BRILLIANTE thoughts/opinions - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 27th August 2011, 10:44 AM
Daybreak Initiate

BRILLANTE thoughts/opinions

Ayu literally saved the album with this song. It is absolutely amazing in every way. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I think this has the potential to be her best song ever. Also, just my opinion: it's okay if people don't like the song, but if you can't at least recognize how epic the arrangement is - especially compared to the other songs on the album - then you shouldn't be listening to music.

The only thing I don't like is how it ends - cut off like monochrome. I thought it was my wireless at first. But that gives it a charm somehow too...

The Why remix isn't bad either. It made the original tolerable for me.

Ayu official wallpapers in widescreen
♥ Mrs. Kwon Jiyong since 10/21/12 ♥

Last edited by tasking; 27th August 2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:46 AM
No way to say Initiate

Amazing, beautiful and flawless. I just wish she had saved it for a full album...imagine it as an opening on the same scale as I Am... or Duty.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:48 AM
glitter Initiate

Soothing, mythic, refreshing, flawless, powerful.

Among the best songs she's ever had, top 10 best songs I dare to say.

I'm not even overreacting, this song is just... something I always wanted from ayu.

It makes me think of rurutia, so. much.

SHE NEEDS TO GRAB THIS GUY AND MAKE HIM COMPOSE ALL HER FUTURE SONGS, FROM NOW ON I JUST WANT HIM. I'M SERIOUS.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:48 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

OMG OMG !! the opening is so epic as well !!!!!
Old 27th August 2011, 10:52 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

BRILLIANTE becomes my favourite track replacing Progress from FIVE. yeah I agree BRILLIANTE really saves FIVE IMO, this is something different and mysterious. epic song
Old 27th August 2011, 10:52 AM
No way to say Initiate

Everyone tweet @timwellard to let him know what you think, I'm sure he'll appreciate everyones thoughts and maybe pass them onto Ayu.
Old 27th August 2011, 10:54 AM
No way to say Initiate

I love this song! It has a bit of "forgiveness" feeling, but it's much better. I love that she's trying something new.

I'm a bit dissappointed of a hidden track, but I don't care that much, since BRILLANTE is truly beautiful.

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 27th August 2011, 10:55 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

*******it...I would buy it in a heartbeat if she just have a recut single of it

I don't want the other songs on FIVE! This song alone makes up the album for me! I can just leave on this song...! BAH! I am so close to buying this album just for this masterpiece alone!
Old 27th August 2011, 11:01 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Hm, the music and the chant in the background is nice, but overall it's pretty boring imo.
I will probably be shot for this, but Ayu singing in it totally destroys the nice beginning for me actually. XD
For me it lacks some climax.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 27th August 2011, 11:02 AM
glitter Initiate

For me the climax is all the way through lol I know I make no sense, but that's what I feel, from the very start to the very end, I get goosebumps and all...
Old 27th August 2011, 11:02 AM
TO BE Initiate

OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!! BEST SONG EVER!!!
Old 27th August 2011, 11:03 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Ok, I haven't finished to listening to it, but I can already say that song is *******ing good!
That is how you make music! I can't believe that BRILLANTE and ANother song are from the same artist really... and on the same album!
It's fresh, very well produced, interesting, amazing arrangements, amazing vocals etc... and it's EPIC! I'm glad I'm not buying this album for collection purposes only.

Last edited by hidekirby; 27th August 2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 27th August 2011, 11:09 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I don't know why but this song remind me a little Hanabi ^^
I like it !!! it's very originale and ayu's voice is beautiful O_O

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 27th August 2011, 11:12 AM
Who... Initiate

Haven't listened to it yet, but loving all this positivity I can't even imagine what it sounds like from all these different reactions!
Old 27th August 2011, 11:14 AM
No way to say Initiate

MASTERPIECE

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 27th August 2011, 11:19 AM
Sky high Protector

Agree with YUKARI!
OMG this song is amazing! When I heard the gregorian choir+oriental sounds I was O.O omg!!!!!
BRILLANTE totally stole the #1 of progress in my FIVE top!!!!
Old 27th August 2011, 11:26 AM
TO BE Initiate

Can not say anything. It's beyond any words in this world!
I think she should make this song full in 10 minutes! Cut that hidden track out!!!!

★My Fan Art★
「A ONE」

Old 27th August 2011, 11:29 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Nice song.
Though I think Ayu could have more improvised some parts. The singing doesn't reach climax imo. The music and the chant gave me goosebumps though.
Old 27th August 2011, 11:30 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

****ing AMAZING. It's beautiful and gorgeous and freaky and crazy, and nothing at all like what I was expecting.

I LOVE her voice with this instrumentation...god, after the ANother song disaster...I'm sorry, Ayu's voice is just incredibly unique, and it just does not go with everything.

But this is perfect. It blends with the song like one entity and I can't imagine the song without her.

The composition is fantastic. I love the ending phrase of the chorus, and I love how simple it is, without being overdone...it's just, the way compositions are supposed to be.

I love that there is very little vibrato...cause it's not needed to supplement the composition in any way. It's all fabulous with her just...singing like...she's not thinking about it...

I love how emotional the song is. It goes to that deep place, even though I have no idea what she's singing about. I think the song IS a little anti-climactic...it's very...um "one place"...lol ok thats nonsense...hmm have you guys ever seen "New World"...the live action movie about John Smith and Pocahontas? It reminds me of that movie. Cause that movie is sooo slllooooowwww, and it has all this very slow music and sometimes just silence, a lot of, looking around at the scenery...looking at the people....not a whole lot happening, but just instances where you're taking everything in, and it's very dramatic.

For me, thats almost how this song is, but to me, it's very relaxing, and the drama keeps it from being boring.

And the drama is all in the composition and her singing...even though, yes, the arrangement is all crazy...

but idk imo she and the british guy create an atmosphere that goes beyond all the exotic instruments.

I don't know if I like the piano...it's a little "bright" for the song...but I think it gives it an interesting twist.

I love it, I don't even mind all the male chorus, I think the ending would have been better off with her singing a last line...but that wouldn't be as jolting I think.

I will add it to my pile of evidence saying that she needs to work with more people outside of her "yes" circle.

wow. gorgeous. Why can't we do this all the time!!!! omg Ayu.

long post...sorry lol and go go yukari!

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 27th August 2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 27th August 2011, 11:36 AM
MY STORY Initiate

It's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard in my life. There's no more words I can use, it's just... amazingly beautiful.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]

Tags
『five』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, brillante