A Classical cover & tracklist - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th December 2012, 04:02 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

So disappointed The cover just screams laziness and I was expecting JEWEL on the tracklist.
So many other songs that ought to have been on this release.

LAST.FM

浜崎あゆみ
倖田來未 × 安室奈美恵
蔡依林 × 後藤真希 × KAT-TUN
4minute ~ 현아 ~ 宇多田ヒカル ~ Kalafina ~ 가인
immi ~ 大塚愛 ~ ルルティア ~ 川田まみ ~ 2NE1 ~ 黒木メイサ ~ 水樹奈々 ~ mini ~ 中川翔子

Old 10th December 2012, 04:03 PM
Over Initiate

Uh.. not that exited anymore..
Old 10th December 2012, 04:04 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

As long as she re-sing all the song with the orchestra band it will be fine, not just uses the acapella and mix with the new instrumental like she usually did, and I think it will happen again.

Why can't she does like Kylie in The Abbey Road Sessions.

Facebook | Last.fm | GetGlue | Twitter

Old 10th December 2012, 04:06 PM
GREEN Initiate

the only two songs Im completely over on that list are SEASONS and Voyage...
I wonder if she might sing Voyage at the end of the year show now?
Old 10th December 2012, 04:07 PM
End roll Initiate

^It's just really frustrating as a longtime fan because I know what she is capable of: incredible, game-changing music. Why hasn't she reached this level in such a long while? Her sound and image are indistinguishable and unremarkable in the current musical landscape. I actually think she should scrap her whole musical template and start from scratch. Ayu should start looking beyond the small circle of friends and collaborators that she has formed and which is now suffocating her aesthetically. The same boring old music, boring old photos, boring old makeup, boring old nails, boring old hair, boring old fashion, boring old concerts, boring old concerns. She should stop living in her glorious past and fossilizing herself.

Yes, many of these artists won't mesh well with Ayu. That is why I think that is something she needs. Some dissonance in her discography, some chaos in her complacent approach to music. Make videos with Mika Ninagawa. Have photobooks by Rinko Kawauchi. Have album covers by Miwa Yanagi, Ai Yazawa. Have concerts actually choreographed by a real choreographer (Rino Nakasone, for example). There is such a wealth of artists and designers in Japan I don't know why she can't manage to find them.

Personally, I found again "pleasant". But I don't want "pleasant" anymore. I want something great. It's still too early in her career to let retrospective ideas and fantasies of being a future legend dominate her work. She should wait until she's been around as long as Mr. Children, B'z, Southern All Stars, or Yumi Matsutoya before she can rest, take it easy, and be "lazy".

Last edited by Uemarasan; 10th December 2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:08 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
As long as she re-sing all the song with the orchestra band it will be fine, not just uses the acapella and mix with the new instrumental like she usually did, and I think it will happen again.

Why can't she does like Kylie in The Abbey Road Sessions.
Unfortunately, they normally mention in the descriptions if new vocals are involved, which in this case is -NOT- the case, so we'll probably get old vocal tracks like with MY STORY Classical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
^It's just really frustrating as a longtime fan because I know what she is capable of: incredible, game-changing music. Why hasn't she reached this level in such a long while? Her sound and image are indistinguishable and unremarkable in the current musical landscape. I actually think she should scrap her whole musical template and start from scratch. Ayu should start looking beyond the small circle of friends and collaborators that she has formed and which is now suffocating her aesthetically. The same boring old music, boring old photos, boring old makeup, boring old nails, boring old hair, boring old fashion, boring old concerts. She should stop living in her glorious past and fossilizing herself.

Yes, many of these artists won't mesh well with Ayu. That is why I think that is something that she needs. Some dissonance in her discography, some chaos in her complacent approach to music. Make videos with Mika Ninagawa. Have photobooks by Rinko Kawauchi. Have album covers by Miwa Yanagi, Ai Yazawa. Have concerts actually choreographed by a real choreographer (Rino Nakasone, for example). There is such a wealth of artists and designers in Japan I don't know why she can't manage to find them.

Personally, I found again "pleasant". But I don't want "pleasant" anymore. I want something great. It's still too early in her career to let retrospective ideas and fantasies of being a future legend dominate her work. She should wait until she's been around as long as Mr. Children, B'z, Southern All Stars, or Yumi Matsutoya before she can rest, take it easy, and be "lazy".
I think she's fine doing things the way she wants, really. If she's changing 'just to be different' or to forcefully shake things up, it'd go against her 'code' as an artist. From the very beginning, she's just done what she wanted and that's been enough. Even now, imo, though it's a bit less well received than say, her work in the early to mid 2000s.

It's not simply a matter of "will they mesh with Ayu" I think, but also... will they even do it? Does she even want to? In this case, I think first and foremost, she has to have an interest in venturing into those other genres or other 'people' first compared to right now she has a team that 'works' with her style and what she wants. In the realm of her directors/photographers/etc., I don't see her ever really breaking away from the ones that she has like what she did in 2003 though that would be great. (for those who don't know, in 2003, she kind of took 3 new directors/filmmakers and had them make PVs for &.) It would be nice to have new anything really, but with the way Ayu works, I don't think she or her team are actively pursuing something like that unless they are approached first. Choreography-wise, I don't believe she really needs to have that done since well... she doesn't really 'dance'. But most choreography is handled by her own dancers which isn't too out of the ordinary for pop stars and it's not as though Ayu's music is very dance-oriented to begin with.

