Online Shopping Help Thread #2 - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 19th August 2011, 10:29 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

^^ thank you! i was looking for these!
just bought one of each... ugghhh cdjapan's shipping is a KILLER X_X

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://white-creation.livejournal.com/ - credits go to artcika for these amazing graphics!!

Old 19th August 2011, 10:53 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

^^ Yes I believe so! I'll order and try them out since the price is reasonable. Thank you

I'm looking to buy near 500+ sleeves or so and 20 CD+DVD cases, so if anyone has any other places they suggest I can try. Even local shops. I get CD cases at staples, usually 30 for $10.

@mirrorcleworld I know I hate it! I am buying FIVE so I think I'm just going to wait to send them together and save shipping (otherwise the shipping costs two times as much as the item..)
Old 19th August 2011, 01:48 PM
Voyage Initiate

I bought this 2 years ago and they are great, but one advice:

Be VERY CAREFUL when you pack CD+DVD into the sleeves, they are EXTREMELY tight. I ripped 2 of them trying to fit A BEST 2 because of the sleeve of the CD it's thicker and didn't fit well inside the plastic...
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 19th August 2011, 05:22 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

^^Oh, that doesn't sound too good, it's just as hard to take them out right? I hope this isn't the same as the covers for the regular jewel cases...

http://white-creation.livejournal.com/ - credits go to artcika for these amazing graphics!!

Old 19th August 2011, 11:13 PM
Liar Initiate

Damita, make sure those are what you want. Those are not the resealable kinds with the sticky strip. Those are just sleeves that sit over the CD (or +DVD) case. I bought the CD+DVD vers. before and they're not even a good fit. If you go to Frys Electronics, you might find CD resealable bags. Unfortunately my Frys no longer carries them
Old 23rd August 2011, 05:22 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

ok, i think this is the wrong place to ask, but i really don't know where else to put this. anyway, has anyone ever tried out those OBI covers the suppliers of the cd sleeves have for sale also? are they worth buying?

Old 2nd September 2011, 09:15 PM
P.S II Initiate

Where is the best place to buy Avex B2-sized calendars from, YesAsia or CDJapan, and how does each store send them?

I want to buy SUPER GiRLS' first calendar but I don't know where I should get it since I never bought one before. :/
Old 2nd September 2011, 11:41 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

If you don't care about the price I would say CDJapan, they have great packaging especially made for calendars.
As for YesAsia, they are not so bad either, if you want to save some $$$ in shipping fees, that's your option
If I remember well the packaging wasn't bad, just nothing can beat CDJapan on that matter <3

KUMONOITO.NETDEVIANTART.COMTWITTER

Old 3rd September 2011, 03:26 AM
P.S II Initiate

As I understand it, the calendars come rolled up, right?

So I guess CDJapan sends them in a special box while YesAsia just does their usual lots-and-lots of bubblewrap?
Old 3rd September 2011, 03:39 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

for CDJapan , all the calendars are rolled up & packaged in a huge cardboard box

it's the same thing they do for posters as well . I don't know the way YesAsia & HMV Japan does but yeah you get the idea :O

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 3rd September 2011, 05:28 PM
P.S II Initiate

Hm, thanks for the infos you guys.

The difference in cost would be about $5-10 and I guess I just have to decide if the savings are worth the wait and risk. YesAsia is quicker but CDJapan is safer.
Old 4th September 2011, 12:37 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I don't know that this is necessarily the right place to ask this, but I believe it is. Does anyone know of any prepaid debit cards (e.g. ones you can buy at walgreens) that can be used on sites such as play-asia?
Old 8th September 2011, 10:25 PM
still alone Initiate

When is it estimated for pre-ordered albums to be shipped from CDJ? I heard some people say they receive their stuff even before the actual release date which really confuses me. Taking in the shipping time in account, that means that CDJ shipped their stuff at least one week before the actual release date.
Old 8th September 2011, 10:51 PM
P.S II Initiate

^CDJapan usually ships overseas orders on the Friday or Monday before the release date.

When someone gets their order before the release date it's usually only a day before and they used EMS.
Old 8th September 2011, 11:29 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTKLAS View Post
^CDJapan usually ships overseas orders on the Friday or Monday before the release date.

When someone gets their order before the release date it's usually only a day before and they used EMS.
I used to get my pre-orders a day early when I ordered by EMS but with FIVE CDJ broke the tradition and I got it ON the release day... for shame -_-

@redhairedking: Do you mean pre-paid credit cards? Cause I always use them when I shop online (I'm paranoid to use an actual credit card ). I don't know about what ones are available in your country but once it's a pre-paid MasterCard/Visa/American Express thing you should be good to use it as long as the websites ship worldwide. I haven't tried using them with the whole "middle-man" technique for sites that only ship around Japan...

Thank you ownsarai for the amazing set

Old 9th September 2011, 02:31 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiharo View Post
When is it estimated for pre-ordered albums to be shipped from CDJ? I heard some people say they receive their stuff even before the actual release date which really confuses me. Taking in the shipping time in account, that means that CDJ shipped their stuff at least one week before the actual release date.
sometimes , stock for new releases might come in early on Fri/Sat which also can explain why sometimes , certain releases tend to leak out earlier than the rest :O

I guess it really depends on the record label ? I know usually for avex & Johnny's releases tend to arrive at the warehouse much earlier than the rest but I could be wrong about it =O

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 9th September 2011, 10:45 AM
still alone Initiate

I see... Thanks everyone for replying!
Old 13th September 2011, 09:58 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
for CDJapan , all the calendars are rolled up & packaged in a huge cardboard box

it's the same thing they do for posters as well . I don't know the way YesAsia & HMV Japan does but yeah you get the idea :O
YesAsia sends Calendars in a poster tube.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:36 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyrhythm View Post
Damita, make sure those are what you want. Those are not the resealable kinds with the sticky strip. Those are just sleeves that sit over the CD (or +DVD) case. I bought the CD+DVD vers. before and they're not even a good fit. If you go to Frys Electronics, you might find CD resealable bags. Unfortunately my Frys no longer carries them
Thanks for your advice, I did keep that in mind. I've been waiting to reply because I wanted to test them out before I give you the verdict. Since they were very cheap for one pack, I tried them both out.

Anyways you are right, I cannot use them for items that come in huge slipcases (mainly CD+DVD, I tried with Nana Mizuki's and the actual paper cracked), but for regular CD's and CD+DVD's, they fit perfectly. In fact, My Rock'NRoll Circus CD+DVD with photobook even fit! The only problem, like you said, is that they are not resealable and leave part of it exposed. So if water spills on it, there's still a chance it may get into the sleeve. But still, they are great and they look good and I'm glad I got them.
Old 23rd November 2011, 04:22 PM
ayu trance Initiate

As I am doing a little gift shopping for myself at CDJapan, I am reminded of my experience from my first order there. They did everything perfectly but the US postal service sent a damaged envelope (made some writing mistakes on address so second envelope needed) along with the actual envelope containing my money order. When the damaged envelope came back, I was so scared that something had happened to the contents inside. When I went into the post office to tell them, the girl who had helped me before was so embarassed that she had sent the damaged envelope too. For anyone considering money orders, there is an option at the post office to be able to track its progress (around $20-30 for 6-10 day international priority). I don't know how many of you use money orders as payment but outside of the USPS being stupid, I found it reliable as I worry about how my card would be charged and using it online.

Tags
cdjapan, hmv, yesasia