The C-pop/M-pop Discussion 3rd Thread - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 17th August 2018, 09:08 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
^I would like to listen to it. I lke the concept behind My Fairytale
It's uploaded !
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3283633
Old 26th October 2018, 04:21 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linoa62 View Post
G.E.M is going to release 3 EPs til the end of the year to celebrate her 10th anniversary !
This 3 EP project is called "音乐童话三部曲" Musical Fairytale Trilogy.

The 1st one called 另一个童话 My Fairytale will be released at the end of the month worldwide, but it got an early release today in China (August 16th is her birthday as well). If there are any G.E.M fans here I can upload it in the DL section if you want.

Its cover is a drawing by popular Instagram illustrator Giselle Ukardi from Canada.
Spoiler:

Why a fairytale as a project ? Basically G.E.M has grown up in those 10 years and realized that the real world and love are not a fairytale. When she's lost in the modern world, she uses music to create her own "fairytale".

There's a questioning in every song of the 1st EP. All of them have been written by G.E.M and Lupo Groinig.

倒数 Tik Tok*

Limited in time, is every relationship overdue or a gorgeous explosion ?

错过不错 Rightfully Wrong*
Missing a bus and missing someone, there are too many things in life we are unable to keep. Must we feel sorry for what we missed and left behind ?

另一个童话 My Fairytale*
7,5 billion ducklings in the world, is becoming a swan the only happy ending there is ?

*Official English titles
2nd EP called 毒苹果 Poisonous Apple ! Release date November 9th.
https://itunes.apple.com/hk/album/那一...438724940?l=zh

Like the 1st one, this EP got an early release on QQ Music.
https://y.qq.com/n/yqq/album/000Qy6FL03pkEU.html

Tracklist
1. 那一夜 Woke*

2. 毒苹果 Poisonous Apple
3. 突然之间 Suddenly

*Official English title

Concept

Quote:
Lost, controlled, missed, resentful... Maybe love and desire are poisons, hidden in sweet apples. Everything is beautiful when intoxicated by the sweetness of love, but when love is overdue, it is just a "poisonous apple"...

She once yearned for a beautiful fairytale, and now she has built her own fairy ale kingdom with her own experience. The apple should be swallowed or spit, and her fairytale continues...

This all-new new EP "Poisonous Apple" is her declaration to the world, no fear, no missing, she is ready to take charge of herself and everything.
EP available in DL section !
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:41 AM
Greatful days Initiate

New album releases coming in December:
Tanya Chua
A new song called 遺書 Suicide note will be revealed next week.

Cheer Chen
Her new album is called 沙發海 Sofa Sea, release date December 11th.
Two songs have already been revealed.

Cyndi Wang
New album called CYNDILOVES2SING, release date December 7th.
1st song 在青春迷失的咖啡館 Lost in the coffee shop of youth:

Show Luo
No specific release date yet.

Jolin
Scheduled for the end of December.

Eason Chan
New album L.O.V.E - eason and the duo band, release date December 12th (digital version on December 14th).
Tracklist: https://itunes.apple.com/hk/album/l-...441543918?l=en
Old 26th November 2018, 05:27 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Upcoming album releases:

12/7 Cyndi Wang - CYNDILOVES2SING
12/11 Cheer Chen - 沙發海 Sofa Sea
12/12 Eason Chan - L.O.V.E - eason and the duo band (digital version on 12/14)
12/14 Ann Bai - 1990s
12/21 Tanya Chua - 我要给世界最悠长的湿吻 I want to give the world the longest wet kiss
12/21 Eve Ai - TBA
12/21 Sandy Lam - TBA
12/26 Jolin Tsai - UGLY BEAUTY
01/??/2019 Show Luo - TBA
??/?? BY2 - TBA

Last edited by Linoa62; 30th November 2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 27th November 2018, 01:54 PM
Sky high Protector

Lightbulb

I would like to see a new Rainie Yang album in that list but I suppose it won't be for this year once again.
Old 28th November 2018, 06:58 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
I would like to see a new Rainie Yang album in that list but I suppose it won't be for this year once again.
Well, she's still touring... Maybe next year, I guess ?
I didn't know she left EMI for Sun Entertainment by the way !
Old 7th December 2018, 03:23 PM
Greatful days Initiate

UPDATE

Upcoming album releases:

