[Utada Hikaru] ٠•●She's Thinking 6 to 9 In Her 27th Thread●•٠ - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th March 2009, 09:34 AM
Banned

٠•●She's Thinking 6 to 9 In Her 27th Thread●•٠

Utada is the English language project name of 宇多田ヒカル (Utada Hikaru). She is a third culture singer-songwriter, arranger, and record producer in Japan and United States. Utada maintains this name in the west as she intends to keep her English style separate from her Japanese music. She has sold an estimated 33 million albums worldwide. Utada is fluent in both English and Japanese as she was raised in both New York and Tokyo. She is most notable in the west for composing and singing the Kingdom Hearts themes 光 (Hikari) and Simple And Clean, as well as the theme songs for Kingdom Hearts II, Passion and Sanctuary.

Utada's discography

1st Album: Exodus
Release Date: 9/8/2004 10/5/2004 9/26/2005

Tracklist:

1. Opening
2. Devil Inside
3. Exodus '04
4. The Workout
5. Easy Breezy
6. Tippy Toe
7. Hotel Lobby
8. Animato
9. Crossover Interlude
10. Kremlin Dusk
11. You Make Me Want to Be a Man
12. Wonder 'Bout
13. Let Me Give You My Love
14. About Me
15. You Make Me Want to Be a Man (Bloodshy & Avant Mix) (UK Bonus track)
16. You Make Me Want to Be a Man (Junior Jack Mix) (UK Bonus track)

First Week Sales: 523,761 ☆☆ Position: #1
Overall Sales: 1,074,393 ☆☆ Chart Run: 20 weeks

2nd Album: This Is The One
Release Date: 3/14/2009 5/12/2009 (TBU)

Tracklist:

1. On And On
2. Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI
3. Apple And Cinnamon
4. Taking My Money Back
5. This One (Crying Like A Child)
6. Automatic Part II
7. Dirty Desire
8. Poppin’
9. Come Back To Me
10. Me Muero

Extra Tracks:
11. Come Back To Me (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Radio Edit) (Japan Bonus Track)
12. Come Back To Me (Quentin Harris Radio Edit) (Japan Bonus Track)

Utada Images (TBU)
Spoiler:
Exodus Era

This Is The One Era

News

☆☆Automatic Part II and Me Muero preview up☆☆
Quote:
Click on the two songs in the This Is The One section under the Utada Discography section of the post
☆☆“Come Back To Me” MV Behind The Scenes☆☆
Quote:
Utada.jp has just posted some behind the scenes footage of Utada’s “Come Back To Me” video, where she explains the concept and treatment of the music video.

☆☆Utada @ Mezamashi TV 3/13☆☆
Quote:
Utada will be appearing live from New York City on tomorrow’s Mezamashi TV, a Japanese morning television broadcast.
☆☆On & On, This One (Crying Like A Child), and Poppin' preview up☆☆
Quote:
Just click on the songs that have the new tags by it in the upper part of this post in the TITO section of the Utada's Discography section.
☆☆Utada leaks FYI for her fans☆☆
Quote:
On Utada's facebook, she has leaked her song FYI to the public to hear.

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI
☆☆“Apple And Cinnamon” + “Taking My Money Back”☆☆

Quote:
Two new clips off of Utada’s upcoming album are available on her official Japanese website. Check out “Apple And Cinnamon” and “Taking My Money Back.” Click the song title in TITO album info in the Utada Discography section!
☆☆First Look At TITO poster and CD Art☆☆
Quote:
Spoiler:

credits to xheartstation

☆☆Utada will be making a personal appearance at Sephora!☆☆

Quote:
TUESDAY, MARCH 24: - LOS ANGELES
6801 – Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA 90028
323-462-6898
Time: 6-8PM

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25th – NEW YORK
New York, NY 10017
212-980-6534
Time: 6-8PM

FRIDAY, MARCH 27 – MIAMI
Aventura, FL 33180
305-931-9579
Time: 7-9PM
☆☆“Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI” + “Dirty Desire☆☆

Quote:
EDIT: Utada.jp has updated with clips of both “Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI” and “Dirty Desire”

