Ayu to appear at MUSIC FAIR on 11th August - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 12th August 2018, 01:34 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Great TV appearance but during some songs it seemed like she was looking at the chorus WAY too much, lol. Looking at the camera doesn't seem to be a thing she does on MUSIC FAIR judging from other performances but she kinda turned her back to the camera more than she should have.
Old 12th August 2018, 01:41 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuraiNamida View Post
During the introduction to æternal she explained why is called æternal insted of eternal. If I understood correctly she said: "Normally æternal in english would be written "eternal", but I chose to write it with the latin letter "æ" that looks like two "e" joint together back to back so it'is "æternal starting with æ". The reason is in the song."

I had the feeling se was putting the focus on "eternal starting with æ".

Two letters put back to back in a mirrored position... the tracklist mirrored for Jacket A and B... the "Double Trouble" theme... playing around the "W" letter... I don't know how to explain it. I see a pattern here but I feel I can't really grasp its real meaning yet.
thank you so much for explaining this much-needed context!
Old 12th August 2018, 02:54 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Great TV appearance but during some songs it seemed like she was looking at the chorus WAY too much, lol. Looking at the camera doesn't seem to be a thing she does on MUSIC FAIR judging from other performances but she kinda turned her back to the camera more than she should have.
So true, as somebody else pointed this too, this is the first thing that I realized during To Be, lol, eh Ayu you are giving much attention to the backup singers haha or like she keeps looking at them as if she does so she can do better in reaching her notes. Wish she would loot at the camera more

Other than that, so happy for the interview part because shes acting all normal and it is rare nowadays to see that happened on a tv appreance lol
Old 12th August 2018, 03:50 AM
until that Day… Initiate

wonderful performances, her vocals have been so stable and on point. Good Job ayu!!
Old 12th August 2018, 03:54 AM
GAME Initiate

there's such a noticeable difference in her confidence when she's singing aeternal vs. TO BE.

TO BE is a song that is in desperate need of a rearrangement if she's going to continue singing it. for fuck's sake, she pretty much sang it with the original studio arrangement, of course she's going to be self-conscious about her changed vocal tone.
Old 12th August 2018, 05:49 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by takamioda View Post
I read few comments in Ayutube : https://www.facebook.com/ayutube0408/
Ayu sings aeternal because of Nagase-san. Is this true???
That is the AHS conspiracy theory. It is a secret. shhhhhh..

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 12th August 2018, 06:44 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
During the introduction to æternal she explained why is called æternal insted of eternal. If I understood correctly she said: "Normally æternal in english would be written "eternal", but I chose to write it with the latin letter "æ" that looks like two "e" joint together back to back so it'is "æternal starting with æ". The reason is in the song."

Thanks for the info! That's really interesting. Sounds like she really put a lot of thought into this song.

I liked the performances except for when she was looking at her background singers but I just assumed she was nervous and since they're like her family it helped her get through it. Vocally she wasn't too bad, she screamed here and there but that's to be expected now. The æternal performance was my favorite, beautifully performed. Also beautiful camera work throughout all of the performances. She looked so angelic.
Old 12th August 2018, 08:22 AM
TO BE Initiate

æternal sounded great. Now I like this song even more.
Old 12th August 2018, 09:28 AM
starting over Initiate

æternal was absolutely beautiful. Ayu has to pull a Namie and let go of her older hits for a moment. Her vocal abilities and the person she is now are oh so different from before. Such beauty.
Old 12th August 2018, 10:37 AM
still alone Initiate

The music fair performances were wonderful. She looked absolutely radiant and sounded great.
TO BE was the weakest performance of the bunch but it was still an improvement and was actually all around decent. I do agree that a new arrangement that is more complimenting to Ayu's current vocals would make a big difference. Voyage was my favorite out of all of them. I think Ayu felt good about her Voyage performance too. She seemed happy when she finished. aeternal sounded much better live. This live has helped me get a little more appreciation for this song. The recorded version sounds cheap and lifeless to me production wise. Ayu brought the song to life here and it feels a lot better.
I also enjoyed seeing the old performances in clear quality. Is this the highest quality they have been shown in? Or we already had HD versions of these broadcasts?
Old 12th August 2018, 10:47 AM
ourselves Initiate

