AHS is temporarily unavailable - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 5th January 2009, 07:16 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

so far AHS has been running smoothly at my end today

no errors & what's not has clogged up the system ... yet

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 5th January 2009, 07:54 AM
xLitax

^ Me too. It's running fine now it seems.
Old 5th January 2009, 08:16 AM
CAROLS Initiate

I get that problem frequently too.

For awhile, I thought AHS was gone.

Old 5th January 2009, 08:17 AM
WE WISH Initiate

JEEEZ!
I had trouble browsing on this site for 3 days.
I couldn't download some LIVEs here.

But thank God that it was now resolved.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 5th January 2009, 09:02 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
Hm, personally, I don't know if I would agree with doing that. In theory, it makes perfect sense; but I think there are circumstances that make that unfair (in a way, so to speak).

For example, when I first became a member, I only used the news and downloads section; and sometimes I said thanks for the download. I had never been on a board before, and didn't like participating. I was a new fan, and only joined because it was the only place that I knew of at the time where I could find her music and information about her. I had no desire to talk about her yet, because I didn't know if I liked her enough or not.

I guess, in a nutshell: if you're a new fan, you might just want to try her music, not discuss. That's rather discouraging and might actually push you away from becoming an Ayu fan if you can't find a place to try out her music.

I guess that's just one flaw that I can see with making a posting limit before being able to download. As to what else to do, I'm still at a loss. :/
Hm, I understand your point, but right now looking at the members list, I can't even count more than 20 members with over 10 posts by going back 10 pages.
Maybe some members are just shy and only lurking around for the downloads, so by setting up a posting limit before they can enter the download threads, hopefully it might encourage those member to post and be more active on this forum.

Last edited by pommy48; 5th January 2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 5th January 2009, 10:12 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
^On other boards I've seen that just encourages 10 pointless comments and then they stop :p

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 5th January 2009, 11:49 AM
Startin' Protector

Not to mention those 10 posts would probably be spam. =x
Old 5th January 2009, 04:30 PM
Replace Initiate

Ditto cory & calico's comment. They'd post the minimum number of times, all crap like "yah i agree" or "thx 4 the translation" or "lol" and then they never contribute again, just download.

Like I said, there's no easy way to get rid of leechers and there's really no point trying, cuz everything I've ever seen implemented has backfired.
Old 5th January 2009, 07:59 PM
Initiate

^ I see people do that already on here when there isn't a cap: "10x " lol wat?

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 6th January 2009, 02:45 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InoriNoUta View Post
Oh yeah, that pisses me off. What does that even mean? How about typing out an actual response to thank someone for uploading something?

Old 6th January 2009, 04:39 AM
Initiate

Yeah, they should say 'thanks, and blahblahblah' than just 10x

I don't really agree with the number of post plan,, because I'm neither a really active member nor an inactive member too,, I've joined this forum for two,, umm almost three years but I didn't post often (because of the slow internet in my place), unless there is something I really want to say

But sorry, I don't know anything to help,,
Old 6th January 2009, 09:35 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i think usuing a bigger server would be usefull and i m sure if you use a donation system people will be glad to help you. a lot of forum and website use that kind of thing and it work pretty wellso why not ahs. i know its hard for the mod and asking them to use their money would be unfair but if everyone donate like 5 to 10 dollars maybe im sure it would be a big help for you guys . what do you think ?

i dont know how much cost a server monthly or by year . maybe you can put a monthly goal or something .

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 8th January 2009, 07:45 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

There were a few minor hiccups here & there yesterday & this morning

other than that the server seems to doing a-ok for now

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 8th January 2009, 06:38 PM
Replace Initiate

It was better there for a few days, but it's been really bad for me yesterday & this morning.
Old 8th January 2009, 11:17 PM
Initiate

It's always been like that these days. When I'm posting the poll or the reply....
Old 17th January 2009, 11:00 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
...I ultimately gave up posting the TA messages here cuz every time I tried, I got the "unavailable" error again x_x I see someone else has done it though, so. That's good.
i always wondered why you stoped posting them!!!!!!! it made me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory View Post
^On other boards I've seen that just encourages 10 pointless comments and then they stop :p
so true. it would really be useless to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InoriNoUta View Post
yeah, that's BoBo xD i was also a little pissed at that at first, but now, i've stoped giving a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicayu View Post
i think usuing a bigger server would be usefull and i m sure if you use a donation system people will be glad to help you. a lot of forum and website use that kind of thing and it work pretty wellso why not ahs. i know its hard for the mod and asking them to use their money would be unfair but if everyone donate like 5 to 10 dollars maybe im sure it would be a big help for you guys . what do you think ?

i dont know how much cost a server monthly or by year . maybe you can put a monthly goal or something .
lol that's the exsact thing i've said to pommy on faceboo when this problem started xD
donating would be very usefull and only done by people who want to donate, so no pressure if you don't.

but this just gave me an idea. you know how on jpopsuki they have a XXhour waiting system for those that don't seed? we could use the donating system to make people who don't donate wait a day or two before they can download the HQ OFFICIAL singles/albums/concerts.
i mean just the official versions, not the TV versions or radio rips. and it would be enough just to donate 1 dollar in 6moths or a year to be able to download these official stuff the same moment as they get uploaded.

this way we can make sure that some money would be donated , there won't be so many useless posts/spam and people will know that they can't download the new single today so they won't come and the saver won't overload^^

what do you guys think??
Old 18th January 2009, 05:58 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

oh, i really like the idea of the monthly goal thing. we could try to think of ways to raise money and stuff ..

DownloadMihoFukuhara

Old 18th January 2009, 05:57 PM
Naturally Initiate

I have a very good job now and for the first time i'm making a lot of money. I'd be happy to donate, even if you just set up a voluntary type of thing I'm sure it couldn't hurt. Hell, even if the money payed for the contest prizes would help ey?
Old 19th January 2009, 11:09 PM
ever free Initiate

I am so relieved. I thought it was only me... I so hated my internet connection at that time, because everything was so lagging and slow. It really got on my nerve.
Old 20th January 2009, 10:53 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Raising money has been suggested by people in the past, but it's been discussed and the people paying for the site dont want to take donations (note: I'm not one of them!). This site is going to remain free and donation free, sorry. I know there are plenty of people willing to donate, and the people responsible for the costs know that. Ultimately it's up to them however.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com