ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2022-2023 A 〜Remember you〜 - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 1st January 2023, 01:53 PM
YOU Initiate

https://postimg.cc/mzBcBrJX

I always get given bad seats but I was still stanning Ayu in my outfit.

Last edited by thesweetseason; 1st January 2023 at 01:55 PM.
Old 1st January 2023, 02:12 PM
Love song H-Initiate

The vocal wasn't that bad in my standards, except Key. Or I was prepared after the comments
Overall the concert was nice. The very beginning is a huge "go fuck yourself" message, I like it.
All outfits are really nice, I hope ayu will keep them for the anniversary live. The pink sparkling coat is lovely.
Old 1st January 2023, 02:22 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesweetseason View Post
https://postimg.cc/mzBcBrJX

I always get given bad seats but I was still stanning Ayu in my outfit.
Love your outfit!

Old 1st January 2023, 02:30 PM
July 1st Initiate

I just finished watching the dTV rip of the CDL a few moments ago and, honestly it was somewhat not as bad as I expected? like, it was 'bad', in the sense that we know she could have exerted more control, as we see from SAIGO NO TROUBLE, MUSIC for LIFE, and the recent string of TV performances.

she resorted to screaming much more frequently than in CDL 21–22, and this is probably because of the sore throat she was reportedly having before the first show. (then again, the sore throat was probably caused by excessive screaming during the CDL rehearsals, so we're probably just going in circles here ). this made several songs sound very grating, like the succession of rock songs at the beginning and especially Key.

that said, I think she pulled it off not too bad in other songs where I would expect her to perform worse, like the I am...–Moments–M section (oh god especially M; she struggled, but didn't sound that bad in my book!).

and also, I just love most of her looks and outfits oh my word??? I'm indifferent about the encore outfit, but the rest look awesome, even that Edwardian Infant look she pulled during Together When...–November! I hope they release this on Bluray soon, because it should look and sound incredible with some editing
Old 1st January 2023, 04:15 PM
Because of You Initiate

So i skimmed though the concert and it was so black and white when you talk about her vocals - she sounded perfectly fine is some songs/part and completely off key in others and struggling. I have a feeling there was something going on with the monitors and the backing tracks/instrumentals, cuz she kept adjusting them a lot and sometimes it felt like the music was taking over her voice. Her technique was also off at times. But i applaud her for keeping it live instead of lip-synching even though she's got issues with her technique and hearing.

I loved the costumes except for that black November monstrosity of a dress/look that looked like a total mess. Can we leave this crap in 2008? She's had some beautifully done massive dresses in the past few years for her ballad/soft segments and this was not it! I have no opinion on the encore look, since she always comes out in something casual from her merch table. I liked the hair though.

It was a pretty good show, though.

Last edited by BlackSilence; 1st January 2023 at 04:24 PM.
Old 1st January 2023, 06:45 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I liked the black dress but it was much better on day 1 without the headpiece.

Old 1st January 2023, 09:45 PM
Sky high Protector

The concert is not bad but I'm worried about her ears' health. From November we could see and hear there is something wrong. She couldn't clearly hear herself and she didn't stop to focus to try to sing well while she was singing off-key 95% of the time. I don't count Moments and M because I don't believe that she can sing two songs (and one of her most difficult song of her discography) in a row almost perfectly while all the rest from November to B&G was mostly bad. They were surely lip-synced. During Next level she was slightly out of time with the instrumental at a moment.
I can understand why she burst into tears in Love song.
That's sad because I believe that she trained to sing so much in spite of her half-deafness (the beginning of cdl and the last TV lives proved it, she can control her voice) but loud music during concert killed all her efforts.
Old 2nd January 2023, 01:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The mixing during the show was weird too, sometimes the vocal was up front and sometimes it was behind the music...?
Old 2nd January 2023, 03:48 AM
Two of us Initiate

Is Subaru no longer part of her team? Is he related to that incident during 2022 where Ayu said she needs to take responsibility for someone in her team?

Old 2nd January 2023, 04:01 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Subaru graduated a while back and does his own thing now.
Old 2nd January 2023, 05:20 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Ayu mentioned on her instagram that there was an issue with her in-ear monitors on day 2. At least that's what I got from IG's translation.

Old 2nd January 2023, 10:17 AM
Don't look back Initiate

I love the tracklist of the CDL. But unfortunately vocally it couldnt meet the mark and it was rather saddening to watch through November, Together When..., is this LOVE, I am... (the softer higher parts were the issue).

Didnt like that jazzy spin-off in Moments AT ALL. And ooof...Key shouldnt deserve that shouting ><

But whatever it is, whenever I watch Ayu, its just really HAMASAKI AYUMI all over her performances. Her emotions, her intensity. I am... (despite some vocal struggles) was just so powerful, from her stance, from her gaze. THAT is the ayu I will always enjoy watching.

Last edited by freedreamer; 2nd January 2023 at 10:31 AM.
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:24 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Ayu mentioned on her instagram that there was an issue with her in-ear monitors on day 2. At least that's what I got from IG's translation.
Some more context on this-

Quote:
✨🎍A happy new year🎍✨

I am still floating in the aftermath, still in my own world.

On the second day, seriously, everyone's huge cheers were shaking the venue. My earpieces whited out sometimes due to the stark difference from the day before, and I felt myself go pale (laugh)

Aaah-- But I am most proud of the fact, that the whole team was able to make it to New Year, and didn't give up fighting until the end... I have tears.

All the staff from all the sections, the members of the stage troupe, and above all, everyone who supported us live and gathered at the holy land.

Love🐇🤍

#ayuCDL20222023
#yoyoginationalgymnasium
Old 2nd January 2023, 03:02 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^Thank you so much!!

Old 3rd January 2023, 04:28 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Anyone knows if the archived live in dTV available this week is the direct live or an edit live?
Old 3rd January 2023, 07:41 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It seems the same but someone upped saturation on it so that the colors are all weird now compared to the original.
Old 3rd January 2023, 08:45 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I technically like what they did with the colours but everything ended up looking rather washed out, lots of details got lost.

Old 4th January 2023, 05:16 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

It looks awful. The original broadcast was actually pretty good for a livestream, but someone really knocked up the saturation levels for the whole video file without checking how it affected everything else. I took some comparison shots - since they're larger images, I'll put them all under the spoiler. The top screenshot is original broadcast, the second one is the playback version. I really hope this isn't indicative of the footage they're using for a future dvd/blu-ray

Spoiler:

Old 4th January 2023, 07:05 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

Uhh..why.the live stream version is so much better

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 4th January 2023, 10:02 AM
TO BE Initiate

I just finished watching the CDL.

- I love the setlist. L-O-V-E
- Im happy that she doesnt force the nasal sounds so much. I have the feeling that she didnt use her "cutesy" voice that much
- What I cant understand is that she clearly cannot distinguish between sounds she can hold and those who she cannot sing. There were so many situations where she was off and she kept the sound so long. At the same time, I have heard worse than this.
- I would have loved to see the show. Outfits, performances and the entrie show was great.

I am afraid what she will announce on the 25th ...

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Tags
cdl, countdown live, countdown live 2022-2023