12/7 Cyndi Wang - CYNDILOVES2SING (Listen)
12/14 Ann Bai - 1990s (title song)
12/19 Tanya Chua - 我要给世界最悠长的湿吻 Kisses to the World (iTunes Preorder)
12/21 Eve Ai - 垂直活著,水平留戀著。Live vertically, love horizontally.
12/21 Sandy Lam - 0
12/21 Eason Chan - L.O.V.E - eason and the duo band (digital version on 12/14) [iTunes Preorder]
12/24 Cheer Chen - 沙發海 Sofa Sea (iTunes Preorder)
12/26 Jolin Tsai - UGLY BEAUTY (Teaser)
12/28 G.E.M - Queen G 3rd EP (iTunes Preorder)
??/?? BY2 - TBA

Last edited by Linoa62; 11th December 2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 8th December 2018, 12:23 AM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Well, she's still touring... Maybe next year, I guess ?
I didn't know she left EMI for Sun Entertainment by the way !
Is it a good thing? This change? How is this label?
Old 8th December 2018, 03:18 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Is it a good thing? This change? How is this label?
Sun Entertainment is a smaller label. It might mean less budget for her albums, MVs... And maybe more singles and less albums.

Rainie already released 3 singles with them:

EDIT: Looks like Rainie partly produced the 3rd song I posted.

Last edited by Linoa62; 8th December 2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old 14th December 2018, 08:46 PM
Greatful days Initiate

UPDATE

Upcoming album releases:

12/14 Ann Bai - 1990s (Listen)
12/21 Tanya Chua - 我要给世界最悠长的湿吻 Kisses to the World (iTunes Preorder)
12/21 Eve Ai - 垂直活著,水平留戀著。Live vertically, love horizontally.
12/21 Sandy Lam - 0
12/21 Eason Chan - L.O.V.E - eason and the duo band (digital version on 12/14) [Listen]
12/24 Cheer Chen - 沙發海 Sofa Sea (iTunes Preorder)
12/26 Jolin Tsai - UGLY BEAUTY (Teaser)
12/28 G.E.M - Queen G 3rd EP (iTunes Preorder)
??/?? BY2 - TBA

Last edited by Linoa62; 19th December 2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 22nd December 2018, 01:12 PM
appears Initiate

Tanya's Kisses to the World is great. I can't get over how bad the cover is, but the entire album is pure gold. Such a great return for her after Aphasia in 2015 and having put out Cherished as a single. I can hear that she's really settled into this as her "sound" for now. And it's all great.

Heard Jolin's Guai Meide, and it's an interesting track. Jolin's clearly moved into a deeply artistic space with this album, trying to merge pop music with more creative and philosophical effort. I like the title track so far. It's a far cry from the sheer talent she displayed on MUSE though. But I'm curious. It's been 4 and a half years since Pei. I want Jolin to nail this release.

I'm holy hell excited for Sandy Lam's new album. The last I heard from her was Gaia in 2012. I loved her recent collab with aMEI. Also, I'm sad that aMEI doesn't appear to be willing to do another back-to-back album release. I still listen to Story Thief like it was just released. I loved the whole concept. I'd love for her to expand on Story Thief with another album of more mid-tempo/upbeat songs to complement it.

I need to check out Cheer Chen's album. And I loved the first of GEM's trilogy releases, but listening to the songs, it sounds like they came from the same recording sessions she did for HEARTBEAT. It's been 3 years. I'd like her to try a different chord structure and show some sonic evolution. It's not bad music; it's just not "great" for 3 years since HEARTBEAT. And let's not forget that HEARTBEAT was pretty divisive for her.

Also thoughts and prayers going out for Elva to make a return soon. She's all but disappeared from social media over the last several months. She was rumored to be working on a new album, but fell ill. She hasn't been very active this year, and it's already been four years since Shut Up & Kiss Me... which, again, was a divisive album. I miss Elva a lot.

Also, can Show please just pose shirtless?! He's always teasing. And I love him to pieces.

-> <-
Old 22nd December 2018, 03:01 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Tanya's Kisses to the World is great. I can't get over how bad the cover is, but the entire album is pure gold. Such a great return for her after Aphasia in 2015 and having put out Cherished as a single. I can hear that she's really settled into this as her "sound" for now. And it's all great.
I'm listening to it, I love it ! From what I read, Tanya had depression for the past few years, which is why her music was depressing according to her own words. She feels better now, and is releasing a brighter album this time to apologize to her fans for releasing such depressing music before. That's not what she wants to leave behind. That's why this album is more joyful and full of hope, and why the album has a playful cover.

