Ayumi Hamasaki DataBank. - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 1st August 2004, 05:13 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ayu
i like this idea! anyways, here's my bit: yoshio plays guitar though there's prolly more to it than that (ex. acoustic, electric, etc..i know he plays more than one) and enrique the bass player! he's funny ^^ there are others to the band but i can't remember the names....^o^
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix Prime
Nothing major, but maybe you can add this:
meanie!!! haha J/K J/K!! I'll add them soon thanks!!

Old 1st August 2004, 05:21 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl1029530921
"Lyrics - All Ayu's lyrics are penned by herself, with a few exceptions. -more detailed description to come-"

arent ALL of her lyrics written byu herself,.O_o?sotsugyou shashin doesnt count cuz its not her song.
I didn't think she wrote the lyrics for 'gut it pez' and 'nothing from nothing' and all those songs.. or did she? that's why i said 'more info to come', coz i wasn't sure... anybody know?

Also yeah i was gonna add sotsugyou shashin because it features on one of her albums.. so i thought I should mention it.

Old 1st August 2004, 05:53 PM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
ABallads - Ayu's 2nd compilation album, released 12.03.03. Produced by Max Matsuura, included 14 tracks, all lyrics written by Ayumi Hamasaki with the exception of 'Sotsugyou sashin'. No singles released with this album, however there was a PV of the only original song on the album, 'Rainbow'. This album consisted of 12 of her previous songs, some of which were remixed into more ballad-ish type songs. It also included a cover version of 'Sotsugyou sashin' [or 'Graduation picture' in english], which was originally sung by [X]. This album sold [X] copies.
Yumi Matsutoya did the original version of 'Sotsugyou shashin'.
Old 2nd August 2004, 03:53 AM
ayu trance Initiate

wow cool!!! Great list, I'm gonna try to think of more to add to it
Old 2nd August 2004, 04:02 AM
Banned

A few others:

AX Music - Variety Show
CDTV (Countdown TV) - Variety show which showcases upcoming single, albums, and includes a few performances.
MTVAA - MTV Asia Awards. In 2002, Ayu attended this event in Singapore and sang "M".
NTV Special 2000/2004 - In this event, Ayu expessed her thoughts and feelings about her career, both past and present, to the public for the first time.
Old 2nd August 2004, 04:08 AM
P.S II Initiate

goooosh, such an amazing idea !!!!!!! =D
Old 2nd August 2004, 04:31 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Wow, that's a really good idea You should make a website for it!

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 2nd August 2004, 04:56 AM
no more words Initiate

This is a great idea. I dont think it should be on Wikipedia because then people could add false things. And ayu haters would post.
Old 2nd August 2004, 05:05 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Another one:

The melody for the BOSS theme song is taken from Nat King Cole's song "L-O-V-E."

Switch FC: SW-5149-1993-9785 | Battletag: leafshino#1780
Instagram | Twitter | Tumblr | PSN
Old 2nd August 2004, 09:47 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmskalmn
Yumi Matsutoya did the original version of 'Sotsugyou shashin'.
Thanx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogirlanime
wow cool!!! Great list, I'm gonna try to think of more to add to
brilliant!! even small little obvious things that have been forggoten will help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnimatrixPrime
AX Music - Variety Show
CDTV (Countdown TV) - Variety show which showcases upcoming single, albums, and includes a few performances.
MTVAA - MTV Asia Awards. In 2002, Ayu attended this event in Singapore and sang "M".
NTV Special 2000/2004 - In this event, Ayu expessed her thoughts and feelings about her career, both past and present, to the public for the first time.
Thanx Unimatrix, I'll add these. (i'm still working on the last list LoL)Anybody know who hosts AX Music or CDTV? or what channel or day they air on? That typa stuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardation
gosh, such an amazing idea !!!!!!! =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbobory
Wow, that's a really good idea You should make a website for it!
Glad you both like it! anything you wanna add?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayuspeed
This is a great idea. I dont think it should be on Wikipedia because then people could add false things. And ayu haters would post.
That's true.. i neva thought about that. Maybe just forget about Wikipedia then! thanx for the advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafyamazaki
Another one:

The melody for the BOSS theme song is taken from Nat King Cole's song "L-O-V-E."
really? Thanx i neva knew that! I'm sure a heap of other fans don't either!!

