[A] Rock'n'Roll Circus Tour FINAL ~7days Special~ thoughts? - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 30th April 2011, 10:53 PM
Two of us Initiate

Amazing....i'm in love with Ballad
Old 1st May 2011, 11:44 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

i've seen only till About YOU, and it was so far AMAZING, but my dvd ins't shipped yet so i have to wait a little longer

MAA thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 12:35 PM
End roll Initiate

I've just gotten past About You on Youtube and I am amazed. Ayu has definitely been hitting vocal lessons to get her live song back after a little lack of quality following the ear and everything. I think this will already overtake My Story AT for me and I'll have to buy the dvd! The conversion rate makes it really expensive in the UK but for this, I think it will be worth it!!

[edit] Aaahhh, the final iii of the bridge in Rainy Day. Oh Ayu, really got me there! Those are the notes I love her for

Last edited by stepYOU1234; 2nd May 2011 at 01:33 PM.
Old 2nd May 2011, 02:09 PM
forgiveness Initiate

My DVD still haven't arrived!!! Argh!!
Even though I did attend to this tour 3 times I'm superduper excited to see this DVD. I need to see it nao! Yet, I'm waiting... Can't the post office dudes be a bit faster?!

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 2nd May 2011, 02:15 PM
Connected Initiate

It was the best tour I've ever seen of Ayu =)

I'm so impressed got my love rising even more for her, pure awesomeness-that's an expression normally only goes out for Kumi- *-*
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:15 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Well, I just got done watching this tour, and I was pleasantly surprised.

This is easily her best tour in many many years, though calling it the best, I feel is a reach. Basically (warning: run on sentence), I dig the acrobatic trio + girl, I don't care a whole lot for her dancers, her band has pretty much remained unchanged (neither good or bad), her back up singers didn't bother me at all this tour, the set list was enjoyable, I don't think Memorial Address was even close to the AT04 one (still good, by all means), and as always, I never get tired of hearing her sing evolution or SURREAL live, easily her best live songs.

What I didn't care for were some of the theatrics involved, it seems like a lot of recycled concepts were used, which I understand that she's been around for years and years, but you gotta do better. A few revisits, no problem, several noticeable ones, grumble inducing.

Outfits were fun, though I didn't particularly like the first one.

All in all, solid concert, would recommend.
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:42 PM
YOU Initiate

My 3 disk copy arrived today, watching it as I type, the opening is more theatrical than anything she has done before, and that performance of Ballad is, in a word, EPIC! I'll openly admit that I was filling up toward the end.
Old 4th May 2011, 04:48 PM
until that Day… Initiate

all i could say that RNRC Tour is definitely one of the her best tours ever!
i totally love the concept so much!
and how they played with the LED screens..
it's amazing!!

the most emotional part when ayu performing rainy day - BALLAD - MOON OMGNESSSSS..
their actings are AWESOME!!!!
successfully made me cry a river.. LOL~
Old 5th May 2011, 08:06 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

is an amazing concert...
but i think "virgin road" performance don't fits with the concert concept

i would be cut all this 3 songs
10. count down
11. Memorial address
12. Virgin Road

i think these songs make inecessary the concert too longer
Old 5th May 2011, 08:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

count down and Memorial address fit perfectly imo. They were sort of like "show stopper" songs since the "show was ending" in a way. It also helps that she was on point vocally for both songs and even sang count down better than on the recorded version of the song!

As for Virgin Road, the point of the 7days Special was to add all of the new tracks that she had created since Rock'n'Roll Circus to the setlist... so at some point or another during those 7 concerts, she performed MOON, blossom [MC], crossroad [MC], SEVEN DAYS WAR, Virgin Road, Sweet Season, and Last angel. I don't really get why she had to do that since it resulted in alterna getting the axe, but eh. The performances were all nice but Virgin Road/MOON did stick out like sore thumbs in the entire concert and rightfully so since they were kind of just snuck in there.

The original plan for the concert was a lot shorter (ARENA TOUR 2010 / A MUSEUM 2010) but was made waaay longer with the inclusion of the seven new songs she'd done all throughout 2010.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:38 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Yeah I'm still a bit bummed that alterna and RED LINE didn't make it into the DVD (figures since Last Angel and SEVEN DAYS WAR would (CDL) and still will make into a new tour). But I truly understand why she did it and SDW is really a fitting song for that timing... But yeah, I can't stop miss the other two cuz on the concerts they was AWESOME!

