~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A setlists, photos, and etc. [III] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd July 2011, 04:30 PM
Over Initiate

I'm back from Yoyogi~
I totally love the arrangement!
Progress sounds nice! It started with acoustic and then the original version (but i only love the intro & chorus )
M is purely
even B&D sounds better than the original version

the setlist (if i'm not wrong)
1. forgiveness
2. progress
3. A Song for XX
4. M
5. NEVER EVER
6. walking proud
7. part of Me
8. Love song
9. Vogue
10. Far Away
11. Seasons
12. July 1st
13. B&D
14. Mirrocle World
15. Evolution
16. B&G
17. Born to be
18. A Song is born
19. Thank You

edit: oh.. there was WONDERLAND somewhere..

She changed her costumes 4 times (i think)
Just like Utena had mentioned above. One of them is the same as the picture on the first page. The other costumes look similar~ there was a costume with prince jasmine-like pants?

~15周年間、おめでとう!~

You are my dream
Is this trap?
I don't know

Last edited by Lee^ChaN; 23rd July 2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 23rd July 2011, 04:35 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee^ChaN View Post
I'm back from Yoyogi~
I totally love the arrangement!
Progress sounds nice! It started with acoustic and then the original version (but i only love the intro & chorus )
M is purely
even B&D sounds better than the original version

the setlist (if i'm not wrong)
1. forgiveness
2. progress
3. A Song for XX
4. M
5. NEVER EVER
6. walking proud
7. part of Me
8. Love song
9. Vogue
10. Far Away
11. Seasons
12. July 1st
13. B&D
14. Mirrocle World
15. Evolution
16. B&G
17. Born to be
18. A Song is born
19. Thank You

edit: oh.. there was WONDERLAND somewhere..

She changed her costumes 4 times (i think)
Just like Utena had mentioned above. One of them is the same as the picture on the first page. The other costumes look similar~ there was a costume with prince jasmine-like pants?
Lee, do you still remember the chapter division? Pain, Imagine, Sorrow, Chance, etc...
Old 23rd July 2011, 04:38 PM
Over Initiate

@Chibishun: nooo.. there were too many!!
Thanks for getting us the Confetti

~15周年間、おめでとう!~

You are my dream
Is this trap?
I don't know

Old 23rd July 2011, 06:35 PM
July 1st Initiate

Back from the concert, and now I truly understand the POWER of MUSIC. The concert was just pure epic-ness!!!!!! XD

I can't remember the exact setlist because I wasn't taking note, but here are some things.

1. The trilogy is back in full, she performed vogue-Far away-SEASONS.

2. This concert may have a short setlist, but it's a normal-length show, about 2.5 hours in total. There were lots of audience interactions and stuffs which took up time.

3. There were 6 costumes in total, I think. They're all the same beige one, but just in different designs. There was a long dress version, followed by a short dress version, followed by another long see-through dress version, then another short dress, then lastly a toga/pants version. All these were paired with glittery knee-length boots. Oh, and she did the encore songs in a white tour shirt, white shorts and white knee-length boots.

4. Yes, she sang progress. It started out really slowly, with just bare minimal instrumentation and just her voice, for the first verse and chorus. After that, it switched to the pop version that is in the Tales of CM. The instrumental bridge is really cool, but it sounds super similar to the bridge of another ayu song, but I can't put my finger on it exactly. The ending sounds like the Tales of CM again. It was a typical ayu song style, but it was awesome!

5. What most people have been wondering about: her vocals. They were amazing, it's really obvious that she has undergone training. Her voice is really poweful, and though there were times when she goes off-tune, they were extremely rare. Of note: after hours of jumping around, singing, and stuff, she still managed to perform the last song Thank U amazingly well. Now that in itself really impressed me!

6. Song arrangements. Almost every single song in the setlist has been remixed, so none were in their original forms. It kinda felt like I was listening to a whole new remix album. And I gotta say, whoever rearranged all these songs is a genius!! Most of the arrangements were great! A Song for XX was a more pop-ish version of take2 from A BALLADS. M was rock style, an awesome rearrangement. Love song was an unplugged version, and was awesome too!! The trilogy were of a bossa nova kinda mix. Catcher in the Light and WONDERLAND's MY STORY versions made it into the setlist as interludes. I can't wait to rip this concert into mp3 format!! ^^

7. There's lots of audience participation this time round. The audience sang Love song, SEASONS, B&D and a song is born with ayu (plus the usual evo and B&G). We did the dividing of the venue into 4 sections again, with each section doing "yayayaya" "gagagaga" "dadadada" "wowowowo". That was pure fun! ^^

8. A World is One's hands to the sky video was shown just before the encore began, accompanied by Daybreak piano version and a Pray for Japan message.

