ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [I] - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th April 2009, 02:06 AM
still alone Initiate

More comments:

People say that her costumes are very similar to previous tours.
There was some sort of electrical/technical failure for the opening movie.
The setlist/whole thing was sloppy but this mixi member's most memorable performance was In the Corner because the dance was so cool, Signal because it broke back a lot of memories, Everywhere Nowhere because of the lyrics love is not an illusion, and your dreams will come true, the light of your hopes/wishes will shine through, and Hope or Pain because it's one of her favorites and she was so happy she sang it.
They all think she sang the old songs because she did it for the people who didn't go [to the PCDL] and wanted to hear them.
Explosions for Rule and Identity.
The use of the screens was super extravagent.
There was silver tape (ribbons), so it was very pretty and colorful.
EnergizE costume was super cute.
Okay so the kiddy thing I mentioned earlier they keep saying "aka-chan" so baby Ayu?

Edit: OH! So this baby Ayu thing was because Ayu showed a picture of herself when she was a baby.

Last edited by Huaka; 12th April 2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:14 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaka View Post
More comments:

People say that her costumes are very similar to previous tours.
There was some sort of electrical/technical failure for the opening movie.
The setlist/whole thing was sloppy but this mixi member's most memorable performance was In the Corner because the dance was so cool, Signal because it broke back a lot of memories, Everywhere Nowhere because of the lyrics love is not an illusion, and your dreams will come true, the light of your hopes/wishes will shine through, and Hope or Pain because it's one of her favorites and she was so happy she sang it.
They all think she sang the old songs because she did it for the people who didn't go [to the PCDL] and wanted to hear them.
Explosions for Rule and Identity.
The use of the screens was super extravagent.
There was silver tape (ribbons), so it was very pretty and colorful.
EnergizE costume was super cute.
Okay so the kiddy thing I mentioned earlier they keep saying "aka-chan" so baby Ayu?

Edit: OH! So this baby Ayu thing was because Ayu showed a picture of herself when she was a baby.

Sounds great!!
I also thought ayu wanted to sing some of the PCDL songs for the people who couldn't go to the PCDL.

The outfits in the pics on the last page looked better and some new outfits look awesome.

She did recycle some outifts, most likely from the reason of the PCDL songs, she used them in PCDL (and one on CDL07-08 I think) but since most people didn't have a chance to have a look at them she wanted to use them again.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 12th April 2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:14 AM
Initiate

God! I'm SO disappointed! Her outfits are exactly like previews ones just different colors! This concert looks more like a CDL than an Arena Tour...:/ God. I'm not looking forward to it at all.

Old 12th April 2009, 02:15 AM
still alone Initiate

Ya I confirmed she wear the same pants for 5 songs U_U...unusual for her...

anyway...

I hope everything goes well...she may/could hange some costumes, like the colours or even the whole costume if she feel unright or sth. It happened in m(u) and AT08..and some other tour
Old 12th April 2009, 02:17 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashoku View Post
God! I'm SO disappointed! Her outfits are exactly like previews ones just different colors! This concert looks more like a CDL than an Arena Tour...:/ God. I'm not looking forward to it at all.
I agree with you
Old 12th April 2009, 02:24 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

^haha, me too...
I mistook the photos like a CDL....
Old 12th April 2009, 02:28 AM
still alone Initiate

Comments:

The previous tours felt like Ayu, Peco, Princess, Yocchan, Enrike, but today's one felt more like Ayu and the dancers.
It felt like Ayu and Shu-ya's love story. O_o.
This person felt like she's going through a recession dump. Nothing stood out about her performances, or her costumes.
During Audience when the male and female dancers separeted, their steps were like Fly High's.
The A mark was a 7 colored rainbow.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:30 AM
Sky high Protector

Honestly, do you think that Ayu have a lot of time to prepare her concert? Since the begining she kept running everywhere tomake photoshoot, album, pv's, dancer selection, ... It's really so much!
Th tracklist can change during the tour. She always did that in he previous concert! And she can change her outfits like she did in the AT06!
I think she listened to her fans too. Because most of them love in the corner's performance at PCDL. So she did it again!
Old 12th April 2009, 02:32 AM
Lelio Protector

It seems like half of the outfits are new and half are from PCDL (and one or two from CDL 07-08).
She had a damn good reason though to use them since most of the people that will go to NL tour are people who didn't go to the CDLs (since they are just 2 shows) and she wants to show them and sing some songs of the PCDL.
Most of us unfortunately couldn't care less for the poor girl's intensions and we want her to use only new outfits and sing only new songs apperantely =P.