Japan’s “Music Station” program aired a short clip of Utada’s “Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI” during their “M-Topi” segment on last night’s episode. The segment included a short clip of the “Come Back To Me” music video along with the “MCML-FYI” clip, reiterating the fact that the track samples Sakamoto Ryuichi’s famous piece “Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence.”
☆☆“This Is The One” Available in the US Digitally March 24th☆☆

Quote:
Utada’s official MySpace has been updated with news that her new album, “This Is The One” will be available for purchase digitally beginning Tuesday March 24th. There is no mention of a physical release date, which could indicate that the aforementioned May 12th date could be reserved for the album’s physical release.
☆☆“CBTM” iTunes US Free Single Video of the Week☆☆

Quote:
According to a new Barks Japan article, Island Def Jam is planning on releasing Utada’s “Come Back To Me” as the “Free Music Video of the Week” on the iTunes US store during the week of the “This Is The One” release. The article lists the US album release date as March 24th, going against all of the information suggesting a possible push back to a May 12th release.
☆☆“This Is The One” US Release Date Pushed Back?☆☆

Quote:
Best Buy has updated their online store listing for Utada’s upcoming album “This Is The One” with a new release date of May 12th, 2009. The same store listed the release date as March 24th as recently as a few days ago. No official word yet, though a push back would not be unprecedented and would allow for more promotion in the States.
☆☆Utada.jp: Video Message from Stargate☆☆

Quote:
Utada’s Japanese website has been updated with a message from producers Stargate. The clip is a longer version of the footage that was originally shown in Island Def Jam’s electronic press kit. According to the attached Japanese translations, the track “Me Muero” was produced by Stargate and features lyrics referencing eating Godiva chocolates in bed.

Translation (A bit effy because it was translated through google)
Spoiler:
Mikkel S. Eriksen (less Mikkel): Utada and collaboration has been great. I had a very good time. To get us to listen to her music, I immediately hit it off from there. It was awesome and Vibe. And this is how to work with off-key, and have made music together, and sends back to us from Japan to take them to flesh out her case there was further developed, it was really fun process. I finally finished something great.

Tor Erik Hermansen (less Tor Erik): "Utada interested in a collaboration with Japanese artist? Her album of contemporary pop, urban pop I want to作RITA a purely contemporary album with" response when we approached the record company and said, "Japan? What Japanese artist knew? I do not know anyone" like I was. I met her, but full of confidence and the integrity of the body are漲RA to make a man of remarkable voices, I have been overwhelmed by the song that she sends back the first. Terms of lyrics and excellent vocals also. So once more it's Roh. First, we convinced them to try to do songs, and another and so do a song, it ultimately snowballed. I do not remember how many songs made the final at all, and the considerable number of songs, I do not look perfect.

Mikkel: Yes.

Tor Erik: And we also 80 and I love her music age. She is a little younger than I, but we know a lot of 80's songs, I was talking to each other of their favorite artists. , We "do you think you have a partially similar to Kate Bush," I said, she "Really? I love Kate Bush!" He said, "Well, Well It is important to point "of the story. And sometimes it can be similar to Madonna. Tell it to the pointe Liv, a vintage-era Madonna. The important point that, too. So we are just human, but an entirely different country, to get together to produce this album, the music I could find a common sound.

Mikkel: I think so. We had a lot to share that point, it was her best vocal performance. In the face and voice features and robust, though blessed with great talent as a songwriter, according to the land based on the expression of it, but it's more realistic. There are also songs which scenario, I would catch the ears of listeners at once.

Tor Erik: You know, "eat delicious chocolate lying on the bed" (Note: The Me Muero's from) I phrase I書KEYASHINAI anyone else (laughs). The expression that we hear is that the first life, I really do not know where I thought, I guess it's a place where great.

Mikkel: I am probably rooted in real places. I was reminded of the scene from.
☆☆Come Back To Me PV☆☆
☆☆Utada in 2/28 Billboard Magazine☆☆

Quote:
Utada is featured in the latest issue of Billboard Magazine.

Spoiler:
‘One’ Love
Japanese Superstar Utada Aims To Conquer The States
By Rob Schwartz

What do you do when you’re a J-pop superstar in Japan, and a native English speaker, but have failed to take off with your first U.S. release?

