[Charts & Rankings] Days/GREEN 2nd ORICON SALES THREAD - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th December 2008, 09:24 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarAngel View Post
This is getting encouraging. I also forgot about the 2 week oricon combined thingy. Hope it can surpass MW though i doubt it but i was hoping right from the start it might, because both are decent songs and it's a winter ballad after all. But unlikely.

I don't think you guys should diss Koda Kumi, she's just a singer doing her thing. As if Days/GREEN wasn't capitalizing on the whole winter thing as well? And both are under Avex so there's no point cannibalizing each other. Ayu already had her no.1.
So true...

But yeah, hopefully it will have steady sales.
Old 30th December 2008, 09:35 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAKE EMOTION View Post
i don't think it's really your place to say that people are losing interest in Kuu based on sales alone..your saying it's because of the song and blah blah blah, well that's not the reason it's selling like it is because stay with me is doing very very well digitally. and yes, TRICK probably does have an effect on the single's sales, especially in this era of sales figures.

ANYWAY do any big names release on wednesday? because if not and kuu and ayu keep the top 2 spots it'll probably get really close between the two of them.
I didn't say Koda shouldn't have her no1 (as I don't care), and STOP BLAMING THE RELEASE OF AN ALBUM FOR HER RATHER POOR SALES! TABOO didn't sell that much either as only the first day sales were better and TRICK wasn't even announced back than. Mika's ORION was also released prior to the album and did really well sales wise. And all the Ku fans seem to be saying that it's doing really well digitally yet somehow no one ever bothers posting the source nor any proof of that. I am not saying it's doing bad digitally but I don't really believe it's doing that great. I am not dissing her as I listen to her a lot myself, it's just that some people can't seem to accept the fact that she is way past her prime and that her sales are and will keep declining.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 30th December 2008, 10:50 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Nice to see "Days / GREEN" hanging in so well. Hopefully Ayu can get another 40K in sales over the two weeks.

"Put your hands up together! Keep your hands up together! Let me sing forever!"

Old 30th December 2008, 04:46 PM
WE WISH Initiate

After the official numbers are in, the single will have sold 140-150k after two weeks. Its still a longshot but if she can average 2k sales a day for the next three weeks, Days/GREEN can surpass MW and break 200k.
Old 30th December 2008, 09:40 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I didn't say Koda shouldn't have her no1 (as I don't care), and STOP BLAMING THE RELEASE OF AN ALBUM FOR HER RATHER POOR SALES! TABOO didn't sell that much either as only the first day sales were better and TRICK wasn't even announced back than. Mika's ORION was also released prior to the album and did really well sales wise. And all the Ku fans seem to be saying that it's doing really well digitally yet somehow no one ever bothers posting the source nor any proof of that. I am not saying it's doing bad digitally but I don't really believe it's doing that great. I am not dissing her as I listen to her a lot myself, it's just that some people can't seem to accept the fact that she is way past her prime and that her sales are and will keep declining.
Well put.
As for her declining sales, I don;t think her sales will keep declining starting now. It is up to Kuu herself. But honestly, lately, I feel like Kuu isn;t herself anymore. I love old Kuu when she still has her character. Nowadays, probably because of this year scandal, she's like 'afraid' to show her true nature. She's like playing it safe and look how people will react. Taboo had a great potential, she just didn't use it well. And TABOO sold well too, but I believe if only she did put herself more into it, Taboo would sell more than that.
As for her losing popularity, I think it might be true. Since that scandal, she was losing a great deal of her fan base. The older women who used to be her fans might already dissed her now. And usually that older women are the ones with money as they are working adults and have better financial.

Whatever it is that makes her SWM single sold badly, I don;t think this will mark her point of declining in sales or popularity. 55K isn;t bad, that;s what I know. (But gotta admit, at her caliber 55k is bad^^)

edit:
And Yes... I do hope Ayu will get steady sales with more than 2k index next week. But as someone said before (I forget who). It is highly likely that AYu won't beat Kuu's SWM. But another mirrocle would be awesome^^

Last edited by v3lun420; 30th December 2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 30th December 2008, 10:21 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Quote:
I completely agree with all that you said
Old 31st December 2008, 01:43 AM
Far away Initiate

Yeah haha...let's not turn this into a Koda Kumi sales thread, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfebaggins View Post
After the official numbers are in, the single will have sold 140-150k after two weeks. Its still a longshot but if she can average 2k sales a day for the next three weeks, Days/GREEN can surpass MW and break 200k.
Yeah that would be really crazy actually haha. 2K sales a day average would really be something. I wonder if the CDL sales will help give her the boost she needs, or is it not counted into the sales? Provided a good majority of those people don't have the single yet, that would be quite a lot of copies sold haha.
Old 31st December 2008, 03:11 AM
count down Initiate

Omg it rose up to 1.9k! If it really does keep increasing (say perhaps to 2.5k?), Days/GREEN can REALLY surpass Mirrorcle World! And about time too; this is really one of her best singles to me in the recent years; with two strong A-sides and fantastic bonus tracks.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 31st December 2008, 04:03 AM
ourselves Initiate

at least we have PCDL to help boost sales. Kouhaku won't be bad either.

