News about ayu's new release "Bold & Delicious" - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 20th October 2005, 02:46 AM
Banned

^ WELL, the new album format isnt working that well since downloads are all the rage these days. Since the three singles days from Rainbow, her albums were STUCK like a domino to a katamari at 1'000'000 copies..
Old 20th October 2005, 05:54 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantoma
If it's a single I'm really going to be curious about how the album will look. If Pride is a c/w, then that's a total of 8 songs that have already been released that could potentially be on the album. It's so different compared to last year where 'MY STORY' was basically completely a new album.
Yeah, I'm begining to wonder if Will and Alterna will even be on the album. Didn't Max say that she already had quite a few good songs made though? And that was back in June. Maybe Ayu will end up suprising us with a huge double album or something. Probably my wishful thinking, but who knows?
Old 20th October 2005, 06:26 AM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory
All Ayu's titles are horrible at first, then we get used to typing them and we forget they're extremely strange lol
Yeah! Stuff like "Free and Easy" or "my name's WOMEN"... all her songs have some complex meaning, so don't be worried about a wash out... she'll impress us again.
Old 20th October 2005, 06:52 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

MMMMMMMMMMMM. x] strange title.

I always hear a voice calling my name.
I will think of you for ever and ever.

Old 20th October 2005, 07:27 AM
immature Initiate

thanks for the info
Old 20th October 2005, 07:50 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Thanks for info

sig - me

LJ | LastFM | LJ icons | Blog

Old 20th October 2005, 08:27 AM
As if.. Initiate

bold and delicious sound very wierd.

Old 20th October 2005, 08:35 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

i don't really think we should judge the song based on the title..cuz like said above all her songs have double meanings...

where is it confirmed that she is going to release an album this year? did matsuura say?

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 20th October 2005, 01:31 PM
Mirror Initiate

I am also happy about the speed of releases. i wish she releases 7 or 8 singles a year like the good old days!
Old 20th October 2005, 02:56 PM
Voyage Initiate

matsuura did say something about an album release around the time of the release of "fairyland" but he didn't state a date at all.

☆★ ayudynasty | a.k.a. zanmato ★☆

Old 20th October 2005, 05:02 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNsTyLe
Fo'sho! I've been a fan of her since 2002...thos good old days

gosh! I remeber those days too!!!! I almost wet myself when I listened to the singles getting released for I Am... XD XD XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
Yeah, I'm begining to wonder if Will and Alterna will even be on the album. Didn't Max say that she already had quite a few good songs made though? And that was back in June. Maybe Ayu will end up suprising us with a huge double album or something. Probably my wishful thinking, but who knows?

Yeah I'm starting to think that Ayu isn't going to release all the released songs on her next album... or MAYBE it will be a two disc album (ha ha, I WISH) She has always released an album every year... so.... My Story was last year right... maybe CLASSICAL counts but I dun think so... whether it's an album or a single... it's new ayu so I will be happy XD

..::|Do no evil|::..

Last edited by Yarumi; 20th October 2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 20th October 2005, 06:40 PM
Replace Initiate

Aw man, I'm feeling all nostalgic! The hype for A BEST & I am... were crazy!! XD In 2001 we got evolution, the other side series, ayu-mi-x III, all those reissued singles, A BEST, NEVER EVER, Endless sorrow, UNITE! all those news articles & magazine scans that came with A BEST and DOME TOUR, ayu's Dome Tour Memorial UC credit cards, CM upon CM, the CDL 2000-2001, M, and evolution DVDs (then later the Dome Tour dvd), Dearest, a song is born, ayu trance & ayuro mix 2, and CMs with "Naturally", "still alone", and "Daybreak" in them all as a prelude into the I am... album. It was nuts.

Anyway, back on topic, if she releases a single now instead of an album i'm wondering if maybe the album won't be out till january? If, as max has said, ayu already has alot of good material, maybe it'll take some time to figure out what will go on there and what won't, plus i'm sure ayu will want better arrangements for some songs that aren't perfect yet, and i'm sure there are songs she's written lyrics for & has ideas for but haven't been recorded yet.
Old 20th October 2005, 07:01 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumihamasakisan005
Yeah! Stuff like "Free and Easy" or "my name's WOMEN"... all her songs have some complex meaning, so don't be worried about a wash out... she'll impress us again.
THat's true. If a song like free&easy had been released by another artist like.. Christina Aguilera, I think the text might have given other associations or direct references.....
Old 20th October 2005, 07:58 PM
Trauma Initiate

Maybe Ayu will really release a double album haha. You'll never know what avex's marketing might come up with. a double album will definitely see sales go through the roof (i think). cause there will be a big hype over it.
Old 20th October 2005, 08:15 PM
STEP you Protector

I really hope that the next album has alterna and will. They were much better than the single A-sides IMO and it'd be a shame if they were left out.
Old 20th October 2005, 08:58 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeorpain
bold and delicious sounds like some r&b style...I dont know, but thanks for the news!
I REALLY hope Ayu doesn't go R&B
Something tells me that I'll like Pride better. It sounds like a c/w song which I always like better than the song that gives the single its name.
Old 21st October 2005, 03:06 AM
evolusean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0
Aw man, I'm feeling all nostalgic! The hype for A BEST & I am... were crazy!! XD In 2001 we got evolution, the other side series, ayu-mi-x III, all those reissued singles, A BEST, NEVER EVER, Endless sorrow, UNITE! all those news articles & magazine scans that came with A BEST and DOME TOUR, ayu's Dome Tour Memorial UC credit cards, CM upon CM, the CDL 2000-2001, M, and evolution DVDs (then later the Dome Tour dvd), Dearest, a song is born, ayu trance & ayuro mix 2, and CMs with "Naturally", "still alone", and "Daybreak" in them all as a prelude into the I am... album. It was nuts.
Ahhhh... that was a refreshing timewarp.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

There were 8 single A-side singles off of "I am..." (counting "a song is born").
There were 3 singles off of "RAINBOW" (one triple A-side & two single A-sides, plus one non-single promo song.).
There were 3 singles off of "Memorial address" (one triple A-side & two single A-sides, plus two non-single promo songs).
There were 3 singles off of "MY STORY" (one double A-side & two single A-sides, plus four non-single promo songs).

The upcoming album has so far had 3 singles. It's too early to tell what will be an A-side and what will be a B-side, but going by PVs and history-based probability, two double A-sides and one single A-side.

The way I see it, she could either keep with the current trend of 3 singles per album, then lots of promo songs. Or she could break the break, so to speak, and go back to hustling lots of singles and PVs and good times.

I hope it's the latter, to be honest. I like lots of singles. I don't care if it "spoils the album", because in the end you have the same number of songs anyway, and you develop favorites and ignore others. I'd rather have a little music spaced out over the course of the year, rather than a few bunched at once, then a big burst at the end of the year on an album.
Old 21st October 2005, 03:40 AM
LIMIT Initiate

If "Bold and Delicious" ends up being R&B, i wont be mad. "Kanariya" was an excellent R&B style song, and Ayu conquers any genre she faces. as far as the album, im REALLY hoping "is this LOVE?", "STEP you", "Will", and "alterna" make it on there
Old 21st October 2005, 04:22 AM
Banned

GREAT analysis evolusean! ^^ I want the 8 A-SIDE days!!! ^^ but then the single sales will become very unpredictable, I wouldnt want Daybreak Episode 2 again..>.<
Old 21st October 2005, 11:42 AM
CAROLS Initiate

wow.... thx for the info....