[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~ - Page 19 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2018, 09:31 PM
Because of You Initiate

I guess i just never payed that much attention to stuff like that. And the fact that it gets brought up every time Ayu does something, just makes it far worse. though i dunno, i mean sure i've seen the crap on western part of the world, but it usually is buried by the positive stuff. Maybe the negative stuff around here just gets dragged out more than the comments of support by the Japanese folks online?

I suppose i just don't quite get it because i don't quite care about that stuff myself (looks and etc. of a celeb) unless it's something REALLY drastically different and out of the ordinary for the character of that person that they usually are in public.

I just don't understand why Japan takes certain things as the worst case, when it comes to celebrities. a lot of the stuff is rather tame and bland compared to what we sometimes see in the west. It's just kinda silly to me. I dunno....
Old 30th July 2018, 10:14 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Maybe it's not appropriate to say this, but I've really thought Ayu's fuller figure has been very pretty on her.

There were some pictures of her around that time where she looked like total hottie. <3

Last edited by DonkeyKongRemix; 31st July 2018 at 01:16 AM.
Old 30th July 2018, 10:23 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

While I do think dating scandals are a bigger deal in Japan, on the other hand Taylor Swift was shamed for having too many boyfriends the same way ayu was shamed for having too many husbands haha

I personally notice that, at least for myself, I notice negative comments much more when I stan someone. And also in ayu's case, her fandom is much smaller these days, that's why negative comments are not buried
Old 30th July 2018, 11:37 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

OH MY GOD I AM IN LOVE WITH THE SUNGLASSES IG VID TEASER!!!!!!!!!!!

i absolutely live for rock songs and i am so glad ayu isnt jumping on bandwagons and is releasing a song like this in 2018 when the rock scene is endangered.

anyway i am still very excited for the release! im not very used to japanese releases because ive been into kpop where everything has a formula so ayus weird ig teasers and messy spotify marketing is truly like a breath of fresh air to me

u got my attention and support ayuuuu
Old 31st July 2018, 05:00 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainity View Post
OH MY GOD I AM IN LOVE WITH THE SUNGLASSES IG VID TEASER!!!!!!!!!!!

i absolutely live for rock songs and i am so glad ayu isnt jumping on bandwagons and is releasing a song like this in 2018 when the rock scene is endangered.

anyway i am still very excited for the release! im not very used to japanese releases because ive been into kpop where everything has a formula so ayus weird ig teasers and messy spotify marketing is truly like a breath of fresh air to me

u got my attention and support ayuuuu
I'm loving the LINE LIVE performance. I'm actually super thrilled that THAT is what came out of her sessions with Tim back on the other IG video. And you can tell in these videos that Ayu has reconnected to something she hasn't felt in years. It's different from the MADE IN JAPAN/Winter diary/sixxxxxx/A ONE/Colours works.

These definitely sound like Ayu songs. I just wonder if their full cuts will be noticeably different from what she's done in the last several years. (I at least think there is something different here.)

-> <-
Old 31st July 2018, 07:04 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
While agree that age generally does give women deeper voices, I actually think that Ayu's natural voice was a bit deeper to begin with. It was her super high head voice at the beginning of her career that was unnatural. If you go all the way back to her Idol on Stage lives or some of the songs on Nothing from Nothing, her natural tone seems to sit a lot easier in lower notes. It was just the thing at the time in Jpop that everyone needed to be singing unnaturally high for their ranges (ahem, Globe etc.).
Exactly!

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 31st July 2018, 07:35 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
Maybe something that we will never throw her away and the future is always bright, referring to The way I am lyrics
Maybe we could name it with Hashtag TheWayWeAre
How about "I love you #Thewayyouare" and then we say something we like about her? It can range from simple, playful things (because you look good in short hair) to serious matters (because your music saved my life).

