[Charts & Rankings] A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ - Oricon Style - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 6th September 2008, 01:12 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozz View Post
too near release date doesnt affect to Japnese to buy the album IMO..
You see Kuu best 2nd session release just a year after best first thing
Yeah, but the second had completely different songs from the first. Plus, all of the songs on it had JUST been released with that 12 singles project thing.
Old 6th September 2008, 06:26 PM
I am... Initiate

It does look promising but i'd just be happy if it hits a million. Anything lower is oh well... At least i have a new product.
Old 7th September 2008, 12:31 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Isn't B'z releasing their BEST one week after A COMPLETE? sucks that Ayu will just get one week at #1.

V6 - Ai Nanda ♪
made by ll moments ll! ♥♥♥

Old 7th September 2008, 12:40 AM
WE WISH Initiate

YAY!!!
Old 7th September 2008, 12:52 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

really can't wait to know how this best album can sell

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 7th September 2008, 03:45 AM
SAKURA Initiate

pretty nice NINKI. but you can't just rely on that. we need actual sales and see how this album does.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 7th September 2008, 06:39 AM
no more words Initiate

I wouldn't have thought that many people would have wanted this, really.... besides the a-nation and TA live tour clips, at least. May be the radio play of Who... really helped, and brought people back to those "natsukashii" days, where almost EVERYONE loved her.

May be it's the fact that it's actually a pretty comprehensive collection, save a few songs.

But these NINKI numbers make me VERY excited.
Old 7th September 2008, 03:30 PM
Dolls Initiate

^What's natsukashii?
Old 7th September 2008, 06:39 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

^ wonders too .
but do we really care about sales ? as long its good i dont care about sales figure

Old 7th September 2008, 06:47 PM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwiz View Post
^What's natsukashii?
nostalgic

This great set was done by Ayu~Wonderland on AHN.
Old 7th September 2008, 07:17 PM
immature Initiate

I really hope this high NINKI means that the sales will be AMAZING...

how does this NINKI rating compare to her past albums?? GUILTY, A BEST 2, etc???

The new Queen.
Maj did the top set. I did the bottom one.

Old 7th September 2008, 07:29 PM
End of the World Initiate

actually, I'm quite confident it will sell more than Namie.
Namie is not as popular as Ayumi, not even now.
Taking in consideration of all the Oricon polls, Ayumi has taken number 1 spot on so many polls lately..

I think Ayumi's popularity is rising again~~
Maybe too optimistic ahaha.
I think people on here seem to be too grave in their estimation on how popular ayumi really is.
She still is VERY popular~

But.. even my friends are anticipating buying the album.
I don't think many japanese are saying "didn't she just release best 2 last year?"
It's okay~ I think~ because it's different, with different items included.

Anyways~ I will be optimistic..
But I guess it could go anyways~
Old 7th September 2008, 07:45 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I hope she does well and get #1, especially over the past few weeks we have not been seeing action on the albums other than Namie Amuro's...

And I hope Ai Otsuka does well, except she has to face GLAY for the #1 spot, as I think GLAY is the better one to take the #1 because they have more experience...
Old 7th September 2008, 10:44 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Unfortunately, A COMPLETE has to face B'z, so there's possible competition there. Both artists/groups are extremely popular, but I believe A COMPLETE will come out on top. I certainly hope A COMPLETE sells more than BEST FICTION does - it's a better compilation, in my opinion.
Old 7th September 2008, 10:47 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

i mean i think A COMPLETE is a very much better compilation...so many songs! but people brought BF for DMM and Sexy Girl, and the triple A songs~..but ayu only have 1 new song..well more like a remake of the original, so idk if that'll be enough for people to buy~
Old 7th September 2008, 11:04 PM
Over Initiate

