[Article] Rock'n'Roll Circus - Professional album review from allmusic - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 3rd August 2010, 02:46 PM
BEST Initiate

There are several J-Pop reviewers on Allmusic. I think this one was done by Alexander Eremekyrtrasomething. I never like his reviews. He delves way too much into the clichés of J-Pop (forgetting completely that every music style ever has its shares of clichés) constantly compares music to other groups which I think is a terrible style of reviewing, AND he just doesn't know anything about the scene at all.

In a different review he said "-insert group- is one of those wildly succesful J-Rock groups, like UVERWorld or Alice Nine."

Anyone who thinks Alice Nine is a wildly succesful J-Rock group shouldn't really be pretending to know anything about Japanese music at all >_>

Some of the other reviewers, like Adam Green, are actually great and often spot on!
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:52 PM
Pray H-Initiate

While everyone complains about the linkin park comparisons...did anyone else notice how they got the release date wrong?

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 3rd August 2010, 03:02 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
There are several J-Pop reviewers on Allmusic. I think this one was done by Alexander Eremekyrtrasomething. I never like his reviews. He delves way too much into the clichés of J-Pop (forgetting completely that every music style ever has its shares of clichés) constantly compares music to other groups which I think is a terrible style of reviewing, AND he just doesn't know anything about the scene at all.

In a different review he said "-insert group- is one of those wildly succesful J-Rock groups, like UVERWorld or Alice Nine."

Anyone who thinks Alice Nine is a wildly succesful J-Rock group shouldn't really be pretending to know anything about Japanese music at all >_>

Some of the other reviewers, like Adam Green, are actually great and often spot on!
Well, the reviwers once called a brazilian pop star "a huge star on her native Brazil" on a recent album review, and the woman is pretty much nobody since the end of the 90s

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 3rd August 2010, 08:30 PM
still alone Initiate

Ahhh complete trash~!!!
RnRC was amazing

set made my me

Old 3rd August 2010, 09:02 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Ummm @untitledforayu: I think ur just trying a bit to much to find a way to say some ayu fans are acting like stans or something
Sincerely, no one is being so super defensive. Look at andrenekoi. They don't like the album but they still have their ideals about the review
Many people are expressing how they feel about the review. Just because someone might say they disagree and that the review wasn't written well doesn't mena they're just blatantly defending ayu. Ur exaggerating
Me, if they wouldve given it 5 stars I wouldn't like how this review is written. The comparisons and etc just don't make sense but I'm sure I alredy talked about that

Most people here as I recall are not just blindly defending ayu and trying to prove she's perfection. Disagreeing with the review doesn't equal being a stan.
Anyone can defend there point just as u defend urs.
There are many well written and sensible respones here. Half of which don't relate to whether he likes the album or not.

I just though u should understand that and same for anyone else who feels like u.
I don't feel like explaining anymore *sighs* basically no one is saying its a bad review simple because its not giving ayu 5 stars. I'm sure many people here wouldn't give it that either
Look at AyumiAi...now that is unnecessary sounding

-----------------
Yeah the only song on this album I could ever compare to LPs array of songs is count down. But its more reminiscent of GUILTy etc.
I don't understand how they're gothic rock either

And someone said something about alice nine ( ) being a popular successful band? as if

And hilary duff got more stars thann this? Haha. She has gems though.
I still have most of her albums since I was a kid

I'm sure there's greater writers from allmusic though. This guy. He is good at sounding like he knows what he's talking about when he writes about jpop and jrock (it works if ur not familiar with either world). If only he actually was

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Last edited by primavera♥; 3rd August 2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 4th August 2010, 07:38 AM
fairyland Initiate

I really appreciated this review, thank you for sharing it with us

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 7th August 2010, 01:16 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Not to be TOO rude... but these people DO NOT KNOW MUSIC.

I doubt anyone on this board would argue that Ayu's single's leading up to RnRC are so far out of place it's just weird. But this site is just bad. It's like going to a tabloid for news on Iraq. Seriously, these people have their heads up their bums, tripped out on the high that they have website where they can pretend they're music analysts. I dont really care what they say about Ayu, you like her or you don't, but after reading their other stuff I can comfortably say they have no idea what they're talking about.

Last edited by Nessa; 7th August 2010 at 01:18 AM.

Tags
allmusic, review, rock'n'roll circus