Old 2nd August 2004, 11:24 AM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei..
Anybody know who hosts AX Music or CDTV? or what channel or day they air on? That typa stuff?
CDTV is on TBS: http://www.tbs.co.jp/cdtv/
AX Music is on NTV: http://www.ntv.co.jp/ax-mtv/index.html
Old 3rd August 2004, 10:52 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

thanx nmskalmn!

Old 4th August 2004, 01:36 AM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayuspeed
I disagree. If Rei.. wants I think it would be good to post some of this info there, but I suggest sticking strictly to facts and not posting anything that could be even remotely considered flame bait (e.g. the make-up monster entry ).

I wrote one:
Quote:
Drizzly Records
A German label established in 1996 by Volker Diehl and Faris Al-Hassoni. Drizzly has released a series of Ayu songs in Europe under the name AYU.

AYU Drizzly Discography:

12" Vinyls
Connected
Release date: 18.11.2002
Catalog #: DRIZ3001

M (part 1)
Release date: 28.08.2003
Catalog #: DRIZ3002/1

M (part 2)
Release date: 18.09.2003
Catalog #: DRIZ3002/2

M (part 3) ltd.
Release date: 30.10.2003
Catalog #: DRIZ3002/Ltd.

Depend on you
Release date: 15.01.2004
Catalog #: DRIZ3003/1

Depend on you (Remixes)
Release date: 05.02.2004
Catalog #: DRIZ3003/2

Maxi-Singles
Connected
Release date: 07.04.2003
Catalog #: 5050466-4923-2-6
(This CD was distributed by Warner Strategic Marketing)

M
Release date: 03.11.2003
Catalog #: DRIZ3002-CD

Depend on you
Release date: 08.03.2004
Catalog #: DRIZ3003-CD
Btw, the Wikipedia links were posted here:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19805
Old 4th August 2004, 06:15 AM
appears Initiate

make-up monster X_X
oh... and BTW... when namie called ayu like that.... was she joking with ayu? i mean... was she hate ayu? Or... they just.... you know... joking between friend ?

ayumaria.
Old 4th August 2004, 07:55 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmskalmn
I disagree. If Rei.. wants I think it would be good to post some of this info there, but I suggest sticking strictly to facts and not posting anything that could be even remotely considered flame bait (e.g. the make-up monster entry ).

I wrote one:

Btw, the Wikipedia links were posted here:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19805
Thank nmskalmn, that drizzly stuff if excellent!
And as for wikipedia, i'll make a separate list with, like you said, just the facts and hopefully no one will add any flames about Ayu to it.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumaria
make-up monster X_X
oh... and BTW... when namie called ayu like that.... was she joking with ayu? i mean... was she hate ayu? Or... they just.... you know... joking between friend ?

ayumaria.
I'll find the article I got that from and post it here soon... -gotta sift through a few folders lol-, i'm honestly not sure if they seriously 'hate' each other, I doubt it, but I don't think they're exactly best friends either.

EDIT: here's the article.. my frined email it to me though.. so i'm not sure where she got it from..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
One's a "made-up monster." The other's just a "monkey." Though sticks and stones may break bones, the name-calling is the most visible salvo in a battle between Japan's past and present queens of pop -- Namie Amuro and Ayumi Hamasaki.

Wars of succession have often been among history's bitterest battles and though Amuro and Ayu were known to take an interest in each other's chart and sales performances, it was believed they were friendly rivals, especially as they both belonged to the same record company.

Hamasaki had something of a faux pas last year when she threw a tantrum in front of the Thai queen, but that hasn't halted her momentum in any way.

"Avex (Hamasaki's record label) only survives on the stock exchange thanks to Hamasaki. She accounts for 30 percent of the company's income. Nobody is going to tell her off if she acts like a spoiled brat," critic Yuichi Hirabayashi says. "Hamasaki's often referred to as the shadow personnel manager. She puts her bit in when it comes to how the company acts regarding other performers' promotions or events. One singer said to be on maternity leave has in reality, because of Ayu's input, effectively been sacked."

