[Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Love songs~ - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th December 2010, 01:46 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
But that's not the point. Releasing two albums in succession TOO quickly can also damage sales. I know very little examples where albums released within 8 or less months of each other have ever NOT had a significant drop in sales : /
Well that's true too, didn't think of it like that. This is the first year in a while she has released quite frequently as well.
Old 24th December 2010, 01:48 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i wonder if there will be a day, maybe in 10 years. that ayu will sell like 10k~or less in the first week of physical sales..
Old 24th December 2010, 01:55 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
It is strange, but at the same time maybe it was just too soon. Plus people are shopping for Christmas so they may not have the money to spend on Ayu...
Well my thoughts are that people who want to buy the album don't have money because of Christmas.

People who wanted to buy the album for others have already spent that money thinking that the album may have sold out at their local chain - they may have given their friends/family money though so they can buy it post-Christmas.

Hope isn't lost for great sales, I don't think we'll ever see the sales of Duty and LOVEppears again (at least within Ayu's lifetime lol)

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 24th December 2010, 02:01 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i also dont think that there will be anothe female singer in japan that will cross over ayu's sales...

Last edited by brener; 24th December 2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 24th December 2010, 03:56 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
i also dont think that there will be anothe female singer in japan that will cross over ayu's sales...
Are you kidding? misono !

Loljks. That'd be the day. Haha.

I would go so far as to say that Ayumi Hamasaki is the worlds longest running and most consecutively successful female artist. =D
Old 24th December 2010, 04:06 AM
monochrome Initiate

I'm just curious, how much radio play will her love songs' songs get? any? or only the singles? or what...

also, how about music tv channels like mtv or whatever? will they play her love songs PVs more, or at all?

surely this sort of exposure is worth much more than a couple of lives.

Old 24th December 2010, 04:09 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayurocks20 View Post

Anyway I don't get why these sales would be so bad . This album had almost less promo than for RnRC but it sells well anyway. Some underrated japanese singers would kill for her sales lol (yeah, even misono).

Old 24th December 2010, 05:18 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:

Loljks. That'd be the day. Haha.

I would go so far as to say that Ayumi Hamasaki is the worlds longest running and most consecutively successful female artist. =D
madonna? perhaps not so concecutively sucessfull but she's been around sicne the 80s and is still very sucessful >.< as much as i wish we could say this about ayu, unless your talking about only in japan or asia

set made my me

Old 24th December 2010, 06:04 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumiAi View Post
madonna? perhaps not so concecutively sucessfull but she's been around sicne the 80s and is still very sucessful >.< as much as i wish we could say this about ayu, unless your talking about only in japan or asia
In terms of consistent popularity, controversies, musical input & style... I still think Ayu is more successful than Madonna. Especially when she can gain an enormous fanbase even when there's a language barrier
Old 24th December 2010, 09:49 AM
Lelio Protector

3rd Day
Position: #1
Sales: 18,186
Total Sales: 125,706
Old 24th December 2010, 10:06 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
3rd Day
Position: #1
Sales: 18,186
Total Sales: 125,706
Glad it didn't drop to 15k right away. Hopefully the numbers will jump to 20k tomorrow due to MSta.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 24th December 2010, 10:10 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I've dreamed about Ayu having first day sales about 205k with Love songs two days ago. Really weird, cause I've never dreamed about Ayu before. XD
And I've never expected the first day sales to be that high, lol.

The sales so far are ok, she's still selling steady. I totally love the album, that's all I need.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 24th December 2010, 10:34 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
In terms of consistent popularity, controversies, musical input & style... I still think Ayu is more successful than Madonna. Especially when she can gain an enormous fanbase even when there's a language barrier
Madonna released at least one huge hit and one album aclaimed by both critics and public for every one of the 3 decades she produced music... Ayu's career is not long enough to acomplish that...

And we have more very successful singers around the world that have huge fanbases for decades... Being it worldwide like Cher, Kylie, Barbra Straisand, Tina Turner... or local (like Ayu herself)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 24th December 2010, 10:46 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I know we go through this every time, but what is "good promotion" to those of you who complain? She was on more magazine covers these last three months than she's been on in years (at the same time, at least), she's had several high-profile television performances, and the billboards and trucks are doing the rounds in Tokyo. What more can Ayu and Avex do?
Old 24th December 2010, 10:50 AM
End roll Initiate

^More TV lives and good tie-ins. Decent radio play wouldn't hurt either.
I honestly don't think these sales are bad, it'd just be cool to see her sell more, as I think she deserves to.
Old 24th December 2010, 10:53 AM
Two of us Initiate

I think Ayumi will always be popular. 100 and something thousand copies. That means over a hundred-thousand people bought her album... That's still a freaking lot! haha.

=D

The day she sells "310" copies and charts #321 on oricon is when we should worry. Haha.
Old 24th December 2010, 10:54 AM
BEST Initiate

While I think we'd all like her to sell better, I'm a bit annoyed by the people who keep referring to these sales as low and a problem. They're NOT low, they're lowER, and there's no shame in that.

In constantly referring to these sales as low, you're sort of ignoring what she IS accomplishing, which is, omfg, another no. 1 album that will very likely go platinum. : /
Old 24th December 2010, 11:13 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
^More TV lives and good tie-ins. Decent radio play wouldn't hurt either.
I honestly don't think these sales are bad, it'd just be cool to see her sell more, as I think she deserves to.
Tv Lives: She had 3 and will have 4 more now...

Tie-ins: Don't depend entirely on hers, but also on how interested are industries, movies and dramas in liking their image to hers... Still, all of her singles had tie-ins

Radio play: Doesn't depend entirety on her

The fact is... she is not as popular as she used to be, and even if she is far from being irrelevant or hated, she can't just force her promotion through people minds anymore like she did at her peak...

Appearing everywhere everytime when u r new, fresh and the it girl: money

Appearing everywhere everytime when u r popular for almost 13 years: career suicide.

She is just focusing her promotion on people who already likes her... cuz really, right now, who already know her and doesn't like her is not likelly to changing their minds just cuz her song played more or cuz she had 5 lives on the same week on tv...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 24th December 2010, 11:16 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
And we have more very successful singers around the world that have huge fanbases for decades... Being it worldwide like Cher, Kylie, Barbra Straisand, Tina Turner... or local (like Ayu herself)
The majority of those haven't had a hit song in years, still I get what you're saying.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 24th December 2010, 11:17 AM
End roll Initiate

^ Yeah, I understand that. I honestly don't think she is doing badly and should promote the way she used to, I'm pretty fine with how things are. I would like to see higher sales, however, just because I think she deserves it, and I was giving a few examples of how that could happen.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, dream on, love songs, oricon