Try again, of course. Japanese phenomenon Utada will release her new English-language record, “This Is The One,” March 24 on Island Def Jam, with all parties predicting greater success the second time around. Her first English-language record, 2004’s “Exodus,” peaked at No. 160 on the Billboard 200, selling 55,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

“My first English album was a very experimental, mad-scientist-in-a-laboratory kind of album,” Utada says. “It was a bit of a mess on my side as well as on the record company’s side. I didn’t know how to [express] myself to the public.”

This time, Island Def Jam Music Group president/COO Steve Bartels says the label is “extremely committed to breaking Utada in the United States.” Kimitaka Kato, president of Universal International in Japan, says, “Utada’s talent has been recognized by [IDJMG chairman] L.A. Reid, which led to this launch. We believe that the moment has come for the world to embrace Utada as a true global superstar.”

She’s already achieved that status in Japan, despite being born and raised in the States, until she was 14. Her 1999 debut album, “First Love” (Toshiba EMI), is the best-selling album in Japanese history, selling more than 7.5 million copies, according to SoundScan Japan. All but one of her subsequent six releases have moved more than 1 million copies.

Managed by her father, Teruzane Utada, on both sides of the Pacific, her star status at home is such that she has separate deals for her Japanese repertoire — which appears on EMI under her full name, Utada Hikaru –– and English language releases, which come out through Universal under the name Utada. “Exodus” has sold more than 1 million copies in Japan, and “This Is The One” is due there March 14. But Utada says she remains committed to Japanese repertoire and is already working on her next Japanese album.

As for “This Is The One,” she says it’s “an album made for the purpose of [being] mainstream,” having enlisted top songwriter/producers with U.S. track records and strong ties to IDJ, including the-Dream, Stargate and Tricky Stewart.

“For this project, Utada wanted to work with some of the hottest producers on the charts right now,” Bartels says, “but more importantly they wanted to work with her. The-Dream, Tricky Stewart, Stargate and many others are big fans of hers, and all of us know what the U.S. and Europe are soon to find out — Utada is a star.”

Bartels says Utada’s American “sensibilities and sound” set her apart from other Japanese artists seeking stateside success, noting early press supports from Nylon, the New York Times and Vibe. A slot is also booked on CBS’ “The Early Show,” with more TV appearances to be scheduled.

Utada had her longtime hair and makeup artists fly in from Japan for key U.S. promo work after feeling her image wasn’t presented correctly in the States on “Exodus.” The artist says she’s feeling more confident about how she’s perceived this time around.

“I feel very comfortable about all the promotional work I’ve been doing,” she says. “probably because there is less of this hype about a Japanese pop star making a breakthrough that I struggled with last time.”
☆☆Utada.jp Update: Japanese Magazine Schedule☆☆

Quote:
Utada.jp has updated today with a list of Japanese magazines that will be carrying stories on Utada in the coming month. Check it out for the full list.

Spoiler:
*日本でのメディア露出情報
<雑誌>
「WHAT’s IN?」(2/14)
「CDでーた」(2/14)
「CDジャーナル」(2/20)
「i-Pod Fan」(2/21)
「Zipper」(2/23)
「smart」(2/24)
「CHOKI CHOKI」(2/24)
「BLENDA」(3/7)
「In Red」(3/7)
「S-Cawaii!」(3/7)
「sweet」(3/12)
「JELLY」(3/17)
「金沢倶楽部」(3/20)
「HMV the music&movie master」(3/20)
「新星堂 DROPS 024号」(3/20)
「VA for TSUTAYA RECORDS」(3/20)
「装苑」(3/28)
☆☆Utada Interview @ Kiwibox.com and POPTUB☆☆

Quote:
A new interview with Utada has been released by Kiwibox.com. Thanks to Dave K.

Spoiler:

☆☆“Come Back To Me” Added @ 9 Stations; #65 on CHR/POP☆☆

Quote:
Utada’s “Come Back To Me” has been added at 9 stations this week, 5 at Pop and 4 at Rhythmic. 6 of these stations have already begun playing the track and are currently listed on our Master Radio List, including WJFX-FM in Ft. Wayne, IN which has been heavily spinning the track, with 36 plays this past week. 3 stations have yet to get on board, including another San Diego station (17th largest market in the country), all of which are listed below. Additionally, “Come Back To Me” is up 2 spots today on the Mediabase CHR/POP chart, coming in at #65 with 168 spins in the last 7 days. Please make sure to keep requesting!

