[News] Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 [dates announcement] - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 25th March 2017, 07:33 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

15 out of 60 shows takes 5 months. the entire concert tour will take 20 months :O
Old 25th March 2017, 08:26 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
Avex would be stupid not to set Tour Final on 8th April, while it is Sunday, which is pure perfection for her Anniversary Tour Final date.
On the other hand..... we know avex IS stupid. So let's just hope
well, i wish that date won't used for tour final. come on, its 20th anniv for a most successful jpop diva, i hope she will do some one night only special live, maybe in dome or some stadium, with huge stage, long setlist, and fireworks. well, maybe i should stop dreaming, avex not only stupid but stingy as well...
Old 25th March 2017, 03:11 PM
Two of us Initiate

I was hoping that there will be show on 24 june and 25 june since its weekend but unfortunately after 17-18 june the next show is 28 june that falls on a week day. =/
Old 25th March 2017, 04:00 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post

Also, Ayu's Hall TA tours are way less impressive than her Arena tours.
Those aren't hall tours though. Those venues are literally clubs, very, very different. Halls are much better music venues and are specifically designed for music and stage plays, so you usually get far better sound than at Arenas actually, which are built more for sporting events.

Now, obviously she can't do things like cat walks out into the audience, but you can still do a lot of production at halls, just smaller versions of the same things you would get at arenas.

The reason it's hall tours this time though I suspect is because the various Tokyo venues are going to be closed off an on leading up the next Olympics for renovations and Tokyo area venues are the majority of where she plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
"What is her intension of starting "Just the beginning", is this countdown to her 20th anniversary or..."

This intrigues me.
Honestly, all the language around this has been hinting at retirement at the end of the tour -- that's been the connotation the Japanese gives about something ending. I would be surprised if that's actually the case though; I think it's just language to try to drum up interest.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 25th March 2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 25th March 2017, 04:40 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
The reason it's hall tours this time though I suspect is because the various Tokyo venues are going to be closed off an on leading up the next Olympics for renovations and Tokyo area venues are the majority of where she plays.
Plus she seem to want visit more citys and think Citys like Oita or Kumamoto have no Arenas?

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 25th March 2017, 05:04 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
Plus she seem to want visit more citys and think Citys like Oita or Kumamoto have no Arenas?
Yeah, most parts of Japan only has halls. So usually fans from out in those areas need to travel to places like Hiroshima, Nagoya, etc to see her.
Old 25th March 2017, 06:17 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Alright, so I will try to catch one of her shows in Nagoya in June as it's the nearest to the town I'm going to stay.

And I don't think they will put other dates in between those 15. Cause starting FC lottery for those now and then adding others for the same time frame later doesn't make much sense for me.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 25th March 2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 25th March 2017, 06:52 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah, knowing Ayu, 'retirement' is not going to be where the 20th anniversary leads but probably some sort of new beginning. But just what will change... who knows.
Old 25th March 2017, 07:29 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yeah, knowing Ayu, 'retirement' is not going to be where the 20th anniversary leads but probably some sort of new beginning. But just what will change... who knows.
Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to be something along these lines. I can't see her ever just retiring. Or maybe she is finally going to take a planned break for a while? That too though, I would be surprised if she actually does. haha
Old 25th March 2017, 07:39 PM
BEST Initiate

I feel like, if it actually means anything at all (which, c'mon, knowing Ayu it might not), it might be some kind of announcement that she's once again throwing normal process aside. Like when she announced that she wasn't going to be a slave to the seasonal single release model, or that she would stop attending Kouhaku, etc. Or, it might have something to do with touring...generally moving toward more hall tours if these go well, maybe some international shows, etc.
Old 25th March 2017, 09:44 PM
Depend on you Initiate

It's probably just drama to get some hype. Like when she promised a song that was going to be played just one day on CDL, we got all excited waiting for the last show it was We are the queens in the first one. Ayu has a way of putting drama where there's none and trying to sound deep when there's no need to.

愛されたいと願うあたしが誰のことも
愛せないことにあなたはきっと
気付いたのね

Old 26th March 2017, 02:21 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
And you don't count 2 Yoyogi and 2 Yokohama arena shows as Tokyo area why exactly? And it's not like she can't add Saitama Super Arena if she wants to. How many more shows do you think she needs there?
I think it's simple: it's her 20th anniversary tour, she wants to reach out to as many fans as possible, so she's adding halls this time.
Old 26th March 2017, 04:54 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
Also, Ayu's Hall TA tours are way less impressive than her Arena tours.
er...TA tour is zepp tour (above 1000-1500 pepole) , not hall tour (above 2000-5000 people)

Actually most of japanese singers (example Koda Kumi) is like hall tour because the sound effect and sound equipment is better than arena/stadium/dome

Last edited by voguehoney; 26th March 2017 at 04:56 AM.
Old 26th March 2017, 06:21 AM
still alone Initiate

I don't get the feeling that Ayu is retiring at all. I think that may be over analyzing things. But I guess it is always a possibility.
Perhaps this tour is "just the beginning" of the 20th anniversary. It would make sense since it's only 2017. As more time passes, I keep wondering what is going to happen. There is still quite a bit of mystery going on here.
She still doesn't have an album to support this tour. So she may only be performing previous songs? Then a new tour next year for the official anniversary with a supporting album?
Old 26th March 2017, 06:26 AM
Two of us Initiate

I wouldn't mind if the promo picture become her new album cover. So gorgeous.
Old 26th March 2017, 06:54 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
And you don't count 2 Yoyogi and 2 Yokohama arena shows as Tokyo area why exactly? And it's not like she can't add Saitama Super Arena if she wants to. How many more shows do you think she needs there?
I think it's simple: it's her 20th anniversary tour, she wants to reach out to as many fans as possible, so she's adding halls this time.
That's why in a 60 date tour she is doing those very early on, because they aren't going to be available later. It's getting to be a fairly large problem for artists to find large places in Tokyo to play right now; what is available is pretty booked solid, but I think they've been trying to do better with having them being unavailable on a more rotating basis.

Sure, wanting to be able to go to more places, see more fans et cetera, I'm sure it is part of it, but the loss of income from Tokyo area shows I'm sure factors into the decision as well. 4 total Tokyo arena dates, isn't bad but also isn't near what she usually does. The last two years were exceptions, once again, because of various closures.

Many artists are doing hall tours, because it's kind of the only option right now.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/201.../#.WNdX1qK1thE

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 26th March 2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old 26th March 2017, 03:11 PM
YOU Initiate

Hey guys,
So as far as I understood, TA International members can join the lottery from 27th but do you know when it closes? I'd rather secure time off work before applying for tickets lol!
Old 26th March 2017, 03:38 PM
No way to say Initiate

so I applied for 3 shows in Osaka. mm, and it's too sad to go alone. if someone's going too let's meet up there!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 26th March 2017, 07:19 PM
LIMIT Initiate

I think it will be Yokohama for me

Do you know when they will tell us the results of the lottery?
Old 26th March 2017, 09:54 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
"What is her intension of starting "Just the beginning", is this countdown to her 20th anniversary or..."

This intrigues me.
Or a new album..

Follow me @njanjayrp

Tags
just the beginning -20-, tour 2017