My travel blog
Old 31st December 2008, 04:18 AM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
PCDL & Kouhaku will surely help, but then January usually means a terrible decrease on music sales in general compared to December
Old 31st December 2008, 06:55 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

...but Ayu isn't performing "Days" at Kouhaku, she is performing "Mirrorcle World".

I think it would be amazing if Ayu could catch up to Kuu in sales by next week, but it might be a longshot. Also, it would be kind of a slap-in-the-face if "D/G" was a close second to "swm" because Kuu as seen as the "hottest" new female act out, while Ayu hasn't being doing too hot. So this would be her 2nd and 3rd week competing with Kumi's 1st and 2nd... to be close would mean they are on a similar level.

Anyway, that's just my take on this shizznizz.

"Put your hands up together! Keep your hands up together! Let me sing forever!"

Old 31st December 2008, 09:26 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

Quote:
I think it would be amazing if Ayu could catch up to Kuu in sales by next week, but it might be a longshot. Also, it would be kind of a slap-in-the-face if "D/G" was a close second to "swm" because Kuu as seen as the "hottest" new female act out, while Ayu hasn't being doing too hot. So this would be her 2nd and 3rd week competing with Kumi's 1st and 2nd... to be close would mean they are on a similar level.
Don't think so. Majority of a music artist's sales is done on the first week. Discounting the first week of an artist to compete against the first week of another artist is quite unfair.
Old 1st January 2009, 07:48 AM
YOU Initiate

I'm very hapy that ayu is doing good. Perhaps her single will be up-to-par like Step You/Is this Love? I hope Kuu gets her #1 too. The AVEX girls know how to make their fans happy. Poor Hikki tho. She's the only female who's defending EMI at the moment. I wish Shiina was big like her debut days.

Quote:
I didn't say Koda shouldn't have her no1 (as I don't care), and STOP BLAMING THE RELEASE OF AN ALBUM FOR HER RATHER POOR SALES! TABOO didn't sell that much either as only the first day sales were better and TRICK wasn't even announced back then. Mika's ORION was also released prior to the album and did really well sales wise. And all the Ku fans seem to be saying that it's doing really well digitally yet somehow no one ever bothers posting the source nor any proof of that. I am not saying it's doing bad digitally but I don't really believe it's doing that great. I am not dissing her as I listen to her a lot myself, it's just that some people can't seem to accept the fact that she is way past her prime and that her sales are and will keep declining.
I don't think anyone was blaming the album for her sales but it is a factor as to why it's selling the way it's selling with this single (not that its bad or anything especially since the way it was released.I think it's doing very well). Trick was announced probably like 2 or 3 weeks after SWM's 1st date was released. Don't forget that it leaked way a head of it's release date plus it was set back a week. I think it's been out for nearly two months already.

As for her prime, Kuu is still pretty much popular and is still one of the highest grossing female singers in Japan. Just because her sales aren't what you consider "high" doesn't mean she isn't doing well nor means she isn't popular. Sorry but that's like saying Utada Hikaru isn't popular/past her prime just because Heart Station/Stay Gold didn't sell a 100k her first week/overall.

~The Fercious BoA~

Old 1st January 2009, 08:26 AM
CAROLS Initiate

so far so good.

Old 1st January 2009, 11:59 PM
Sexy little things Protector

Why does Oricon stop updating after the 27th? Is it because of New Years?
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:04 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

gosh it'd be so awesome if ayu had a second week at #1 xDDD

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 2nd January 2009, 05:19 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I just brought a copy of Green/Days. There was a discount going on at CDjapan and I had 300 points..so I ended up paying 21 CDN dollars for the first press version+poster
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:38 AM
ourselves Initiate

the double week will probably average out at #2, i'm guessing. which is still good!

My travel blog
Old 4th January 2009, 12:13 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Daily Oricon's Ranks and Sales

2008/12/29付
Spoiler:
*1位東方神起 「どうして君を好きになってしまったんだろう?」 *3,146
*2位東方神起 「Beautiful you/千年恋歌」 *3,138
*3位 浜崎あゆみ「Days/GREEN」 *1,443
*4位 秋元順子 「愛のままで…」
*5位 倖田來未 「stay with me」
*6位 ポルノグラフィティ 「今宵、月が見えずとも」