Spoiler:
KDLW-FM WILD 97.7 Albuquerque, NM / 505-830-9770 / Toll Free: 1-800-711-5586
KKSS-FM KISS 97.3 Albuquerque, NM / 505-262-KISS
KHTS-FM Channel 933 San Diego, CA / 858-570-1933 / 17th Largest Market
☆☆More Utada @ SINternet☆☆

Quote:
Utada is currently featured on the latest S.I.N. Mix CD #7, which is sent out to various radio programmers around the country. Additionally, the current issue of the S.I.N. newsletter carries a few choice quotes from Vince Pellegrino (aka Vinny The Sin) regarding Utada and her single “Come Back To Me.” They include:

“Utada’s management wanted to return to the SIN offices and record me discussing IDJMG’s and my personal commitment to the current Utada project.”

“A meeting with Mike Chester (IDJMG) concluded my day where we discussed the game plan for Utada’s “Come Back To Me” and reviewed the strategies for other IDJMG Top 40 priorities.”
☆☆New Video @ Ningin: “A-Day-in-LA”☆☆
Quote:
Ningin has posted a new video clip of Utada working the LA music scene during the Grammy celebrations.
☆☆Utada @ NYMag.com Grub Street Profile☆☆

Quote:
Utada is profiled in this week’s New York Diet, a feature on New York Magazine’s Grub Street web blog. Check it out here.
☆☆Utada.jp: Official Tracklisting and Cover Art☆☆

Quote:
Utada.jp has been updated with the official tracklisting and cover art for Utada’s upcoming album “This Is The One.” There is also a new profile picture available.

Spoiler:
01. On And On
02. Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI
03. Apple And Cinnamon
04. Taking My Money Back
05. This One (Crying Like A Child)
06. Automatic Part II
07. Dirty Desire
08. Poppin’
09. Come Back To Me
10. Me Muero

Extra Remix Tracks:
11. Come Back To Me (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Radio Edit)
12. Come Back To Me (Quentin Harris Radio Edit)
☆☆“This Is The One” Cover Art @ BestBuy.com☆☆

Quote:
Best Buy has updated their online store with preorders for Utada’s upcoming album “This Is The One.” The page features a cover for the album, the same rumored cover that was making the rounds last week. This seems to validate the Tommy2 post and would make their tracklisting seem legitimate. An official announcement seems imminent.

Last edited by Luv ~Venus~; 12th March 2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 8th March 2009, 09:52 AM
Sexy little things Protector

The last Utada thread got trashed because of spamming, fighting, and bashing. Please keep this new thread clean and peaceful or it will be trashed as well (and the creating of future threads may be put on hiatus). This is a clean slate. Also, as a reminder, religious pictures such as those featured in the last thread are not allowed in AHS, so please keep the Utada discussion religion-free.

Last edited by sugarbasil; 8th March 2009 at 09:55 AM.
Old 8th March 2009, 09:59 AM
appears Initiate

^ Thank god no more Godtada -w-;

Okay, CBTM HQ screencaps anyone?

ANYONE ;<

i'm a genie for you boy...

Old 8th March 2009, 10:04 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

thank you sugarbasil! that last thread was out of hand and not right at all!!

i think utada needs some fabulous weave. she would look a lot better! i can't wait til the album is out~

question.. is this real or fanmade? please say fanmade:

Last edited by Kingdom; 8th March 2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 8th March 2009, 10:10 AM
Banned

^I don't think so juicy. Someone on utada.net said they already had the album or something like.