Quote:
I'm holy hell excited for Sandy Lam's new album. The last I heard from her was Gaia in 2012. I loved her recent collab with aMEI. Also, I'm sad that aMEI doesn't appear to be willing to do another back-to-back album release. I still listen to Story Thief like it was just released. I loved the whole concept. I'd love for her to expand on Story Thief with another album of more mid-tempo/upbeat songs to complement it.
0 is on Spotify. Looks like this album only had a digital release... I haven't seen any pre-order on YesAsia or 5music for her.
aMEI has huge problems finishing Utopia 2.0 DVD/BD so producing a full album lol She also took some holidays this year, because her mother had cancer.

Quote:
I need to check out Cheer Chen's album. And I loved the first of GEM's trilogy releases, but listening to the songs, it sounds like they came from the same recording sessions she did for HEARTBEAT. It's been 3 years. I'd like her to try a different chord structure and show some sonic evolution. It's not bad music; it's just not "great" for 3 years since HEARTBEAT. And let's not forget that HEARTBEAT was pretty divisive for her.
It's on Spotify as well !
G.E.M, well, I have to agree with you. The 1st EP was good, but the others ones felt overall like a (bad) copy of the 1st one. And very sad that she dropped the Snow White concept for Woke because she was not satisfied with the MV.

Quote:
Also thoughts and prayers going out for Elva to make a return soon. She's all but disappeared from social media over the last several months. She was rumored to be working on a new album, but fell ill. She hasn't been very active this year, and it's already been four years since Shut Up & Kiss Me... which, again, was a divisive album. I miss Elva a lot.
Lots of mystery behind her condition but it looks like she snapped psychologically and physically during her album production because of the pressure she put on herself. It may still take some time, but I hope she will recover soon.

Quote:
Also, can Show please just pose shirtless?! He's always teasing. And I love him to pieces.
LOL
Old 23rd December 2018, 01:08 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
I'm listening to it, I love it ! From what I read, Tanya had depression for the past few years, which is why her music was depressing according to her own words. She feels better now, and is releasing a brighter album this time to apologize to her fans for releasing such depressing music before. That's not what she wants to leave behind. That's why this album is more joyful and full of hope, and why the album has a playful cover.
Aphasia and Cherished really touched me. I first heard Cherished and loved the calm introspective feel of the song. Aphasia completely blew me away. It was a very powerful record filled with beautiful production and a lot of powerful words. I'm glad Kisses to the World keeps so much of that sound but uses more vibrant colors. I went driving last night while listening to the middle part of the album and it's the perfect soundtrack for a midnight drive.

Quote:
0 is on Spotify. Looks like this album only had a digital release... I haven't seen any pre-order on YesAsia or 5music for her.
aMEI has huge problems finishing Utopia 2.0 DVD/BD so producing a full album lol She also took some holidays this year, because her mother had cancer.
aMEI is really the only artist apart from Jay Chou that can take her sweet time between releases and doesn't have to make a deep effort to have a successful release. I love seeing her perform though. So, I'm OK with the wait if she's actually bringing a tour to wide release. My favorite aspect of aMEI is how amazing her personality is. I don't usually have strong emotional reactions to people, but watching aMEI prance around at the end of the video she did with Andrea Bocelli for If Only just made me feel so thankful for her existence.

Quote:
It's on Spotify as well !
G.E.M, well, I have to agree with you. The 1st EP was good, but the others ones felt overall like a (bad) copy of the 1st one. And very sad that she dropped the Snow White concept for Woke because she was not satisfied with the MV.
I'd love for G.E.M. to leave the western sound for this next project. There's so much beautiful Chinese mythology and folklore she could use for this concept that would be much more creative and beloved. She's extremely talented, but I feel like she needs to meet with Jolin and get a sense for how to effectively cross an artistic experience with pop music. I feel Jolin has gotten so good at merging the two since she started working on MUSE. And G.E.M. feels like she's played in the pop music playground for long enough, just doing standard releases, trying a new thing here and there... it'd be amazing to see her release something on the level of Jolin's upcoming album.

