ayu's getting too old for me. (I'm looking more towards younger artists, that's my viewpoint...)
Well, bye.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 19th November 2013, 04:33 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Well, bye.
Big LOL @ you shade! ))
Old 19th November 2013, 05:43 PM
YOU Initiate

I'm 19 and just got into her last year and she is everything. Her age In no way effects how amazing her music continues to be and has always been. I like feel the love. And I'm so excited for merry go round. Whenever that's getting a preview is really like to know! Lol
Old 19th November 2013, 05:52 PM
Because of You Initiate

my fave list of artists consist of people 7-15 some even 20 years older than i am, all the singers that are now on the wave in japan just makes me think of Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus lol just not exactly stuff to get inspired by in life, tho i had to get throught listening to teenage crap as well, i guess that's a part of growing when you look back at that and think "what was i thinking?" lol except it was rather cleaner back in those days than it is now, but yeah...lol

Just comparing lyrics from today's idol groups and for example Ayu at her young years, it's like black and white.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 19th November 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 19th November 2013, 06:11 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
it really doesnt matter coz its NOT labelled her 51st single. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
Make it a collaboration single so it doesn't count as 51st single
Yes, yes! A few days ago I was biting my nails nervously thinking about how we could possibly hinder Avex from making "Feel the love" an official part of Ayu's discography. Let's destroy twitters bandwidth with a massive traffic-spam towards Ayu's account begging for mercy! She could generously gift the lyrics + composition to some low-budget songstress.

Last edited by channy; 19th November 2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 19th November 2013, 06:12 PM
Dolls Initiate

I really have no idea, why it is important, how old an artist is. I really don't care, if she is 35 or 20. Until I like her music, everything is fine for me. And I also don't stop listening her because her next single isn't so good. She made so much greate songs.. so I don't care, if there are some song's, I don't like.
Old 19th November 2013, 06:46 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
btw koda kumi sold 21k copies on the first week of her new single, we may expect a debut week around 50k then?
Feel The Love should be compared to Go To The Top as it's a comeback single with a lot of hype. Dreaming Now is Kuu's 4th single this era so I don't find it fair to compare them.

Either way Ayu has always had the best single sales out of the solo females over Namie, Kuu, Kana, Kyary, etc even if she sells less albums. I'm confident this single can do well

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Last edited by KuuXAyu-fan; 19th November 2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 19th November 2013, 07:26 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Go to the top was released one year ago, i think we can't compare one year ago sales to nowaday sales since it's always decreasing a lot. And I think you got me wrong, i'm not insulting Kuu about her sales, I'm just trying to figure out Ayu sales looking at another solo female act who used to also sell good numbers.
Old 19th November 2013, 07:36 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
Go to the top was released one year ago, i think we can't compare one year ago sales to nowaday sales since it's always decreasing a lot. And I think you got me wrong, i'm not insulting Kuu about her sales, I'm just trying to figure out Ayu sales looking at another solo female act who used to also sell good numbers.
Yeah your right about that probably. Namie's single this year sold 23k, Kuu's 21k, Kyary's last one 14k, Kana 22k. Ayu has a bigger hardcore fanbase than them all so I think she'll do 30-40k+. And my post wasn't meant to be defensive, just contributing to the discussion.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 19th November 2013, 08:03 PM
independent Initiate

I do agree, I don't care about her age but I do understand why it does matter to some.
How relatable are the thoughts of a 35 year old woman for a 15 old girl? They are at totally different phases in their live. Girls might have had their first heartbreak but a woman might talk about marriage or children. Being relatable isn't the most important thing but it makes it easier for someone to appeal to the masses.
Btw I'm not saying young people can't listen to someone a lot older than yourself, I'm just saying younger people might like to listen to younger artists more.

Apart from that, I don't think the streak is that important anymore. She won't be able to secure it if she doesn't change the release date. I also believe it'll be easier for Ayu to just do what she wants to do from now on. She won't have the pressure of getting number own anymore. It is sad to loose something this impressive but I think she'll be relieved.
We shouldn't worry too much about her sales, I'm hoping for good songs and not good sales, but that's just my opinion
Old 19th November 2013, 08:39 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
your posts just keep getting more and more bizarre

anyway...

not gonna lie it's upsetting that her streak will be broken but at the same time i see it as a breathe of fresh air. i think we can all agree that the streak conversations were beyond annoying and now they can finally be laid to rest oh and i just remembered that tetsuya komuro is the one who blocked seiko from getting #1 ending her streak, and now a song that he's producing will be the one that ends ayu's streak
Old 19th November 2013, 10:52 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
So long.

I don't get people. Can't you just listen to music even if it's not the hottest thing out there? Why does it matter how old an artist is if you enjoy their music. I can listen to both Greyson Chance and GACKT, one is barely 17, but makes enjoyable pop/rock music with nice lyrics and the other one is nearly 40, but also makes appealing tunes.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 19th November 2013, 10:53 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

supporting an artiste just because of his/her age is the most dumbest thing I've ever come across

from the way I see it , for Johnny to put Hey ! Say ! JUMP's new single on the same release date as ayumi , that's saying something . It means that this whole #1 single streak is something avex is starting not to be as paranoid as before

and if you think avex is paranoid , Johnny is even more up there & being in both fandoms for a long time , I've seen it all

also sorry what logic is this , for you to support an artiste based on his/her age ? I support artiste/s based on how talented they're & you mean to say that I'm an adult , I should support someone younger than me ?

is it any wonder on why there's such a thing on AHS called the Ignore Block List

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 19th November 2013, 11:49 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
You sure that was the right thing to say? (Now granted, that was pretty dumb thing to say!) O.o I mean, Seiko Matsuda is 51 years old, she's still pretty active, and still going strong. I can say the same about the guys in B'z and they still appeal to people around the teens, 20's, and 30's... So don't knock a person just because of their age. Also, don't lose hope in an artist, just because they're getting older. Like wine, some are just better with time! (Ok, THAT sounded kinda dumb! )

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm

Last edited by YuriChan; 19th November 2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 20th November 2013, 12:43 AM
Secret Initiate

I can't believe y'all still caught up in the sales who the hell cares lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
is it any wonder on why there's such a thing on AHS called the Ignore Block List
And yet you insist on replying to him every chance you get in any topic you both post in.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, hamasaki ayumi, merry-go-round