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:48 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Forgot to add that I have seen the Blu-ray's first disc in full and OMG, the tour is sooooo awesome in HD. You can even read people's shirts/signs in the audience! Ugh, I wonder if CDL10-11 will be on Blu-ray as well~
Old 6th May 2011, 04:13 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

OMG I just saw the concert in blu-ray and the HD is awesome you can even see the details in her outfits, they look more pretty and the audience as truehappiness said you can even read people´s signs, just incredible.

With this I just can hope that in a close future she re-edit her main concerts in blu-ray. Just imagine My Story tour or Missunderstood tour or even Asia tour 2007 in HD WOW!! :
Old 8th May 2011, 04:59 AM
Initiate

So yesterday i started watching my blu-ray (not finished) . I must say that the blu-ray quality is seriously mindblowing.
Old 11th May 2011, 03:49 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I saw it today for the first time and I liked it a whole lot. There were a couple cringy moments but overall it was very entertaining and she was able to sing through a lot of it.
de tu puño y letra
Old 11th May 2011, 02:23 PM
Don't look back Initiate

I just got mine today!!!!

Blu-ray is truly spectacular oh my goodness. The introduction and Microphone is probably one of the most intense concert openings ever..she really topped herself in that. Sitting on that chair alone with that gorgeous dress just screams QUEEN!!

I was soooo touched with rainy day..I never thought I would. And it wasn't until BALLAD, when I finally cried. I got goosebumps all over when she hit the chorus. The videography was so beautiful..and the stage was just WOW. When I read that many of you said it is so amazing so touching, I didn't think I would be equally wowed and emotional. Midori is so fine and Ayu's emotions really came true.

And omg count down and Memorial Address had gotta be the most amazing section in terms of emotion and rock and rawness and vocals. Count down is FANTASTIC!!! Ayu looked so amazing and that dress is such a cool mix of lace and leather. DLB~inspire~because of you was powerful. And I really liked the new choreo for INSPIRE.

That's all I've seen for now. Will addon later ...IM TOTALLY LOVING THIS!!!

edit: AHHH Sexy Little Things is so cute! And that rock section was amazing. I could totally feel the sense of Ayu's rock side coming through and those were definitely some of her most energetic songs live. Lady Dynamite was surprisingly boom! and I loved the dance battle at Jump! Ph and I loved how all the dancers came back from the different acts. That was like a true circus act..to end off the entire show.

to end off, SEVEN DAYS WAR was so genuine.

This concert was so emotional really. There's fun and joy but there's also so much emotion. I guess, she totally captured and portrayed the essence of a Rock'n'Roll Circus.
VERY PLEASED! AND IM GONNA GO BACK TO THIS CIRCUS IN A FEW DAYS TIME

Last edited by freedreamer; 11th May 2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12th May 2011, 04:32 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I love how they filmed it

While it isn't my favorite concert, it has its moments!

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 12th May 2011, 05:10 PM
forgiveness Initiate

It's simply mindblowing
The set, the costumes, the interludes, everything is so neat!
I don't complain on any single thing (especially costume-wise which I really into) she pulled it very well. The show is not over the top but the greatness spreads equally in almost all songs.

She uses screens more often this time, I really like it those little animations and such is cool
The ballad session is the saddest ballad session to date, rainy day choreo is neat, BALLAD is heartsweeping.
And she's vocally better than AT09, except for Last angel tho

There are some things that I guess could've been improved but rather trivial like
1. They could use magic tricks in Don't look back though, or someone pretend as a snake charmer lol
2. INSPIRE~Because of You <-- it feels weird for me
3. Sexy little things should be merrier and wackier, I hope she had a juggler, someone with unicycle etc it'll be greater imo
4. I hoped they include the interlude movies, even tho it's hard since it's for multi screens but I want the clear interlude songs so baad

Questions though,
Do they changed BALLAD and Memorial address? Because I saw in the pamphlet Shuya should be carrying Midoring on air to heaven and there should be a choreo for Memorial when Maro torned the purple fabric from behind Ayu...I kinda want to see those

Last edited by terra; 12th May 2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 21st May 2011, 12:30 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

MOON replaced the """HEAVEN""" section.
Old 21st May 2011, 01:30 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

lol. how cool would it be if they named it a museum 2010 still cos they even had the a museum logo thing as part of the stage design with the rock and roll circus font.

あゆ

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 7 days special, arena tour 2010, rock'n'roll circus