Quote:
Lots of mystery behind her condition but it looks like she snapped psychologically and physically during her album production because of the pressure she put on herself. It may still take some time, but I hope she will recover soon.
I read some years ago that Elva was really down that fans were divided over whether Shut Up & Kiss Me was a good album. I personally loved the album, but genuinely felt it would have been more accepted if Elva was still releasing new music every year. A lot of the criticism I read, and somewhat agreed with, was that it had been 3 years since Wo Ai Wo, and for all that time, it sounded like it could have been released a year after Wo Ai Wo.

I personally think an Elva song of her making random noises into a microphone for 3 minutes would be great. I don't care if her PVs are her doing random dance moves while doing fish lips and crossing her eyes. I just love what she does. I'll look forward to it. But I do feel she's not so much a concept artist. She's someone whose albums are great for the moment and memorable for what they were when they came out. I still love Ms. Elva. I still love Wo Ai Wo. But I love them for being good music, not for being some higher expression of art. The more Elva we can get, the better.

-> <-
Old 11th January 2019, 09:51 PM
Because of You Initiate

Here are my two recomendations... I totally missed out that Laure Shang released a new album title The puzzle Pieces, everybody gotta listen to it it's pretty cool here are two songs from this album:

I love you and I love you 2

Spoiler:

And this is another song from her past album, Single boy:

Also while I was listening to laure's music I found out about this other artist Shawee!, her latest album is called Shall we Young here are two of my recomendations, The outsider and Deep Soul:

Spoiler:

"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)

Last edited by minkAYuko; 11th January 2019 at 09:53 PM.
Old 21st February 2019, 05:08 PM
Greatful days Initiate

New releases

NO JOKE - Show Luo

New album of the same name supposedly coming in March.

雨後彩虹 Rainbow - A-Lin

天分 Natural Gift for drama My Amazing Boyfriend II OST - Angela Zhang

終於勇敢了 Brave - Cindy Yen

This MV has English subs.

墨綠的夜 Jasper Night for movie Long Day's Journey Into Night OST - Hebe

雙生焰 Twin Flames for movie The Knight of Shadows: Between Yin and Yang OST - Jane Zhang

真的傻 Foolish Love for movie Fall in Love at First Kiss OST - Lala Hsu

THAT FIRE - J. Sheon

Hauting Me for drama Green Door OST - Jam Hsiao

進階 Resurgence, theme song for Sanctuary World Tour - JJ Lin
Old 27th April 2019, 05:36 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Show Luo has released his new album NO IDEA a couple of weeks ago.
https://open.spotify.com/album/0Hnvg...Sg-Q7ox_y3pJwA

Della Ding has also released a new album, Die Lovin':
https://open.spotify.com/album/5t2ig...TXWiSb7ApS13qg

Jane Zhang has just released an hour ago her first English album, Past Progressive !
https://open.spotify.com/album/0iKl4...RiWEbIjqxwXcfQ
Old 12th May 2019, 03:22 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Jane Zhang's 2-hour concert in Macao for her new English album Past Progressive ! She also performed old songs and covers.
Old 9th September 2019, 07:15 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

if there are still some Cpop fans, I have just started my Cpop page dedicated to reviewing of Cpop albums and posting of mew music videos feel free to visit and please share with other Cpop fans, if you can.

https://mochina6.webnode.sk/
Old 29th September 2019, 03:53 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1111 View Post
if there are still some Cpop fans, I have just started my Cpop page dedicated to reviewing of Cpop albums and posting of mew music videos feel free to visit and please share with other Cpop fans, if you can.

https://mochina6.webnode.sk/
Of course there are !!! (I hope )
I didn't know that Sandy Lam was planning to retire...
I really liked 0 ! It's a really soothing album with beautiful lyrics, voice, and melodies, without being boring at all.

Angela Zhang is going to release a new album !
She signed with S.H.E's label.

Her first two singles released in one month:
The Kite Leads The Way

Return

Is she going to give up her YouTube channel ? These two lyrics videos have only been posted on HIM channel...

Oh, and no English subs anymore in her vids it seems.
Old 2nd October 2019, 07:23 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Angela - those two new songs are actually pretty good. Hope her new album will be at least that good as previous one.
Just wondering what kind of contract she used to have with Ocean Butterflies. She only released one album with that label and already signed to a new one (HIM)?