Hamasaki is said to have turned her attention to Amuro.

"Recently, Hamasaki keeps asking us what the 'monkey' is doing. Amuro made her debut while still a member of the Super Monkeys. At least I think that's where the name came from," Hirabayashi tells Shukan Shincho. "Then again, I suppose Ayu can't stand the thought of being labeled as coming from the same label as a has-been like Amuro. Let's not forget that when Amuro came back from her maternity leave that she called Ayu a 'make-up monster.' With their divergent views on music and lifestyles, there's no way those two could ever get on together."

Hamasaki is also said to be petulant when it comes to her pooches, throwing tantrums if they're not given the royal treatment. But there have been lighter moments.

"An assistant director opened the door of the dressing room and it slammed into one of Ayu's dogs, which gave a terrified yelp. The assistant director threw himself to the floor in a kowtow, turned to the dog and began speaking to it in an honorific-packed, polite form of Japanese, apologizing and asking if it was hurt," the music program source tells Shukan Gendai. "At the time, the assistant director was petrified by how Ayu would react. A little later, though, he'd calmed down and was laughing at himself for having spoken to the dog using the politest form of Japanese possible."
BTW wasn't Ayu supposed to be host a new show? 'FUN' or something..?? what ever happened to that..? anybody know?

Last edited by Rei..; 4th August 2004 at 08:56 AM.
Old 4th August 2004, 11:23 AM
Wishing Guardian

Quote:
I'll find the article I got that from and post it here soon... -gotta sift through a few folders lol-, i'm honestly not sure if they seriously 'hate' each other, I doubt it, but I don't think they're exactly best friends either.

EDIT: here's the article.. my frined email it to me though.. so i'm not sure where she got it from..?
It was from a tabloid: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6495

Quote:
BTW wasn't Ayu supposed to be host a new show? 'FUN' or something..?? what ever happened to that..? anybody know?
That was just a rumor.
Old 4th August 2004, 01:15 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

That a great thing. Maybe I'll find something to add...
Old 4th August 2004, 02:17 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Pets - um.. gonna need some help on this one LoL.
Guess Ayu has a dog, it's a miniature of Duchshund, and it's name is Maron. I'm not sure if she still have it.]

Quote:
Popjam - Music Variety show hosted by Moriguchi Hiroko at the NHK Hall. Airs 10:00 on NHK. Japanese music artists including Ayu frequently apear on this show to promote their latest single/album this includes chatting with the hosts and then performing their latest song in front of a live audience.
Quote:
Music Station - Music variety show hosted by Tamori and Shimohira Sayaka. Airs fridays at 8:00pm on TV Asahi. This program is very popular and has been running for more that 10yrs. Ayu often appears on this show to promote her latest songs.
Quote:
HEY! HEY! HEY! MUSIC CHAMP - Music variety show hosted by comedy duo 'Down Town' which consists of Matsumoto Hitoshi and Hamada Masatoshi. Airs mondays at 8:00pm on Fuji TV. Very popular show, with comical hosts who like to pick on their guests. Includes live performances from pop musicians, chat segment other fun and games. Ayu graces this show with her presence frequently, 2 of her memorable appearences were the 'car parking challenge' and 'learning how to ride a bicycle'.
As you ad this kinda music shows/channels you can also add WOWOW, as Ayu performed few times there.

Last edited by Camille; 4th August 2004 at 02:44 PM.
Old 4th August 2004, 02:32 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
YesAsia.com - This is where we go to buy Ayu's albums and singles! Here you can buy both Japan and Overseas versions of your fave J/K/C-pop artists latest releases and back catalogue.
If you put YesAsia, you should also put cdjapan, and others... Maybe just in one category (buying online or something like this)

Last edited by Camille; 4th August 2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old 4th August 2004, 02:46 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Plus if you add JT, TUKA, KOSE, you should also mention Panasonic (you wrote about it only in CM)

Hope that will help

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, databank