[Charts & Rankings] Days/GREEN 2nd ORICON SALES THREAD - Page 27 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 21st February 2009, 10:57 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Yeah, at least I was relieved to hear in her recent post that she did some magazine shooting. The theory is still going around though on bbs. What I don't understand though is why Avex rushed this album so much? Why not announce it for end of April instead of March, that way she could properly promote both the single AND album. I don't see why it had to be March.

I'm still not sure what they are going to do about tv performances unless they are planning on either not doing many, or having them air kind of late since the only actual live music show is Music Station. The rest are usually filmed a number of weeks in advance.
I guess they wanted this tour to promote the album and so they got her to rush the album. I'm guessing since they don't have a set schedule right now they cannot exactly make any commitments to music shows.. or something similar.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 21st February 2009, 06:51 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk View Post
I guess they wanted this tour to promote the album and so they got her to rush the album. I'm guessing since they don't have a set schedule right now they cannot exactly make any commitments to music shows.. or something similar.
Hopefully at least what was posted on 2ch above turns out to be real.
Old 21st February 2009, 11:32 PM
Dolls Initiate

maybe ayu will do tv performances in between rule/sparkle and NEXT LEVEL and she'll just sing rule to promote both releases.
Old 22nd February 2009, 01:52 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Yeah, at least I was relieved to hear in her recent post that she did some magazine shooting. The theory is still going around though on bbs. What I don't understand though is why Avex rushed this album so much? Why not announce it for end of April instead of March, that way she could properly promote both the single AND album. I don't see why it had to be March.

Fiscal financial year ends in March for companies, and with recent economic events, I'm sure avex wants to show that it is still super profitable to investors. Perhaps Avex forced Ayu to release earlier than she expected. I mean, the USB prototypes are already finalized and blank ones are out but not the songs...thats a little fishy to me.

And avex can always persuade ayu to release a little earlier with some cha-ching!
Old 22nd February 2009, 07:07 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

It's too bad - I was getting used to her Christmas/year-end releases. I hope the rush doesn't compromise music quality, at least.
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:19 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Panda View Post
It's too bad - I was getting used to her Christmas/year-end releases. I hope the rush doesn't compromise music quality, at least.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about, but NEXT LEVEL put my fears to rest a little bit....
Old 23rd February 2009, 05:19 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post
Fiscal financial year ends in March for companies, and with recent economic events, I'm sure avex wants to show that it is still super profitable to investors. Perhaps Avex forced Ayu to release earlier than she expected. I mean, the USB prototypes are already finalized and blank ones are out but not the songs...thats a little fishy to me.

And avex can always persuade ayu to release a little earlier with some cha-ching!
Ahh thats a really good explanation! I'm sure that is the actual reason. I had forgotten that is when Japans financial year ends. I doubt Ayu is too happy about having to rush so much just because avex demands to release an album for investors. (reminds me of A Best)
Old 23rd February 2009, 05:59 AM
JEWEL Initiate

^ I wonder if the covers will reflect that? Then again, Ayu doesn't seem to resentful about this album...
Old 23rd February 2009, 06:32 AM
walking proud Initiate

You know what I always find interesting? With all this talk of recession, I wonder if it really negatively effects music sales (at least in Japan). Because Japan went through a major recession in the 90s, yet that is when music sales were at their all time highest! Maybe people actually buy more music in a recession as an escape from reality.
Old 7th March 2009, 07:24 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Is Days/GREEN officially ended its charting?

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 7th March 2009, 07:30 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
You know what I always find interesting? With all this talk of recession, I wonder if it really negatively effects music sales (at least in Japan). Because Japan went through a major recession in the 90s, yet that is when music sales were at their all time highest! Maybe people actually buy more music in a recession as an escape from reality.
Or they may have been purchasing a lot to boost the economy? Lol.

At any rate, part of me thinks the recession has little to do with sales of Japanese music.... I mean, if the Japanese like it, they will buy it. Case in point, HEART STATION and BEST FICTION... also EXILE's amazing year last year... and yeah the economy was going down hill then too! A COMPLETE even managed to sell 850K+ copies... so I really think it all comes down to what people want to buy....
Old 7th March 2009, 09:59 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanz16 View Post
Is Days/GREEN officially ended its charting?
no, the sales went up the last week, and it sold more than on the previous one (over 1k).

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 7th March 2009, 10:41 PM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
no, the sales went up the last week, and it sold more than on the previous one (over 1k).
~thnx So glad to hear that!

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 8th March 2009, 12:26 AM
Far away Initiate

still top 50~~
Old 8th March 2009, 03:05 AM
poker face Initiate

I wonder if this could outsell Mirrorcle World?!?!
Closed Thread