Designer-wise, I would say that she's never had an 'amazing' or even a forward thinking design team that does more than just enough to get by unlike a lot of acts. I would hope she could collaborate with Yellow Brain aka Kouki Tange's creative team or the people behind Perfume's normally flawless 'look/feel' but I feel the chance of her ever not using Takuma Noriage or someone from that 'old' team is slim to none. There's an awful lot of 'I want this and I want that' imo when it comes to Ayu fans and I feel like you have to just let things go if you're a fan of her, especially recently because you can't really always get what you want even though you ~know~ it would be good for her. There is talent in Japan, but I believe Ayu probably thinks her current situation is okay (barring that post-2009 staff thing where people got shifted around and RICE MOMOYA suddenly disappeared but perhaps was renamed brg) and she will be fine with what she has which is why it's gone on for so long.

I think we've gotten great from her in the last few years, it's just difficult to gauge and compared considering that her past works were on a different level, or at least judged in a different way. I wonder if many of her tracks or covers that are so loved from 'back then; came out today, would they still be loved or would people sneer at them the way they do with almost everything they do nowadays?

Last edited by truehappiness; 10th December 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:10 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
**** the japanese fans who want the same songs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ****ing over again
Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree. Bless your heart.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:11 PM
UNITE! Initiate

I like the tracklist, but the cover... lol
Old 10th December 2012, 04:12 PM
End of the World Initiate

I'm still kinda interested in hearing the songs although I am disappointed. And why do all the covers for the 5 releases suck so far?
Old 10th December 2012, 04:13 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyTony View Post

source: teamayu
Are you ****ING kidding me?!?!? You couldn't take a single NEW picture for the damn cover, Ayu?!

EDIT: And only 10 songs? Only 10 SONGS?! There were more tracks on the minialbums!
Old 10th December 2012, 04:15 PM
GREEN Initiate

I think they should have taken an off shot or something from A Song for XX album and did the drawing from that...
something classic.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:17 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
^It's just really frustrating as a longtime fan because I know what she is capable of: incredible, game-changing music. Why hasn't she reached this level in such a long while? Her sound and image are indistinguishable and unremarkable in the current musical landscape. I actually think she should scrap her whole musical template and start from scratch. Ayu should start looking beyond the small circle of friends and collaborators that she has formed and which is now suffocating her aesthetically. The same boring old music, boring old photos, boring old makeup, boring old nails, boring old hair, boring old fashion, boring old concerts, boring old concerns. She should stop living in her glorious past and fossilizing herself.

Yes, many of these artists won't mesh well with Ayu. That is why I think that is something she needs. Some dissonance in her discography, some chaos in her complacent approach to music. Make videos with Mika Ninagawa. Have photobooks by Rinko Kawauchi. Have album covers by Miwa Yanagi, Ai Yazawa. Have concerts actually choreographed by a real choreographer (Rino Nakasone, for example). There is such a wealth of artists and designers in Japan I don't know why she can't manage to find them.

I'm with you, but it seems she only wants to please her fans and doesn't think farther u_u

Old 10th December 2012, 04:23 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

this whole new era is getting stupid already
Old 10th December 2012, 04:27 PM
Lelio Protector

I wished for more tracks and different cover but I guess that the illustration would be better than just A CLASSICAL like MY STORY's one lol.

I just hope the tracks will be great =)
Old 10th December 2012, 04:29 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Ballads, and unexciting ones at that. Urgh, no. Significantly less interested now.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 10th December 2012, 04:31 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHunter_04 View Post
I'm still kinda interested in hearing the songs although I am disappointed. And why do all the covers for the 5 releases suck so far?
There are people who don't like LOVE's covers? What?! I thought they were a breath of fresh air (and I thought a ton of other people felt the same way) but 3 covers in a row with the 'simple' look Ayu (LOVE ~ again ~ A Classical) is a bit much. I wonder if the next releases will even have her on the covers.

Last edited by truehappiness; 10th December 2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:33 PM
GREEN Initiate

these are some of her best covers since Love Songs...
five's - blah.
Party Queen - trashie
A summer best - um... nice?
LOVE - simply stunning
again - simple and sweet
Old 10th December 2012, 04:33 PM
Lelio Protector

Yeah how can you hate LOVE's covers, it's natural and beautiful ... and subjective I suppose =) haha.

Btw LOVE/A CLASSICAL=LOVEppears/appears -kinda-.

I just hope that the 4th and 5th releases will be different stuff though the whole 15th anniversary releases might sorround around LOVE/again themes (and who am I working on? A BEST 3 is coming or at least should). At least after she finishes with the 15th anni project and maybe A BEST 3 if it will happen then the next releases will be completely new stuff not LOVE/again related.

And... the only problem will be the wait (until summer/winter, tour and all). Though I am very satisfied with LOVE's and again's songs. All together could make a great mini album.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 10th December 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10th December 2012, 04:34 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtman2002 View Post
Am I the only one who is glad about the "you & me" version?

Game from My Story Classiclas was superb. I'm hoping a version like that...
Of course an upbeat track turned into classical version may be amazing, but You & Me is just THE song that I want to forget when I think about Ayu...
In other terms, I don't really like it, and musically I find it's ... hum... not good (to be polite) ^^'

Old 10th December 2012, 04:40 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

still can't believe this. fml.

she better make up for this with ayu trance 5 next.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, a classical