@kokoro: So pooh. I found a a HQ version of the video tho. It's a bit much for MB but if you want it, I can give it to you.
Old 8th March 2009, 10:15 AM

are they gonna leak it to us by chance?

oh well.. i guess it's the quality of the music and not the cd packaging. right?
Old 8th March 2009, 10:18 AM
Banned

^LOL! I'm not sure. Some folks over at hikaru.sc checked copycat but they said it was no use joining there. [I guess because it's not gonna leak there.] I'm listening to the FYI preview now and the more I listen to it, the more I want it to leak now so I can hear the song in full. I said I wasn't going to dl it but.....I'm so confused on whether or not I should dl it once it leak.
Old 8th March 2009, 10:23 AM

FYI sounds pretty good, i love the preview.. i think you should dl it and not torture yourself
Old 8th March 2009, 10:35 AM
Two of us Initiate

I've been listening to both previews a lot (actually set them on repeat and played a bunch of tetris games with them on XD )
I'm starting to appreciate Utada as a songwriter more and more

The lyrics of Dirty desire that say "I'm thinking 6 to 9" can be interpreted in a lot of ways, like someone (sorry but I forgot who) understood the lyrics first as "sex tonight", it can be interpreted as a pose (no need to make a drawing heh ^^; ) , it can be seen as a mention to a time-spending. I like the references like the one to full metal jacket and the overall feel of the songs (yes I love Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence - FYI a lot too ^^ )

Other artists lyrics, like Britneys music don't have that many layers and well-overthought lyrics.
What someone said about Utada not liking to wear skirts because she felt it as people were thinking she was a prostitue, the lyrics of Easy Breezy make much more sense to me now.
Everytime I learn something new about Utada, her work overall gains deeper meaning for me.
I love being fan of an artists that's smart in so many ways.

Btw especially Dirty Desire reminds of Britney work.. Can't help, but it really feels like that to me, and I mean it as a compliment.
This music will really help her making it in the US and A (Borat was on tv last night XD )

Edit: Luv, I think you might download the leak since you're intending to buy the album anyway huh?
Lieke was right when she mentioned that it was like pre-listening an album in a music store ^^
Hence, nobody buys albums that they don't like, ne?

<3 Lovely sig&avvie by MirrorcleHeaven <3
Old 8th March 2009, 10:47 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Dirty Desire is frikken hot!
Old 8th March 2009, 11:07 AM
Because of You Initiate

ROFLMAO @ GodaTADA

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 8th March 2009, 11:31 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by [kokoro♥] View Post
^ Thank god no more Godtada -w-;
My siggy is still allowed, right? And Godtada and Legendtada are still allowed to be said, right?

Old 8th March 2009, 11:42 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I've just seen the poster and the album!

Waiting for a leak ♪...
Old 8th March 2009, 11:58 AM
Voyage Initiate

omg leak sooon.

☆★ ayudynasty | a.k.a. zanmato ★☆

Old 8th March 2009, 12:12 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicy View Post
thank you sugarbasil! that last thread was out of hand and not right at all!!

i think utada needs some fabulous weave. she would look a lot better! i can't wait til the album is out~

question.. is this real or fanmade? please say fanmade:

It's been said that the person who posted those pictures doesn't really own them and got the pictures off of some site. Hopefully this is true.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 8th March 2009, 01:16 PM
UNITE! Initiate

The images are most probably from Yahoo! Auctions Japan.

JUST ONE GLIMPSE CAN CHANGE LIFE.

Old 8th March 2009, 01:17 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Could all pictures of the This Is The One CD be SPOILERS please?

I don't wanna see anything of the packaging / booklet / CD until I own the CD, so it kinda sucks I already saw here what the CD looks like.

Please SPOILER in the future!
Old 8th March 2009, 01:26 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Oh my There's nothing interesting to be seen anyway

I can't wait to see if I'll like it more than Exodus ^^

Last edited by Maemi; 8th March 2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 8th March 2009, 02:15 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiichi_JPU View Post
Could all pictures of the This Is The One CD be SPOILERS please?

I don't wanna see anything of the packaging / booklet / CD until I own the CD, so it kinda sucks I already saw here what the CD looks like.

Please SPOILER in the future!
hehe I think that the CD is plain looking anyway =P ...
Nothing special to see.
I wish they would make the packaging more appealing but oh well, as long as the music will be good. (Is it the real one?)

(Btw Keiichi_JPU I love your set )

Last edited by ayumisrael; 8th March 2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 8th March 2009, 02:56 PM
Greatful days Initiate

I want to hear it now! D:
So, so, so, close. *__*
Closed Thread

Tags
this is the one, utada