I'm not surprised that one of the people on mixi liked In The Corner performance the most (even if it was recycled) most likely he/she couldn't go to the PCDL.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:34 AM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking.proud View Post
Wow yeaahh!! AT 2009 NEXT LEVEL outfits, more photos!

RULE/UNITE

HOPE or PAIN/GREEN/Days

Evolution/SIGNAL

Sparkle/rollin'

NEXT LEVEL

ENCORE

yeah....
LOL.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:43 AM
still alone Initiate

Some more (I have like 5 more pages to go through):

The introduction to Rule was done acapella.
They said Ayu's Christian. O_O.
Ayu had lots of make-up to conceal the dark circles under her eyes.
This mixi member thinks there's a connection with the 7, and it might have something to do with Dragonball. Because the song is called Pieces of SEVEN and the Load of Shugyo song, the word is connected with Dragonball. She says she's probably reading too much into it.

Wow, kinda tired. Ima take a break and translate more later.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:44 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Well... I don't really care... I don't watch ayu performaces because of the outfits or special effects...

But a white stage + light = a lot of possibilities

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 12th April 2009, 02:47 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
I love this outfit. Hot.
I don't mind recycling outfits, but I have never like those pants that are ripped down the sides. They are ugly and she always wears them up too high. I am happy there's no outfit with fat hanging over it and I like the setlist, but yeah kinda disappointed. Glad I didn't buy tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Most of us unfortunately couldn't care less for the poor girl's intensions and we want her to use only new outfits and sing only new songs apperantely =P
Well I think lotsa people are kinda disappointed or unimpressed because Ayu has been talking about the "NEXT LEVEL" in everything and I was expecting something at least new. She usually will reuse a few things, but this is a lot of the same. Recycled songs, routines, and outfits does not take us to the next level. Anyways, as long as she sounds okay then I'll be happy and will probably get it.

Want free giftcards? Check this out.

set by ownsarai

Last edited by Megshere; 12th April 2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:49 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huaka View Post
Comments:

The previous tours felt like Ayu, Peco, Princess, Yocchan, Enrike, but today's one felt more like Ayu and the dancers.
ICK. Although at least Peco and Princess aren't there as much....

lol @ walking.proud's photo comparison.

I will probably be in Tokyo for the October dates and right now all I can really say is that I'm glad I'll at least be able to get them for super cheap on the resale market.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 12th April 2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:50 AM
TO BE Initiate

wow I LOVE the setlist! SIGNAL *____* In The Corner <3! unusual songs fans unite!

the outfits are ok

But it will be cool If Ayu change her Rule outfit for somethin like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soGrQUc6kpA

Old 12th April 2009, 02:55 AM
Lee_410

I love that outfit with the hotpants,it's the best!
Old 12th April 2009, 02:56 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megshere View Post
I love this outfit. Hot.
I don't mind recycling outfits, but I have never like those pants that are ripped down the sides. They are ugly and she always wears them up too high. I am happy there's no outfit with fat hanging over it and I like the setlist, but yeah kinda disappointed. Glad I didn't buy tickets.

Well I think lotsa people are kinda disappointed or unimpressed because Ayu has been talking about the "NEXT LEVEL" in everything and I was expecting something at least new. She usually will reuse a few things, but this is a lot of the same. Recycled songs, routines, and outfits does not a next level make. Anyways, as long as she sounds okay then I'll be happy and will probably get it.
She does sing the whole NEXT LEVEL album with bringing other songs to context them into the tour's story.
The recycled thing here is mainly the PCDL songs and some of the outfits from there. The outfits themselves aren't next level (though the most important part is the music anyway) but she had a good intension of using them and the routines for most of the people that will go to the tour.
The PCDL just had 2 dates so most people couldn't see those performances and she's pretty generous and thoughtful to bring them (since we really liked them in the PCDL) into this tour.
Everyone is freely allowed to be dissapointed of course, but ayu's job isn't to satisfy us who watch the TV/DVD version of the PCDL and get sick if she does anything from it again nor only satisfy the japanese audience who went to the PCDL since the number of people who saw that are nothing compared to the people who will see the tour. I just don't blame her even though I myself would like to see some better customs. I did like most of the new ones she does look sexy or cute in most of them.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:56 AM
still alone Initiate

^ Rule intro was sung accapela? t2m AT08 much??? I dun think its nice...I was hoping she will just walk out from behind the Screen like MS performance or just pop out from below the stage
Old 12th April 2009, 02:58 AM
Lelio Protector

I think that Rule acappella might be cooler than t2m acapella lol.
t2m sounded kind of wierd.
Old 12th April 2009, 02:59 AM
still alone Initiate

^ t2m sounds better thou

oh well we'll just wait n see
Closed Thread

Tags
ayumi hamasaki, concert, next level, tour