Why wasn't tour of secret released in blu-ray - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 16th December 2012, 05:43 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Why wasn't tour of secret released in blu-ray

How come back in 2011 when they re-released a bunch of her concerts in blu-ray they skipped tour of secret?

At the time her older concerts were being re-released I didn't even notice but I was recently thinking about getting m(u) and secret's tours in blu-ray, then I realized the latter doesn't exist Just wondering if they ever gave a reason why or if anyone could tell me possibilities as to why they skipped it
Old 16th December 2012, 07:40 AM
No way to say Initiate

Maybe the documentary stuff wasn't shot in HD~
Old 16th December 2012, 09:16 AM
from your letter Initiate

Is it true none of the Blu-rays have any of the extras that are on the DVDs? I was thinking of switching my DVDs for the Blu-Rays, but if the Blu-Rays don't have the extras I don't think I will bother to buy the Blu-Ray. It's to expensive. >_<
Old 16th December 2012, 07:51 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Maybe the documentary stuff wasn't shot in HD~
I don't think any of the re-released shows were shot in HD to begin with; I think they all were just up-scaled? Watching AT08 didn't look as "WOW" as AT10 for example.
Old 16th December 2012, 08:39 PM
GREEN Initiate

I wish they would bring the rest to blu ray... upscale or not.
Old 16th December 2012, 09:59 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She started using mostly HD cameras for AT05 (at least that was reported when the DVD came out, and from what I saw on the DVD there were like two non-HD cameras used at certain points of AT05 and like ONE during AT06) though if they used the source footage for just about all her shows without compressing it too much for DVD or whatever, the picture quality is pretty good. There was an Ayu 10th Anniversary special on WOWOW (two parts) that was in HD and the quality of the performances was awesome! For whatever reason though a lot of her early 2000s~ lives were not shot in widescreen yet concert tour 2000 looked perfect as did DOME TOUR. I think I still have the files burnt on a disc somewhere~ It was also the first place where we got a taste of AT06's Born To Be... in HD.

http://i.imgur.com/Q4aYa.jpg - thumbnails from the first set of videos

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...ht=anniversary
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...ht=anniversary

It's probable that they skipped it because the way that AT07 was formatted, it was a live with documentary snippets edited inbetween.

Last edited by truehappiness; 16th December 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 16th December 2012, 10:14 PM
I am... Initiate

The first full HD cameras were used for ST02, as visible in the WOWOW special. ST02 mixed full-HD cameras with SD cameras, it looked awkward as hell. From AT05 on everything was shot in HD(with apparently some SD cameras mixed in?). They were not upscales, they were true HD. Just shot on worse cameras than AT10 and newer concerts. (CT00, DT01, AT02 and possible AT0304 were shot using only SD cameras)
Why AT07 wasn't released on Bluray...I'm guessing it's the formating.
They MAY have not brought the HD cameras overseas though because such cameras tend to be bulkier and heavier than SD ones.
Old 24th December 2012, 03:46 PM
No way to say Initiate

I have the Stadium tour dvd, the footage is such poor quality and the editing is so inconsistant. If Avex wants to release older stuff in HD, they need to remaster/recut the raw footage and start again but of course they won't.
Old 24th December 2012, 03:51 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
I have the Stadium tour dvd, the footage is such poor quality and the editing is so inconsistant. If Avex wants to release older stuff in HD, they need to remaster/recut the raw footage and start again but of course they won't.
Stadium Tour was mastered in HD already, just partly shot in SD. The TV special proved that.
The DVD itself is just badly encoded. I agree that the editing is awful though.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:05 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
The first full HD cameras were used for ST02, as visible in the WOWOW special. ST02 mixed full-HD cameras with SD cameras, it looked awkward as hell. From AT05 on everything was shot in HD(with apparently some SD cameras mixed in?). They were not upscales, they were true HD. Just shot on worse cameras than AT10 and newer concerts. (CT00, DT01, AT02 and possible AT0304 were shot using only SD cameras)
Why AT07 wasn't released on Bluray...I'm guessing it's the formating.
They MAY have not brought the HD cameras overseas though because such cameras tend to be bulkier and heavier than SD ones.
But the final show on DVD is not from overseas, is from Tokyo, isn't it? So it's just because of the formatting they didn't release it in Blu-ray.
And CDL05-06 was also shot fully in HD, but didn't get blu-ray release
Old 31st December 2012, 01:17 PM
ourselves Initiate

^
the final show is from Fukuoka venue, pitty that they didnt released this in Bluray i want it >.<