KK, I'll write a more complete review soon. Gotta go sleep!! Nights~

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Last edited by Misa-chan; 23rd July 2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 23rd July 2011, 06:45 PM
Kana×Shin

I want to listen to “progress” right now, @Misa-chan Thank you for posting reviews and can't wait to see this on DVD!
Old 23rd July 2011, 06:57 PM
Initiate

Thanks so much for the review!Misa-chan!Hope the show in Saitama 'll even be more awesome!
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:08 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
8. A World is One's hands to the sky video was shown just before the encore began, accompanied by Daybreak piano version and a Pray for Japan message.
wow, this part made me to tears

thanks for your reviews guys
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:29 PM
Who... Initiate

So glad the trilogy's back! <3 Now just bring back my BLUE BIRD/blossom/monochrome and I'll be right back to loving this setlist

It sounds like you had an awesome time Misa-chan, so glad you enjoyed
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:37 PM
winding road Initiate

Thanks for reviews guys! This surely sounds awesome.
Old 23rd July 2011, 07:45 PM
Over Initiate

Thanks misa-chan!!!

thanks ownsarai

Old 23rd July 2011, 10:33 PM
Far away Initiate

Thanks for the review misa-chan!!
I hope someone record progress
Old 24th July 2011, 02:02 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Aaah, gotta add these reviews to the first post!
Old 24th July 2011, 02:46 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
7. There's lots of audience participation this time round. The audience sang Love song, SEASONS, B&D and a song is born with ayu (plus the usual evo and B&G). We did the dividing of the venue into 4 sections again, with each section doing "yayayaya" "gagagaga" "dadadada" "wowowowo". That was pure fun! ^^
Haha this sounds so cute <3
Old 24th July 2011, 06:58 AM
Lelio Protector

Thanks for all the reviews!! So happy the trilogy is back!!
Old 24th July 2011, 09:19 AM
until that Day… Initiate

wow...so many good reviews of POM tour this time!!
ayu and the staff have really done great job!!
it's pure music and ayu!
i really wish it oculd be there!!
Old 24th July 2011, 09:52 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Thank you for the review!
I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.^^

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 24th July 2011, 10:10 AM
from your letter Initiate

The reviews are highly appreciate it specially from people of outside Japan!(90% of Sekai users?n___n)

Old 24th July 2011, 10:46 AM
until that Day… Initiate

yea i've been reading lots of good reviews for POM tour..unlike the previous tours..there are alwaus like 50% good and 50% bad reviews haha~
it's probably because of the arrangements of each of the songs that are completely different from the original version in which ayu would usually use in the previous tours..
people probably are more excited to hear newer version? and ayu has worked so hard to improve her vocal through training.
Old 24th July 2011, 12:50 PM
Two of us Initiate

Oh^ it all lookes soo epic!! Can't wait for DVD!! I want to see it NAO!!! pleasepleaseplease!!
Old 24th July 2011, 01:28 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Just back from the concert, I loved every minute of it. Yesterday was already so much fun but today I got really emotional and cried a lot and I think ayu also was a bit more emotional today, she cried during "a song is born" and at the beginning of the concert she was like "motto!!" all the time for our claps! She and all the troupe gave it their all for the last two days.

If it wasn't mentioned before, Love song was an acoustic version with only Yo and Enrique playing guitars, evolution and Boys&Girls were some kind of medley and Born to be... was short version (well, kind of, the verses and chorus were in different places).
Moreover, at the start of forgiveness she sang an English line, something like "destruction.... desire.... but I only want to keep my life" or something.. I didn't get it completely. But it was beautiful and her voice was soooo strong!!!

Oh and for audience participation, today was sooo cool!!! Everyone did like a "laola" (don't know if this is the word in English, it is in German) wave through the whole hall. Like, people were standing up in waves. It looked just awesome!

And my Japanese is still at the lowest level, but I think ayu said that today was the last show for POWER of MUSIC (as some suspected already). Also, there were cameras! At least more and bigger ones than yesterday if I saw it right.

AND it does not matter at all if you are in the stands or arena seats, that is just for the people who wonder. =) I was in A block for yesterday and LAST row of J block 2nd level stands today, and today was even more emotional for me.
BUT if you had like front row arena seats, that would surely be an exception, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
on mixi it says progress is similar to memorial address, how it starts off as a ballad
yes, it starts all ballad-y and then goes a bit rockish. It's really cool, I like it a lot!! When the "rock" part started, they were going crazy with the red/white light

"You don't need to think, you just need to feel..."
~POWER of MUSIC~
23.07.2011 & 24.07.2011

Last edited by ayumisrael; 24th July 2011 at 05:09 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, hotel love songs, power of music, power of music 2011