Quote:
While agree that age generally does give women deeper voices, I actually think that Ayu's natural voice was a bit deeper to begin with. It was her super high head voice at the beginning of her career that was unnatural. If you go all the way back to her Idol on Stage lives or some of the songs on Nothing from Nothing, her natural tone seems to sit a lot easier in lower notes. It was just the thing at the time in Jpop that everyone needed to be singing unnaturally high for their ranges (ahem, Globe etc.).
I remember back in the days when I first listened to or watched one of her Idol on Stage performances, preparing myself for an even higher, squeakier voice, only to be pleasently surprised by her deep voice.
She was always famous for having a singing voice completely different to her speaking voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post
Next up, Ayu posts her cucumber and tofu salads and drops 10 lbs.

Internet: We miss her pigging out!
lol
Just you wait. If she would get back to her past weight people will say that she looked much more healthy before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
(Edit: I don't think saying something like "she looks good" or "she looks sexy" is automatically the same as saying "she looks hot". Looking good or sexy can mean a lot of things, whereas there are no two ways of looking hot within celebrity culture and I think there are a lot of damaging iimplications which "looking hot" has for women, because it's way more about physical appearance than about different things like overall style, charisma and so on.)
I agree. "She's hot" is such a nonstatement. It basically boils down to physicality, like you said, and in general means "Would f***".

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Ayu has great figure she always did, and she's a famous lady, so why would she need to dress like a 60 year old if she's not? She's a modern woman that has money in her hands, a business lady who's representing herself and her "product", so i don't see why she can't look like she does.
One thing i don't get is, why i don't hear the same crap about GACKT. That man is in his 40s wearing t-shirts and saggy crotch skinny pants, posing half nude for instagram pics and doing nothing really significant but Japanese don't seem to mind it, at least not that i have heard of anything lol So i sort of don't get this whole thing for Ayu...
I also don't get the comments about dressing age-appropriate or wearing make-up appropriate for Japanese people (Gay Pride performance) when being on stage has its own rules. And we have the 21st century. There's no need for 40 year old women to dress like a granny.
GACKT is a man. Men age like fine wine. Gray hair, wrinkles - all of that makes men only more attractive. But women become old hags. That's the world we live in, basically.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Last edited by Aga-chan; 31st July 2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Need to quote a lot, sorry.
Old 31st July 2018, 09:16 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
@rainbow_smile , Chibi-chan :
Japanese DO have a bit of a problem though with that sort of stuff. None really says "Britney should retire, she's old, she's a thing of the past" or anything about her "scandals" that happened a while ago over and over again. People tend to forget and move on, but Japan doesn't seem to. I dunno. When it comes to bodies it's probably the same as in the west, but i've had friends who had to deal with this bullshit IRL in Japan, and they are NOT celebrities...I dunno.
Ayu has great figure she always did, and she's a famous lady, so why would she need to dress like a 60 year old if she's not? She's a modern woman that has money in her hands, a business lady who's representing herself and her "product", so i don't see why she can't look like she does.
One thing i don't get is, why i don't hear the same crap about GACKT. That man is in his 40s wearing t-shirts and saggy crotch skinny pants, posing half nude for instagram pics and doing nothing really significant but Japanese don't seem to mind it, at least not that i have heard of anything lol So i sort of don't get this whole thing for Ayu...
Well... It depends on the day and the article haha

http://minuskakugo.blogspot.com/2015...ing-weird.html
http://minuskakugo.blogspot.com/2017...k-to-fans.html

Hey, the reason of this smile and the meaning of this word can't be understood
Because I don't even want to make them understood
— until that Day...

Old 31st July 2018, 09:42 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uknow! View Post
I would just love to see what their stomachs look like. Once you are past certain age, depending on your job and lifestyle it gets harder and harder to keep your tummy in order!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 31st July 2018, 10:08 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I would like to see how looks people who always say that ayu is fat
Old 31st July 2018, 10:23 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Agree. And this squeaky voice is one of the first factors that damaged her voice. I can't listen to the remastered version of the A Best because it unveiled the pain of her vocal chords. I clearly hear the strain they bore. >.<
Old 31st July 2018, 03:41 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalini-dahlia View Post
Maybe it's not appropriate to say this, but I've really thought Ayu's fuller figure has been very pretty on her.
Same here! She looks healthy, happy, and extremely gorgeous.