We got the HD version for M and Evolution but not for ASFXX, they didnt record it in HD
Old 12th August 2018, 11:08 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

I really enjoyed her TV performance! She looks absolutely angelic and she sounds good! I am happy that she found the time to focus on her vocals, or finding the correct tone despite her condition. It doesn't bother me that she looks a lot to her backup singers; when they help, they help. She really delivered. I skipped the interview because I didn't understand that. If anyone finds time to translate it, then you are an angel! She came over as very polite and I guess her answers were more well thought? That sounds weird coming from someone who doesn't know Japanese, but in most interviews Ayu came over to me as if she was really trying hard for giving the right answers. Lots of uuuuhhhhs or starings at the ceiling...

But overall WOW she did it. I showed the performance to my boyfriend. I haven't shown a performance to anyone in years, because of her vocals. So, for me, this was amazing, great and such a great special for her 20th anniversairy!

Old 12th August 2018, 03:08 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Wonder why Yo-chan didn't attend
Old 12th August 2018, 04:24 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:

Two letters put back to back in a mirrored position... the tracklist mirrored for Jacket A and B... the "Double Trouble" theme... playing around the "W" letter... I don't know how to explain it. I see a pattern here but I feel I can't really grasp its real meaning yet.

The latin character is actually a set of joined 'a' and 'e' characters. But I won't let that spoil her story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86
Old 12th August 2018, 05:10 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

I was expecting another vocal disaster but she blew me away. She almost sounds perfect in voyage, and I don't mind a few miss spot in TO BE as well. She sounds to be harsh in aeternal though, which I think is the only thing worth to be mentioned, but other than than it is well done.

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 12th August 2018, 06:50 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I really enjoyed æternal, she sounded similar to the studio version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
He was there with blonde hair?

People are not memories that you can put into words. They live holding onto their feelings.

Old 12th August 2018, 08:11 PM
Who... Initiate

What a nice appearance.

いい音楽品質が欲しい。

Last edited by roanmy; 12th August 2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12th August 2018, 08:50 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokani View Post
He was there with blonde hair?
Nope, the blond guy playing the guitar wasn't Yo-chan
Old 12th August 2018, 09:07 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
The latin character is actually a set of joined 'a' and 'e' characters. But I won't let that spoil her story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86
Oh, wait. Checking back to the interview I got confused by the different pronunciation of vowels in japanese/italian and english. In japanese they use the english pronunciation only when they pronunciate the vowel alone (so for exemple "A" in japanese is pronunciated like in Ayumi, and not like the english "air", but they us the english pronunciation to say "A", outside of a word), because of that I got confused. I'm really sorry to misleading everyone. I will be more careful next time.

Checking better she said that usually eternal in english starts with the letter E but the latin character looks like two "A" back to back. That makes more sense. If the title means the eternal life of two "A" back to back, maybe æternal is about Ayu-chan (the diva) and Ayumi Hamasaki (the person). Maybe the person she is longing in the songs is not a lover but her past self, her trueself, the person behind the diva.

That would explain the two different tracklist orders as well:
JACKET A - Fierce Ayu on the cover introduces the listener to the tracklist starting with We are the QUEENS to end with The way I am. Ayu introducing herself like the fierce queen, during the æternal and W there is this strong theme of double Ayu, to end with "the way she is".
JACKET B - Easygoing and happy Ayu on the cover introduces Ayu to the listener directly starting from the way she is. The album continues playing around the double theme again to introduce Queen Ayu in the end.

Ayu the diva and Ayu the person are both two important parts of Ayu. Both are the beginning and the ending of her full identity.

If all of this is true, I'm still not sure why she chose Trouble as album title.
Old 12th August 2018, 10:01 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
It was just random dudes miming to pre-recorded music like usual. He probably felt he had better things to do that day.

*edit*
Correction - it was the same collection of stand-ins she uses at the TV performances to mime to the music. I'm guessing Yo-chan now has his replacement for these as well.

Last edited by LOGMAN; 12th August 2018 at 10:28 PM.

Tags
aeternal, music fair, trouble, æternal