A COMPLETE~ALL SINGLES~ will have one week at the top of the chart, at best. B'z is guaranteed to kick her out of the top slot when they debut their album. Honestly, it's a given. People really should pay attention to the way certain artists perform on ORICON. Ayu isn't exactly a shoe-in for the number one position when competing against popular male artists, and I don't understand why avex doesn't seem to comprehend that. Had they waited two more weeks in January to release GUILTY, she would have retained her #1 album streak because KOBUKURO was guaranteed a good 4-week run at #1, and they should have known that in December when KOBUKURO released their album. Ultimately, it was Koda Kumi's Kingdom album that finally pushed KOBUKURO out of the top slot in their fifth week, logically speaking, despite her declining sales, Koda Kumi's album was a prime candidate for the rank one position. In the same regard, it's common knowledge across Japan that whenever B'z releases something, it's going to chart at #1 without a doubt, and yet avex still insisted upon releasing A COMPLETE~ALL SINGLES~ only a week before? Among those on the inside of the industry, news of upcoming approximate album debut dates is not hard to come by, and avex producers did not move the release of A COMPLETE~ALL SINGLES~ even a week earlier. It's rather frustrating. They should plan Ayu's releases like that of Amuro's BEST FICTION. While it was obvious that BEST FICTION was lined up to dominate the ORICON chart (as it was pretty obvious from the gradual increase in Amuro's sales over the past year, a BEST album would naturally be prime for the million-seller achievement, or at the very least, a number one slot on the ORICON chart), the fact that she wasn't opposed by the release of an album from a big-selling artist over the course of her six-week chart-topping run helped the album remain #1. Had the release dates of BEST FICTION and A COMPLETE~ALL SINGLES~ been switched, we might have seen different results.

That being said, best of luck to Ayu and the release of A COMPLETE~ALL SINGLES~. May it chart at #1 for as long as possible, and sell to our hearts' content despite the lack of release strategy amongst her avex producers.

Last edited by greggerz189; 7th September 2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 7th September 2008, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy408 View Post
i mean i think A COMPLETE is a very much better compilation...so many songs! but people brought BF for DMM and Sexy Girl, and the triple A songs~..but ayu only have 1 new song..well more like a remake of the original, so idk if that'll be enough for people to buy~
No. I would say they brought BF sold the way it sold because Namie gained new fans who didn't know much about her music until they heard 60s70s80s and became interested in her previous material. A Complete is offering nothing new other than some old unreleased pics of her old singles and some footage of her old tours (I think). I'm not expecting it to do super well like Namie's best did but I expect it to do lil bit better than GUILTY.
Old 7th September 2008, 11:09 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

This reminds me of the time A BEST was lined up against Utada Hikaru's DISTANCE album. Maybe Avex wants to test Ayumi's popularity and see how she fares even after ten years?

I also think it's a stupid move.
Old 7th September 2008, 11:16 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv ~Venus~ View Post
No. I would say they brought BF sold the way it sold because Namie gained new fans who didn't know much about her music until they heard 60s70s80s and became interested in her previous material. A Complete is offering nothing new other than some old unreleased pics of her old singles and some footage of her old tours (I think). I'm not expecting it to do super well like Namie's best did but I expect it to do lil bit better than GUILTY.
Unreleased pics and unreleased tour and a-nation performances are already something new =P

I don't expect it to sell extremely surprisingly anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Panda View Post
This reminds me of the time A BEST was lined up against Utada Hikaru's DISTANCE album. Maybe Avex wants to test Ayumi's popularity and see how she fares even after ten years?

I also think it's a stupid move.
It doesn't really like her A BEST since this week the album has no competition and BF's 7th week is definitely not a competition..
As people here said, A COMPLETE has to be one of the most flopping albums ever to not sell more than namie's BF this week (Not in total of course).

Last edited by ayumisrael; 7th September 2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old 7th September 2008, 11:17 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

365.20 out of 400 sounds pretty good.
Hope it can sell as much as it's predicted.

I hear a voice saying "don't give up"
I remember the words
"Your happiness is my happiness"

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a complete ~all singles~, hamasaki ayumi