Also, I only now had a chance to watch the LINE LIVE and her voice was so good there!
Old 31st July 2018, 04:26 PM
I am... Initiate

^I came across an old TV performance of, I think, SURREAL on youtube and though there were comments saying that they wished she would go back to that weight again, I actually thought, knowing how she looks now, she was too thin.
She admitted to not eating properly in the past, so I take her fuller self over not taking proper care of herself.

There is a misconception that thin means healthy, but there're a lot of thin people who don't live a healthy life and are thin because of a good metabolism or genes or something.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 31st July 2018, 05:10 PM
too late Initiate

The woman looks good physically. She is just right. During the A SUMMER BEST era she was really unhealthy skinny. I would really like to know how those people who say that Ayu is fat look like? Like,they all have a six pack and adam's belt and are all ripped?
As if.
Old 31st July 2018, 05:26 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t it considered more or less acceptable to point out somebody’s weight in Japan?
Old 31st July 2018, 05:28 PM
Lelio Protector

When I first heard about a new album I was really happy and surprised, but then I got to know that it would be more like a mini album, and if We are the Queens and WODS are on it, kind of dissapointed because obviously I wanted a lot of new songs. Even so, the gists we got so far sound promising and it might become a solid release. I wonder if it’s going to be LOVE again, again, but the new tour is called TROUBLE, so I really wonder if there is going to be a part 2 and then a combined plus release (with another tour later?). Hard to guess.

ayu’s FNS lives was mostly splendid, I think ahe sang great in most of it and it was a really different experience than past tv performances. I think that ayu’s size was also quite normal and people exaggarate with the “fat” word too much. But it’s shouganai I suppose since people expect her to be super skinny... which she has no reason to be.
Old 31st July 2018, 05:39 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
When I first heard about a new album I was really happy and surprised, but then I got to know that it would be more like a mini album, and if We are the Queens and WODS are on it, kind of dissapointed because obviously I wanted a lot of new songs. Even so, the gists we got so far sound promising and it might become a solid release. I wonder if it’s going to be LOVE again, again, but the new tour is called TROUBLE, so I really wonder if there is going to be a part 2 and then a combined plus release (with another tour later?). Hard to guess.

ayu’s FNS lives was mostly splendid, I think ahe sang great in most of it and it was a really different experience than past tv performances. I think that ayu’s size was also quite normal and people exaggarate with the “fat” word too much. But it’s shouganai I suppose since people expect her to be super skinny... which she has no reason to be.
Imagine her next mini album called SE7EN with 7 tracks yet this album has 5 tracks only.

AHS would have another drama moments.

#Spillthetea

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 31st July 2018, 06:59 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I am still holding out hope there's a surprise in all this. Doesn't make sense to have two jackets for the same content. Even if each version has a different hidden track, that would be a lot better.

Also, why is the tracklist a giant mystery anyway? Usually we are waiting for the covers but we got those pretty quickly.

Something is up.
Old 31st July 2018, 07:05 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaristos View Post
Same here! She looks healthy, happy, and extremely gorgeous.
Agreed, she looks great to me even when "bloated". She may not wear the most flattering outfits but her body is still gorgeous when fuller in my opinion. All the times that fans or antis called her fat are seriously pathetic to me. I don't think she has ever been overweight in her life. She goes up and down probably 15 lbs at the most but probably even less, it's just more noticeable because she is short and petite. Like people have said, who knows what meds she's on at the moment or maybe she just likes to eat an extra burger or chocolate now and then and her metabolism is slowing down as she ages? The woman is human.
Old 1st August 2018, 12:57 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I wouldn't mind at all if its just a mini album but hey, there's also the possibility that she pulls off a Team Rocket and goes "Here comes TROUBLE, and make it double!" and announce another release soon
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble